Open The Letter

Autumn stumbles upon a letter of dire importance.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

The Letter

Postby Garin Campbell on August 29th, 2013, 1:08 am

Garin still seems to be in shock. As she punched him, a grin formed. Got what he deserved, he did! The dagger going to his throat made his grin widen further. It was all quite entertaining to him, really.

Search him.

"Right."

Garin moved over to the man, now glaring at him, and begins searching him for, and stowing away, the weapons he finds.

"Next time, look before you leap."

He said in a mocking, sagely tone.
Last edited by Garin Campbell on August 29th, 2013, 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Garin Campbell
Backstabber

Words: 7991
Joined roleplay: July 6th, 2013, 8:35 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

The Letter

Postby Autumn Leithea on August 29th, 2013, 5:54 pm

Autumn looked at the sorry excuse for an assassin with outright anger in her eyes. How could somebody be so clueless as to play games with someones life?

She sized up the man instantly knowing he was a fraud, but then something came over her, it was not like her to be so violent and evil as to leave someone with nothing in the heart of such a dangerous city.

"Wait."

She motioned to the man checking the would be assassin to stop and put down her dagger, sheathing it in her belt. There were two of them and only one of him after all, and ironically Autumn could handle herself better without the need of weapons, he wasn't going anywhere.

"So you want to play a game eh?"
Autumn Leithea
Bohemian exuberance! :)

Words: 76525
Joined roleplay: January 30th, 2012, 7:00 am
Character sheet
Plotnotes

The Letter

Postby Arthur Graystone on August 29th, 2013, 7:51 pm

So Arthur won the game that wasn't actually a game but something he thought was a game. So what was his prize? A fist sandwich that knocked him off his feet. Rubbing his face, he said quite blandly, "that prize sucks." But when she pulled out a dagger, Arthur thought he was about to get a free spit shine or something. Instead the knife was held to his throat. So then another idea came to him.

"Oooh, free shave. Too bad I don't have any facial hair. Believe it or not, I do take time to keep hair in check." When she said, check him, though, Arthur started to realize what was happening. So he did the only thing he could do...make puns. "You guys suck at thievery. You're supposed to check the butt crack ya' know. Want me to roll-over so you can stick your hand in there?" Laughing to himself, Arthur felt his daggers being confiscated. Lucky for him, after falling into this situation a hundred times, he actually learned how to hide things.

"You done yet?" Arthur asked when they finally finished. "Right then." Shaking his arm, one of his tiny assasin's dagger slipped out of his sleeve. Under the weight of his gauntlets and his cloak, it would have been hard to find, making his sleeve the perfect defense against thieves. "You also forget the pouch of flash powder in my hood and the money pouch over my crotch. Or did you think this was just how it always looked?" Grinning at his stupid brilliance, Arthur saw that the female was trying to get the guy who actually did the stealing to return everything. Though he stole stuff Arthur didn't actually need, he was still open to getting all his throwing daggers back. He needed those for quick kills.

"Oh you're just givin' my stuff back? Well in that case, no hard feelings." Raising his hand, he let the dagger slip back into his sleeve for next time. "Your bad."
Arthur Graystone
The future King of Thieves

Words: 24397
Joined roleplay: June 9th, 2013, 2:01 pm
Character sheet
Scrapbook

The Letter

Postby Garin Campbell on August 29th, 2013, 8:59 pm

Garin reluctantly hands the weapons back over. He would have loved to sell them; perhaps keep a couple.

This all felt quite odd. First, she put a dagger to his throat. Then she put it down. This woman was quite confusing. He would have to watch her a bit more closely.

On the other hand, this man's demeanor was really getting annoying. The only reason he didn't try to gut the fool was because this woman- who he was already beginning to feel the weight of his debt to- probably wouldn't approve. He decided to settle for a hate-filled glare.

"Now. Mind explaining, other than some idiotic game, why you just tried to kill me?"
Garin Campbell
Backstabber

Character sheet

The Letter

Postby Autumn Leithea on August 29th, 2013, 9:13 pm

"You have a loud mouth don't you? That kind of talk will get you killed. My names Autumn, and I don't needlessly kill. It is not a game to me. You cannot hold peoples' lives with such little weight for any reason. I couldn't let myself take those weapons you're supposed to be using only to defend yourself rather than mindlessly attacking ."

She paused for a moment, and then smiled.

"I have a game for you."
Autumn Leithea

Character sheet
Plotnotes

The Letter

Postby Arthur Graystone on August 30th, 2013, 11:57 am

Taking back his weapons, Arthur stuffed them back in their various pockets and holsters before looking up to see the guy he'd missed glaring at him. Maybe no hard feeling only applied to Arthur. When he heard them ask about why he tried to kill him as a game, Arthur blinked in surprise. That's when he finally put two and two together.

"Wait a minute...So you two weren't playing some game? So then why were you chasing that crazy guy and you chasing her in a crazy chasing line?" Arthur could only see it as a game. That or they were just the worst ninjas ever. "Oh well. And for the record, I wasn't trying to kill you. If you'd seen the throw you would have noticed the hilt was going to hit you. I'm not THAT stupid ya' know."

