Closed A Drop of Chaos (Miro)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

A Drop of Chaos (Miro)

Postby Rayage on September 2nd, 2013, 8:02 am

Fall 38, 513 AV

Much has changed, but yet much has stayed the same. However, any fool could tell that change affects everything, even the places that seem untouched. The Temple of the Black Sun was one such place. The nuit hadn’t been here for hundreds of years, and yet it still stands in all its glory. Rhysol’s power was not to be trifled with. It was something that even Rayage had to respect. Albeit begrudgingly.

The Ravosala entered through the great arcs, and the docks were waiting. The calm waters of Lake Ravok allowed for safe and easy passage. Rayage quickly left the confines of the boat to step onto the dock, the firm surface was a bit disorienting after being in the boat, but she quickly adjusted taking only a moment to be still and reorient herself. She mentally sighed, collecting her thoughts as she made her way up the stairs and to the guarded door. Not giving any sort of recognition to the guards the nuit went forth and through the door as if they didn’t exist at all. She had no time for them. Her purpose was clear, change is coming…

The magnificence of the interior of the temple time herself could not wear. Pues lined the large chamber, and in the center, standing erect was the black shard, a symbol of Rhyols power. Or perhaps it was more? The nuit never had time to properly investigate before she had left, but it was a mystery for another day.

Idle chatter could be heard through the many alcoves and branches in the Temple, a dull roar of activity, background noise to which she had no intention to listening to. For the most part the temple’s main room was empty. Scattered worshippers were present sitting in the pews, but they were all forgettable. At least to the nuit they were. People were nothing special, especially in these dismal numbers. However, there were no services going on at the moment, so attendance could be sporadic.

Not wasting a second of time the nuit walked through the pews, down a lone isle and approached the central shard which towered above her. Coming to the Alter Rayage placed a hand on the flat surface of it, and closed her eyes just feeling the black substance, the representation of chaos incarnate. It was here she felt most connected to the God Rhysol, and it was here she would make her declaration.

”The God Rhysol, surely you must hear even a nuits prayer.” she began, ”Surely you must feel it too. Change is coming. You must feel it for Change begets Chaos. I am Rayage, and I am going to change the world.” she announced, ”And I have a question for you, Rhysol. Do you think there is room for Chaos in this new world? If so, I challenge you to help me as our goals are the same. You want to spread your influence, I can help…”

She fell silent for a moment as if listening for an answer, ”However, I need your help as well. You have faithfully sheltered me for hundreds of years in Ravok, and so I have come to repay the favor. I will offer you my knowledge and expertise, create for you things that cannot be of this world, but this is a partnership. I can get resources nearly anywhere I go. I want to help you because you have helped me; all I ask for is a bit of assistance in return.”

”In helping me achieve my goals, you will also achieve your own. That, I can assure you. Gain an irreplaceable asset, for anywhere you go you will not find a better alchemist in terms of skill or knowledge, all in exchange for a tiny bit of help. Im offering this because out of all the gods so far, you have been the one to show me, personally, how far you are willing to go to restore what was lost. You helped me in my journey, and so I am willing to help you.”

The nuit opened her eyes and took her hand off the alter, ”Think about it.” she muttered, before turning and leaving the presence of the alter to sit idly in a pew brewing over what she just did. She had challenged a god to action, had asked for assistance, but she had perfectly good reasons to. She had a great mind, and with it she aims change the world.
x
“Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Words: 980399
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2011, 9:40 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Lore Author (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

A Drop of Chaos (Miro)

Postby Miro on November 5th, 2013, 9:15 am

Miro hadn't any idea when Rayage was supposed to arrive in Ravok. He had almost forgotten it was ever to happen, neglecting to ever think of it. In the past season he would oft muse over it, but had grown out of the habit. The city had so much to offer, so much for him to do, he was lost from it. So the thought of the Nuit Alchemist had remained far from his mind. Until today that was. He had seen a curious sight, a garment of clothing unique to one person. A purple cloak with a metallic sheen, one created by Alchemy. He had seen it on a woman, or at least thought so.

