Completed Rescue Mission (Seryk)

Savio and Seryk go into the Warfields to save a child

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Known as the Celestial Seat, Nyka is a religious city in Northern Sylira. Ruled by four demigods and traversed by a large crevice, the monk-city is both mystical and dangerous. [Lore]

Rescue Mission (Seryk)

Postby Savio on August 25th, 2013, 6:55 pm

39th of Summer, 513AV

Savio stepped out of the crowded Employment Office and back into the bright Nykan sunlight. He and Seryk had just gotten the information they needed to do a small job in the Warfields. There was a child lost out there, and somehow the pair of them was going to find him.

Savio squinted his grey eyes and held up his hand to shield them from the blinding light so that his eyes could adjust properly. He glanced over at his new friend, the incredibly short Drykas, Seryk and gave a small smile.

“So I guess we are going to see this Franjo Franjic fellow before heading to the maze. Another person who knows the Warfields can be helpful so we don’t get lost.” The large Monk had informed them that Franjo was going to help them in their little mission. But something seemed a little strange about the monk. Savio couldn’t quite put his finger on it, but something was defiantly off. Or perhaps he was just paranoid and distrustful of North Quarter monks, which seemed more logical.

“Ready?” Savio asked Seryk.

Last edited by Savio on October 6th, 2013, 9:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Thoughts""Speech""NPC"

Threads: 2/5
Grandfathered Threads To Complete: 6

Signature by Edreina
Savio
If there is no struggle, there is no progress

Words: 200123
Joined roleplay: June 9th, 2013, 11:58 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Artist (1)

Rescue Mission (Seryk)

Postby Seryk on August 26th, 2013, 7:44 pm

Seryk followed savio out of the employment office. His mood slightly down as he was worrying about the lost child. He had heard of wild animals wandering in the maze at times and that they were left inside to keep the ones training there on their toes. He knew what was lurking outside those walls, he couldn't imagine how scared that kid would have to be.

"It's as good a start as any. The monk didn't say where in the northern quarter he was. So I hope the guy is pretty well known and easily found." Seryk replied quickly. At the question if he was ready he nodded. "I got my spear, I have my sword and I got my armor on. So I'm ready. how about you? I don't see any weapons on you."
Seryk
Player

Words: 14497
Joined roleplay: July 19th, 2013, 8:44 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet

Rescue Mission (Seryk)

Postby Savio on August 27th, 2013, 1:04 am

“It shouldn’t be too hard to find him.” Savio said absentmindedly as they started walking toward the Northern Quarter. When Seryk asked about Savio’s equipment, the young acrobat flashed a sheepish grin at the smaller man.

“I don’t have armor or many weapons. But I do have my dagger and my fists, and my speed.” Savio motioned to the dagger that was attached to his belt that held up his baggy black pants. He dressed as he normally did; his loose white tunic shirt, his pants, and his knee high leather boots. He dressed for flexibility and comfort most of the time. When you ran for hours at a time, in the hot sun, you did not want to wear heavy or constrictive clothing.

He also had his messenger bag that held a few necessities like rope, a few rations, and his water bag. He was not a warrior like Seryk clearly was; he was made for more of an indirect approach to combat.

As they continued to walk the narrow streets of Nyka and crossed the Bridge of the Dead that lead into the Northern Quarter, Savio’s mind wondered to the child. How did the child manage to get in there? He knew that the Warfields were closely guarded by monks to make sure something like that didn’t happen. The monks of Uphis were a hard and battle ready bunch but they were not heartless nor were they stupid. The child must have snuck in there in a foolish act of bravery. The kid’s mother must be worried sick. He knew if that was him, his mother would have to be held down by most of the monks in the quarter because she would have charged right in after him.

Gah, homesickness was striking again. Savio shook his head to manually clear his thoughts before looking over at his friend. He seemed bothered by the child’s predicament as well.

“Do you have any younger siblings, Seryk?” Savio found himself asking. He couldn’t remember if the smaller man had said so yesterday or not.

