Completed To Dream a Little Dream

Pleasant dreams of a beautiful woman

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Herein lies the realm of dreams, where dreamers who are scattered all over the world in the physical can come together in the mysterious world of dreams. Remember, unless one is a Dreamwalker, there is no control over dreams. Ever. Anything can happen, and by threading a dream, you are subject to whomever can walk dreams and the whims of Storytellers.

To Dream a Little Dream

Postby Savio on September 2nd, 2013, 4:31 am

Savio ran atop an endless sea of Nykan rooftops, he had no idea where he was going but he knew he needed to get there as soon as possible. His surroundings were illuminated but the otherworldly light that never seemed to come from anywhere. His feet hit the titles rapidly, and he jumped skillfully from one roof to another yet he didn’t feel the slightest bit tired or out of breath. It didn’t occur to him the he was fast asleep. All he knew was that he needed to get somewhere and fast for some unknown reason.

The change in scenery was drastic. One moment he was on the roofs, the next he was standing in the middle of a forest. The young acrobat frowned in confusion. How did he get there? Savio started walking, since there seemed little else to do.

Last edited by Savio on October 1st, 2013, 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Thoughts""Speech""NPC"

Threads: 2/5
Grandfathered Threads To Complete: 6

Signature by Edreina
Savio
If there is no struggle, there is no progress

Words: 200123
Joined roleplay: June 9th, 2013, 11:58 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Artist (1)

To Dream a Little Dream

Postby Ireth Telemnar on September 2nd, 2013, 4:57 am

Dark.

Dark, then light.

Dark, then light, then dark again.

Ireth's eyes opened as her feet walked on their own, as if she'd no control over them. The trees towered above her, their tops nearly lost in the gloom their canopies created.

Dark, then light, then dark again, before light.

Noises caused Ireth to look about. Rustling among the shrubs. Twigs snapping under the weight of what she knew had to be somebody. There was an eerie zephyr whipping along the tree trunks and around the forest.

Shivering, she called, though fearful of the reply. "Hullo?"

Dark, then light, then dark again, before light that became dark.

Ireth Telemnar
A tune for your thoughts?

Words: 169690
Joined roleplay: June 7th, 2013, 2:41 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Featured Thread (1)

To Dream a Little Dream

Postby Sayren WindDancer on September 2nd, 2013, 5:19 am

Sayren's eyes opened. No longer within the walls of Nyka. But in an odd forest. She glanced about the area. Nothing but trees to be seen for miles on end. She glanced at herself for a moment. She was wearing her tan tunic and black tights. No shoes, no stockings. That was odd. She could have sworn she had just fallen asleep in her bed.

She quickly got to her feet as she heard some rustling in the bushes. She quickly got to a fighting stance. Her left foot shifting forward as she dropped her left fist to her side, raising her right hand just enough forward in case she needed to block. She then gave a quick warning in pavi, "Whoever or whatever you may be, reveal yourself now, and I promise you, long as you don't threaten me, I will not threaten you..."

Sayren WindDancer
"Determination leads to the second step."

Words: 131634
Joined roleplay: May 29th, 2013, 7:00 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Scrapbook

To Dream a Little Dream

Postby Savio on September 2nd, 2013, 6:05 am

Savio kept walking, his strides were smooth and even, but the foliage underfoot still cracked and snapped with each step. He quickly realized that he was wearing a loose green tunic with a brown leather belt that went around his middle, brown trousers and his knee high boots.

The forest was strangely quiet. Not a single animal or insect could be heard and it made Savio uneasy. His hand strayed to his side where he would have kept his dagger but it was not there. He felt strangely nude without it.

A sound in the distance caught his attention. Savio looked around trying to pin point it. It sounded like a woman’s voice. Savio moved faster, hoping to find whoever was calling out. Perhaps she was as lost as he was. In short time he came to a small clearing where a young woman was standing at the center. She seemed of average height and shape with very long dark blonde hair that was pulled back into a braid. Savio gave a sheepish smile as he slowly stepped into the opening.

“Um… Hello there.” Savio called out to her to alert her of his presence so not to frighten her. “Perhaps you can tell me where I am at?”

Savio was so focused on the girl before him that he didn’t hear the person not too far behind him.

"Thoughts""Speech""NPC"

Signature by Edreina
Savio

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Artist (1)

To Dream a Little Dream

Postby Ireth Telemnar on September 2nd, 2013, 6:30 am

Ireth spun around at the voice of the man, her hair whipping around and attempting to wrap itself around her. She swept it aside and met the deep gray eyes of the man. He moved with an ease that almost unnerved Ireth, but she stood still and remained as calm as one could be in such a situation.

"No... uh, no sir. I haven't a clue where you are. Or myself, for that matter. I'm Ravokian... Ravokian. My people don't belong in the forests..."

Not wanting to let the stranger out of her sight, she wrapped her arms around her shoulders before noticing that they were bare. Looking down, she curled her lip in disgust at the fact that she wore a light cotten dress, sleeveless though floor-length, and a warm gray in color. She'd never worn anything like this, something like the daughters of merchants in her city might.

Tears filled her eyes and she rubbed her eyes annoyedly with the backs of her hands. "I don't know where I am..."

Ireth Telemnar

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Featured Thread (1)

To Dream a Little Dream

Postby Sayren WindDancer on September 2nd, 2013, 6:40 am

There was no direct answer to her question. Just mumblings through the bush. She gripped her fists tightly. "Very well!" She shouted, "Don't say you were not warned!" She charged into the bush, seeing an opening. A man was standing with his back to Sayren. Before she could give the man a chance to turn, she vaulted a kick to the man's back, then shifted her body with the momentum to lift herself up off the ground to strike a second time with her other leg. With that, she flipped backwards and landed on her feet.

