Closed Reunited at Last (Miro)

Alric finds an old friend who has changed quite a bit

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Reunited at Last (Miro)

Postby Alric Wilmot on September 2nd, 2013, 5:05 am

Fall 51 of 513 AV

Alric found Ravok a very deceptive city.

For one, it was supposedly a city of chaos, ruled by the god of evil. Yet, when Alric had arrived the day prior, he found the city anything but chaotic. Not only that, but only the best of things were ever said of Rhysol. One of his fellow travelers had commented on Rhysol's evil, and had promptly been slain by the ferryman and pushed over the boat. It had disturbed several people, but none of the citizens. It seemed Ravok was a place where chaos was more or less controlled. Even more perplexing, the city was clean and pleasant. The fall had settled in, yet no foul weather had yet to befall them. The citizens claimed that it was Rhysol's doing.

Alric had only spent a day in the city, yet he found the place profoundly odd. Something he found himself enjoying. Alvadas had indeed grown stale to his overloaded senses. Ravok provided something far more misleading than any of Alric's prior experiences with illusions. Paradoxical human nature. Everyone here seemed to obey the law, but at the same time, had no quarrel with acting immoral as long as it was legal. The complete separation of legality and morality seemed to be in full swing, and Alric had never seen anything like it. It was quite a bit of fun to observe. Of course, that was a problem as well. Alric had found out yesterday on the Ferry that as a non-citizen he had no rights, and was therefore free game.

Alric was smart enough not to attract attention, and was constantly sending pulses of apathy in hypnotic waves to lessen the chances of an attack. He had no idea if the Tsana skull he held was worth anything, but it was best not to chance a theft. It wouldn't do to get murdered now. He had far too much to do. As he walked along the docks, a much quieter and calmer place than the patchwork port with an actual system at work, he pulled out the letter that had been attached to the Avian Manor back in Alvadas. Apparently, he was to go to "The Spot".

Alric scratched his chin at that. Where was " The Spot"?, though, nearly as soon as he wondered, he spotted it. It was the actual name of a Tavern it looked like. Interesting. Alric observed a group of livelier men enter the establishment before going in himself. He grinned to himself, thinking it lucky that the group was there t distract from his entrance. As he entered, he took note of his surroundings.

The Spot had two floors, it seemed, and was rather richly furnished. He could hear singing coming from a back room, but other than that it seemed rather well behaved. Nothing to give anyone any sort of pause. Throughout the fist floor were tables with several patrons gambling and drinking, though far quieter than Alric was used to. Alric took a deep breath and expanded his bubble of influence once more, sending pulses of indifference and apathy to keep people from paying him too much attention.

As he did so, he strode up to the bar, towards a rather plain looking man with dark hair and eyes cleaning a glass cup. He lifted his pulse of apathy from the person, and instead injected a pulse of helpfulness.

"Excuse me, do you know a "Bohir", by chance?"

The man looked up, and placed his cup and rag to the side.

"Who wants to know?"

Alric ignored him. He wasn't about to drag this on longer than it needed to be.

"I'm looking for Miro."

At the mention of Miro's name, the man's eyes widened slightly, something Alric noticed. The man gave a grunt and nodded his head. And then looked down at the skull.

"Ah, yes. Let me see now. I believe he wants to meet you at the Plaza of Dark Delights. just outside the slave market. Now, if you don't mind, I have some business to finish."

With that, the man left and went through a door behind the bar, leaving his rag and cup behind. Alric rose a brow, curious, but not enough to really investigate. Once again he began sending the pulses out in all directions, and headed back the way he came. Luckily, Ravok was unlike Alvadas. The streets lay still, and each one was labeled. He was sure he'd be able to find the place, given enough time. He went through the door and out onto the docks, looking for the Plaza of Dark Delights.
"I'm Speaking"
"I'm speaking and using hypnosis"
I'm implanting thoughts using hypnosis
I have implanted an Obsession
Alric Wilmot
The Last Wilmot

Words: 375060
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2011, 12:05 am
Blog: View Blog (7)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)

Reunited at Last (Miro)

Postby Miro on September 24th, 2013, 5:46 am

By the time the man had returned from behind the bar, Alric was gone. In his hand was a folded piece of parchment, quickly handed off with a nod. "To the nearest Ravosalaman, delivered to Miro." The woman who had taken the note quickly paced away. Exiting the Spot and setting foot on the docks, her target was immediately within sight. A familiar Ravosala was floating idly with no activity to be seen. The woman walked over and jarred the boat with her boot and let out a piercing whistle. "Renzy, wake up, ya lazy bastard. Deliver this note to Miro. Make haste, damn lush."

The man quickly shot up upon hearing the whistle, his head pounding from a few too many drinks. He had taken the day off early due to cheating a newcomer to the city out of an unreasonable tip. Of course celebration led him to the bar, and the bar led him to passing out. He scratched the scruff on his neck and let out an unsettling belch. Still he was feeling the consequences of heavy drinking and struggled to keep balance once standing. He reached out to take the note, but grasped her hand and lingered. "Yeah, you bet I will, yes-huh. Just you remember all it is I do for you. Maybe you might do something for me sometime. Huh darling, how 'bout it?" Her hand was retracted and her answer was given in the form of another rock of the boat.

Renzy wobbled back and nearly lost his balance. His eyes widening at the thought of meeting with the water. The man dropped to his knees and grasped the edge, his heavy body nearly causing it to flip. By the time he managed to restore his footing she was gone. Unfortunately, due to his choice of wasting time drinking, the Ravosalaman hadn't any idea where Miro was. A shame, considering how much time was wasted following the wizard. It was well established that the undead could be a generous tipper. And this was one such occasion where a hefty reward could be earned. However he would have to find the man, and only by observation of his habits. It would be difficult, but he was for once determined. So off he set to search each likely local one by one.

Miro however was not far from the man searching for him. The Reimancer was busy having an epiphany of the mind. An astonishing realization had been dawning on him for a long time, over a year. It was not until recently it had fully surfaced, along with the solution to a problem he had been struggling with. A problem that only worsened with each day. The source of his problem, he thought it to be his Familiar, Ender. However he had come to find that perhaps some of the blame belonged to him. All Chained One's had cravings. The wizard's own, power and domination. For long Ender was only useful to be dominated, and he did well to satiate his master's needs. In hindsight he could see this corrupted the mind of his partner.

Ender had become desperate and cruel. A long descent from his former mindset, always so calm and collected. Even once despised how dangerous and reckless magic could be. Now to look at him, exactly what he preached against, and obviously due to his master. At least one thing was understood, that magic gave one power. And it was this shared craving between master and Familiar that caused the wizard to rethink their relationship. But to rid himself of his main source of domination, that would cause problems. He would need to dominate others, and that could cause other issues to arise. The undead needed to appear civil minded, hide his true nature. It was natural to distrust wizards and the undead, especially Chained Ones.

The way to assert dominance while also holding this guise was Hypnotism. However in the excess needed to satisfy his needs, that could easily lead to overgiving. There was another way however, and as he thought more about it, it's appeal indeed grew. Though there were risks to carrying out such an ordeal. Risks that would expose him for what he truly was, a murderous fiend with more power than self-control. Yet it was too much to pass over. And how simple it was too. Just find a prey, take them where none would see. From there he would dominate them 'til they withered and were ready for death. And finally when the time came, when they were used up and ready to accept their fate, how he would cherish that moment. Their lives would be ended by the sickest of deaths, being gobbled up by an undead monster. Their flesh shredded by tooth and nail. With any luck they would return the favor and put up a struggle.

It was truly like some folk tale told around the campfire of a band of Syliran Knights. A way to unsettle the squires and cause them to watch their backs. Or maybe a warning parents told their children to keep them from wandering about at night. Either way, to bring it to reality, it was beyond thrilling. Eventually people would catch on, and perhaps that was when the real fun started. Without risk there was no thrill after all. Not to mention the thought of sinking his teeth into flesh, live flesh. One would be surprised how easily flesh peeled from bone when the Flux was a factor. The jaw truly is a powerful muscle. If there was any moisture left in the wizard's corpse, it would surely be manifesting as saliva. The desire to feast upon the flesh was consuming him.

