[Ironworks] A Daily Interruption [Complete]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Ironworks] A Daily Interruption (Ora, Open)

Postby Rhuryc on July 26th, 2010, 11:18 pm

Rhuryc kept the hammer at his side as Ora spoke for fear that the sound would block her out. A Konti? He had seen a few, sure, Syliras was home to all sorts of diversity, but he had never actually spoken to one. A mild exhilaration welded up inside, a unique feeling the young man had whenever he experienced something new. For a moment he allowed for his gaze to linger on the woman, seeing her in some new light. And not just the flickering image from the forge.

"More the words. Your common is too proper to fit the streets." He he raised the hammer into the air once more and brought it down, albeit this time he went about the process with a slowed pace, allowing for snippets of conversation in between the hammer falls. "And no. Never been very from the city. Farthest was the falls up north of here." Always a subject of dismay, Rhuryc contemplated leaving every morning. With all there was in the world his life here seemed far too simple. And boring.

"Sounds like one hell of a place, though." Clang. Sparks flew up past the man's face as the hammer struck the molten iron. He did not seem to mind, though, continuing with the drawing as if nothing had happened. "What's it like?"
Rhuryc
Honorific

Words: 466305
Joined roleplay: July 21st, 2010, 7:22 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Ora Sa'vina on July 27th, 2010, 12:28 am

Ora continued to play with the water, her eyes watching the fluid move between her fingers. She soon realized Rhuryc's hammer had halted its barrage of noise, with that realization her eyes moved towards Rhuryc. She smiled at him and nodded slowly. "That is true, I still have trouble sometimes understanding others who are fluent in this tongue." She watched him hammer at the iron and continue to talk in rhythm to the hammer falls. "Falls? Do you mean waterfalls? How far north are they? Would it be safe to travel to them alone?" As Ora spoke her voice sounded different, louder, excited.

Her ideas of possible waterfalls was pushed out of focus in order to answer the kind blacksmiths questions. "It is quite the place... It is simply breath taking. Where I lived was along the shore in a small cottage," Her eyes seemed to glimmer for a moment before they closed. "There was never much noise, it was peaceful, relaxing. I was able to swim whenever I pleased. My fellow sisters and mothers were always watching out for each other. The island was beautiful, in the winter everything turns a bright white with snow..." She opened her eyes again and smiled, looking back down at the water. "In the Isle is the Silver Lake... It is also known as the lake of visions." A small sigh escaped her lips before her gaze moved to the back of Rhuryc. "Honestly, the best way to understand it is to see it, no matter how long I talk about it I will never serve my Isle justice through my words."
Ora Sa'vina
Player

Words: 157067
Joined roleplay: July 22nd, 2010, 2:18 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Rhuryc on July 27th, 2010, 2:15 am

Huh. Rhuryc turned his gaze on the woman. She had a strange way about her, almost as if she spoke in pictures rather than words. The lake of visions? The largest body of water he had ever seen was the pools of the falls themselves, a splendid little collection, but nothing that warranted that much of an area. Though he was sure the spectacle was astounding on its own Ora's words were nonetheless spectacular. Such a scene would be something to behold and, as usual, Rhuryc found himself musing at the idea of skipping town. Maybe he'd just head east.

"The sunset falls." He returned to his hammering. At this point in the process he had shifted the wrought piece of iron to the horn of his anvil and went about bending it at the center. The noise was less as he applied less pressure to the center. "They're a day's ride north of here. Two or three if you walk. I can't promise it would be anything like your home - even that far out, you can still see the plumes of smoke from the 'Works, here." Only just recently Rhuryc had visited, his peculiar encounter with the semi-divine not yet wiped from his thoughts.

"If you'd like I could take you. If you trust me that is. I guess we have already gotten past the intimate part, though." Rhuryc withheld his laughter at the prospect and he kept his eyes down for fear of making Ora uncomfortable. That strange way about her - and the fact that she had not mentioned brothers - was enough to humble any sort. Even one such as he.
Rhuryc
Honorific

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Ora Sa'vina on July 27th, 2010, 2:43 am

The idea of traveling with a man, let alone being with one in a more-or-less private manner seemed terrifying to Ora. Her whole life was under the care of women, she had only seen glimpses of visiting men while she lived on the isle. Ora could feel her cheeks and ears burn red, she hoped the forges warm glow would hide her emotional skin.

The young woman remembered something her mother had told her when she was nearing her adult age: "Ora, men are funny things, trust them, for they can and likely will save you, but we are not like normal women, we can see how they feel, we can see their past, their future. Some of the things men think of... Are... Less than appealing." Ora had never been sure of what her mother had meant by that, though she did know it was solid knowledge she would not soon forget.

Ora watched him work the iron into shape on the anvil, to the violet eyes all she could tell was he was hammering a piece of metal on another larger piece of metal, with a smaller piece of metal doing the hammering. Her hand had stopped moving in the cask of water as she thought for a moment. "It sounds lovely, even if you can still see the plumes, a break from the city would be enjoyable," Her eyes shifted to his face, the edges of her mouth curled slightly. "But, before I decide to go with you or not, I think we should wait till you are done with work here tonight, or another day, whenever works for you, then go and have a proper conversation. Does that sound like a reasonable deal?"