"Ender, do you see this, that person? It looks like Rayage's cloak, you remember the one. Look, there, the Ravosala. Do you see the woman, I know you can if you just spot her." The Irylid saw the woman, saw the cloak, and he knew the truth, but would not admit to it. "No, I see naught. Have you considered, Miro, maybe your eyes are playing tricks on you. Maybe you just want to see him, so you do. What are the chances so suddenly you see him, that he has even left for Ravok, or even survived such a trip alone. You have your hopes up for nothing."

At first Ender had him doubting it could be so. He knew how his eyes could deceive him, and would admit to wanting to see him. On second thought the face did not look familiar to him. But he gave a second glance, and as he caught sight of the cloak's back it was clear. The symbol Ouroboros across the back was a definite sign that it was the Alchemical garment indeed. That Rayage had arrived, though neither knew how to find one another. It was only luck that the wizard had even caught the sight in the first place. How long had he been in the city already?

It mattered little though, for the time had passed, and Rayage was here now. He could not lose sight of the man. The undead snapped and waved vigorously to yield a Ravosala himself and quickly commanded they follow the vessel ahead of them. The Ravosalaman complied and made his way down the channels after them. Before long they arrived at the Temple of the Black Sun, though by the time the Reimancer had paid and set foot on the docks his target was out of sight. He made his way past the gates and into the inner sanctuary and began to search about.

The room was magnificent, as always, complete with the shard in its center. At it was the cloaked woman, though he was not alone in the room. There were others in the pews lost in prayer, some standing about wearing the symbol of the Black Sun, and a couple in the back conversing. The wizard quietly made his way down the isle towards Rayage listening to his prayer. Immediately it became more than obvious it was indeed the Alchemist. To begin Miro offered a suggestion to answer the prayer's request. "If you truly wish to serve Rhysol, then join his service in the Black Sun. It is a mutually beneficial relationship."

The corpse would turn around to find Miro making a grand gesture at him with his arm. "Welcome to Ravok friend. Rhysol smiles on you today, of that I am sure. Though you too would have a smile if you offered yourself to him. He has so much to offer, just as you have so much to offer to him. I myself have taken the interest of the Ebonstryfe." He waved the Nuit out of the way to kneel before the pitch black altar. He bowed his head and grasped his face in hand while muttering a few words into his palm before standing again. "Come, we have so much to do, so much to catch up on. I shall show you everything, explain it all. I have a home here, one you are free to use to store your possessions as you wish. Come now, let us leave. It is on the other side of town."
Miro
Not quite Nuit, just a little undead.

Words: 1238727
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2011, 7:52 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

A Drop of Chaos (Miro)

Postby Rayage on November 12th, 2013, 12:07 pm

There was a moment of silence before a voice cut, suggesting something which had crossed the nuits mind many times before. To hear ones own thought out loud was rather startling and the nuit looked to see who it was only to smile softly at the newcomer. Shifting a little in the seat she had taken at the empty, now occupying her, pew she made eye contact with the other wizard, ”That was a thought which crossed my mind many years ago.” she said, her voice having a hint of regret, ”However, I’ve never been the one to fiercely defend any god. It is just this one…” her eyes stared at the black stone at the center of the place, ”This one has given me hope. I see change in chaos. Have you ever thought that even Fate is plaything for change? Or is it the other way around? Which one drives the other?” She asked with a sly smile.

”And, it is more like ‘welcome back to Ravok’” she said, her features softening just a little as if she was remembering the joyful times she had spent in this city. It wasn’t that she enjoyed the city, no, it wasn’t the homage to the god of chaos… It was the almost familiar air that this place possesses that made the nuit smile. For an agent of change, she sure felt just a bit safer, more secure, in having the power to resist that… even though she knows that one way or another change will come.