Though all of the flesh fantasies, "fleshtasies", as Miro would say, they had distracted him from his plight. The first step in repairing the relationship was acknowledgement. Acknowledging the Familiar, not acknowledgment of fault. Admitting fault was a silly trifling of an excuse. And without need for say, acknowledgment was not something said. He would show it, though a follow through would have to wait. Anything meaningful done proper required preparation. Delayed satisfaction, though arguably that was the most rewarding kind. It had become more than apparent what Ender so dearly wished for. Mainly acknowledgement as a partner by his master. There was also that most beautiful of desires, the one that they shared. A craving for power, and of course a means to test that growing surge of potential. Domination, as the undead came to know it.

Miro focused his Djed into his eyes, his throat, even the tips of his fingers. He felt the rapturous rush pleasure that manipulation caused. The focus Hypnotism built in his mind. That feel of domination, the charge one gets from tugging a victim by the leash on their heart. A collar fastened by the most subtle of Djeds, yet the results could achieve a level of clarity unparalleled. And to simulate the emotions to be pushed, it worked doubly on his Familiar. Through their empathetic bond emotions were linked and shared. The Reimancer slowly reached his long nail back to caress the icy surface of Ender's sealed form. A faint unsettling scratching noise could be heard, though this would soon fade with a replacement. He focused a soft gaze from behind the eye slots of his mask down to his partner and channeled an emotional response of affection. The kind of look and feel a master would attempt to instill into his dear puppy. And though they were in public, the Hypnotist would address the Irylid with his actual voice. A rare act in any setting. His breath was heavy and hot with a thick fume of Djed, warped and tasked into Hypnotic weavings.

Another emotional response would come first, this one to assist in properly introducing his proposal. The tender words would incite a charge of pleasure to reassure the Frydenese. Miro's voice rang out clear, confident, and most of all with a stern conviction that could only be identified as truth. "Ender, my partner, my life, my friend, I have a sincere message for you. For long now I have withheld proper respect from you. I have abused you, scorned you, and I fear that I have lost your trust. I wish to mend all of these transgressions, but of course this can not be done with just words." A faint smirk appeared beneath the Mask of Many, but not for the reason of sincerity. Another spell was being shaped, another emotion to be pushed, another piece to set the stage upon which he would act. Atop affection and pleasure there would be one more feeling put in place. This time it was relief, again channeled through words Ender so longed for.

"You are more powerful than any have seen, or even given you credit for. Not long before you met, I was much the same as you. I was an Ice Reimancer, one who hadn't the chance to be acknowledged. Only a choice few recognized any potential in me at all. There was however one in particular who lifted me to a greater height than I had ever reached before. He initiated me into the first magic learned since I was a fledgling, and for that I was more than grateful than he ever knew." People around had given a few crass stares, but it was hardly unusual. They all expected someone of his appearance to act crazy anyways. The wizard stopped for a moment after finishing the last part and closed his eyes. This appeared as him caught deep within emotion, but really served the purpose of allowing him to load another Hypnotic pulse of relief. This casting stronger than all those that came before it.

"I wish to do this same favor to you. Teach you Hypnotism, and not just that, but much more. Nurture all of your magic until you are as powerful as I. Give to you all that is mine, and help you to find things to be just yours." Miro could feel a tension in his dead heart, and he knew his manipulation had hit its mark. He would cinch the collar firmly with a final Hypnotic casting, this time a dual working. Both an emotional response and suggestion would be left to settle in Ender's mind. The wizard held the Familiar to his chest with eyes closed as spoke once again. This time his charged voice rang out with pride. "You are my greatest asset, and I will develop a unity between us unlike any seen in the world before. Truly none are more fit to stand by my side for the rest of eternity."

Miro opened his eyes and silently stared down at the icy manacle for a while. His eyes built Djed and slowly loaded a suggestion into his partner's mind, though his eyes remained desolate. A thought would settle into the Irylid's subconscious, "Miro has finally given me what I seek, and now I shall return the favor." And with it there was no more Hypnotic manipulation to be had, but plenty more to be said. However now that nothing "meaningful" needed to be said, he would return to their telepathic communication. "I hope you do realize, now is not the time for that. I intend to teach you all that I can, however not all things can be translated so easily. For instance, if you are to learn the Flux, how might that work without a proper body? If you are able to Morph your form, does it only happen through Reimancy? And of course, to find a way to initiate you into Hypnotism will take some thought as well. Simply said, time is needed to prepare."

Ender was not in the least upset to hear he would have to wait, because his mind was abuzz with how he would abuse the magic. The Irylid knew from their time spent exactly what it meant to be the Chained One's partner. He would need to learn to manipulate, to kill, to advance themselves above all. He knew that his magics were the tools of power and domination, but did not understand what it meant to be wizard. The received pleased feeling in Miro's chest turned sour and moved to unsettle his stomach. His Familiar had been conditioned into viewing their lives through Uldr's chains, and that was something that needed to be fixed. Although much of his master's true personality had been buried, it was built upon a sturdy foundation of discipline and training. To lack such grounding was beyond dangerous.

"Of course Master Miro, I understand indeed. And I shall eagerly await your instructions. I shall strive to become all that you dream for me, and vow to serve you faithfully." Though the tone presented was that same insincerity formerly tapped in Hypnotism. Ender was lying, only looking towards furthering himself. Not only did he see magic as a tool, but Miro too. Given the chance he would enslave the Reimancer. Hypnotism was only the first step in doing so. Though that was not to say Miro's manipulation was not without effect. It had done much indeed. Reaffirmed his partner’s desire to lead, to dominate and obtain power. Confirmed for the creature his master had weakness in him still, and most of all put a thought in his mind. Miro had given him what he needed, shown he had a chance still to be the alpha. Now he would return the favor. Return all of the domination forced on him for so long.

The dark passenger Miro harboured, as expected, finally said its piece. The blackened arm that inhabited the wizard’s flesh and whispered chaos in his mind. Never did it miss an opportunity to corrupt and cause mischief. And nothing did it hate more than Ender. ”The Ice is definitely beyond repair, at least by mundane treatment. There is but one answer, and one that we together have danced about before. Not just Hypnotism in its plain passive form, but a brutal application. A session of Glyphing, stockpiling, bombardment. Conditioning in its most concentrated form, and we both know it to be required. It is not something that can be avoided any longer, with you finally giving in to its demands. The Ice lied, cheated, and no longer is honoring your original agreement. If it will modify the deal, so must you.“ The words ringing so true, they might as well have been in his own mind’s voice. What Ink said was obvious and acknowledged fully.

It was about this time the wizard felt a hand grasp his sleeve and tug at it. His immediate reaction was one of defense, or maybe more that of revenge, but was quickly quelled. He was to remain peaceful, at least in appearance. The familiar hurried voice that followed it quickly revealed who exactly it was, and why he was wise not to end their life. "Miro-boy, time to go. Come on, with me, now. Let's go, let's go. Get a move on, into the boat. Your delivery is in, the one you've been waiting on. Fresh in from Alvadas, there is a man waiting for you nearby. We don't want to keep him waiting, and I do hope you brought your money. I believe you promised to pay well for such a thing. Oh, and you will have to pay the courier too." A hoarse cackle was released as the Ravosalaman stepped back into his vessel. He urged along the wizard once more with impatient waving of his hand. "Haven't all day, do we? Let's not miss our meeting now. It was quite the challenge to find you."

Miro followed the man, and in just a short time they were upon the meeting place. It was a mostly unfamiliar place, though he knew at least it was the Plaza of Dark Delights. A dull dark place, void of people, all except one. He was hardly a plain looking man, especially out of place in Ravok. Definitely seemed the type for Alvadas. Or at least something of the sort. His clothes stood out, a bit of class, but did not hold that oddity about it. At least, not like one would expect to see in Alvadas. Here he would likely turn heads. And his posture was like that of a classy Zeltivan. Quite the odd character, almost reminded the wizard of somebody he knew. In fact, it was the person previously mentioned to his Familiar. Alric, the overly polite wizard, and a powerful Hypnotist. There was not another man like him in Alvadas, though after parting ways they never met again. It was assumed he’d met with the same fate as Kinneas and many other Alvads. A cruel death at the hands of Ionu.