Should the man not notice anything, he would've been face planted into the ground. Which then Sayren would have a better chance of looking at him and realizing, "Savio?! What are you doing here?" She would help the man onto his feet and then glance over at the girl that was standing in front of them now. Sayren tilted her head as she glimpsed at the girl. "And who might you be? And sorry about what you just saw...I didn't realize it was my comrade..."

Sayren WindDancer

Character sheet
Scrapbook

To Dream a Little Dream

Postby Savio on September 2nd, 2013, 10:09 pm

If Savio could describe the woman that stood before him, he would compare her to a Doe; so delicate and sweet. Her eyes were wide as she watched him. Savio held his hands out so that she could see that he was unarmed. When he heard the tremble in her voice that hinted at tears, Savio couldn’t help but step forward to try to comfort her. He was weak against feminine tears.

Right before he took a step forward to offer some kind of comfort, he heard someone shout behind him. Just before he could turn around to see what the commotion was, he felt a kick slam into his back. Knocking him off balance, the second kick that followed knocked him to the ground completely. He could have sworn that he was just kicked back Ximal.

Savio groaned as he rolled over on to his back, and instantly regreted it. The hit had hurt him and laying on the soon-to-be bruised area hurt like petch. When he looked up at his attacker, he saw a familiar face. “S-sayren? I should ask you the same thing!”

Savio was distracted from the girl until Sayren’s attention turned to her. There was something…different about her tone… More confident perhaps a tad seductive. Of course, the seductive tone was not directed at Savio but at the girl in question. He couldn’t help but feel jealous.

"Thoughts""Speech""NPC"

Signature by Edreina
Savio

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Artist (1)

To Dream a Little Dream

Postby Ireth Telemnar on September 3rd, 2013, 1:22 am

Ireth jumped back when the man fell onto the earthy dirt of the forest's floor, leaves and other things flying up around his falling body. Then there was the girl, perhaps Ireth's own age. She was pretty, her skin fair and her stance sure.

Gently though, Ireth helped the man off of the ground. She warily avoided his haunting gray eyes.

"I'm not sure what I'm doing here.... I don't remember this." She paused. "Comrade? You two know each other?"

Ireth Telemnar

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Featured Thread (1)

To Dream a Little Dream

Postby Sayren WindDancer on September 3rd, 2013, 1:42 am

Sayren gazed at the girl a little more as she helped up Savio. She definitely seemed more about her own age. Sayren would've helped Savio herself if she wasn't sore about him breaking her ankle. Wait a moment, she thought to herself as she took a quick glimpse at her leg. Stretching her right leg out a few times. It wasn't pained, and it wasn't wearing a bracer of any sort. And yet, she still moved more effectively? By the seven, just where were they all at in the world?

The girl then kept her eyes from Savio. Sayren that was odd, but the girl answered the questions nonetheless. She wasn't sure how or why she was here. Then the girl asked if Sayren and Savio knew each other. Sayren couldn't help but dart a glare at Savio. "You can say that..." Even though she wasn't sure where they were, she was still weary of Savio's actions. That night in the Aperture was still all too vibrant within her mind. However, her features warmed when she brought her attention back to the girl, "But yes, we are comrades. Students who attend a Martial Arts school in the city of Nyka."

She was on edge now. This felt like a trap of some sort. Her eyes gave a brief scan of their surrounding area, nothing seemed threatening at first. Then she raised an eyebrow as she mumbled to herself, "I can see much clearer?..." She glanced down at her wrists, she flexed her muscles and her fists for a moment. She felt like there was so much power behind her arms now. Sayren approached the girl and placed her back to her as her eyes continued to scan, not realizing, they shifted into a silvered color. But perhaps maybe Savio got a glance of them before she turned her back on the woman, "Savio...I have a bad feeling about this place...It's starting to feel like the Aperture all over again."

And if that were the case, Sayren was going to have to keep a close eye on the girl...in case Savio...were to go mad again.

Sayren WindDancer

Character sheet
Scrapbook

To Dream a Little Dream

Postby Savio on September 3rd, 2013, 3:21 pm

Savio was grateful when the lovely young woman helped him to his feet; he could feel his face heat up greatly at the touch of her soft skin. He avoided her eyes, hoping she wouldn’t see his embarrassment. Why did he have to be such a coward in front of women? He became frustrated at himself until he was able to get to his feet and get a better look at Sayren.

The young Drykas stood tall, her head was held high and the overall air around her was so much like Ximal. A part of Savio wondered if Sayren WAS Ximal. Though, it was nice to see that she wasn’t hurt, a part of him hoped that the whole aperture ordeal was just a nightmare, but the glare Sayren sent his way said otherwise. She still hated him. Savio sighed and just kicked at the dirt below, his eyes downcast.

Sayren then stepped past him and put herself between him and the girl, shielding her from whatever danger presented itself. Or perhaps from Savio. The latter seemed more logical since she kept shooting nervous glances in his direction.

Sayren then finally spoke again, telling Savio of her paranoia. The young acrobat frowned and looked around, but saw nothing dangerous. Just trees and plants. “The Aperture? This is just a forest, Sayren.”

"Thoughts""Speech""NPC"

Signature by Edreina
Savio

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook