Completed Creativity and Practicality (Aider)

Savio comes up with new moves for fighting and puts them to practice with the help of an acquaintance.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Known as the Celestial Seat, Nyka is a religious city in Northern Sylira. Ruled by four demigods and traversed by a large crevice, the monk-city is both mystical and dangerous. [Lore]

Creativity and Practicality (Aider)

Postby Savio on August 12th, 2013, 11:08 am

62nd of Summer, 513AV

The sun had just got high enough to really heat up the world below, but it was not as warm as it normally was. The air seemed cooler somehow, as though the Fall season was already threatening to overtake Summer. It was only a little past 10 bells and Savio was already hard at work, running over the roof tops of the Western Quarter to deliver the last scroll of his first set of deliveries.

For once things were going smoothly. He was making his jumps perfectly, and the monks were already accustomed to seeing Savio running across the titled roofs that they did not stop him. In fact, he was delivering the scroll to a monk of Xannos. He enjoying how his legs no longer burned when he jumped too much, having accustomed themselves to the hard work that Savio went through every day.

He was constantly training himself. Always pushing himself farther than he did the day before. He would run all through work, up until the fourteenth bell sometimes. Then he would return to the school only to train himself more in his unarmed skills, or the gladius until the sky was dark and the stars were fully out. It was hard, and on some days he had to literally crawl out of bed because his body hurt so much. But he endured it. He moved faster because of it, and he could hit harder, and react sooner.

He had a long way to go, though. It wasn’t like he wanted to be a Master fighter like Ximal. He just wanted to be better than he currently was. He still hadn’t found a “proper” reason for his training. He had no intention of becoming some sort of story tale hero. Nor did he have a vendetta against anyone, other than Revy of course but that was Revy.

He delivered the scroll, accepted the delivery fee and then returned to the Bureau for another load. It was a constant cycle. He had even become quite familiar with Nyka in the process. In the last fifty days, he had learned most of the city’s layout from the roof tops. From street level, he would still be hopelessly lost. On occasion, he found himself missing the endless corridors of Syliras. One day he will return home… One day.

Two bells pasted and his second load was done. Today, he figured that two sets were enough and let Anđelko that he was going home early. The older man didn’t mind. Savio was a hard worker that normally did double the loads.

It didn’t take long for Savio to get from the East Quarter to the Northern Quarter. It was a route he had traveled many times since joining Ximal’s school. When he got onto the welcoming grounds, he quickly went to his room and changed out of his normal clothes into his training shorts. No boots or shirt. He took his water bag and a wooden gladius out to the training yard.

There were ideas that he had been toying with for a while. Different moves that could combine his knowledge of acrobatics and unarmed. Ximal always encouraged creativity, to formulate their own techniques. Savio took a long breath before starting his stretching routine. Ximal might think that it was pointless, but Savio knew he needed it. It was like meditation for him.

Savio first started with his arms and shoulders. He could feel the muscles flexing and shifting with every movement. After his arms were limber, he moved to his back, then his legs until his who body felt perfectly flexable. To test that, Savio leaned backward until his body made a perfect arch with his belly towards the sun.

Last edited by Savio on September 4th, 2013, 8:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Thoughts""Speech""NPC"

Threads: 2/5
Grandfathered Threads To Complete: 6

Signature by Edreina
Savio
If there is no struggle, there is no progress

Words: 200123
Joined roleplay: June 9th, 2013, 11:58 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Artist (1)

Postby Aider Silander on August 25th, 2013, 10:36 pm

Aider walked around the outside of the northern wall. The sun shining down on warming him up, but with a slight chill in the air. His eyes glancing from side to side until he saw what he was looking for, a building. Sitting out here alone, apparently some school for fighting. He was interested when he heard about a school being built outside the walls. He looked around noticing the schools lay out. It was in the middle of no where, surrounded by trees and wildlife. He shook his head, "Don't understand why he sat it out here... I don't think its the best place to get students" he mumbled to himself. He stepped into the courtyard, where he noticed a man bending over. He looked the man over quickly, noticing that he was obviously in shape. He coughed and waited for the man to look at him.

