Solo [Whitevine Healing Center] Again II

And again

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

[Whitevine Healing Center] Again II

Postby Spirit Frostfawn on August 24th, 2013, 4:38 pm

x
The Whitevine Healing Center
Summer 82nd, 513 AV

Spirit walked back into the healing center, a grin on her face and excitement bubbling inside her. She really couldn’t wait for whatever Sarah had next… ever since the doctor had asked her to come back the day before, the Frostfawn had been bouncing to get going. She wondered if they would be doing something different, or the same thing as yesterday. Really, she didn’t care… both provided a lot to learn and do.

As she entered, Sarah was in plain sight, standing in the foyer talking to another doctor. Despite how impatient she was to get started, the groom still waited patiently for their conversation to finish, in case it was anything important. Anyways, it was rude to interrupt. After only a few ticks of waiting, however, the two broke up and the doctor turned towards her ‘student’. “Oh! Spirit! I’m glad to see you back! Today we’re going to be visiting around the more long-term areas, with people who stay here overnight… that sound good to you?”Her minor rant was only punctured by a much quieter “Hello Sarah!” and a “Sure!” from Spirit. The two set off up the stairs, the younger trailing behind her elder dutifully, almost bouncing to see what came next.

Up a flight or two later, Sarah began to give the Frostfawn a short debrief. “So basically…. I have a few patients to check up on. Some of them need new bandages, medication, and so forth. That’s where you help out! Just basically what we did yesterday. If you want to take charge with it, that’s fine with me!” The young groom nodded, and with a short“Okay” they set off to the first of many rooms. Inside was a nice and sunny room- very similar to the one she’d seen with Ruby last season. There was a single patient lying on the bed, a young man, wrapped up in a thick cocoon of blankets. He was sweating slightly, spots of the stuff dripping down his forehead as he slept. Well… it didn’t actually seem like he was sleeping, considering his eyes were half open and staring blankly at the sheets. Spirit frowned at him, then asked “Fever? It looks like a bad one…”

Sarah nodded at this, and pulled out a small bottle from her pocket. She tossed it to the younger Vantha and stated “Chill Berries”, though it stated the fact quite simply on the bottle. “How many?” she quizzed, grinning, but keeping quiet as to not wake the patient. The Frostfawn frowned and thought at this, glancing at the man’s situation before coming to a conclusion. “Four. It’s bad…”The doctor nodded, and motioned for the girl to wake the Vantha man, so he could eat the berries. Spirit did so, shaking his shoulder till the young man groaned and awakened, staring at her in confusion. “Huh?” he asked, obviously wanting to return to his feverish stupor. “Take these”she replied, showing him the four little orbs in her palm. He seemed to not have the energy to take them in his own hand, so just opened his mouth wide, inviting the groom to drop them in. She sighed and did so, watching as the patient chewed them for a moment, before instantly returning to sleep, his eyes drifting shut.

“I hope that helped” Spirit added as a side note, glancing at the sweat on his forehead. “Should we- I –wipe his forehead? To help him cool down even more?” It was just a proposal, of something else to do to help the feverish man, and Sarah immediately agreed with it. The girl retrieved a cloth and a bowl for the job, but paused, starting into the water for a moment. After a few ticks of decision making, she tapped into her gnosis and focused on the liquid, slowly chilling it- not enough to freeze it- but enough for it to cool the patient down. That done, she dipped her cloth in the water and wiped it along the man’s forehead, carefully pushing the sweat off. She repeated the process several times, dip and wipe, dip and wipe, before finally concluding that this wasn’t going to help any more. She replaced her things, feeling oddly… motherly. She frowned, and turned to find Sarah grinning at her.

“Well, one person down!”she stated happily, moving to do a quick check on the patient herself. “Let’s move onto the next patient!”the doctor finalized, and began marching out of the room, Spirit trailing happily behind.

x

Spirit Frostfawn
Whistle with the Birds

Words: 302388
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2013, 11:53 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Spirit Frostfawn on August 27th, 2013, 12:50 am

x
They moved out and on to the next room, without much conversation. Spirit wondered what the next challenge would be; excited to see the surprise, but hoping she knew how to handle it. Well… if she didn’t, Sarah would always explain it to her. The pair quickly found their next room, and entered it quietly. Inside, the patient’s ailment was even more obvious than before. A woman, middle aged and slightly stocky, sat upright in the bed, a book in hand. She looked up at the visitors and smiled.