Her greeting wasn’t all that warm, and the nuit hesitated a little staring at the black stone once more, ”You seem to be in a hurry, like usual.” the woman stood up, green eyes flicking to the still hyperactive wizard, ”Someone like you, who has the power to defend yourself against any mortal foe, has a long, promising life in eternity… “ she didn’t finish what she wanted to say, but instead just let that out, and only that. Silently she was comparing him to her. She had a much different strength than he, but the same could be said inverse as well.

”However, I am glad you brought good news.” she smiled at him, her teeth oddly white for a nuit and her flesh oddly pink. When seeing herself in the mirror it was hard not to do a double take. The ring her master gave her was a gift to treasure, and once more she felt that she belonged with humans. The silly feelings she crushed so long ago were surfacing again. The power of love and the want to belong are forces that not even time can weather. The coldness of being an outcast, a nuit, had to change to be a good mother, no? It was this change which she would strive for.

She got up and stood across from Miro, obscuring his vision of the black chaotic stone and putting herself in its place, ”Let’s go then to a place without as many ears.” She said ready to follow the wizard wherever he may lead her. She had paid her respects to Chaos, now it was just a matter of waiting…
x
“Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

A Drop of Chaos (Miro)

Postby Miro on November 13th, 2013, 10:11 pm

Rayage was as much the same wizard as one could expect, though there was something off about him. Miro blamed it on nostalgia, though he kept an eye on his friend. It had been some time since last they had met, but to the Nuit it likely seemed the blink of an eye. To the Chained One however it was quite some time, and he had actually missed the corpse. The way he spoke of Rhysol giving hope, though not fully dedicating, the Reimancer understood. Especially the bit about chaos and change. Though the mention of Fate and change caused him to think for a moment.

"Fate drives everything, but that is not to say that only one is the player and the other the playee. If I had to guess, I would say it is a cycle, one driving the other. Nothing stays the same, yet history is doomed to repeat itself. However that works." The way the Alchemist seemed so calm in the room, it was nice. Though the most interesting thing his feminine figured friend mentioned was that he had the thought to serve Rhysol some time ago. Perhaps a push would be for naught, perhaps not. For now he would keep his Hypnotism in his pocket.

The Nuit continued by pressing things forward. Though he did things in such an odd way. Something was certainly off about him in the way he acted. Perhaps the city was part of a painful time in his life, and being here was hard for him. Or maybe it was the opposite, and that it was a great time, one long gone now. Such a thing would be even harder to deal with. The difficult times become easier as time passes, though the simpler and more enjoyable chapters of life sting more the further away they slip. At least he was ready to leave this place and be on with their plans.

In truth Miro hadn't any plans for the two of them, or at least not yet. He would begin thinking on this right away. At least the basics were apparent, to show the apartment, even a few of things he had accomplished in their season apart. Mainly in recruiting the help of Clark, and his work to gain acceptance into the Ebonstryfe. Though his recruitment to the order was yet to be completed, for he still lacked the rank of a soldier. Still he was on his way, and his pool of resources continued to gain depth.

"Come then." The Chained One offered nothing more before heading away. His mind was filled by other things. "The corpse will not be of use in this city away from a lab. Without access to that he is but a worthless Reimancy apprentice. He hasn't any ability to track either, being an Alchemist and all. He is useless, so abandon him and take his cause for your own." He called a Ravosala over and boarded it and waited for Rayage to catch up.

When they were both on board directions to the undead's home were given and he relaxed by sitting. "I have a few things to show you, though there is much more on the way. So much underneath the surface sprouting roots and working its way to the light. A few things for now if you will. A place, a person and a thing. My home, a contact I made, and my badge. There is much to tell, but it must wait until we arrive. I can not stress to you enough that my established resources are yours as well." He was eager for the trip to come to an end.