The Chained One heaved a sigh and closed his eyes for a moment. He began to produce Res under his cloak and prepare for what must come next. He opened his eyes to see his prize, the skull he so desperately needed. It was a trophy, and as he had recently found out, one that could be used in Malediction. It could create a powerful tool or weapon in the right hands. Renzy cleared his throat suggestively and held out his hand. "I did a damn good job, found ya and delivered ya fast. And lately your tips have been light, leaving me hungry." Always after that same tip he had gotten from Miro on his arrival, the routine had grown old. Not only that, but the wizard was in need of a good tormenting. He'd been taken advantage of for long enough, bit his tongue, and no longer was it an option.

Snarled teeth and a harsh glare were turned at the Ravosalaman. Their eyes met, and the Hypnotist flooded Djed at the man through the emotion of fear. Locked in the moment, Renzy did not move or even blink. He knew just what the wizard was, but had grown far too accustomed to being around him. Miro grasped the man by his shirt and redirected Djed from both of his legs into his arm and lifted the man up. The use of the Flux easily gave Miro enough strength to suspend the man in the air, though it upset the balance of the boat. This would be resolved quickly, but effectively. He spoke in a coarse hiss of a voice, caught somewhere between a whisper and a yell. ”I am not paying you anything! Not now, nor ever again! But you will continue to provide your service to me. And if you appear to be avoiding me, or if you displease me in any way, I will kill you. A death far from quick and painless.” And the man was tossed overboard and hit the water with a loud heavy splash.

The boat shook violently for a moment, and for an instant balance was lost. Just as quickly the Flux in the undead’s body reached equilibrium and he evened himself out. Renzy surfaced and splashed about, his face coated with shock at what had happened. Miro scoffed at the pitiful sight before he hopped off the boat. ”Leave this place, you fool of a man.” His attention turned back to the mystery courier. ”Sorry for that business. Damn Ravosalamen never know how to treat a customer.” He hadn’t any more Hypnotism in him, so instead he attempted a friendly face. ”I am Miro, Hero of Alvadas, and that is my skull.” He pointed at the object sought. ”A trophy I took from a glorious victory in the Akeldama Colosseum. I see you wandered into Avain Manor. I don’t know what business you had there, but I am glad you did and took my offer. I sure hope the place is holding up well. At least, you know, well enough.”

It was getting to be about that time. The Chained One would soon have another kill stain his aura, though the Ravosala would need to disappear first. That and he was eager to hear of this man from Alvadas. Find an update on the city, what hardships encountered perhaps. Maybe even torture him a bit first. Perhaps even there was a tinge of remorse in killing an Alvad who had done him a favor, but he was certainly not paying out several hundred Miza. Another check over this man was given. There was certainly something familiar about him. His enchanting eyes perhaps, or maybe just his presence. ”Well, you know my name, kind stranger. Might I ask yours before we get down to business?” The stash of Res was drawn to fill the sleeve of his robe. He offered a hand to be shook, but was ready for anything. At any moment now he may have to strike. At this range lava would work well.
Miro
Not quite Nuit, just a little undead.

Words: 1238727
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2011, 7:52 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Reunited at Last (Miro)

Postby Alric Wilmot on September 24th, 2013, 3:27 pm

Alric had found the place easier than he expected, mostly due to his being accustomed to a shifting city. Here in Ravok, everything seemed so still. The streets, the buildings, the water. Zeltiva and Syliras, Alric admitted did not shift as Alvadas did, but they still seemed vibrant and full of life. Ironically, they seemed more chaotic. Ravok, however, was a city full of seemingly well-behaved people quietly shuffling from place to place. In short, Alric had found Ravok a city or surprising order. He had mingled briefly with citizens, to get a feel for the populace. He had expected much worse. The people here were petty, manipulative, and liars. But they put on such a convincing facade of normality, Alric truly had his doubts about which god ruled here. Certainly not the Rhysol he knew.

Still, it had been a surprisingly pleasant stay so far. It was completely unlike Alvadas, in that while danger still lurked at every corner, it at least had the decency to pretend that it wasn't. Alric yawned and stretched, looking over the streets and canals. The spot he had been told to wait was void of life, and very quiet. Of course, that wasn't enough to lull an Alvadian into a sense of security. Everyone knew that the quieter and nicer a place seemed, the more dangerous it was. Ravok was a prime example. Although, due to the absence of people, Alric had discontinued his cloud of apathy. Even though it took little of his power at the moment, he imagined wasting any djed was a bad thing. He was no stranger to bouts of delusion. He still got red in the face from actually thinking a Nuzem could attack him on dry land.

Alric turned his head about when he heard the splash of something big falling into the canals. He saw a man there, in the gloom, looking over a boat with a Ravosalaman coughing and sputtering as he came up for air. Alric couldn't make out details, but he decided to be wary. He had yet to be accosted in this city, but that did not mean it wouldn't happen. He tapped into his mark and created an illusion of himself right where he stood, while he turned himself invisible and stood back a few feet. If the man wished murder, then he would have a more difficult time of it at least. Alric had the illusion-Alric step forward and peer into the gloom of the canal. He himself did the same, though from a few feet away.

What he saw left him horrified. The man, if that was what it was, had a black skull over his face, or was his face. He couldn't tell which. It had several red carvings all over it, in intricate designs. The creature wore a red robe decorated with blue triangles over its body, and appeared to only have one arm. Though, when he turned to face the illusion-Alric, Alric saw that he did have both arms. Though one was tucked within his robe, and appeared to be broken. Alric looked harder at the creature from his invisible hiding spot, and saw that the creature did have eyes within the deep eye-sockets of the skull. They were a cold grey, and Alric did not much care for how they seemed intent on harm.

Alric was about to turn and flee, leaving his illusion-Alric behind to distract the creature when it opened its maw and began to speak.

"Sorry for that business. Damn Ravosalamen never know how to treat a customer. I am Miro, Hero of Alvadas, and that is my skull.”
the creature pointed to illusionary skull held on the illusionary Alric's hands. "A trophy I took from a glorious victory in the Akeldama Colosseum. I see you wandered into Avain Manor. I don’t know what business you had there, but I am glad you did and took my offer. I sure hope the place is holding up well. At least, you know, well enough.”

Alric remained silent as the creature got out of the boat and started toward the illusion-Alric at a leisurely pace. Alric had dealt with many strange and horrible things, just as anyone on Mizahar did. It was an unmistakable part of life that terrible things would happen as often as the wonderful. But even so, despite all Alic had seen and faced, this was by far the most ludicrous. Alric had prided himself on never truly being surprised. He had been born and raised in a city where it could rain pudding one day, and the next have five suns. Alric had grown believing that nonsense was just as sensible as anything else. But this was too much. That... creature, was most certainly not Miro. It couldn't be. Miro was an eager young wizard, that had shared Alric's immature goals and lust for knowledge. Miro was the hero of Alvadas, according to others who had witnessed the event. How could this thing possibly be Miro?

But of course, Alric wasn't to discount it completely. He hadn't believed that Wrename was alive, or crazy. Both had proven true. He hadn't been entirely sure his father was in Zeltiva, but he had been. He had seen Alvadas torn asunder twice, if Alric had learned anything, it was that anything was possible. Alric had the illusion-Alric lift up his hand, in a gesture of waiting. Alric stepped close to illusionary double, since he would have to do the speaking. He had the illusion mimic his moves, if this was Miro, then Alric was going to make sure. After all, the real Miro might still be around, wanting his skull. Perhaps this thing was a rival wizard? One that had gone mad? Alric didn't know. And in typical Alric fashion, he was going to find out.

"Wait, I know Miro. You my friend, appear quite a different sort. I won't discount you based on your appearance, after all, to do so is a sin of the highest caliber for those of us who follow the Trickster. So allow me to ascertain the truth. If you speak truly, then you and I may be more than strangers. If you are attempting to deceive me, do not assume I will be easy prey. I am the Last Wilmot, and I am a far more formidable opponent than I appear."

