[Pig's Foot Tavern] A fight for sore eyes (closed)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

[Pig's Foot Tavern] A fight for sore eyes (open)

Postby Book__wyrm on August 13th, 2010, 12:31 am

Hive of scum and villainy or no, the people here had achieved a sort of status quo. "Do not bother me unless it's fun, or I'll bother your teeth with my fist." Harassing a woman was fun, for the most part. A large man yelling at the bartender was not. The few glares that Keorvic noticed were from those too lazy or scared to make a bigger deal of it. Knuckles were cracked, and eyes narrowed as he turned back to his table. One or two weapons were half drawn, and one man looked as if he might stand up. The bartender, for his part, was glaring at each and every one of those with weapons. "Go on." His eyes seemed to be saying. "Go on and beat him up. I'll laugh, then charge you all for repairs." For a single moment, the tension was so thick you could cut it with any one of the weapons in the room (even the spiked club the bartender was gripping.). Those holding weapons hesitated, then sheathed them. It wasn't worth loosing money for. The man who had made to stood up, on the other hand, did so, and looked around the room for support. This was Vincent Storm, more commonly known as Vinny Whirlwind. He sat back down when no one met his eye, and scowled at them all.

For a few minutes, it seemed that the trio would be able to leave here without a scene. Unfortunately, they made two big mistakes. The first was letting a small, weak looking man order alone. The second, more serious one, was ordering only water. The glares started again, and once again weapons were drawn. Vinny stood, and this time, two men stood with him. Approaching the small man, they grabbed him by the collar right after he sat. "Hey, woss with dat? Your bein rude somthin awful." His cronies nodded in agreement. "You know wot we do ta rude people round here?" He asked, cracking his knuckles threateningly.

Vinny was hardly the tallest or biggest around, but he was one of the most dangerous. Exactly six feet tall, and extremely light on his feet, he was one of the fastest, jumpiest fighters around. He was nicknamed Whirlwind for his ability to throw punches quick, fast, and from every concievable direction.

Around them, the bystanders watched, half interested. This would hardly be the first time Vinny and his gang beat someone up around these parts, and the little man didn't seem like he would last ten seconds against Vinny.
Book__wyrm
Orderly Chaos, Chaotic Order.

Words: 12917
Joined roleplay: January 6th, 2010, 12:41 am
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Book__wyrm on August 13th, 2010, 12:31 am

Hive of scum and villainy or no, the people here had achieved a sort of status quo. "Do not bother me unless it's fun, or I'll bother your teeth with my fist." Harassing a woman was fun, for the most part. A large man yelling at the bartender was not. The few glares that Keorvic noticed were from those too lazy or scared to make a bigger deal of it. Knuckles were cracked, and eyes narrowed as he turned back to his table. One or two weapons were half drawn, and one man looked as if he might stand up. The bartender, for his part, was glaring at each and every one of those with weapons. "Go on." His eyes seemed to be saying. "Go on and beat him up. I'll laugh, then charge you all for repairs." For a single moment, the tension was so thick you could cut it with any one of the weapons in the room (even the spiked club the bartender was gripping.). Those holding weapons hesitated, then sheathed them. It wasn't worth loosing money for. The man who had made to stood up, on the other hand, did so, and looked around the room for support. This was Vincent Storm, more commonly known as Vinny Whirlwind. He sat back down when no one met his eye, and scowled at them all.

For a few minutes, it seemed that the trio would be able to leave here without a scene. Unfortunately, they made two big mistakes. The first was letting a small, weak looking man order alone. The second, more serious one, was ordering only water. The glares started again, and once again weapons were drawn. Vinny stood, and this time, two men stood with him. Approaching the small man, they grabbed him by the collar right after he sat. "Hey, woss with dat? Your bein rude somthin awful." His cronies nodded in agreement. "You know wot we do ta rude people round here?" He asked, cracking his knuckles threateningly.

Vinny was hardly the tallest or biggest around, but he was one of the most dangerous. Exactly six feet tall, and extremely light on his feet, he was one of the fastest, jumpiest fighters around. He was nicknamed Whirlwind for his ability to throw punches quick, fast, and from every concievable direction.

Around them, the bystanders watched, half interested. This would hardly be the first time Vinny and his gang beat someone up around these parts, and the little man didn't seem like he would last ten seconds against Vinny.
Book__wyrm

Office

Postby Azerix on August 13th, 2010, 2:06 am

Azerix reached up to take a drink of his water when his collar was ever so rudely grabbed from behind and he spilled his drink all over not only himself but the table aswell. "Aww man i just had this washed and dried" he froze when he heard the mans voice. "you know wot we do ta rude people round here?" Azerix swallowed hard taking a breath of air "uh...how was I being rude? I merely just ordered a glass of water and sat down good sir.." his voice cracked at the end of the sentence showing he was stricken with fear. "...and I hope you just let me go and continue my drink? I don't want to fight. honestly I mean look at you...then look at me...i'll be crushed...most likely literally plus you look like the type who doesn't fight fair anyway..just please sir, let go of me and we can both sit down and have our drinks..hey ill pay for your drink..or two" Azerix shifted his weight trying to get comfortable with the mans hand gripping his collar so tight. Azerix closed his eyes praying the man would be either buzzed or drunk enough to take his offer "i'll even throw in paying for a meal for you aswell!" Azerix's heart began to race 'A fight in this place could be disasterous and i have a feeling i would be limping out of here...if leaving at all...' he thought
Azerix
Player