Speaking of which, Arthur went over to retrieve his fallen dagger. He only had five so he had to reuse them. "And by the way, my name's Arthur. Remember that name 'cus I'm gonna be the King of Thieves someday. And yes I do want to play whatever game you have in mind."
Arthur Graystone

Character sheet
Scrapbook

The Letter

Postby Autumn Leithea on August 30th, 2013, 7:24 pm

"King of thieves eh?" Autumn smiled a warm smile.
"And how do you plan to become such a thing without knowing how to go about carrying weapons of that sort in a stealthy manner? How are you going to prove to a syndicate as to your ability in larceny? How are you going to know how and where to contact somebody within the syndicate?"

She folded her arms.

"I have a game for you, and this goes for you too..." she motioned to the other man. "Whomever can find the person I am looking for, gets his name, and follow him home to tell me where he lives, gets ten gold mizas and a very important gift from myself."

The letter was too much for her to handle, she didn't want to give it away to just anybody, and it seemed like Arthur was very keen on joining a syndicate. The Night Eyes would be glad to introduce him unto some the inner workings of their syndicate for turning the letter over to them, if they didn't kill him for knowing the information first, which is why she had faith that Arthur would find the man, get his name, and follow him home to know where he lived. He could hold back the information on the man if The Night Eyes decided to off him for knowing.

Most likely the man didn't go to Robern empty handed, and most likely he didn't tell anyone that he was carrying a letter that had been stolen, so nobody on Robern's side would ever know such a letter even existed. Only the author would know of the courier's failure, and had to remain in the dark. The Night Eyes would love to question the courier as to the author's identity.

OOCI'll show the contents of the letter when I give it to somebody later on, hopefully Arthur. :)
Last edited by Autumn Leithea on August 30th, 2013, 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Autumn Leithea

Character sheet
Plotnotes

The Letter

Postby Garin Campbell on August 30th, 2013, 7:37 pm

Garin tilts his head slightly, with a skeptical look. He had a vague idea who she was looking for- he saw her following the man, as well. But, still, that wasn't much to go on. However, this 'very important gift' caught his attention, as did the money. Indebted as he felt, he'd undoubtedly seize the opportunity to get it.

Not wasting a minute, Garin begins shoving his way through the crowd in the direction they were headed. Discretion wasn't his strong suit, but he'd just have to learn, then, wouldn't he?

On the way, he occasionally asks someone standing around- a watcher, a thief, he didn't know- about the man, either slipping a coin into their hands or putting a dagger to their throat. Either way, he knew this would be quite a job.
Last edited by Garin Campbell on September 15th, 2013, 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Garin Campbell
Backstabber

Character sheet

The Letter

Postby Arthur Graystone on August 31st, 2013, 3:33 pm

So what if he had no idea exactly how to accomplish his goal? That was the whole point of coming to Sunberth, right…to learn what he could so he knew what he was doing. So maybe finding Autumn and her “friend” wasn’t such a bad thing. She actually knew what challenges Arthur would have to go through. Finding a syndicate to take him in shouldn’t have been too hard. Thanks to some unfortunate events, he knew a little about the Daggerhands and Nighteyes. All he had to do was join one of them. Everything else he could have just figured out later. So when Autumn asked him the questions, he answered, “No idea.”

After that, Autumn started to talk about her mysterious game. Apparently they were supposed to find that guy who Autumn was chasing. The one who located him would win a prize of ten mizas and a special gift. Considering his last gift, Arthur wasn’t too eager to go chasing some guy down. Plus he was 100% sure that if he left he’d never see any of them again. The world was a forest and Arthur was always lost. So instead, he styayed behind while Garin ran off. That’s when something else crossed his mind. ”Wait a minute…What are YOU gonna do?”
Arthur Graystone

Character sheet
Scrapbook

The Letter

Postby Autumn Leithea on September 4th, 2013, 5:49 pm

Autumn wondered...
"Hmm, I think I'll go find that man about now."
She ushered Arthur to get up and bumped him slightly, slipping the letter into his pocket while she did, and smiled.
"Good luck."
Autumn left knowing that they would be okay. She would let the winds decide their fate, knowing that the letter was in the hands of somebody wanting to join a syndicate, though an outward dunce, something told her he was more than meets the eye.

Autumn looked over her shoulder at the would-be assassin,
"He has short brown hair, a brown cloak, and he is of normal stature, and has a black spade tattooed on the left of his neck. I'd check the docks if I were you."

She smiled a kind smile.

"If you get lost, listen to the whispers on the wind."

She turned to leave but then turned around again.

"OH! And I'll meet you here tomorrow between the hours of eleven at night to one in the morning. I'll expect a thief like you to be able to find that mans name and where he lives discreetly. I'll pay you then if you have what I'm looking for. If you don't then good luck on your own."

Autumn then turned and left.
Autumn Leithea

Character sheet
Plotnotes

PreviousNext