Ora prayed to the Goddess Avalis for a quick moment, thanking her for the gift she had been graced. If Rhuryc were to agree, she would learn his past and with that she would have an idea of his morals, then his future and with that motives. From those things she would be able to tellwhether or not she would see him as trustworthy. Of course, Ora herself already trusted him, he could have easily taken her and sold her for a hefty chunk of Mizas. The young Konti could feel he was trustworthy, but the warning of her late mother kept her on her toes.
Ora Sa'vina
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Rhuryc on July 27th, 2010, 2:58 am

The hammering stopped. Not for any pointed moment, but because he had finished that part of the process. The clatter of the tool itself echoed across the smithy as he replaced the brunt object with a sharper one, a chisel meant to shave the excess metal away from the product. The loud clanging was soon replaced by a rhythmic scratch as he began to further shape the iron, attempting to mimic what it was supposed to end as. At this point Rhuryc decided that he hated horse shoes. And horses, for that matter. Silly animals.

"A break, yeah. I suppose." He shrugged, having lived in the center of Syliras for his entire life. The sights, smells, and sounds were all those that he had grown accustom to. Woe be the day that he could not wake to the hustle and bustle of the over-crowded bazaar. "To be honest with you I only came in today because it was so busy. Apparently everyone decided to order their own army all at once." He paused and looked up from his anvil, glancing back over at Ora. The idea of traveling with her was not something he was sure about. She looked frail; how would she fair if some host of bandits assailed their trek? He was no hero, after all.

"That's fair I think. A conversation over an anvil is doesn't count much for civility, eh?" The agreement was finalized with a bob of his head and the affirmation, in his own mind at least, that they would depart on the morrow. Morrow? This girl really did put strange thoughts in his head. "I could meet you by the gates in the morning if you wanted. Might give me some time to clean up and maybe not look so much like an ass."

Rhuryc smiled in Ora's direction, unknowing of what it was he had just gotten himself into.
Rhuryc
Honorific

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Ora Sa'vina on July 27th, 2010, 4:04 am

Ora smiled and let out a small laugh, her fingers removing themselves from the water. "I am sorry. This seems quite... Laborious." It was a silly thing to say, it was obvious from the sweat he had accumulated that he was indeed working hard, or at least working hot. Ora could see a slight worry in his face as he looked at her. Whatever it was that he was thinking or feeling was not a pleasant thought or feeling.

"A conversation at any point, as long as both parties are enjoying it is just as good here as anywhere else. I suppose the heat and hammering are starting to get to me." She smiled warmly at Rhuryc. "It is also getting later and I have yet to visit the temple," Ora took a pair of worn, tan leather gloves from the cord wrapped around her and slipped them over her fingers. "I look forward to seeing you in the morning, Rhuryc, perhaps fifteen chimes after the ninth bell? Would that be satisfactory?"
Ora Sa'vina
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Rhuryc on July 28th, 2010, 12:43 am

Chink. Rhuryc frowned as he stared down at his would-be horseshoe. He was not nearly on the level to be making items like this yet, what in all the hells was his master expecting? He sighed and took the half-finished product and knocked it off the anvil, replacing the chisel with the other tools before he went sorting about for yet another unused block of iron. If he had to do this much longer he was going to use that damn hammer for something else. He did always wonder what a crushed skull looked like.

Drawn from his hushed rage, Rhuryc glanced back over at Ora. "Oh, ah. Yeah. Tenacious. Laborious. Painful?" He shrugged and grabbed his newfound wrought iron with the tongs again. "Right, yeah. Fifteen?" He nodded, distracted as he was, he'd be surprised if he so much as remembered he had a meeting, let alone what the actual time of said joint venture was. "I'll see if I can corner any of the Akalak for you if they come in. Assuming one doesn't pummel me into a heap of blood and pulp I might be able to get some answers."

With that he stuck the mass into the flames again, his attention brought away from the girl as he stared endlessly into the fire. This time, just maybe, he could finish one of these shoes before the night's end.
Rhuryc
Honorific

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Ora Sa'vina on July 28th, 2010, 2:56 am

Ora watched the piece of metal fall, her eyes lingered on the unsatisfactory piece as he began to speak. His words were choppy, his focus seemed to have moved on from conversation to something else. Concern pumped through the young woman as she feared she had upset him in some way.

"Yes, fifteenth chime after the 9th bell. By the gate." She said calmly, moving towards the door she had entered through not terribly long ago. "Please do not venture into harms way for me," her eyes watched him, almost sadly. "I will leave the blade here in case. Please watch is closely, it means a great deal to me." Ora set the blade down within Rhuryc's field of vision.

"I will see you in the morning, good night Sir Rhuryc." Ora bowed her head slightly as she exited the forge, her legs taking her swiftly back to her current place of stay.
Ora Sa'vina
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Rhuryc on July 28th, 2010, 3:06 am

"Yeah, I'll," Rhuryc stopped as he glanced back. Ora was gone. With a hefty sight he drew the iron out of the fire and moved it to the anvil where he let it stay, his vision set to the shine of the dagger resting just beside his hammer. Gently, he set the tongs down and grasped the weapon's hilt. He raised the blade to his face and examined it with a greater scrutiny than before, somehow drawn to the item as if it were his own.

"I'll meet you there." He finished, as a frown now marred his countenance.
Rhuryc
Honorific

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

[Ironworks] A Daily Interruption [Complete]

Postby Leviathan on July 31st, 2010, 1:54 am

Thread Award!

Rhuryc
Exp +3 Blacksmithing, +1 Seduction, +1 Interrogation
Lore Lore of Konti Culture (Basic)
+1 Lakan (Ora's Heirloom)

Ora Sa'vina
Exp +3 Observation, +1 Seduction, +1 Interrogation, +1 Philosophy
Lore Lore of the Attraction of Partial Nudity
-1 Lakan (Ora's Heirloom)

Additional Comments Nice job guys. If you have any questions or comments about the thread, feel free to PM me and we'll get everything sorted out.
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Previous