When finally it did, the Ravosala tab was paid and they departed towards the room. Miro led the way to the room with Rayage behind him. "It is a small room, but plenty enough to get the job done. Pretty cheap too." The wizard opened the door and walked in. To his left was a wardrobe, and in the far corner was a bed, and a table at the foot of the bed. A set of two chairs placed at the table completed his furniture collection. Light trickled in from the large window at the far wall, which caused the floor to shine quite vividly. Everything was cleaned and organized neatly, quite unlike the wizard.

"Come and sit down, make yourself at home. Needn't worry about a mess, it will find itself clean eventually." The Reimancer himself took one of the chairs and moved it towards the center of the room and sat on it with his legs crossed. "This is the first I was to tell you about, my home, you've seen it now. So that means I can continue." The wizard fumbled something out from within his robe and palmed it. "I met this man, a crafty one, got the info of my arrival from the Stryfe, and he knew of Forus. His name is Clark, I made him a shadow asset."

Miro tossed an object at the Nuit, though he realized a bit too late what he was doing. The corpses had quite the slow reaction, and even with a prompt likely would not have the reflexes to catch the object. The item would likely hit the Alchemist's bosom and fall to the ground. "While Clark has gathering intelligence for us, I have been working to gain a position of authority. That there is the badge of an apprentice is the Ebonstryfe. Cost me just over ten Miza, a bit of Djed and the time it takes to get from the city center to the markets and back. Worth it, all things considered."

With the exception of Lessomm being skipped over, they were completely caught up. Though the servant was mostly irrelevant to their current business. It was all he had thought to do for now, but figured it might be time to guide things in a new direction. With more influence in the Black Sun and Ebonstryfe, they would be allowed more information. Just as Miro was interviewed, all people coming and going from the city were. Though misinformation could be given, things like race were hard to hide. Somewhere out there was a hint.

"Forus is still out there, and we are on his tail. The more influence and intelligence we can bring in, the faster the reel cranks. I have done a great deal in my season ahead of you, and now it is your time. Let us not forget who is gaining all of the credit from our endeavor, and who thus far has put in all of the work. Tell me what you shall do, and I shall assist. Though truly I must say it, if this is all done and concluded by my hand alone, things mayn't go as you planned. I may have to seek out a way to enhance the deal for us. I hope you understand."
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Drop of Chaos (Miro)

Postby Rayage on November 17th, 2013, 10:20 pm

The nuit eagerly followed Miro, ready to hear what he has been doing in his absence. In Nyka the nuit didn’t get much accomplished, and wasn’t so eager to talk about that. Instead he would focus on what Miro has been doing here in Ravok. He followed in silence as Miro called a Ravosala over, and even boarded the boat in silence as well. The other wizard looked relaxed as he enjoyed the ride, but the nature of what they were about to talk about set the nuits own mood.

She looked down in the waters of Lake Ravok smiling at how pure and clean the water is, but it was deep, descending down into darkness. The perfect scene for Chaos, and she could appreciate the beauty behind the idea. Order above, on the surface, but below the surface pandemonium reigned. It was only a chaotic illusion of order, and it served to remind the nuit that chaos comes in many forms.

Shifting her gaze from the waters to Miro when he began to talk, the nuit made eye contact, not breaking it throughout the boy’s speech. He mentioned many things, but like always it was a teaser, a slight brag to stroke the boys ego before the real show begins. All in all he found it quite childish, but Miro has always been this way. The nuit found herself questioning if time could change this aspect of the wizard he knew.

A smile would spread across her face, ”Good.” she said when Miro concluded his own introduction of things to come. For more information they would have to wait until they got to Miros place, and even then she was unsure if that was safe from prying ears as well. Being on such a mission, in a city that has changed so much since she had last been there, made her feel more alien than at home and a bit more nervous. At first when she heard that she was being sent to Ravok, she was filled with joy, but the city had a much different atmosphere than it did years ago. It was adjusting to this newness which set the wizard on edge.