“Finally! People! I was about to go crazy with boredom in here… I’ve read this thing twice now.”She lifted up the book, a skinny children’s book, apparently her only entertainment. The doctor grinned and laughed, commenting “You could always get a relative to check out another- longer book from the library for you, you know.” The woman shrugged, and was answered with a short shake of the head. “This is in Common… I’m trying to get better at reading that language. And apparently this is the only book of this level, in this language, that my brother could find… “There was another shrug, and the patient paused, before asking “So, I guess you’re here with my ointment?”The reason she asked this was obvious. Her arms were covered with long scratches, most quite minor and light, but there were a few bandages here and there. A long one just visible at her shoulder indicated a chest wound as well.

Sarah nodded at this, and pulled a small jar out of her pocket, and once again tossed it to the Frostfawn. The girl paused, still curious about why the patient was marked so. “What happened to you anyways?”she asked, trying to stay polite without letting her curiosity show through too much. She perked up when the Vantha woman laughed, and began to compose her story. “Wolves, to put things simply. My husband and I went on a little walk through the Wastes a few days ago- a bad decision, when you think back on it. Out of nowhere came a wolf, and a pretty big one at that, and it leaped straight at me. It did some serious damage while it was on, but luckily my husband was sensible enough to bring his spear, so it got that through the heart…” She grinned, and Spirit mirrored the expression. It was a good story, though it could have been a bit longer, considering. Still, she needed to get to work, rather than waste her time with tales, no matter how entertaining.

She took the ointment and unscrewed the glass top, finding a white cream inside. “Sooo I just dab this on the scratches? What about the bigger wounds?”she asked, glancing back at her tutor for the day. “Unwrap them, clean them, and re-bandage them… though leave the chest wound!”Sarah instructed, sending the young groom off on her task. The girl moved over to their patient and dabbed her finger in the ointment, before wiping it on the first visible scratch. She rubbed it in, before moving on to the next, and then the next. It was a long laborious process, considering the number of wounds on the woman’s arms. It must have hurt like crazy when the wolf attacked. After a few moments of a slightly awkward silence, the patient paused, before starting a conversation.

“Soooo what’s your name? I’m Alacia Iceglaze!”the woman, Alacia asked. “Uhhh Spirit Frostfawn” Spirit replied, slightly surprised at the talking, and zoned out in her work. Still, she realized it was nice (and less awkward) to talk to the patient, rather than just having complete silence. “Well, nice to meet you Spirit! …Hey, if you’re a Frostfawn, what are you doing here? Wouldn’t this be a Whitevine’s job?”Alacia was joking, and both grinned. The groom knew it was quite odd and out of place for a Frostfawn to be this interested in medicine, but she had a valid excuse. “I want to be a Vet. Which means I need to be a better doctor. I think I’ve got the animal part down pat, I just need the healing part.”The Iceglaze woman made an understanding noise, before trying to think up another question to ask.

By then, Spirit was finished the first arm, and moved around the bed to reach the next. She’d used quite a bit of the cream and had made a decent dent, but it was better to put too much on then too little… right? She rubbed the splotch of cream she put on the woman’s arm until it disappeared, watching the white substance sink into the skin. “So… as a Frostfawn, do you have any animals?” Alacia asked, trying to get the conversation started again. “Yep”was the reply, before the young groom gave a little more detail. “I have a horse… Silver. She’s a Windrunner. I also have a Zypherian sled dog named Wind, a Kalean spicecoat called Apple, and a Luvanor grassland hunter named Fog… and Fog’s pregnant! So yea… a lot of animals.” The girl giggled, realizing it really was quite the list. She had four companions at the moment, and who knew how many puppies would come… though she was going to sell most. Sad, yes, but necessary, because she wouldn’t be able to care for more than two or three, at best. The patient blinked at the answer, obviously surprised. “That IS a lot… you must be into dogs! And puppies! When do you think they’ll come?” Alacia seemed quite pleased with the conversation, friendly and interested. She was looking at the top of the younger Vantha’s head, since it was bowed to get a better look at the patient’s wounds. “Uhhh late this Summer, or maybe early Fall… if all goes well”Spirit muttered before leaning back, pleased with herself. “Well! That’s all the ointment done!” She then moved off to begin the next step, with the larger wounds.
x

Spirit Frostfawn
Whistle with the Birds

Words: 302388
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2013, 11:53 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Ablation on March 1st, 2014, 3:18 am

Spirit :
Experience:
Medicine +3
Leadership +1
Socialization +2

Notes:
Patient: Bedside Manner
Cooling a Patient: Cold Water Rag

Please don't be afraid to PM me with any questions ^-^ and please don't forget to remove your grading request from the list to keep My office spick and span.
Ablation
Retired Staff

Words: 276726
Joined roleplay: January 14th, 2014, 9:22 pm
Race: Staff account
Office