Alric decided to extend his influence to the creature, man, thing. He sent it in unassumingly, as the strange ringing sound that sometimes appeared in one's ears. Feelings of confirmation, as if one could tell that the truth was being spoken. He sent in a hint of fear, more approximate to caution and wariness. Finally he sent in a small unconscious thought, a suggestion to briefly touch the consciousness. Be Compliant.

"If you truly are Miro, then why do you wear a skull upon your head? Remove it, and let me see your face."
Alric briefly remembered that some magic of an unknown kind had the ability to alter looks. If this man was rival to Miro, attempting to steal his skull, then the removal of the one upon his head might not be enough.

"And, answer these questions while you're at it. What is my name, my full name? And, where did Miro say my father might be located approximately one year ago? Lastly, tell me who exactly Miro fought and defeated to save Alvadas."
Last edited by Alric Wilmot on September 25th, 2013, 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm Speaking"
Alric Wilmot
The Last Wilmot

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Reunited at Last (Miro)

Postby Miro on September 25th, 2013, 6:18 am

Miro was slightly shocked to hear he was known. At first he thought perhaps it was based on his merit as hero, but still wondered if it could be. The familiar presence, the name Wilmot, it was coming back to him. One thing was certain though, he was who he claimed to be. The Mask of Many was as much his face as anything, and the request to remove it was not possible. However he knew this man, and he could prove it. Alric Wilmot was indeed an old friend, though everything had changed in this time. A sacred oath had been formed between the two, and no longer was killing him an option. Seeing as the Alric the undead knew was a Hypnotist, it was likely he would be giving away some money in the end.

Things could go horribly wrong if he acted wrong here and he was forced to harm a respected ally. He would do everything in his power to remove all doubts and explain their time apart. He grasped his face with a spread hand. His black claws clicking against the bone of the mask. "This is the Mask of Many, an item bought from Karash of Divine Legacy. As the rumors hint, items from there are cursed. It is now my face, unable to be removed. However it would not matter if I could show my face. Miro died in Alvadas, even before he was named hero. That is not to say I am not him. To answer your last question, it was Drysalla that Miro fought in Alvadas. And it was her who took his life. However Uldr saved his soul from Dira. He gave him a new body, greater power, and enlisted him in the ranks of the undead."

The Chained One peeled his robe back to show his arm. "This body you see before you, this arm black and dead, they are the cost of being a hero. I have traveled from city to city following Lhex's plan, and now I arrive in Ravok to meet an old friend. You are Alric, and in truth I had forgotten your family name. If it were not for that particular strangeness about you, I would not have recognized you. Forgive me for losing some of the details, but I remember enough of you to convince you of my identity." The Reimancer willed his Res to flow from his sleeve and float into the air. "The same aqua Res that initiated you. Not only ice anymore, but all elements. I have mastered the discipline, and worked to follow the same path in Hypnotism. Your gift to me."

The fluid substance slid back into its master's robe and out of sight. "And you, have you followed a similar path? Done your family proud, trained well in your chosen disciplines, become an accomplished Reimancer? It was a rare gift to be given, and I hope one not wasted. We have much to catch up on, and even business between us. As I am sure there is much still for me to learn of Hypnotism, as I too expect your Reimancy skills could benefit from my instruction. And there is the matter of payment for my trophy. Originally I had planned to simply kill whoever may deliver it to save myself the cost, but I wouldn't dream of harming you." A sly smirk grew on the wizard's face. If memory served, Alric used his Hypnotism to condition behavior for a living. This could be exactly what was needed to fix Ender.

The wizard motioned his clawed hand at the skull. "Would you mind delivering it a little further dear friend? I have but only one arm, and would be quite bothersome to struggle with it. I have a special gift waiting at my home, just for you. A unique reward that can not be found anywhere else. Magically enhanced armor, and quite stylish too. Should look fine upon you, complimenting your clothes nicely. And the protection is top notch." He now waved his hand to urge the Hypnotist along. "Come, come, see what I have in store for you. And do tell me how you've been friend. All of your struggles and triumphs since last we saw one another. My residence is not far from here." Miro waited for approval and readied to lead them to his room. It was but a few blocks from the place, but plenty of time to catch up with friendly conversation.
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Reunited at Last (Miro)

Postby Alric Wilmot on September 25th, 2013, 3:03 pm

Alric nearly scoffed at the creature when he heard it say that the mask could not come off. It was utterly convenient that Alric thought it an obvious lie. Until he named Drysalla, Alric thought himself being played. But that knowledge was not common, and was not soon to be known to a Ravokian. Alric left the illusion be as his own face was struck with shock at the mention of Miro's death. He had lost contact with him right after the storm, but the stories others told were of a walking man, not a corpse. And then the creature, as if reading his mind, claimed that Uldr had raised Miro from the dead.

Alric did not believe it. The excuses were too...perfect. They explained things too neatly. Alric was about to simply walk away, and leave the illusion the only company for the man who claimed to be Miro. That is, until he heard his name. The creature had spoken his name! He turned back, and quickly ran through his conversation. He had claimed to be a Wilmot, but had never once said his name was Alric. All at once, Alric began to fear that this thing truly was Miro. It seemed absurd, though, and even now he was not completely sure. But, yet again, the man who had not truly believed spoke of things he could not have known. The initiation, the aqua colored res. Even touching on Miro's affinity for ice. He left the question conerning Alric's father alone, but even so, Alric's doubts had vanished. Unless there was some magic that could read the mind, this thing... really was Miro.

Alric's eyes watered then, filled with grief for his friend. Alric had comforted himself in his despair by telling himself that at least one of his friends was still living. Now even that was not completely true. A renewed sense of purpose flooded Alric, his goal was true now, he knew. This world was cruel and filled with hardship, and only illusions kept it pleasant. Even now, his friend Miro wore the illusion of life. Alric stepped into his illusory self then, and wiped his tears before they fell. Things may have changed, but Alric was not about to spurn his friend. He let both illusions vanish then, quite sure that Miro was none the wiser.

"And you, have you followed a similar path? Done your family proud, trained well in your chosen disciplines, become an accomplished Reimancer? It was a rare gift to be given, and I hope one not wasted. We have much to catch up on, and even business between us. As I am sure there is much still for me to learn of Hypnotism, as I too expect your Reimancy skills could benefit from my instruction. And there is the matter of payment for my trophy. Originally I had planned to simply kill whoever may deliver it to save myself the cost, but I wouldn't dream of harming you."

Alric couldn't keep all the emotion form his voice, but did the best he could as he answered.

"Miro my friend, I'm afraid I never quite got anywhere with reimancy. I could make the res, but we were separated before you could instruct me on how to convert it into the elements. I was not clever enough to do it myself, I'm afraid. I have become quite the accomplished hypnotist, however. Though, how accomplished, I do not know. I've only ever met one other hypnotist, and have no idea how to measure one's skill in the ability. As for my family... that is partly why I am here. I'll discuss it at a later time. Oh, and don't worry about the business. The only reason I did this was to meet you again. Alvadas, I'm afraid, holds nothing more for me."

Alric decided not to address the fact that Miro had planned to murder someone. It seemed perfectly legal here, and the concept of fooling one man into harm when promising prosperity was used rather liberally by Ionu. Miro seemed to ignore him as he spoke further of a reward as Alric handed over the skull and walked alongside his rather altered friend. After all this time, no matter how odd it was, Alric was glad to have finally reunited with someone. Though, he didn't much care that each reuniting attempt was also a murder attempt. His memories of his brief time with Wrenmae came to his head before he dismissed them. Alric would change that one day. One day there would be no murder, because no one would die. He wasn't sure how he was going to bring about his perfect world. But it would be done. Unlike his previous two goals, this one just felt right somehow.

He was broken out of his thoughts by the skull-faced Miro.

"Come, come, see what I have in store for you. And do tell me how you've been friend. All of your struggles and triumphs since last we saw one another. My residence is not far from here."