Hey all, just wanted to say I am sorry for any delays and failed promises. I am getting ready for a huge trip out of the country as well as taking on a lot of extra shifts at work. The creative side of my brain hasn't been active as of late.
Aider Silander
She has my heart on the end of her blade.

Words: 170163
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2013, 4:03 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Savio on August 26th, 2013, 2:30 am

The sound of someone coughing roused Savio from his practice, he looked over at the strange man standing at the entrance of the school. He blinked for a short moment until he twisted his body without lifting it up until he was properly facing the ground before standing straight.

“Can I help you?” Savio called out to the man cautiously.

Perhaps he was seeking to become a new student? It would be nice to have a new face in the school if that was the case. He walked over to the newcomer after grabbing his water bag and taking a long drink from it.

"Thoughts""Speech""NPC"

Signature by Edreina
Savio

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Artist (1)

Postby Aider Silander on August 26th, 2013, 2:45 am

Aider watched as the man twisted to where he was facing the ground. He raised and eyebrow as the man stood up. He asked if he could help him, with a gentle nod he said "Yes, I suppose. This is the school of the iron foot or something, right?". He watched the man drink and gave his lower lip a little lick. 'Hmm a fine wine would be good tonight' he thought, as his mind wandered a bit before he turned his attention back towards the man. "Anyway the name doesn't really matter" he said waving his hand in the air. "Are you the master here?" he asked, "how many students are there? Are there more teachers?". He fired the questions in rapid succession, his mind curious with all kind of thoughts. "Why did you make it all the way out here? Isn't it hard to attract students?" he said looking at the courtyard. "What kind of styles do you teach" he asked, before looking back at the man. His eyes alight with curiosity. He slid his hand under his chin and used his other arm to prop it up almost as if he was resting his head at a table. "Do you teach any kind of weapon combat?" he asked.

Hey all, just wanted to say I am sorry for any delays and failed promises. I am getting ready for a huge trip out of the country as well as taking on a lot of extra shifts at work. The creative side of my brain hasn't been active as of late.
Aider Silander

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Savio on August 26th, 2013, 3:18 am

Savio blinked in stunned silence for a moment. The questions were wickedly fast and it took a moment for it all to fully sink in. A smile formed on the young acrobat’s face as he shook his head. The man seemed to have the attention span as short as Sayren’s.

“I am not Ximal, I am just a student here, at the Iron Fist.” Savio answered with a small chuckle. “As for students, there are just two of us living here: a young Drykas woman and myself. And there are three teachers in total. Ximal; the master of the school and the teacher of unarmed combat, Bones; the teacher of both unarmed and Gladius, and Revy who is the teacher of the long sword.”

Savio kept his sarcastic comments to himself. The man seemed cocky, but Ximal had mentioned that he needed more students. His smile only grew because he knew that Ximal was going to fix the man’s arrogance right off the bat. Savio knew that all too well from experience.

“I’m not a teacher, but I can help out in acrobatics. I’m pretty good at that. But I’m still pretty new to everything else when it comes to fighting.”

"Thoughts""Speech""NPC"

Signature by Edreina
Savio

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Artist (1)

Postby Aider Silander on August 26th, 2013, 4:40 am

Aider stood there, looking at this man, his hand on his chin. He shook his head and dropped his hands to the side. "Sorry. Iron Fist" he said. He turned to the side taking a few steps. "I've heard of this Ximal. The other two not so much. But then again, Im not really one to hunt people down." he said. "Acrobatics? That's a pretty useful skill to have" he said. "Good for escapes, fighting and pleasing people" he said. "What are you here for? Beside learning to fight that is" he added, quickly turning back towards the man. "Do you have any other interest? Besides fighting and training?" he asked. He paused for a second as he scratched his clean shaven face. "The names Aider by the way, Aider Silander" he held out his hand for the man to shake. "And you are?" he asked.

Aider Silander

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Savio on August 26th, 2013, 4:55 am

Savio took the offered hand and shook it with a firm grip. “My name is Savio Cazzola.” He answered with a friendly smile.

“And as for my reason for being here… Well… So far it’s just to train. I came here from Syliras so that I could better myself. It just so happens that I heard of Ximal and his school first. I want to better myself. I am learning Unarmed Combat from Ximal and Gladius skills from Bones.” Savio became quiet for a moment and thought about the other questions Aider had asked.

