Closed [Glistering Geysers] The Man In The Mist (Aider)

While journeying from Syliras to Ravok, Kaie runs into a very unique man of a city hated by her kin.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

[Glistering Geysers] The Man In The Mist (Aider)

Postby Kaie on September 7th, 2013, 2:00 am

Kaie rolled her eyes goodnaturedly at the Nykan after him comment, not being able to help the coy smile that played across her lips. Of course she had only been kidding before, but she was never one to flat out call herself anything that good. In her world, there was no such thing as being the best. Around every corner laid the enemy that was able to best one at something. All she could be was better. It might've appeared humble, but it was a vicious cycle of training to back it up. Just because one warrior could never accept being the best, didn't mean said warrior wasn't always brutally trained to be better. Instead of agreeing with him like some arrogant child, she smiled down at her feet.

When she looked up again she could see he was distant. His eyes were glazed over and she knew he was not there with her for a moment. Was he searching for the future? Was he stuck in the past? The Myrian was clueless as to where the thoughtful man had disappeared to, but then his eyes were on hers. And all seemed right again. He seemed to be looking at her. Just looking and thinking. It almost made her self conscious. Her mind raced as she stared back at him, not being able to help the slight tilt of her head. What was he thinking?

"You want the truth...? I probably would," She admitted with a smile and a shrug of her shoulders. The more he seemed to be so honest and just real with her, the more she almost felt able to shove his home aside. When Kaie took away the Nyka from Aider she found he was actually potentially good company. Something she was much in need of. Of all the people she could've stumbled upon in the forests, she was glad it was him.

Kaie
Player

Words: 1635197
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2013, 3:13 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Aider Silander on September 10th, 2013, 12:02 am

Aider returned her smile with one of his own. To be truthful he wasn't expecting an honest answer much less a yes. He cracked his knuckles as he pushed himself off of the ground. He looked her in the eyes and said
"Its getting late. You probably want to get back to your camp, and I should be making my way back home." He turned his head, looking towards Nyka. Part of him just wanted to walk away, go somewhere else. But he knew he wouldn't make it, at least not for long. Even coming out here was a dangerous trip, but he was glad he made it. If he didn't he would have never run into such a beautiful woman of a race he was interested in learning more about. He sighed as he reached down for his bow, a few thoughts crossing his mind. Some of which would probably get him killed. He chuckled and looked back at her, "well I guess this is goodbye for now. Maybe we'll meet again somewhere" he said with a smile. He held out his hand for her to shake, as a hopeful sign of friendship. Or at least them standing on equal ground.

Hey all, just wanted to say I am sorry for any delays and failed promises. I am getting ready for a huge trip out of the country as well as taking on a lot of extra shifts at work. The creative side of my brain hasn't been active as of late.
Aider Silander
She has my heart on the end of her blade.

Words: 170163
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2013, 4:03 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Kaie on September 11th, 2013, 11:15 pm

The Myrian woman returned his smile with her own mischievous grin. In return to his observation, she simply shrugged carelessly. Fading light was never something she feared, for though the wilderness was dangerous, it was no less perilous than her jungle home. She had simply traded one set of dangers for another. At least this far she didn't have to worry about the always waging war between Dhani and Myrian. Oddly enough, it was one she was beginning to miss. The thought brought on a bit of nostalgia she left confined to the cage that was her mind. Instead, she watched the man look back in the direction of his wretched city. Kaie almost wondered if she should tell him not to go back. To stay with her even for just a little while more.

Bold brown eyes glittered in the odd light created by Syna's fading rays in the mist. Bronzed hands shifted the spear at her side, fingers flexing and relaxing around the shaft. Perhaps her sudden attention to her own weapon was an instinctual reaction to him picking up his. Nonetheless, she didn't seem hostile regardless. For now she simply watched the man who she was surprised she hadn't come to loathe. Who knew she might have a soft spot for a petching citizen of Nyka?

"Maybe, Aider Silander," Kaie replied with added slow emphasis on his given name, like she was savoring the taste of it on her tongue before they departed. Then she stepped forth at the sign of his friendship. Hand extended, she took his and shook it soundly. Spear lowered away from him of course.

"Try not to shoot your eye out, Nykan," She warned him as she released her hold and began to back away, letting the venom on the last word appear more like friendly mocking. Then without further ado, she turned from the man. Feet moved along the earth smoothly. Her spear hung loosely in her hand at her side as she navigated away from the man. Hearing the crunching of his feet on the foliage, she knew he was doing the same. Heading back to a domain she'd never be able to enter. Though despite her tough exterior she couldn't help what she did next.

The savage turned to look over her shoulder behind her. Eyes staring at the place they'd just met watching his figure slowly fade to a silhouette. Her bare feet adjusted their position until she had half her body facing the direction he was, as if debating to return. She was rooted in place. Just watching him walk from her life. A ghost in the grand scheme of things, and one she may never see again. Still she could not advert her eyes. Just a shadow now and becoming more obscure with each foot step, her body leaned forward. And she couldn't help but wonder if she should let him go that easily. To let the mist swallow him whole like some great abyss.

The Myrian turned then back from whence she came. Intense, survivalist back rather than the practiced civilized mask she wore, Kaie moved back through the trees. Within a moment or so, the savage was gone. And as the mist rose around with each burst from the geysers, one would wonder if she had ever been there at all.

Kaie
Player

Words: 1635197
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2013, 3:13 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Meville Brightshade on October 28th, 2013, 5:06 pm

Goodies!

Name:Kaie
Experience gained:
  • Observation + 2
  • Tracking + 1
  • Stealth + 1
  • Intimidation + 1
  • Socialization + 2
Lores earned:
  • Nyka: Too Embellished
  • Myrian Pride
  • Aider: Intelligent Barbarian
  • Aider: Does Not Worship Uphis
  • Aider: Not Bad Looking
  • Nykans: Probably Not Pleasant
  • Only Better, Never Best
  • Aider: Potential Traveling Companion
  • Aider: Innocent

Notes: :
Lovely! You have a good balance between description and action, as well as a talent for portraying Kaie's beautiful savagery and poise. Do remember your Common is only conversational. You might want to break up her speech a little bit, maybe throw in grammatical errors. You did through in a struggle for vocabulary, but I'd suggest a little bit more to avoid playing too high above your level. :) Other than that though, I got a great feel for your travelling Myrian! I look forward to seeing more from you!
  • Socialization + 2
  • Observation + 1
Lores earned:
  • Kaie: Beautiful Potential Companion
  • Myrian Lore: Basic
  • Creature: Myrian Tiger
  • Socialization Technique: Keeping Cool
  • Uphis: Rejected

Final Comments: :
Overall, it was a good read and a touching little moment between the two of them. I really hope you get to meet up again later (or sooner) so I can see where this relationship might go! Good work, you two, keep it up!

Questions, concerns, or comments? Just send me a PM with "Grade" somewhere in the subject, and we'll chat it out!

Meville Brightshade
Player

Words: 287257
Joined roleplay: June 4th, 2013, 3:35 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous