Closed I Hate Dogs

Gale loses something dear to him.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

I Hate Dogs

Postby Kendhl Pilkvist on August 23rd, 2013, 11:04 pm

Petch. They'd separated the two. Kendhl had nothing that could serve as a weapon on her person, except for maybe her longer teeth, but she'd have to get close to the dog, much too close for comfort. The half-wolf crept closer to her. It stank, the smell powerful enough for even a human's nose to pick up.

She felt a nip in one of her hands, yanking it away from the smaller beast's jaws. Her knee came up and clocked it in the jaw, then extended to shove it away. She landed awkwardly, in a lunge as if she were an over-eager fencer. The Kelvic almost fell over. Regaining her balance, Kendhl jumped back.

"Kendhl!"

Her head whipped around.

"Gale!?"

Bad move. The half-wolf flickered forwards, teeth closing on her thigh and biting down. For a moment she didn't even feel anything, and then the femur snapped in two. Kendhl screamed. It was an agonizing, ear-piercing one, one that sent shivers down spines and ended in a horrible, deathly wail. She had never broken a bone before. The Kelvic's leg was bent oddly, and she couldn't breathe.

Her fingers grabbed at the thing's snout, clawing desperately. She sat up. When had she fallen down? Kendhl punched it, kicked it with the uninjured leg, managed to even draw gashes down its nose, but to no avail. Suddenly she was looking at the sky. Tipped her head back further and she saw Gale. Her mouth was agape, her eyes a stormy grey with tiny flecks of silver.

"Gale. It hurts. Help me."

Her voice surprised her. She didn't sound like she was in pain, she just sounded... Neutral.

"Kendhl's words", Kendhl's Thoughts
Kendhl Pilkvist
The Lonely Ghost

Words: 52800
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2013, 11:51 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

I Hate Dogs

Postby Abstract on August 24th, 2013, 12:58 pm

The dog Gale kicked ran away, just like the rest, and so did the one Ken smacked. That left them with five opponents- including the largest and most powerful. However, when the Kelvic punched him in the nose, he recoiled slightly, letting go of his prey's thigh reluctantly, and wining in pain. Still, he didn't run away like the others, but stayed a little ways away, his lips curled in a growl. Really, the attack seemed to make him more angry than scared, probably worsening the situation.

While Gale's attention was focused on his bondmate, the three dogs around him took it as a prompt to keep attacking. Two, those on his right and left, leaped at almost the same time, darting forward to grab the man's hands in their jaws. If he managed to move his hand in time, it would be fine, and end up with the canine crashing into his leg before retreating. If the bite landed true... their sharp teeth would quickly bite into Gale's flesh, causing deep wounds, and maybe amputation in one or two of the appendages. Once done that attack, they would try to hang on as long as possible, though a simple smack or kick would drive them off.

Ken on the other hand was facing one less opponent, though probably ten times more in strength. Now that she was on the ground, the two dogs towered over her, still growling threateningly. The smaller of the pair dashed forward and bit her shoulder before hopping back quickly. The larger, almost right after, would leap forward to her neck, a killing blow if allowed to strike properly. If not... it would probably be fatal anyways.

OOC...now I feel guilty. Petch.
Abstract
In a roundabout way... everything is me

Words: 382975
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2013, 4:06 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (2)

I Hate Dogs

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on August 24th, 2013, 2:28 pm

Common Vani Nari

Ah! Gods, that looks disgusting! Ow, dear lords above help her. It was an unlawful sound to hear. If it was lawful, it shouldn't be! It was utterly horrifying. Gale wanted to gag at the bend of her leg, but only called again,"Kendhl!" He lifted a hand up as he did, as if to reach out and take her hand, or to show her where he was in a crowd of people. But instead of people, it was lowly, pathetic hounds.

While distracted, the intense sting ringing in his hand forced a loud scream of pain. The other dog, thankfully, missed his hand when he lifted it, and instead tumbled into his legs. He managed to lose balance, falling over onto of the dog that was using his hand as a chew toy. A yelp of surprise from the fall passed through his lips. An awkward landing, he supposed.

The crimson liquid started to fall from his hand and into the canine's mouth and the dirt below. Gale felt a pop, or maybe a tare in his hand. Unsure of what it was, he figured it wasn't good. Enraged and scared, the man kicked the dog that ran into him away, then flipped over onto his stomach to look at the filthy mutt's eyes he landed on. Obviously he was enjoying his hand. Sorry, the hand can't serve lunch at the moment. Pounding the eating knife into it's muzzle and skull, he hoped to achieve some sort of award. Like a puncture that would pour it's blood out slowly and painfully, or for it to be crippled. Chances are, however, it would probably just let go of his hand if he didn't hit any vitals. The Zeltivan flailed, smashing the dagger everywhere, unsure if he was actually hitting it, let alone where he did. Though if the dog lets go, then his mission would be accomplished.