"I doubt my struggles are all that interesting compared to yours. But if that will make you happy, I am not one to deny you. I became a member of the Speakers for a time. Dealt mostly with petty thieves and one very annoying public urinator. Got into a scuffle with some goat men once, then another time I faced a pack of Yukman. That was quite an interesting day, actually. I meet an Inartan woman, who was quite fun to talk with. She taught me how to ride a horse, though I'm still quite the amateur. I got your letter around that time, and went to Zeltiva, suspending my status as a Speaker.

As it turns out, the man was my father. He died of his wounds before I could get there, unfortunately."

Alric decided to leave his business with his adopted brother stay private, it was not something he wanted to advertise. The one moment when his hypnotism proved so completely useless and powerless, was not one he wished to share. But, well Miro ought to at least hear about his year long sleep. It might be embarrassing, but it explained why Alric had done nothing to search him out, or anyone out.

" I was... a bit of a mess at the time, and I attempted to hypnotize myself to get some sleep. I had done so before mind you, so I thought I could handle it. But I worded it wrong, told myself to sleep off the grief. I just woke up this summer. The Inartan had been traveling with me, but had left during my sleep. I don't know where she is now. I went back to Alvadas, and was dismayed to find that I was no longer a speaker. Honestly I was lucky not to get arrested. I had been allowed to leave for only so many weeks. In the end, I decided to reconnect with my faith and join the clergy. Serve a higher power.

That... didn't work out. I was rejected and I spent about a week trying to prove myself holy. It was quite a bit of fun, but I'm not sure Ionu even noticed. At the end of the week i saw your post on the Avian Manor. I realized then that I had nothing left in Alvadas. My job was gone, my friends were dead or scattered, my home was destroyed, and my only living family was dead. So after a quick prank on Cadmus, I came here. Now, here I am, and you're all caught up."

Alric gave a weak chuckle, trying to force himself to be more joyful. The city, for all its strangeness still seemed to exude a sense of solemnity. And it made the chuckle seem out of place. Alric normally did not notice such things, but Ravok was a city with an odd temperament. He still did not know its attitude. Alric's laughter died quicker than it had come.
"I'm Speaking"
Alric Wilmot
The Last Wilmot

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Reunited at Last (Miro)

Postby Miro on September 26th, 2013, 2:09 am

Miro led the way to his apartment as Alric explained his story. By the time he had finished the bit about his father's death, the undead had opened the door and ushered his friend in. As the door shut behind him, his mind was brought back. Going to Zeltiva, to follow up on the rumor. So much had happened since then, and Alric had almost entirely been forgotten. How much had he forgotten since putting Alvadas out of his mind? And then to hear about the Hypnotist's stasis. Once before the Reimancer had attempted Self-Hypnotism. He too experienced the risks it held.

There was something innocent about his old friend. The tip Miro had given him, he didn't hear back for so long. Eventually he forgot where his friend even disappeared to. But he had only just woken and returned to Alvadas. Alric had only recently finished grieving from his father's death, and found no luck in Alvadas after. He too felt the need to leave the city. Found the note, took the skull, and now he was here. The same old Alric, and a completely different Miro. It seemed his friend was lost in life, and came in search of him. A great surprise, and perhaps even enough to be called a gift. Alric was a skilled wizard, and a noble friend.

"I guess I have more to explain to you. You are the same Alric I left, yet I am a new man. This body is a more divine version of the one you knew. Uldr really outdid himself with me. I am able to react and control this body beyond the limitations of the living. Not only that, but I am undead, no longer sleep, eat, breath. And this form always heals to exactly how I am now. The arm, well, that is the sacrifice that saved the city. I could have any wish, and the only one I could make was to taint my body. But luckily I haven't been alone. Have you ever seen one of these?"

Miro flailed his wrist outward, as if to shoo Ender off his wrist. This would be the test to see how far they had come since Sahova. Though something was strange, the Irylid clung to his wrist. Not only that, but the wizard felt something brushing against his arm beneath his robe. He had hoped the empathetic bond had conveyed his desire for the creature to act well-behaved, no doubt being ignored. Not only that, but there was a tension being given back from the creature. "Ender, release yourself from my arm. Introduce yourself, c'mon, you're making me look crazy." The Familiar finally yielded, snapping from his master's wrist in his natural form of an orb.

Ender drifted away, and Miro felt something move within his sleeve. A booming unearthly voice splashed across the room. The Familiar spoke in a tone never heard before. "The returned favor starts now. None is more fit to stand by your side for eternity than me. And it is time I take my role in your life as your means of power. None shall take my place at your side, and none shall escape with their life for trying!" A white shard of condensed Res slipped out from the Reimancer's sleeve and aimed its tip directly at Alric. The spell accelerated towards the man's gut, and was large enough to fatal. Just before making contact the Irylid transmuted the substance to ice. There was almost nothing that could be done to avoid it.

And if Miro was any slower to tap his Ice Reaving and melt the spell, it could have well taken his friend's life. Instead of a piercing shaft of ice, at most Alric would be met with a soaking torrent of water knock the wind from his gut. The Chained One however had enough of this. There was no choice but to dominate the creature, for it did not respond well to lenience. He redirected the Djed from his left leg and charged the pathways throughout his right leg. He lunged forward with a leap and reversed the flow of Djed. The Flux traveled from his leg up to his arm, and he grasped the orb from the air. Ender was clenched hard to his masters chest and held firmly. "I don't believe it, he actually tried it this time. You actually attempted to kill someone."

The undead scowled at the Ice, hearing his blackened arm curse in his ear. The whispers told him to throw the creature to the floor, and he did. The Irylid hit the floor with a loud bang, and Miro clenched his head in agony. "This is my Familiar, a creature summoned to our world and bound to me. His life is my life, and if he is damaged, I am too. The damned thing is jealous, possessive, and crazed. I have attempted to quell his madness with Hypnotism, but I fear I haven't it in me to handle it." He placed a foot atop the creature and flowed a slight amount of Djed to empower it. Ender could not do any damage as long as he could only transmute ice.

"Alric, perhaps this comes from a place of desperation, but might you have better luck? I know not what one might be able to accomplish with Hypnotism with of your magnitude. I am able to inspire faint feelings and vague thoughts, but they are shrugged off by only the slightest of doubts. If even they surface at all that is. This is a prime example of my limitations, for I am stuck with Ender for the rest of eternity, and still he acts this way. Bound to him until one of us dies. My Ice Reaving Gnosis saved your life, however had I not been aware of the attack then you would be dead. I have found that with the use of Glyphing I am greatly able to increase my influence, but apparently not enough. Perhaps you will have more luck with it."

There was still the issue of paying for Alric's services, but the fact that Ender had tried to kill him made it a priority. And the Irylid had given likely Alric enough reason to Hypnotize him. It would just be that it was apparent and against his will. This would make such a task harder indeed. At least for now he was still and silent beneath his master's foot. If it was necessary, Alric would be further compensated, perhaps even with Miza. But regardless, the fact that he hadn't the ability to transmute any element was embarrassing. Miro's students should all be powerful or dead. He had prevented the latter from happening, so he would ensure the former. It was also a fine way of earning favor. Perhaps even his offer to show off Glyphing would be impressive and alluring.
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Reunited at Last (Miro)

Postby Alric Wilmot on September 26th, 2013, 11:45 pm

Alric's eyes widened as wide as saucers at the near death experience. He'd been wary, and cautious, he thought. But nearly as soon as he had dropped his illusion, he'd been attacked. And by something he'd never seen before. Miro called it a familiar. Ender, apparently, was its name. A small mirror-like ball, that had limited power over the creation of ice. Normally Alric would be more intrigued if the thing hadn't attempted to kill him. Of all things Alric owned, his life was the most precious, anything that threatened him needed to be removed. One way of the other.

Alric built up a great deal of djed into his eyes and throat, ready to recondition the ball, even before Miro suggested it. Alric paused then, not used to others knowing of his ability. Miro had saved his life, he had no doubt about that. But this thing was intrinsically tied to Miro, and Alric wasn't sure what all a familiar's abilities entailed. By Alric's own admission, his undead status was the work of Uldr, not this negligent ball. But could a familiar influence its host? If Alric altered the ball, would he altering Miro? Alric pushed the thoughts away. This, "Ender" had attempted to end him. No one who ever assaulted Alric was left unaltered, lest they try and do the same some other day.