Last edited by Savio on August 31st, 2013, 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Thoughts""Speech""NPC"

Signature by Edreina
Savio

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Artist (1)

Rescue Mission (Seryk)

Postby Seryk on August 27th, 2013, 4:06 pm

"Lets surely hope so." He said as he followed savio towards the northern destrict, trusting the man's sense of direction and feel for the city over his own. He was the one running around the city for the entire day's. When Savio told him he didn't wear armor or heavy weapons and just focused on light weapons and his own speed he was fairly worried for savio's safety.

"Well, I hope for you that speed will be enough to stay out of harms way. I think it would be safer to let me take point though and let you try and get around whatever we are up against in the maze then." He offered a tactic. he thought that with the reach of his longsword and spear he would be the best bet to keep enemies occupied while he tried to get behind them. "I don't think either of us wants to see you get carved up by a guy who is swinging around a sword or something else that's sharp."

Seryk wasn't surprised by Savio's following question. That small child was still on both their minds afterall. "No I'm an only child. We were a small family, it was only me, my father, my mother and my grandfather." he replied as they were crossing the bridge of the dead. unconsciously staying as far away from the side of the bridge as he could. "How about you? You got any siblings?" When they arrived at the northern quarter. He turned to savio. "So, the guy was called franjo franjic right? Lets ask around to see where the guy is." He walked towards the first person who looked as if he was a resident from the northern quarter. "Excuse me sir. Me and my friend are looking for a guy called franjo franjic."
Seryk
Player

Character sheet

Rescue Mission (Seryk)

Postby Savio on August 29th, 2013, 1:10 pm

Savio could see the concern in his friend’s eyes when the acrobat had revealed that he was virtually defenseless. Savio was also nervous but there wasn’t enough time for him to go get armor, and the only weapons that could be bought in the city were daggers and he was in no way good enough to use two daggers at once. He hid his doubt the best he could though, so not to worry Seryk.

“Don’t worry too much about me. It just means I have to be extra careful and a little bit creative.” Savio said in a carefree tone to mask his inner thoughts.

When Seryk answered Savio’s question, he nodded his head thoughtfully. They seemed to share another trait. “My mother was early in her pregnancy when I left for Nyka. When I go back to visit in a few seasons, I hope to be able to meet a healthy little brother or sister.”

In the mists of their conversation, they had managed to travel from the celestial quarter and into the Northern Quarter. Unfortunately, Savio had never heard of a man called Franjo Franjic. He had never had to deliver to anyone by that name. Seryk brought up a good idea on asking for the man and proceeded to do so while Savio wondered a short ways to ask another man if he had heard of the person they were searching for.

"Thoughts""Speech""NPC"

Signature by Edreina
Savio

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Artist (1)

Rescue Mission (Seryk)

Postby Abstract on August 31st, 2013, 4:07 pm

Luckily, one of the men they spoke to seemed to know the monk. "Franjo? Yea, I know him. Spends a lot of time in the Warfields. Today.... I think he should be wandering somewhere near the entrance to that place. Check there if you're lookin" The Nykan shrugged and returned to his business, not really thinking too much on the situation.

If they headed to the Warfields, they would, in fact, find their quarry, leaning against one of the walls staring out into the city. He would watch them as the pair approached, though would say nothing unless spoken to.

OOCI'm sorry for the short/late reply guys!
Abstract
In a roundabout way... everything is me

Words: 382975
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2013, 4:06 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (2)

Rescue Mission (Seryk)

Postby Seryk on August 31st, 2013, 5:02 pm

"Okay, thanks for the info." seryk thanked the man who gave them the info and then headed towards the warfields.

