[Pig's Foot Tavern] A fight for sore eyes (closed)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

[Pig's Foot Tavern] A fight for sore eyes (open)

Postby Akiva Korvashi on August 17th, 2010, 2:24 am

Akiva stumbled backwards as the man shoved her away. She felt slightly offended, how could any man reject her? Even a brute like this...especially a brute like this, should want her beauty. It mattered not! She would save the day here! She let forth a small, earie laughter, which quickly escalated into hysterical laughter. "Ooh, look at the big strong man," she taunted in a baby voice. "Thinks he can pick on all the newcomers around here." She looked up at him, her hair messily draped over her face. She smiled suddenly, "Hehe, you wanna play little boy?" She straightened herself up and walked over to the man seemly in a casual stroll. "I know what you're going to say, 'What can you possibly do to me, girlie?'" Her fists were clenched tightly by her sides, and though she made no outward signs of it, she had been concentrating her power toward them. She had dabbled in the flux before, but not to the point of mastery, or even near it, but she knew enough to give this guy a quick lesson.

"Well here's what!" She yelled at him, and swung her fist toward his face with hightened speed and strength, connecting in a smooth, swift motion with his jaw. She hoped this would at least be enough to turn the fight in their favor, because that was about all she could do. She could already feel the adrenaline fading from her quicly being replaced by a subtle drowsiness, which she was sure would intensify relatively quickly. She looked over to Keorvic helplessly and sank to her knees, breathing heavily. This was why she didn't progress with her flux training, she always lost so much energy after a single blow. Jerak had always told her not to put so much into one blow, but she couldn't help it, her mind had wrapped itself around the powerful feeling it gave her.
Akiva Korvashi
Hunter in the flesh

Words: 89178
Joined roleplay: June 15th, 2010, 10:14 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Akiva Korvashi on August 17th, 2010, 2:25 am

Akiva stumbled backwards as the man shoved her away. She felt slightly offended, how could any man reject her? Even a brute like this...especially a brute like this, should want her beauty. It mattered not! She would save the day here! She let forth a small, earie laughter, which quickly escalated into hysterical laughter. "Ooh, look at the big strong man," she taunted in a baby voice. "Thinks he can pick on all the newcomers around here." She looked up at him, her hair messily draped over her face. She smiled suddenly, "Hehe, you wanna play little boy?" She straightened herself up and walked over to the man seemly in a casual stroll. "I know what you're going to say, 'What can you possibly do to me, girlie?'" Her fists were clenched tightly by her sides, and though she made no outward signs of it, she had been concentrating her power toward them. She had dabbled in the flux before, but not to the point of mastery, or even near it, but she knew enough to give this guy a quick lesson.

"Well here's what!" She yelled at him, and swung her fist toward his face with hightened speed and strength, connecting in a smooth, swift motion with his jaw. She hoped this would at least be enough to turn the fight in their favor, because that was about all she could do. She could already feel the adrenaline fading from her quicly being replaced by a subtle drowsiness, which she was sure would intensify relatively quickly. She looked over to Keorvic helplessly and stumbled back, sinking to her knees, breathing heavily. The crowd at her back seemed focused on Azerix still.

This was why she didn't progress with her flux training, she always lost so much energy after a single blow. Jerak had always told her not to put so much into one blow, but she couldn't help it, her mind had wrapped itself around the powerful feeling it gave her.
Last edited by Akiva Korvashi on August 19th, 2010, 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Akiva Korvashi
Hunter in the flesh

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Keorvic on August 19th, 2010, 1:55 am

Keorvic realed back from the elbow, his nose bleeding freely and one cheek throbbing with pain. Before he could react, he felt another burst of pain from his stomach. He stumbled back. He shook his head, and tried to shake off the haze that coated the world. As his eyes cleared, he saw Akiva throw a heavy punch right to the man's jaw. A grim smile crossed his face. This one would be trouble, but not more than they could handle. Keorvic was more worried about the crowd closing in on Azerix. They would have to put down the glorified thug down quickly if they were going to be any help for his friend.

He shook off the gauntlet that wasnt buckled, tossing it back onto his pack. he didn't want to take his eyes off of this one again. Besides, he might need to be able to grab something without shreding it on the spikes. Cocking an eyebrow, he grinned at the man again. "Got a name, weakling? I hardly felt those at all." exaggerating a little bit. They had hurt, but there was no way Keorvic would be going down soon if thats as hard as they would come.