Words: 30996
Joined roleplay: June 14th, 2010, 11:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Keorvic on August 14th, 2010, 9:13 pm

Keorvic was oblivious to the currents of tension in the room, and throughly enjoyed his meal. it had been some time since he had eaten real, cooked food. just as he finished his last bite, a man sauntered over. two thugs flanked him on either side, and all looked formidably scary, if not scarily formidable. the middle man suddenly reached down and jerked Azerix from his seat, causing the small mage to spill his water all over the table. if there had been any food left, it would have spilled all over it.

"Hey now, no need to handle my friend like that." said Keorvic, rising from his seat and and quickly draining his ale. He knew his gauntlets were in the pack at his feet, but drawing them out and putting them on would most likely provoke an attack before he could even get them on. fortunately his fistwraps were comfortingly present under his gloves. "I don't know who you think you are, but you really shouldn't mess with people you know nothing about." he said, trying to convey that Azerix shouldn't attempt to toast these men unless he had no other choice. "and for one who seems so concerned with civility, you certainly seem to lack any." recognizing the bully as the one who had terrorized the poor woman minutes earlier.
Keorvic
Ask me about my scar

Words: 64206
Joined roleplay: June 17th, 2010, 3:48 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Postby Akiva Korvashi on August 14th, 2010, 9:49 pm

She had kept her head down, hood drawn to cover her face most of the time. She stroked the sleeping Kipps in her lap just as she heard what sounded like three decently sized men approach and Azerix beg for his safety. He hadn't seemed to do anything very rude, then again, he had yelled at the very large bartender and not even bought anything. She sighed to herself, the hood wasn't much for defense, it made her look at best like a very small male. She pushed the hood back and stood up, pushing Kipps to the floor. He took off through the crowd, easily avoiding any feet that may find their way toward him, and slipped through the door of the tavern. He would come back to her later, if she was there to come back to. She wasn't sure if they were opposed to killing or not, but she knew she wasn't. She would rather not have to, but if worse came to worse she would defend herself and her friends.

She stood near Keorvic, facing the men.
"Now boys, that's really not necessary is it? We're not looking for trouble here, just a place to have a nice drink and some hot food." She hadn't touched her daggers yet, not wanting to set them off, but she was sure they could see them, though she knew the knives in her boots were concealed from them. She kicked her pack underneathe the chair Keorvic had been sitting in eyes still on the three men, particularly the one in the middle who had Azerix by the collar. She didn't look scared, or even so much feel scared, but she knew she was. Adrenaline was rushing through her veins as it did when she hunted or as she had been when she was training as an assassin. She had known something bad would happen here, and here it was. She just hoped Azerix wouldn't burn the place down with them inside, or for that matter at all. She had no wish to be a wanted criminal, not that that would set her apart from the people around here.
Akiva Korvashi
Hunter in the flesh

Words: 89178
Joined roleplay: June 15th, 2010, 10:14 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Book__wyrm on August 15th, 2010, 8:08 am

There were murmurs of surprise as Keorvic and Akiva stood up. People here were so desensitized to these things that it had never really occurred to them that people would stand up against someone like Vinny for someone else.

Now, people were interested. Now it was three on three, not quite fair, but still fairer than most fights around here. Even the bartender was looking curious, and seemed to have forgotten about his earlier resolution about fighting in his bar. Most people were still certain that Vinny would show them their place, but some were already betting on which of his thugs would go down first. There was no question as to whether or not they would come to blows.

They all knew that pride would not allow Vinny to back down, and fear for his friends safety would not allow Keorvic to stand down.

All three men knew it too. The two thugs looked to Vinny questioningly. He only sneered at Keorvic. "Yer not even worth my time." He jeered, motioning to the two thugs. The two of them advanced menacingly, cracking their knuckles.