"I have no idea how much you've grown in the art, Miro. It may be that you are greater than me. But if what you say is true, it seems likely to me that you have yet to induce a trance? It would be beneficial if we were to truly correct Ender's behavior. I am, unfamiliar with what all a familiar is or can do. My magical knowledge is limited despite my desire for it. But I gather from what you say that you two are linked in some way. If that's the case, I wonder if this thing might have been corrupting you? You don't seem quite like the Miro I knew...uh, in behavior. Not, you know, appearance."

Alric gave a sigh and kneeled down to the orb, as he did so, the familiar began to wriggle under Miro's foot, though as Miro increased the pressure, the wiggling lessened. Though, not completely.

"Although, I suppose being undead might be the cause of your shift in personality. If it happens to the Nuit, I suppose it can happen to whatever the undead of Uldr call themselves."

Alric brushed the sphere's surface, sending an emotional surge of calm into it. The wiggling stopped, for a moment. Though as Alric's hands retreated, it came back, stronger than it had been. Alric frowned then. Ender was a willful soul it seemed. It would most definitely need a trance if what Alric was about to do had any permanence. Alric had forced changes of personality in the past without trances, but he knew they were merely temporary. And from what Alric could gather, Miro had already attempted basic hypnotic practices. Ender had always reverted apparently. Alric was briefly jealous that Miro had seemingly conquered the basics of hypnotism, while he had done nothing to further his reimancy. Though he knew he had only himself to blame.

Alric ran his hands through his hair as he thought more about how to go about this. He'd never aimed for a long lasting change in personality before, he wasn't sure how to start. At last he decided to start as he always did. He sat down in a cross legged position in front of the sphere and motioned for Miro to stay as he was. Alric didn't want the thing to retaliate. He took in a deep breath and felt his djed pulse inside him. As he began to speak, he laced his words with djed, and expanded his sphere of influence to include Ender.

"Ender, what you must understand is that Miro cares for you, and only wants to help you. I am not, nor can I ever be your replacement. I am but a mortal, destined to die and be forgotten, though you and your master will live for eternity."

Alric bit his tongue at that. Again he was filled with a sort of jealousy. Mortality was not something he enjoyed. But for this instance, he would make use of it.

"It is obvious to me that you are quite the accomplished creature, I certainly couldn't produce ice from nothing like that. In fact not many could. And I need not tell you that most of my kind, humans, cannot transform such as you? Think of it, Ender, you have more power and life ahead of you than any of my kind. Including me. You will be Miro's companion after I have died and he has forgotten my name."

At this It seemed the ball had begun to stay more still, as if intent on listening to what Alric had to say. Alric went on.

"Now, given that, my friend, we need to discuss something very important. You are out of control, defying Miro and making your relationship strained. You are putting yourself first, and that never works in friendships. You will be bound to a man who is essentially a stranger for all of eternity. And if that should come to pass, I will not envy you. That fate will be misery, and will only lead to stifling not only Miro's prowess, but yours as well. Miro's life is your life, Ender. You will share life for a long while. Your life, is Miro's life. Miro's life is your life. His friends are your friends..."

Alric reached out a hand, and touched the orb. The struggling then was so violent that Alric thought Miro might let Ender loose, but he did not waver.

"And I am your friend."

Alric flooded the small ball with a plethora of emotions ranging from tranquility, agreement, joy, ecstasy, euphoria, and even a gentle contentment. The wiggling stopped, and Alric continued to pour the emotions in for a good five seconds. He took his hand off the ball then, and sent in one small emotion while removing the others. This one was more a response than a surge. It was a feeling of regret, longing, and loneliness. This was to make Ender associate Alric even more with the concept of friendship. But this was a small change, Alric feared. Changing the familiar's outlook would be more difficult than altering his attitude.

Alric briefly rubbed his hands together.

"You are now undoubtedly weary, Ender. Weary of me, of this conversation. Of trying to serve your master and only causing him anger. You are weary and disheartened. You have tried so many times, undoubtedly. It has come to this then, that you need my help. And you do need it. Make no mistake. But do not fret, do not worry, do not hate me. Just listen. Listen and relax, my words are a heavy weight pressing down upon your form, yet they are comforting. We both know this is for the best, because at the end, you will have made Miro happy. And a happy Miro, means a happy you. So stay-"

Alric leaned over and tapped Ender then, feeling him once more with a flood of emotions. Weariness, grogginess, relaxation, and an over-all state of being that made it very hard to think too hard on anything. He did not know if Ender had the possibility to truly feel the same way a human might, but if he did, this was the thing to tip him over into a trance, if the possibility existed.

"-still"

Alric leaned back into his original position as he saw Ender cease all movement. He looked at Miro, with a look in his eye asking for silent confirmation that Ender was not faking it. Alric didn't feel particularly inclined to be skewered by inattention.
"I'm Speaking"
Alric Wilmot
The Last Wilmot

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Reunited at Last (Miro)

Postby Miro on September 27th, 2013, 12:19 pm

Ender was humiliated to be forcibly restrained within his master's arm, unable to break free. Devastated when slammed down to the floor, knowing well how it would harm them both. Miro simply did not care, likely regressing their progress made today. He could only think to blame Alric for this all. "If only I had killed him, Miro would have no choice but to acknowledge me. There would be only the choice to accept what had happened, embrace me and my power." And finally having being held down by a Flux empowered foot made him angry. Spiteful for the man who still had his life. The one that caused conflict and put them all at odds.

And to hear it admitted, that Miro had been using Hypnotism on Ender. To be talked about like some monster, as if Alric would ever truly accept the Chained One if he knew the truth. It was all a set up. The Irylid was sure of this. His master had used Hypnotism to prompt him to act rashly so that the Hypnotist would be forced to act. Miro never cared to embrace Ender for power, no, this was his ultimate play at domination. If there was any pride left in the Familiar, which there was, he would fight it. A faint coating of Res was produced and transmuted to water. An attempt to add the necessary slickness to his surface and escape. He focused hard on the thought of moving harder and wished his strength greater. There had to be something that could be done.

Ender concentrated on his Djed, on his kernel, the source of his movement abilities. He focused the strength of his body to that, as if to draw all strength inwards. The idea of it consumed him, drew in his mind entirely, until he felt something actually happen. His vision faded bit by bit, yet he felt an empowering deep within. And though he struggled to break free, he found no such progress. If he did not escape soon he feared his mind being lost to Hypnotism. He would become more slave than partner. The way the executioner was inquiring about the nature of their bond, his time was short. The man was already knelt down and observing, and the pressure on the Familiar's surface increased. More Djed was obviously being redirected to cope with the valiant struggle under foot.

Miro was not at all pleased to see his partner resist so, and wished he would just accept his fate. Ender was never suited to be paired with a wizard, and in trying only lost himself. Without doubt, such a burden should be lifted, even if it meant the creature would lose his former personality. After all, it was his only true flaw. He was exceptionally bright, skillful, and even wise. With a few modifications on his outlook he would be the perfect companion. It had been a long time coming, and such an event as to have Alric assist was a godsend. Lhex had done the wizard a great service in writing this event. Though Alric was still unwilling to accept his friend could have fallen so far. The choice whether to disillusion him or not hung in the air. Such an act could be considered an offense to an Alvad.

But his friend deserved to know the truth, though as always, the truth in slant. "Alric, do not worry about what you will do to me. Though there is a link between our minds, each is its own. However, this creature is only in part to blame for my personality shift. The Miro you knew was daft, and his eyes were clouded by innocence. Ionu and Uldr did well to lift this veil. Being told a prophecy, endorsed by the legendary Elementals of the Ristage, then slain by illusion itself. And in recreating my body, Uldr added something to my mind. I am chained to some of my darker desires. I crave the power to dominate, and am oft left without choice but to seek such opportunities. And at that, I consider you both a master and an apprentice to me. There is much for us to do if you have not found your potential in Reimancy."