Hoping to catch the man in the middle of his sentence, Keorvic feinted with his gauntleted hand, then reversed his stance and stepped forward and threw a quick backhand. if it was enough to throw this jerk off balance, Keorvic knew he could grab the mans hair, then bury the spikes of his gauntlets into a sensitive area, either the stomach or side.
Keorvic
Ask me about my scar

Words: 64206
Joined roleplay: June 17th, 2010, 3:48 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Postby Azerix on August 19th, 2010, 11:55 pm

Azerix watched in awe as the crowd surrounded him "hey...there gonna help!" it wasn't until he noticed the looks in all of there eye's that he realized it was simple a way to ween to him out from his friends. some had looks of anger, other had the fire of a fight in there eyes...all pointed on the small mage holding a flame in his hand. "uh-oh... hey about the burning down the Inn thing..guys i was joking..that was a simple..trying to strike fear into the hearts of my enemy!" he gulped turning his head to the lumbering man walking towards him with a spiked club. "Sir," he hesitated "i am not wanting to fight you...you are not the one who picked a fight with me, you still have the chance to walk away and run your inn...we just came for food a room..and it escalated into a brawl...i beg you...put down your weapon before i have to defend myself...your not in your 'element' here" he stressed out the word element letting out a cocky smile looking at the fire-ball in his hand "but i warn you...come closer and the smell of smoldering skin will fill this room. look at your situation...your atleast 10 paces away from me. perfect range for my Djed....and I doubt you have any protection from a mages res." he sighed attempting to push through the crowd to meet up with his friends but was only pushed back to fight the bartender. "damn it, i just wanted a drink of water and to sleep." he cracked his neck letting even more of his res flow into the ball increasing its heat and intensity "but now...i have to defend myself" Azerix threw the Fire-ball in the direction of the bartender following it up by taking in a deep breath and letting his res flow out on the exhale igniting it with his Djed and sending a trail of fire from his mouth towards the bartender.

Azerix coughed hitting his fist on his chest "heart-burn" he felt tired now, not sure of he should watch his amount of Djed use or go all out on this man to show he is not one to be trifled with, But still the idea of overgiving was ever constant in the back of his head.

unfortunately he could not see the fight unfolding on the other side but turned to see if he could get a peek at his friends "Akiva...Keorvic you two still alive over there?"
Azerix
Player

Words: 30996
Joined roleplay: June 14th, 2010, 11:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Book__wyrm on August 20th, 2010, 3:32 am

Vinny ignored her, for the most part. He was far more concerned about the larger man. He had only just noticed the blow from Akiva when it connected. He stumbled to the side, surprised at the strength with which she struck. Still, it was nothing he hadn't encountered before, and, spitting blood on the floor, he was soon back in the fight.

He laughed at keorvic's question, but stayed quiet. He dodged the backhand, and, darting around the larger man, threw a punch at the back of his head. He didn't stay around to get it paid back, jumping on a table, and rolling onto the floor. He kept his distance from Akiva, in fear of another punch like the one before.

Azerix was doomed. He had claimed that he had merely been jesting, and had gone and thrown the fireball. The bartender got out of the way just in time, but others were not so lucky. One man caught the fireball in the face, and fell to the ground, screaming in pain. The crowd descended on him, enraged. There were weapons drawn, and several men grabbed the mage and shoved him to the ground, and started to kick at him.
Book__wyrm
Orderly Chaos, Chaotic Order.

Words: 12917
Joined roleplay: January 6th, 2010, 12:41 am
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Keorvic on August 20th, 2010, 4:24 pm

Keorvic heard the scream and decided it was time to end this. He had to help his friend. On top of that, this quick man seemed to be only intent on throwing punches to the head. Sooner or later one would hit hard enough to put Keorvic down, and he didn't think he would ever get up if that was the case. Keorvic had never been much of one for a fair fight, and glanced around quickly for a way to change the situation. His opponent was still backing up across the table, and probably expected Keorvic to come charging around the side. "Forget that" he thought, grasping one edge of the table.

With a quick heave, the Vantha flipped the table at the man. It flew end over end, and was large enough that there was no way he could dodge while standing so close. Keorvic followed up with great sweeping kicks from his heavy boots, and as he passed he grabbed a conveniently upright chair and started smashing it down with bone-breaking force over and over, intending to end this fight as quickly as possible so that he could focus on the crowd around Azerix and maybe attempt to save his friend's life.
Keorvic
Ask me about my scar