Arriving at Miros temporary arrangements the nuit liked the empty, quaint space. Small, but a lot could be done here if space was used wisely. She wondered what all the boy planned to do here. Stepping in the nuit closed the door behind him. She stood there just past the door as Miro foraged through his things. A badge was thrown, but the boy didn’t give the nuit enough time to react to it coming resulting it hitting her briefly and then falling to the floor. The nuit gave an empty stare down at the badge and nodded in approval, ”You have done well.” she said bending down and picking up the badge. She smiled thinking of the boy in a position of authority. It amused her for some reason.

Then was asked the question that made her pause and think, ”Rest assured, when the time comes, Miro, I will play my hand.” she gave him a cryptic and unsatisfactory answer, one which she knew that Miro would not stand for. However, that did not matter for the moment, as the nuit had more tricks up her sleeve than Miro gave her credit for. Though there was a silent agreement to Miro's words. If she could not deliver then she wouldn't mind if the wizard renegotiated his 'contract' with her.

”For now, however,” she said, holding up her hand with the ring of false life on it, ”this body is battered from travel.” she explained using one hand to gently grasp the ring and lift it off her finger. The moment the ring was off the illusion which veiled her true state was undone. Undeath once again covered her features, ”I have found that it is hard to tell ones state of body with the ring on, and so I take it off to more carefully check over my body. This one is about done thanks to the harshness of the road and elements.” she frowned, hiding the magical ring in the folds of her cloak. She wanted Miro to have a good look on the state of her body.
x

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

A Drop of Chaos (Miro)

Postby Miro on November 19th, 2013, 9:02 am

Miro was happy to get acknowledgement from the professor. It was something he had craved since arriving in Ravok. To have nobody to recognize his great deeds was a terrible pain, but only did it matter if the person praising him was praiseworthy themselves. The Chained One did not seek the approval of any of those who proved themselves to be disposable. Every being had potential and meaning in Lhex's design, but only those who dared to tread the path laid before him could ever make any impact before passing. Though as Dira promises, a soul always has another chance.

Truly even Dira could understand the path to ascending one's soul. The ultimate realization of any soul throughout their many incarnations is on the path Lhex set out before them is to become perfect and find place within the Ukalas. To find a place under the domain of a god and be free of the cycle. It was her purpose in reincarnating a soul, the wizard could only imagine. The undead hoped that she would forgive him for choosing to stay alive and choose Uldr rather than meet her again. He was putting all of his faith in this life, to give peace to all of his past lives and realize his true self. Miro would not reincarnate, and he would find his place within the Ukalas.

Rayage was a curious instance of this, as he had taken another route. A Nuit from so long ago that the magic and knowledge he has amassed is able to transmute life. He believes that Alchemy is the journey to perfection. A wizard with the same goal as him, though taking the route of magic. However in the path of finding Forus he was taking a different path, a rather passive one. This was not unusual for him, but did he really expect Miro to do everything? The Chained One was itching to find out, and would see how much of his weight he would pull in obtaining a new body. Though he was surprised to see the effect of life dispelled.

And what this plan the Alchemist had remained unknown. If he wanted to become the passive string pulling type, that would be fine. It seemed there was a lot of it in Ravok. Maybe Rayage had just planned on taking all credit for work that Miro did. It did not matter, Rayage was the most fun person to play a game with. The Reimancer would win out over the Alchemist, as always, and the score will be set. However the Nuit disgusted Miro. He desperately needed to shed his flesh and take a new form. This time a strong male body, as he used to take. It had always worked in the past. Though one thing was for certain, and that it was the ring was special.

Miro wanted it, to see if he could look normal, even if his face was covered by the mask. To look and see his body as if his flesh had blood within it. Perhaps even disguise his arm, though even if so, he would never gain control of it. His darkness demanded he take a hold of it, and his logic justified it. Only a peak he decided, though his whims could be unpredictable. The wizard walked towards Rayage with a grin and began speaking. He would get his hands on the ring and his claws into the Alchemist's mind. It was time he tested the way the corpsewalker would play the game. Today's event was body snatching, and there could only be one true winner. Always Miro.