"Come on, girlie. Let's see wha'cha got."
Book__wyrm

Office

Postby Akiva Korvashi on August 15th, 2010, 2:55 pm

Well damn, thought Akiva. She had no idea what to do now, she had never been one for close range, open fighting, or bar fighting. She was more of a sneaky one, and would not have the advantage of that or ambush in this fight, and definitely could not use her bow, not at this range. She sighed at her current plan, it wasn't the best, but it might work. She took her cloak off and draped it over her chair before sauntering over to what seemed to be the ringleader of this little band, the one who had been speaking. She stopped just in front of the man, placing her right hand on his cheek and sliding it down to his chest. "Ooh, does a strong man like a pretty woman?" she said with a wink, and slid her shirt up her body, exposing her midriff. She lowered her head as she lowered her shirt again, shooting a look to Keorvic when she knew the man wouldn't be able to see her face. Do something... she thought, wishing for once that he could hear her thoughts.
Akiva Korvashi
Hunter in the flesh

Words: 89178
Joined roleplay: June 15th, 2010, 10:14 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Keorvic on August 15th, 2010, 5:13 pm

"Not worth your time? You have some sort of schedule? a full regimen of loitering, looking stupid, and getting your face smashed in like a fool?" he growled. He kept a strong grip on the heavy glass mug that had so recently held his drink, and rolled his broad shoulders. He wasn't much taller than the center man, only a few inches taller, But he knew he was broader of shoulder than most, and knew enough to accentuate the fact in an attempt at intimidation.

He began to tense up. Keorvic was no novice when it came to fighting, but still he was getting nervous. Azerix was no brawler, and neither was Akiva. They could both probably take all three if the conditions were right; Akiva with her bow, and Azerix with his fire. But here in a crowded bar, they were both vulnerable. It would come down to him.

The challenge dropped by the thugs and Akiva's subsequent diversion pushed Keorvic over the line. With a growl he swung the heavy mug into the face of the closest man as hard as he could. Letting go of the shattered remains of the handle and using the momentum of his swing, he dragged Akiva out of the way with one hand and grabbed his chair with the other. He swung the wooden chair towards the other two men, hoping to either knock one or both down, or intercept the blows he knew would be coming his direction.

with that, he dropped the chair and backpedaled to his pack. he quickly snatched his gauntlets and pulled them on, working frantically to get the straps buckled before he had to use them.
Last edited by Keorvic on August 15th, 2010, 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keorvic
Ask me about my scar

Words: 64206
Joined roleplay: June 17th, 2010, 3:48 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Postby Azerix on August 15th, 2010, 6:15 pm

Azerix attempted to struggle out of the mans grasp one more time with no success when Akiva approached and began to flirt with the man holding him, At first it was nothing until she raised her shirt, Azerixs jaw dropped instantly and he stood there motionless stairing for a second until she covered up again "wow..." was all he could mutter for a second then attempted to struggle out again "should of broke free when she was being a flirt.." he whispered to himself and sighed standing there motionless "if your gonna hit me. hit me. and let me go so i can at least stand a chance of fighting back. holding a man by the back of his neck where he can't reach you in cold and wet clothing is more cheap than anything sir."

when keorvic was the one to throw the first blow Azerix took the time in the mans stun to tear himself free only to dodge the chair being thrown in his direction now "KEORVIC! WHOSE SIDE ARE YOU ON!" he said stepping back and removing his wet robe revealing the silk shirt and pants beneath. Azerix sighed moving his hand over the candle at his table taking the flame with him, and using his Res, he amplified the flames size and intensity in his palm causing it to spin and form into a ball of fire. He smiled at the two men in front of him "you know..if you would have just taken the offer on free drinks and food we could all be sitting here laughing and giggling having a great time. but. no. you 3 had to be rough and tough and show how bad ass you all are. now, i have to fight you. and if this inn goes down in flames well.. you'll be inside..and ill be sure of that. the world will be a better place with you gone, antagonizing woman and people who you think are weaker than you." he smiled feeling the flame burn the skin on his hands "but hey. you are stronger than me. but, i do have what you don't, Brains and 'fire power' and of course i don't have my gloves...so now this is burn."
Azerix
Player

Words: 30996
Joined roleplay: June 14th, 2010, 11:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Book__wyrm on August 16th, 2010, 3:21 am

Vinny grinned at Akiva appreciatively, then shoved her away. "Nice try." His thugs, however, were slightly more distracted by her, and thus, didn't notice the mug flying at them. And now, they were down to two. The remaining thug, enraged, ran at Keorvic, and was hit in the face with a chair. Dodging the chair, Vinny gave his two thugs a look, as if to tell them that they were the stupidest people they had ever known. "Huh. Look like I'm gunna hav'ta fight this one meself."

As Keorvic bent down to grab his gauntlets, Vinny darted forward, and smashed his elbow into the mans face, before gut punching him, and darting backwards. His eyes darted from Keorvic to Akiva, then back to keorvic.

The rest of the inn, how ever, was concerned about something else.

"And if this inn goes down in flames well.. you'll be inside..and ill be sure of that."

Poor, poor Azerix. These words had caught the attention of the people around, and now, the mage and his fireball was the center of attention. No one wanted to burn, and they rather liked this place, thank you very much. There were growls, and the people around started to draw weapons. The bartender, in particular, was enraged. He had moved away from the bar, and was heading towards the mage, spiked club in hand. People began to step away, making a tight wall between Azerix and his friends, and giving the bartender space. The man was huge, and towered over the smaller mage, still holding the fireball. He held the club in front of him, prepared to try and catch the fireball if needed. "I wouldn't do that if I were you."
Book__wyrm

Office

PreviousNext