The undead shrugged to his friend. "Truly there is no shame in not having your affinity discovered. For me I meditated along side each element and practiced manipulation of my Res until finally I was ready. It takes instruction, and the same can be said for Hypnotism as well. I haven't yet been able to induce a trance. But perhaps with some instruction I may come to realize this ability for myself." He was however quite eager to see what was in store for his Familiar. He watched Alric for the sign that he would continue on. Before long it seemed he was onto something, already started with his Hypnotic process.

It was actually quite calming as Miro stared at the Hypnotist ready his conditioning. Enough that the wizard released his use of the Flux and lightened his hold on his Familiar. Though the Irylid was still too. At least for a moment he was still. Ender noticed the lightened pressure and made an inspired escape attempt. However just as quickly Miro responded with an even stronger redirection of Flux, this time pulling from his arm and other leg both. And then Alric began speaking magical words. The way he spoke, it was as if he was simply telling him what he would feel.

Could a Hypnotist truly become that powerful? Everything he said, it was so simple, yet so idealistic. Encouraging and disciplinary both. Just the inspiring realization of hope Ender needed. Everything explained logical, yet an equal part manipulative. Miro continued to watch, waiting for something to happen. Could Alric really put Ender in a trance this way? It almost seemed to work too. The Irylid went still, and the Hypnotist seemed to believe he had done it. Miro released his redirection and slowly lifted his foot. No reaction at all. He reached down and grabbed the creature in his hand, and still it did not move.

The wizard focused hard on their connecting, sensing for any movement. His mind was unnaturally still, and he felt a severed emotional connection to it. It was as if the creature was asleep, an usual feeling to experience for the first time. He tossed the orb into the air and watched it fall back to his hand due to gravity's influence. To be handled like this without any emotional uprising, Ender was not faking it. "You've done it, he is completely unresponsive." Miro placed the icy orb on the bed and walked to his wardrobe. "Great, that is solved. If he is put in a mental stasis, we can continue our business." He looked down at the skull placed next to his wardrobe with a smirk.

What he had in store for Alric was a gift made specifically for Miro. It would be a banner to represent their alignment, or at least the Reimancer would see it that way. He pulled open the wardrobe door and took out a heavy silver robe. It was long enough to drift low enough to almost scrape the floor on Alric, and on its back was a large Ouroboros. The garment was Alchemically modified to be a perfect mix of steel and cloth, making it heavy, though quite reliable for defense. The metallic silver shone brightly in the light pouring in from the window. "This is a Steel-Cloth Cloak, a master product of Alchemy. It is a robe made of steel that behaves as a fabric."

The undead placed it on the bed for Alric to take when he was ready. "I do not have the Miza promised, though I can offer you priceless rewards. This robe is yours if you will take it, and I hope you can realize its value. It is unique, and a powerful invention of world magic. There is only one man who can create this product. I would also like to extend an invitation to learn Reimancy from me. As long as you are willing to learn, I shall teach. That is the promise of an initiation from me." And with that settled they could continue with Ender. From here a few decisions needed to be made. The use of Glyphing could greatly enhance magic's effect, but was not always necessary.

"Okay, Alric, tell me what comes now. If I am understanding correctly, now is the time to Hypnotize him. I have in the past attempted conditioning by creating a sigil containing a collection of Hypnotism spells all centered around a theme. Each of the individual spells was a push in the direction of the scroll, and their effects joined for greatly enhanced effect. Even with my meager skills, the effects were immediately noticeable. Although I will admit quite temporary. And there is also need for us to discuss exactly what Ender needs to embrace to become my perfect partner. I rightly do not care how it is done, as long as the end result suits me."

The Chained One grinned and walked over the the orb on the bed. "Of course, even if we do take the route of Glyphing, still I shall directly Hypnotize him. But to be quite honest, I am eager to see what you can do. If I can be of any service to you, do let me know. Apart from that, I shall follow your lead. Just remember, Ender needs to learn obedience absolute. To follow his master's will, serve me, work to match my ideals. He shall embrace my magic, friends, and goals. His only desire shall be to grow closer to his master. Understand him better, so that he may more perfectly serve his cause." Miro dearly hoped that Alric would fix Ender entirely. He had no doubt that it was possible, seeing already what could be accomplished. However even if only the Familiar followed commands, there would be nothing the wizard could complain about.
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Reunited at Last (Miro)

Postby Alric Wilmot on September 29th, 2013, 6:31 pm

Alric breathed a sigh of relief at the orb's inactivity. What an odd creature, truly. Alric was glad that he had left Alvadas, already he was dealing with stranger things than he ever had back at his old home. He knew their were more types of undead other than the Nuit, but he had never met one. Not until today, while reuniting with Miro. He had also never met a familiar before. He knew only what Miro had told him about them. Still, Alric was able to think quickly, and had quickly deduced how a creature such as Ender might feel. It was a necessary part of being a good hypnotist, to read people and situations quickly.

Miro put Ender aside, and moved to do something else. Alric stood up quickly and held out a hand, as if to speak, but decided against it. It was normally against Alric's ethos to leave a patient in the middle of a trance. They were vulnerable in that state, and very suggestible. It had always been Alric's policy to alter them quickly and end the trance before trouble came about. But, as Miro went on, Alric realized that as long as they didn't invoke Ender's name, he should remain in a passive state.

So, Alric kept quiet, and instead listened to his friend, who took advantage of the peace.
He pulled open the wardrobe door and took out a heavy silver robe. It was long enough to scrape the floor on Alric, and on its back was a large Ouroboros. The garment was Alchemically modified to be a perfect mix of steel and cloth, making it heavy, though quite reliable for defense, or so Miro said. The metallic gleam seemed heavenly as the light danced about it. Miro placed it on the bed, obviously meant for Alric to take it when this business was wrapped up.

As Miro went on about rewards, Alric smirked to himself. He had told Miro that he hadn't done it because of any reward, but simply because he had wanted to meet with him again. But it seemed that Miro had a hard time understanding that. Alric just smiled and nodded. Learning reimancy would be welcome at least. Anything to expand Alric's knowledge was reward enough.

As Miro went on, Alric's smile waned. The process with Ender was far from over.

"That technique sounds quite impressive, Miro. But as you've noticed the effects are temporary. It's my guess that the brute force approach allows for instant but quickly dissipating results. I've had the same happen to me. Though I did not use glyphing to instigate them. In truth, I've been hypnotizing him the entire time, laying out a frame of mind to let me work out a personality more suited to the situation. The trick isn't to do away with his own self and insert a new one. That will never work, since the old self is like a weed. It will re-grow and strangle any new personality you've put down.

Instead, I will alter how his mind approaches things. He still may consider me an upstart, but the same qualities that may have made him wish my death, may lead to him becoming a loyal friend. In short, I change his outlook and base line philosophy, his first belief from which everything else stems, and allow him to work out everything from that. Like making a thug care for the needy. You don't change the fact that he sees others as weak. You change what he thinks should be done to the weak. That's what I'll be attempting to do."

As Alric listened to Miro wish for a slave-like familiar, he grew worried. Not for Ender, but for Miro. The Miro he knew was power-hungry, but not at this extreme. At least, he hadn't thought so. Though, perhaps Miro was simply stating the obvious and Alric was reading too much into it. Alric saw the thing like a rabid dog, and you wanted your dog loyal and obedient. Yes, Miro was being perfectly reasonable. Alric was simply still shocked from the all the strangeness.

Alric took a big breath before sitting down again, and taking the ball into his lap. Direct contact throughout would help him force more djed in with less effort. After a quick popping of his neck, Alric set out to work, and gently stroked the surface of the orb.

"Listen to the sound of my voice Ender, listen and know that everything I say is truth. The room you are in, is gone. The furniture, the door, the walls and ceiling? All of them are gone. There is nothing but blackness, Miro, Me, and you. Can you see it? Yes, yes, I know you can. But what's this? Miro is floating away, farther and farther away. With him lie your dreams and hopes, your goals and plans. Everything you desire and strive for is within Miro, and he is floating away in the emptiness.