"I am glad you understand. I have things handled old man, just relax. In fact, I can get a body without you, if that is how you handle things in your old age." The apprentice picked his badge up and tucked it back into his sling. He looked the Nuit dead in the eyes and expanded his aura of influence. The Hypnotist began to channel his Djed through the stare and cast a hypnotic spell on his target. While the emotional response of confidence was cast, he prepared his voice for a spell also. His words would be empowered as a suggestion, causing the words to stick in his subconscious mind.

"You are challenged to prove your skill to me today. We will hunt a man and kill him with our magics without harm to the body. Whoever contributes most to the capture wins." He hoped it would be enough to tempt him to play along, but if not things could go a different way. Miro walked up and offered his hand to shake as acknowledgement of the arrangements, but never intended to touch Rayage's rotting corpse. He had seen where the ring was put at, and intended to make a snatch for it, just like the mirror. When in range he redirected Djed from his left leg to his right arm and reached into the cloak and began feeling about.

Though the undead desperately wanted to get his hands on the ring, he refused to touch the dead Nuit flesh. If he could get his hand on the ring he would reverse the redirection to his leg and get back as quickly as possible, But if Rayage made a motion to touch him he would deem it not worth it. That would mean drastic measures such as asking permission though. That was akin giving up even before the game began. They hadn't even gone over rules and strategy yet. The wizard planned to only use a a few magics to deal with the target. What Rayage could possibly do was beyond the wizard, but he knew what should be done.

"Leeching will not cause harm to the vessel, and it will disable a target easily. We are both similarly skilled, and quite matched in this regard. Hypnotism will be how we get ourselves near, and there will be no way to compare what the other has done. However if we fail we both lose. Though we will be picking out the strongest vessel we can find, and that means risk of discovery with appearances like ours. And for your safety you shall wear Ender. I will make use of the Flux if I see necessary opening, and you can use whatever other talents you possess."

When they were ready he would explain where to find the best people. There was one particular worker in the Plaza of Dark Delights that would make fine prey. The Docks were full of great places to find whatever one might need. Ender did not protest to Miro's orders strangely enough. After saying how worthless the corpse was, now he was not going to protest to an order given. Miro was sure his Familiar was just ignoring him when Ender returned to his natural form. He floated silently towards Rayage and attempted to seal himself upon his wrist. "I'm ready to begin when you are." A common enemy truly could unite people. Miro had forgotten how much of an edge his partner could give.
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Drop of Chaos (Miro)

Postby Rayage on December 26th, 2013, 4:33 pm

There was something unsettling by the way Miro spoke. It was no different than the way the wizard usually spoke, but in this situation it made the nuit uncomfortable, something he wasn’t in the habit of letting himself get into. Rayage couldn’t quite pick up the reason why he felt this way, but perhaps it was because of the judgment which filled the kids voice as he spoke? Or maybe it was the almost demeaning way in which the words left his mouth? Truly the only thing the child respected was power, physical, and tangible, in your face power. It was such power that Ray did not have. Not yet at least.

It was this kind of feeling which made the wizard retreat to get answers for herself. Always there were answers hidden just beneath the surface. Though to find them, it took a little digging. What exactly was Miro planning? Why was he talking so? That voice made him want to know the answers, and to find it just took a bit of djed and concentration. However, if only things were so simple. Magic was always more complicated than it seemed, there a deep beauty to it all which made it more of an art than a science. Though logic could dictate it, it was only when the wizard is truly inspired does the incredible happen. This inspiration could be found deep within the wizards very soul, for magic had a very good feel to it. Casting it was euphoric, but one had to be careful not to indulge too much. There is a fine line between pleasure and gluttonous overindulgence. Such trappings have destroyed many a wizard, and left scars on their very souls.

