Completed [Rearing Stallion] Some convincing

Can you convince an introvert?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Rearing Stallion] Some convincing

Postby Tallen on August 25th, 2013, 11:29 pm

Tallen
Summer, 513

Tallen sits within the tavern, alone and away from the fireplace as usual. She hasn't ordered anything, so the table in front of her only holds the dim lantern. From that dim light a halo of smoke is visible around her head. The culprit, a pipe with burning tobacco, hangs from her lips lazily. She took up this horrible habit on a whim. Instead of nearly vomiting the first time smoke engulfed her lungs, she enjoyed the warmth and the slight calm it gave her. The fumes of the forges must have gotten to her first.

Her ears are open as always, she hears parts of the conversation from the table beside her. Ramblings of a duo who aren't satisfied with the laws. They seem to think the Knights need to be more strict. Hearing this causes the corners of mouth raise slightly, a rare occurrence.

She inhales deeply, the glow of the pipe showing in her eyes. She liked the sight of the mound brightening and dimming. She exhales through her nose the cloud around her growing heavy.
Last edited by Tallen on September 1st, 2013, 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tallen
Listener

Words: 9779
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2013, 5:05 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Sei Tendo on August 26th, 2013, 12:23 pm

Sei Tendo
77th of Summer, 513AV

Sei walked into the Rearing Stallion. He was exhausted. He walked through the doors, and noticed a woman sitting to herself. He decided not to sit with her, but before he sat down he spoke. "Would it be alright if I sat here?" He asked, taking a seat on the opposite side of the table. He gave her a slight bow and called the waitress to the table. "Ale please," He began, then he looked over at the woman and corrected himself. "Two ales please." The waitress nodded and walked away from the table.

"Sorry. You were so quiet I'd forgotten you were there." Sei said with a kind smile. "I'm guessing this is your first time here, seeing as I haven't seen you before. Am I correct?" He asked politely.
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Words: 228595
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2013, 7:33 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Tallen on August 26th, 2013, 4:40 pm

As this person approaches her table she they just ignore her. But he doesn't, he asks to sit down. Instead of an answer her cold stare locks onto him. Then he orders ale, he's not going to go away because of a stare. She exhales a cloud of smoke with a sigh, so much for her quiet time. She looks to the table beside theirs, the older men are rambling a little louder.

"I come here often." She says, her voice hoarse from the damage smoking has done.

She would come often, and just as she did today she would distance herself. She liked being alone, it made listening easier. On the few occasions she engaged others, she would have them tell her about them. Her eyes go back to the table beside them. She shushes the man who interrupted her pointing to her ear with the pipe whispering quietly. Listen.
Tallen
Listener

Character sheet

Postby Sei Tendo on August 26th, 2013, 7:27 pm

Sei Tendo

The waitress returns with the ale and sets them on the table. Sei pushed an ale to the woman and takes a sip. As always, the ale was refreshing, and when the woman spoke her voice was hoarse. "I see. I guess I've been overlooking you." He said, before she hushed him and told him to listen. He looked around and alerted his ears. "To what?" He whispered.
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Tallen on August 26th, 2013, 10:31 pm

She turns her gaze to the ale then to the man. She leaves the ale alone and inhales deeply from the pipe. She answers as she exhales another large cloud.

"Everything." She says. "Everything makes a noise, every noise has a source."

She pushes the ale away with her pipe then motions with her eyes to the men beside them.

"They have had a lot to drink and seem to believe the Knights should be more strict." She spoke low so the men didn't hear her, even if any words she spoke would be drowned in their ramblings.
Tallen
Listener

Character sheet

Postby Sei Tendo on August 27th, 2013, 12:34 pm

Sei Tendo

The woman looked at the ale, and then turned to Sei. Her response earned her a quizzical look from him. She then spoke to him in a low voice, so the men she was listening to didn't here her. "Why?" He asked, keeping his voice low as well. This woman was obviously introverted, and he knew this because of her actions. She had pushed the ale away with her pipe. He took a long swig of his ale, set down the cup, and spoke low. "What's so important abot that?" He asked.
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Tallen on August 27th, 2013, 2:33 pm

She has gone through this exact type of conversation many times. She never understood their confusion to her words. It was simple and obvious, at least to her. She give a slight annoyed groan.

"From their slurred words you can tell they are drunk, from their confidence you can tell they are passionate about what they say even when sober." She says.

Another inhale and another cloud of smoke. She wondered how long this was going to continue, usually people have called her insane and walked away.

"It's useful for hunting, listening for the animals movements or their calls." She says, her pipe tapping lightly against the table.
Tallen
Listener

Character sheet

Postby Sei Tendo on August 27th, 2013, 2:41 pm

Sei Tendo

"Ah, but of course," He began in a light voice. "The movement depends on the animal." Sei took another swig of ale, and sat down his mug. "So your a hunter." He stated it as more of an answer. "Then perhaps we could hunt together sometime." He said kindly. He had only hunted in a pair once, and trying again was a must. "But even a sober man is drunk, but only in his own way." He commented. He had now started to drink more ale.

"What's your hunting tool?" He asked.
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Tallen on August 27th, 2013, 3:09 pm

He isn't gone, her jaw clenched slightly and she lets out a sigh. She shakes her head at his words. She isn't a hunter, she can barely hold the weapon her father gave her. She didn't have the build for it either, she would make more noise than is needed.

"I'm a smith." She said.

Hunting tool? Like a bow? She would end up shooting herself in the foot if she tried using one.

"If I had a hunting tool, it would simply be my listening." She said, hoping that answered his question.
Tallen
Listener

Character sheet

Postby Sei Tendo on August 27th, 2013, 3:18 pm

Sei Tendo

"If your a weaponsmith, maybe you could help me," Sei began. He licked his lips and continued. "I want to learn how to use a sword, but I don't have a blade." He figured she'd know what the question was, but he continued to speak anyway. "Do you use ANY weapon?" He asked curiously. She had to use something. Before she dould respond he spoke. "Oh, forgive me! My name is Sei. And who might you be?" He asked.
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Next