Character sheet

Postby Akiva Korvashi on August 21st, 2010, 7:25 pm

Behind her she could hear screams of pain and the sound of flames. She could only guess what had happened. Azerix, that idiot! He should have known not to use magic in a place like this, not only would these people completely hate him just for being a magic user, but that he had set some of them ablaze... How ever would they save him now, was the solemn line of thought in her mind. Keorvic had pushed a table at the man she had hit, and proceeded to grab a nearby chair, so she felt that he would be okay by himself. Azerix, however, was being kicked by a mob of people, who she was sure she couldn't take on by herself. With newfound energy, she stood up to aid her friend, grabbing the shirt of one of the smaller men of the group who was kicking Azerix. 'I'll take care of these guys one by one,' she thought, and threw the man backwards away from the crowd, hoping the force of her shove would push him to the ground. 'I'll just give him a taste of his own medicine.' Her plan would be to do to him as he was to Azerix, but if need be she wasn't afraid to draw her weapons, not at this point.
Akiva Korvashi
Hunter in the flesh

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Azerix on August 21st, 2010, 10:42 pm

Azerix watched as the fire-ball missed his target and instead hit a different man. His stomach churned when he heard the scream and then the thump as the large body hit the floor "MY GOD! ARE YOU OK! im so sorry sir, truly i am...if your alive..." Azerix took a step towards the man on the ground when a few thugs grabbed his arms and tossed him to the ground with a thud. He gasped trying to catch his breath again when a heavy boot collided with his jaw, the force of the kick caused his head to turn and a spray of blood left his mouth hitting the boots of others approaching. "shit....im in deep deep shit now..." He took another boot the face that sent him to the ground, in a mixture of fear and clouded judgement Azerix covered his head with his arms leaving his stomach open for kicks. within seconds he felt the beating and realized if he didn't think soon he would die.

he felt relieved when Akiva pulled someone off him, this gave Azerix the chance. He placed his hand on the ground sending his res into the earth causing walls rocks to jet out around him repelling the attackers. he stood up releasing his res letting the walls collapse and then knelt down again placing his palm on the dirt sending out his res yet again and manipulating the earth to send out waves or tremors to knock his adversary's either to the ground all together, or at least off balance long enough to gain his composure. he stood once more, his eyes were now bloodshot and he was exhausted yet, azerix felt more powerful then he had been the entire time. once again he spat blood on the ground and held his sides "please...just stop...there is no need to fight...i myself am pretty damaged...and not to mention am suffering from overgiving...please...if i continue i may not be able to control myself..." he winced in pain feeling his cracked ribs and the fire like heat of blood on his face.
Azerix
Player

Words: 30996
Joined roleplay: June 14th, 2010, 11:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Book__wyrm on August 22nd, 2010, 1:31 am

(Time to end this, I guess.)

Vinny only gaped as the table flew, and hit him in the chest. He was thrown back onto another table, and was just starting to recover when he was smashed by keorvic's chair. He was given no time to recover, and soon descended into unconsciousness.

The crowd, on the other hand, was getting both angry and terrified. A few of the smarter ones backed off, and ran out the door the second they realized that Azerix didn't just have fire under his control. The bartender ran to a back door created just for such emergencies. Most of the others were not so smart. When the very earth rippled beneath them, most of them were knocked back.

It didn't take very long for the crowd to notice that Vinny was out. A few glances were thrown about, and some more people inched towards the door. Still, they held their ground, hanging on to their last strands of pride and ignoring their self preservation instinct.
Book__wyrm
Orderly Chaos, Chaotic Order.

Words: 12917
Joined roleplay: January 6th, 2010, 12:41 am
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Keorvic on August 22nd, 2010, 1:48 pm

OOC: Hope I didn't god mode on my last post; I was worried bout Az =P

Keorvic noted the lack of movement of his target, and took some time to check to see if he was a threat any more. Keorvic grimaced, it wasn't a pretty sight. The man had been a bully, but he didn't deserve the hurt Keorvic had been forced to lay down on him. "I'm sorry, but you were in the way, and Azerix is in trouble." He said sadly. he set the chair down, positioning it over the recumbant man's face, so that no one would kick him by accident or step on his neck. Just as he turned to help fight off the group of people, a man was thrown past, curtesy of Akiva.

Taking a deep breath, he prepared to inform these people to back off as loudly as possible, when he had to catch his balance as light tremors shook the place. The people closer to Azerix seemed to have a harder time, and Keorvic watched several fall down. The rest turned and ran, completely ignoring Keorvic. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw the bartender take off and dart out a door near the rear of the bar. Keorvic sighed. "Well, that could have turned out better. Looks like we will need somewhere else to stay this night. Are you alright Azerix?" he asked.

The few remaining people looked shaken, but also intent on making them pay. with another sigh, he fixed them with a glare. These people had ganged up on his friend, using numbers to inflict pain on someone. The first bully was at least ready to keep going after his friends had been taken out; ready to face Keorvic and Akiva. Keorvic felt a little remorse for beating the bully up so thoroughly, bet these people deserved no pity. He squared his shoulders and fixed them with a glare.
Keorvic
Ask me about my scar

Character sheet

PreviousNext