He never heard Kendhl's words about her pain. Yells of anger mixed with anguish vibrated in his throat, making it impossible to hear anything else other than the petching dogs. His mind wouldn't even comprehend them anyway. The only words he would understand was 'Kill', 'The', and 'Dogs'. Kill the dogs. Kill the dogs. Kill the dogs. A chant that repeated over and over again in his head. Kill the dogs, kill the dogs. The dogs kill, kill the dogs!
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Words: 701701
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 2:25 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Overlored (1) Trash Medal (1)

I Hate Dogs

Postby Kendhl Pilkvist on August 24th, 2013, 3:56 pm

Gale. Gale was hurt too. But she couldn't help. Her shoulder hurt too much. She'd been bitten again. On her shoulder. That must've been why it hurt. It made sense, at least. Her throat was burning now, too. She wanted something to drink.

Kendhl reached up to her neck to rub it, her fingers slipping. She looked at her hand.

...Blood?

The burning made sense now. The Kelvic was fading fast, the world losing color and turning fuzzy. Where was Gale? She couldn't see anything clearly. Didn't even remember being bitten. Kendhl opened her mouth, gurgling blood.

"Gale."

It didn't sound like her bondmate's name. It sounded like she gagging. Blood oozed across her front, dripping onto the ground. There was so much of it. She couldn't even breathe properly now. Her torn throat made a single, desperate whistling noise, and stopped. The Kelvic's body went limp, her face frozen with eyes open and a pained look.

She was dead.

OOCOkay, wow. This was really bad. I am so sorry for the quality. I'll just go hide in my corner of shame now.

"Kendhl's words", Kendhl's Thoughts
Kendhl Pilkvist
The Lonely Ghost

Words: 52800
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2013, 11:51 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

I Hate Dogs

Postby Abstract on August 25th, 2013, 4:15 pm

The dog that wasn't eating Gale's hand, after being kicked full in the stomach, was shoved back a foot and dashed away, not wanting to be part of the battle anymore. The one he stabbed, however, wasn't able to get away as easily. The artist's flailing knife managed to catch the hound in the eye, gouging a deep and painful wound in the organ. As soon as this happened, and the weapon removed, the stray screamed (as best a dog could) and backed up, only retaining another scratch to the nose before sprinting as far away from the knife-wielding maniac as possible.

The half wolf was apparently in a blood-lust, his muzzle covered in the stuff, as he turned on his remaining companion. Within a tick, he'd leaped on the scrawny dog and tore out the thing's throat before turning on the last remaining living thing nearby- Gale. He growled, his white and black fur splattered with red, and the earth on his feet turning a similar color. He bunched up his muscles, preparing for his next move, and leaped, all 100 pounds soaring straight at the waiting prey.

However, the creature's aim wasn't the best, and if Gale simply sidestepped the attack, the canine would crash ungracefully to the ground. Attacking would have less effect, even a stab to the eye like in the previous hound would just make his rage even worse than before.
Abstract

Office
Scrapbook

I Hate Dogs

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on August 25th, 2013, 6:38 pm

Common Vani Nari

As much as Gale wanted all the dogs gone and as far away from his as possible, he didn't want them to just go away. He wanted them dead. That way, if anyone decides to walk out here, they wouldn't attack them either. The more dead they are the better. If that was even possible. However...

It was gone... Just... Gone... Like a stab to his stomach was his last gift as the bond shattered. It was cut...Gone... Just gone... His hands relaxed and the smaller dog ran off to safety, obviously taking Gale's fogged mind as an opportunity to escape. The agony in the pit of his stomach wanted to make him vomit. Though, instead, he found himself screaming. Although unsure of when he started screaming, it didn't matter. It didn't matter at all. Not anymore. Kendhl was gone. The bond severed. Kendhl was...Gone. In a flash, the most important thing to him was torn from him. Ripped out of his very being. Missing... It was devastating.

The screaming man stumbled to his feet, looking over at his bond mate's corpse while the vagik killed one of it's own. "KENDHL!!" The baritone voice cracked as it yelled on the top of his lungs. And that apparently caught the last remaining dog's attention. "YOU VAGIK!!" He shouted at it. Talking to it as if it understood. "WHY?!" Tears streamed down his dirt covered face. His blue eyes bursting with wrath, tribulation, mania, and depredation. All of which wanted to come out at once. And it did when the massive beast lunged at him and Gale let out a thundering roar like cry and stepping to the side. When the monster landed, the Zeltivan jumped onto it, straddling the vagik like a bull, and pulling his arms around it's neck. The knife was still in his hands, but flipped backwards so the blade was straight with his forearm. The pale hands locked tightly in attempts to hang on as long as possible.

"WHY DID YOU KILL HER?!" Still talking as if it could understand. The artist had completely lost the idea of them needing to hunt to live. It wasn't an option in his mind. He wanted to know why she had to die. Why she had to be killed. Why she was punished. And why it thought it could get away with it. Which it wasn't. None of them are getting away with it.
Last edited by Gale Austin McCenry on August 26th, 2013, 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

I Hate Dogs

Postby Abstract on August 26th, 2013, 4:13 pm

Much to Gale's (and anyone else watching) surprise, the dog stopped abruptly. It growled, louder than normal, before collapsing on the ground and rolling, but more so it could look up at the artist than crush him under it's back. It snapped once at the human's face before something amazing happened. It changed. In a brief moment, it turned from massive dog to bulky human. The man, actually quite fit, had a head of messy hair and wild eyes. And he was completely naked. He still growled at the man in this form, though it sounded slightly odd from a human's vocal cords.