When they arrived, only a single man was around the entrance to the warfields. "Hey, are you Franjo?" He didn't wait for any confirmation from the man. "Me and my friend here have been send out to get a child out of the warfields. One of the monks behind the desk told us to talk to you. Said that you could help us out with finding the kid." Seryk didn't bother to hide the concern he felt for the kid. "So, how can you help us with that?" Seryk was slighty curious on that front. No doubt that the guy was one of the monks who patrolled the maze. So maybe they knew it's layout. Maybe he knew of the last location of the kid. After he said that he just waited for the monks reply though. Letting savio add something to the conversation if he wanted.
Seryk
Player

Character sheet

Rescue Mission (Seryk)

Postby Savio on August 31st, 2013, 6:42 pm

Savio heard the man inform Seryk where to find Franjo, there was a determination in the young Drykas male as he rushed off in the direction of the Warfields without even waiting for Savio, granted he wasn’t that hard to catch up to.

The look in his eyes was slightly endearing, though. The man really cared for the child’s safety. Savio did too, but Seryk was ready to charge in by himself without help. It would have been rather comical had the situation not been so dire.

In a short matter of time, the two of them finally reached the outer gates of the maze to find a man leaning against the wall. He seemed bored, which seemed rather odd to Savio. Wouldn’t he be more concerned about finding the kid? Savio kept his face smooth and his thoughts to himself.

Seryk instantly approached the man, taking the initiative and informing him that they were there to assist in finding the lost boy. Once the over eager Drykas finished, Savio stepped forward and spoke with a slower and calmer voice. “Who was last to see the boy? Is there a description of how he looks?” Savio then looked up to the training maze, wondering what could have caused the boy to go rushing into there. “Is he from a Nykan family?” Savio finally finished. If the boy and his family were foreign, that would be a bit more logical. But if not, what would cause a Nykan child to go into the Warfields when he would knew very well how dangerous it was.

"Thoughts""Speech""NPC"

Signature by Edreina
Savio

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Artist (1)

Rescue Mission (Seryk)

Postby Abstract on September 1st, 2013, 12:49 pm

The monk nodded wordlessly to the first question, though vocalized to answer the second. "I heard you were coming. And that's the reason I'm here- to help you find the kid" He stated the last as if was a completely obvious question, almost mocking really. He eyed Savio as the man stepped forward, and grunted at the question.

"His parents were the last. He's short, maybe 9 or 10, with short and messy black hair. Yes he's Nykan" He paused, arms crossed casually before continuing. "That all your questions? Let's go." He rose and turned, striding confidently into the Warfields. He didn't check behind to see if the pair was following, at first at least, but paused at the first turn, a T-junction. "Both these lead to a different side of the Warfields, but they connect later on. Still, your choice which way to go." He raised and eyebrow and returned to his resting on the wall, both the Kopeshes at his belt clanging against the stone.
x
Abstract
In a roundabout way... everything is me

Words: 382975
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2013, 4:06 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (2)

Rescue Mission (Seryk)

Postby Seryk on September 6th, 2013, 12:18 pm

Seryk ignored the mocking tone from the monk. Just happy at the fact that a nykian monk was actually on their side. At least they wouldn't get themselves lost while trying to rescue the kid. That would be a story nobody would forget in nyka. Two idiot outsiders getting lost in the warfields while trying to find a kid.

Seryk had a few other questions, like why the kid decided to go inside the warfields and if they had a general idea of were they were going to find the kid. But decided against speaking up. He guessed that the man didn't know the answer to those questions anyway and he didn't seem like a guy who would enjoy answering stupid questions.
"I don't have anymore questions." the short man just said, gripping his spear a bit tighter as he walked inside the maze. Staying just a meter or two away from the franjo.

When they came to the T-junction Seryk gave a look down both corridors. Neither of them looked more or less safe then the other. So Seryk just fished out a laat out of his pocket and flipped it. If was heads they would go to the right, if tails to the left. The coin landed tail's side up. "Well luck has decided. Lets go to the left." Seryk said as he shoved the laat back into his pocket and walked into the left corridor. Keeping his eyes and ears open.
Seryk
Player

Character sheet

Next