“I started learning Acrobatics back in Syliras with some friends who were professionals. It’s something I enjoy and specialize in. But right now, my life consists of work and training.” Savio chuckled again. It was a calm existence but he didn’t mind. He only hoped that it could continue to be that calm.

“If you are interested in becoming a student, you should talk to either Ximal or one of the other teachers. They will give you a small test to see your skills and to see if you are worthy of joining. But I didn’t see any of them inside when I was in there, but you are welcome to hang around and wait until one of them gets back.”

"Thoughts""Speech""NPC"

Signature by Edreina
Savio

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Artist (1)

Postby Aider Silander on August 26th, 2013, 4:45 pm

Aider returned the firm grip with his own. He chuckled abit at the mention of becoming a student. "No, no. I have no interest in being a student. Atleast not now." he said. "I was just curious about what this place looked like, since I heard it was being built out here." he added. "Would you ever train anyone in Acrobatics?" he asked. Though he thought he would have little use for it in Nyka, It could help if he traveled anywhere else. He leaned back on his heels and rolled his neck, causing it to crack in multiple places. "What were you doing anyway?" he asked, as he remember the position he saw the man in earlier. His curiosity now shifted back towards other things. "Anything, I might be able to help you with?" he asked.

Aider Silander

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Savio on August 26th, 2013, 6:25 pm

Savio raised an eyebrow at Aider’s admission that he did not wish to be a student just yet, but he could understand curiosity. Though what did surprise him was being asked if he would ever teach Acrobatics. He leaned against the wall and thought for a moment.

“Teach? Perhaps one day. But I don’t think I am good enough to really teach it just yet. I still have a lot to learn, and there are things that I cannot do.” He stood back straight and walked over to where he had been practicing beforehand. “I will never be truly good at Contortion. Training for that starts at a pretty young age. Though I can do things that most other people can’t.

“What you saw me doing was a simple ‘Bridge’ that I corrected with a body twist.”
Savio shook out his arms and repeated the bridge for Aider. His hands were flat on the sand while his body curved elegantly into a perfect arch. “It took me a long time to finally get this right. The flexibility in my back needed to be worked on though constant practice.” He then twisted his body again, but he didn’t stop when his chest faced the ground, but instead he continued to twist his body until he was once again arched backward.

“I don’t think anyone else in the school other than Ximal is better than me at acrobatics.” Savio said with a slight touch of pride. He then lifted his right leg up into the air along with his left until he was performing a handstand. He then continued the movement of his legs until he was once again facing the ground. He stood up and gave Aider a sheepish smile. Perhaps he was showing off, but he couldn’t help it. It had been a long while since he performed his acrobatics in front of anyone.

In fact, now that thought about it, he hadn’t performed since he left Syliras. Adean would have put a boot up my arse if he knew that.

Savio dusted off his hands on his shorts before answering Aider’s final question. “Actually, perhaps you can help me. I have been trying to figure out how to combine both Acrobatics with my Unarmed Combat and create signature moves. It’s something Ximal asked both of his students to do, so that our fighting wasn’t ‘cookie cutter’. So… Maybe you can watch as I try out a few moves that I have been thinking about? And maybe give a few pointers or ideas?”

"Thoughts""Speech""NPC"

Signature by Edreina
Savio

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Artist (1)

Postby Aider Silander on August 26th, 2013, 8:14 pm

"Even someone with a little experience can teach someone with none at all" he said, before he let Savio explain his body movement. Aider watched as Savio performed his tricks. Aider raised an eyebrow as Savio did a handstand. He was going to say something until the man spoke again, about having to make some signature move and needing some tips or another set of eyes. "Id be more then willing to help, I have nothing better to do right now. He looked around then shrugged and took off his shoes and shirt. He folded his shirt and placed it on the ground next to his shoes. "So how shall we start?" he asked, waiting for the man to lead. Hoping not to take any of this mans fire, it wasn't good to make someone feel threatened by you. Especially when you knew nothing about the guy. He rolled his shoulder and looked back towards the guy.

Aider Silander

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Next