Now, I am gone as well. I am but a voice. And you are all alone. Save for me. I will help you, guide you. I will lead you to Miro, if you would but listen. Are you listening? Good. Now, in the distance, as faint as he is, is Miro. But in front of him are three walls. These walls are too wide to go around, and too high to climb. We must break them down. Now, go to the first one. Can you see it? I can. On every brick is a relief, each one is depicting events from your life. Every moment of selfishness is recorded on this wall, Ender. This wall is filled with your selfish desires. They are blocking our path to Miro. They are blocking your path to Miro.

Tear down this wall, Ender. You have the power to do so, all you need do is abandon your selfish tendencies. Let them slide off of you, and the wall will crumble. Can you see it now? See it crumbling away at your power? Good, now let us move on to the next wall. This one is your pride. On it are murals, dozens and dozens of them, each one showing a moment of your life where your pride came first. you must abandon your pride as well Ender, let it drop away like a heavy weight. If you do so, the wall will crumble, and only one more obstacle will keep you from Miro."

Alric had been talking quickly, pouring his will and influence into the little ball to drive home every word. This was taking his utmost concentration, and he hadn't noticed the ball of ice shiver and shake as he spoke. It was obviously reacting, but it did not speak. Most of Alric's subjects did not speak, instead nodding their heads or shaking them. Alric was used to working with a face to gauge the reactions of his patients. With Ender he did not have that. Still, Alric knew that the little ball needed some help. So he sent a surge of confidence into him. Not pride, but a feeling of assured victory. When Alric thought it time, he continued to speak.

"Now we come to the last wall, the last obstacle keeping you from Miro and your dreams. This Ender, is your greatest and most powerful enemy. This is your envy. Your lust for what other's possess. You were envious of my position with Miro. You were envious of Miro's powers. You were most likely envious of a great many things. You must let these desires go, and find satisfaction in what you have now. Let your desire for other's attributes and qualities change to admiration. It is impossible to break this wall Ender. I know, for I have one of my own. Instead you must realize that the wall is not made of stone. It is ephemeral, and bends to your will. It keeps you from Miro only so long as you let it. Realize that it is but a goal-post, and that you can achieve all that you envy, without taking or depriving it from others. Be happy that you have this wall Ender. For without it you would not have such clear goals and dreams. Pass through this wall, Ender and realize that it is not Envy, it is ambition.

To pass through this wall Ender, you must abandon your belief in working only for yourself. Miro is as much as you as you are him, now. You work together in symbiosis. But you have confused yourself, become envious of things that were only ever meant to help you. Miro's friends are your friends. Miro's power, is your power. Abandon your pride, your selfishness, and your envy. Obey Miro. He will lead you now.

Can you see him in the distance? He is waiting for you, waiting to lead you on. Obey him from now on, Ender. He will lead you to what you've always desired. Obey Miro."

With that last line said, Alric began to feel a great pull on his djed. Fearing the worst, Alric immediately cut the connection, and began to undo the trance. But all the while he felt a great amount of djed being pulled out of him, and the same message being repeated into Ender over and over again. It was if Ender had become obsessed with that message, and Alric had no control over the amount of power he was forcing into the little sphere. Alric attempted to use his hypnotism to deliver soothing emotions as he had done in the past, but everything was being drained into those last words. At last, it ended, and Alric felt his energy drained. He felt as if he hadn't slept for days, and had just attempted to run. He moved Ender off of him and gave a groan as he laid on the floor and closed his eyes, attempting to rest.

What on Mizahar was that?
"I'm Speaking"
Alric Wilmot
The Last Wilmot

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Reunited at Last (Miro)

Postby Miro on October 7th, 2013, 9:51 pm

Alric had so much to teach, even through just simple interaction. However when he did give advice, it was beyond helpful. Though Miro was sure of one thing, and it was of conditioning. Brute force used consistently was not only effective in the short term, but eventually had some long term applications. He just now realized how it differed from its gentler counterpart and in which ways it was inferior. There was little doubt, both had their own effect and could be effective conditioning. As he witnessed it was akin either training or abuse. With forceful conditioning, much like an animal hit too often, it inflicted damage to their personality and behavior. It was effective, as much as fear and pain could be.

However in many cases it was preferable to work with the personality, train it rather than break it. Unless the target could completely be broken, its original persona would fight to show through. However with a bit of training and work, the bad qualities could be directed, reprogrammed. It lacked the excitement of domination, but he would admit there was no better way to fix his Familiar. Hopefully all of the damage he had caused could be undone. And it immediately became apparent how well Alric understood the mind. His process, when the target was in trance, it truly reached its potential.

A magical display like this was completely surreal, and following the process was enlightening. Knowing that a trance meant Ender was in a dream-like state, open to suggestions, every impression on him went deeper. Logical or Hypnotic, everything would be absorbed. Whether or not it was filtered out or not was up to Ender, based on the presentation. It was almost beyond comprehension. The undead had no idea how he would attempt to emulate this process and use what he had learned. Certainly this was the work of a master. The way he presented things to Ender, it seemed uplifting and reassuring, as if it was a way for him to find happiness. Almost like hypnotic advice.

And then there was the most important part of the process, the moral of the Hypnotism's story. "Obey Miro", the words they brought a smile to the wizard's face. The words hung in the air, tingling his skin. It seemed it was the end of Alric's manipulation. Though the Hypnotist looked troubled. He slumped against the bed and slowly drifted to the ground. Miro was unsure what had happened, but was distracted before being able to react. Ender spoke out loud for the room to hear, though Alric would likely not fully receive the message."I am sorry for the way I have acted. Attacking Alric, threatening to take away the things you care about, the jealousy. I feel as if I am waking anew, and my sour feelings are washed away. I see so clearly now."

The Irylid returned to his master and sealed himself upon his wrist. Once again he was restricted to telepathic communication. "You have already offered your part, and I will accept it, obey your wishes. Especially if it means learning Hypnotism from you master. I am tired of the pointless struggle, for you are in truth well able to guide us. I shall focus on assisting you, as I should have all along. We can be partners, but it is time I accept what it is I have to offer. You are fit to lead, and me to follow." It was a nice change, though one too good to simply accept. There were still plenty of doubts. At least it sounded sincere.

Miro had more productive of a day than he had planned on. His delivery and training of Ender both. One could not ask for more in a day. And yet he got more. Alric was the greatest surprise that could greet him. Though the Hypnotist was a bit worn from his magic session. Luckily there was a bed to rest on before he left. The Reimancer walked over to his friend and knelt down. "My bed is your bed friend. You've no need to seek an inn as long as you can find my home. This bed goes without use anyways." He reached his hand down to lift the man. In his weakened condition, the undead hoped to show Alric he was with a friend.

The Chained One smirked a bit as he spoke. "Let me help you, let me lift you onto the bed." He took his one arm and placed it underneath Alric's shoulder, giving him a moment to brace himself. Miro redirected the Djed Flux from his legs to his arm to begin lifting, then reversed the pull on the pathways to empower his legs to lift their bodies the rest of the way. He laid his friend down so that his head and chest were on the bed, but his lower body still dangled slightly. The wizard helped him lift them onto the bed as well. It seemed to be a kind enough gesture, but he was never really sure how others would receive the message. It often helped him to put his mind at ease to include Hypnotism as well.

Miro focused his Djed to his throat and concentrated on expanding his influence over Alric. The undead sat at his bedside, watching the man rest. His words came out softly, yet charged with Hypnotic Djed. He would calm him with spoken suggestions charged with emotional responses. Each suggestion linked with a fitting emotion to deliver it. He thought it to be a fitting application, having seen his master operate. The suggestions would be based around the emotions he wished to inspire. Calm, relaxation, joy, and most of all companionship.

The words came out gently yet with confidence, each word woven with Hypnotism into a suggestion and an emotional response. First to calm him. "Rest now my friend, you have nothing to worry about here." Then relaxation, remembering how Alric told Ender how to feel. "My bed is comfortable, and you feel your aches leaving your body." Then joy, allowing Alric to see how thankful Miro was. "You are surrounded in happiness, and you can feel it's sweet caress. You've brought happiness to my life as well as Ender's." And finally the sense of companionship. "You've come to see Miro, and now you have your wish. Never again do we have to be lost from one another. A friend for the rest of your days. Reunited at last."
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next