"Why did I kill her? Are you an IDIOT? I'm HUNGRY! Now DIEEEE." Though he had the appearance of a human, he didn't seem to have the mentality, and instead was still in a rage. He pulled a fist up and hooked Gale in the face, before turning around and using both free arms to pull himself out from under the man. The Kelvic (because that was what he was) quickly scrambled from his position and turned on Gale, a few meters away now, before shifting back into his original form. The large canine immediately leaped at Gale, teeth bared. If the artist tried the same tactic again, the Kelvic would simply buck him off, rising up on to his hindquarters.

OOCThis box code totally fits the mood. Yup. I should really be using one of my wolf ones... heh
x
Abstract

Office
Scrapbook

I Hate Dogs

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on August 26th, 2013, 7:48 pm

Common Vani Nari

Stopped? It just stopped? No bucking or snarling or kicking or scratching? Just a loud growl and then collapsing? Wow, Gale must have been heavier than he thought! Or, maybe not., because it managed to roll over in his arms and flashed into a man. The light briefly blinded the pessimist, dots covering his vision as the Kelvic spoke, responding to his question, obviously. It was a rhetorical question though! Why did he take the time to ans-

What in the name of petching gods was that?! Did he hit him with a rock?! Gale was knocked off the man with a single punch, a severe throbbing rushing to his jaw. His mouth was open lazily as he stood to his feet. The blonde had to shake his head to distract himself from the pain. The intense thrashing sensation coursing through his mouth. Looking at the naked man and watching him shift back, the pessimist commented with a enraged glare,"Well I am starting to get hungry too." He leaped into the air, aiming at the Zeltivan.

Gripping the knife firmly once again, his eyes locked onto it's chest. Wasn't exactly the most protected spot while bounding through the air, was it? He didn't have time to decide whether he should move out of the way or not, so instead, he pulled a leg behind him as he leaned forward, hoping that would give him more resistance or strength when the petching vagik landed. Whether it would do much or not, he wasn't sure. But nevertheless, it was too late now. The Kelvic made contact, but Gale also swung his eating knife up to it's chest. At least he hoped he did. Hit something important. The heart, lungs, even the stomach, anything! Anything to at least slow this monster down.

As the two fell down the rest of the way to the ground, that was Gale's prayer.
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

I Hate Dogs

Postby Abstract on August 27th, 2013, 12:40 pm

Gale's knife didn't exactly land on the creature's chest, though it was aimed there. Instead, it slid off the Kelvic's bulky middle and into his armpit, stabbing deep into the soft flesh there. The dog whined at the pain, and continued to soar over the artist's head, since he'd aimed for a higher target. Still, his hind feet caught on the man's head and sent it crashing to the ground, the claws adding a few scratches to Gale's face.

It tumbled ungraciously to the ground, and when it rose- the blond could see he'd done some decent damage. The knife had sliced a few critical tendons in the canine's foreleg, rendering it mostly useless. The Kelvic limped forward, lips brought back in a snarl, as it planned its next attack. Within moments, it darted forward (though not as fast as normal) and attempted to bite Gale's thigh, like it had Kendhl. However, it was slightly weaker from pain, and though the teeth would sink deep into the flesh there, they wouldn't reach or affect the sturdy bone.

Gale could easily push the thing away before or after the attack by either kicking its injured leg, or stabbing it in a weak area on its head. That would cause it to retreat backwards, whining in pain even more.
x
Abstract

Office
Scrapbook

I Hate Dogs

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on August 27th, 2013, 3:21 pm

Common Vani Nari

The hind legs of the monster hit his face on the way down and Gale fell back, smashing into the ground. He instantly tried to stand to his feet, however, stumbled a bit while doing so. Looking ahead of him, the trees twirled around each other like dancers on a stage. The ground seemed to move like the ocean under his feet, causing him to stumble once more. Must have hit his head on the ground pretty decently.

The artist turned around to face the Kelvic but the dark form seemed to have divided into two. They charged and took hold of his thigh. Gale let out another holler of pain, then attempted to drive the eating knife threw it's muzzle. Though, the blade was sticky and smothered in blood, and slid in his hand too much to get through anything that hard. He tried again, but this time slashing at the leg again. The Zeltivan tried the good leg first, think if he got it well enough, he wouldn't be able to use either of it's front legs. But the slipping and sliding the knife was doing didn't assure him he was doing a good job.

"LET GO YOU PETCHING VAGIK!!!" The pessimist screamed, both from pain and anger. If it did decide to let go, Gale would fall on the ground due to the dizziness the still loomed in his vision and the siring pain in his leg. If it didn't he would switch to the weak leg, seeing that attacking the strong one wasn't working.

The entire time, the only thought unrelated to stabbing, running, and defending was the same questions he had before. Why, why, why? Why did this happen? Why did the gods let this happen? Why did Kendhl have to die? Why won't this damn dog die!? Just die!!
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

PreviousNext