Rayage would be a fool to say that she did not bear such scars at all. Overgiving had taken her mind many times, but it would be equally foolish to say that one was a swordsman without any scars or nicks from malpractice. Those were things to be learned from, and indeed the wizard learned caution and breviary were needed to last to become a truly powerful wizard. Such were the lessons of the past, ghosts who whisper words of caution into the mages ear. Those kinds of things should not be ignored. Not in the slightest.

The Alchemists attention focused on the boy, eyes gazing unbroken by the burden of thought of the veil of movement. Rayage watched passively as the boy approached him, but in his head the nuits mind was turning, kicking djed into action, willing it to move and accompany his will to satisfy his curiosity. The djed flowed through him and with it the expectation of truth. Nothing can hide their motivations from Rayage. The power of Auristics made sure of that. However there was a price to be paid, and this time it was more than djed. When the wizard was concentrating, he didn’t move a muscle when the lad approached him, and therefore the hand easily slipped into his cloak. The nuit would allow that, for truth was worth it.

Eye’s narrowed and the wizard almost squinted in effort as the first wavering images of the aura came into view. It was Miros Aura, and just like every other time it was frighteningly beautiful. Though in its outermost layers an envious green surrounded it, confirming the nuits suspicion that the wizard was indeed after the ring which he had just taken off. Was Miro so threatened by the rings power as to take it from her? No, threatened was not the right word. But for now the nuit need not to think, as extra thought would distort and distract her from the pure aura which she was seeing. A passive observer she needed to be, for now, at least.

The boys hand withdrew rather clumsily from her cloak, and the first suspicion was correct. It was all too obvious that the boy had got the ring, it even shown in his aura from the almost happy, animated spike, a ripple of a warm red color. The aura was coming into view now. It was an ethereal light show that only the nuit could truly enjoy. It brought a small smile to the undeads face. Such pleasure the other got from taking things which wasn’t theirs. It was such a human desire.

However, what was to come next caught the nuit off guard. The boys aura was expanding, and something was coming off of it. The aura was being directed towards Rayage and from it small clouds were being emitted, which soon turned into a steady stream. The brush of something else entered his mind, a feeling of confidence, as he observed this event. Transfixed by this phenomena Rayage fed even more djed, cutting even more of soul off of herself. With the added sacrifice the colors became even more vivid, bright, and real. She soon found herself surrounded by what looked like to be an extension of the boys aura, or perhaps she was seeing a representation of the boys projected power? Djed takes numerous forms after all, and Auristics could pick up the subtleties of magic like no other…

Closing her eyes and looking away the nuit cut the flow of djed within herself. She felt almost sick, dizzy, and a bit tired. Crossing the room, Rayage smiled at Miro as she took a seat on his bed, ”Your request is accepted. However,” the nuit grasped her head, ”I am not feeling one hundred percent at the moment. Perhaps we can wait until late night to get your mark?” she asked, ”The cover of darkness provides us with a distinct advantage.” she told him, "I suspect that you will give back the ring when the fun is over?" She wasnt about to lose the ring after just getting it from Master Karte, "Its valuable beyond what you can believe, to me at least. It holds a lot of sentimental value. However, you can toy with it for now, as long as you dont lose it."

Placing her hands on either side of her, she made herself comfortable on the bed, idly looking down at the ice bracelet attached to her wrist, ”Miro, what do you hope to prove to me by doing this childish game? There are no winners or losers in this world, the one which exists outside your mind. There simply is knowledge. Some are blissfully ignorant to the world and its workings, while others are more attuned to it. In this world knowledge is power. I am sure you have heard that before.”

”For example, you have very specific knowledge, powerful knowledge over the magic of Reimancy. You control the elements, and with that formidable power you can enact change in a brutish way. People fear your power. I fear your wrath.” Rayage admitted, ”I have knowledge too, rather specific knowledge, just like you, but within a different field of magic. You are a more of a personal wizard, I a world wizard. No matter the outcome, by the very nature of our specialties, you will always win in a game of death.”

The nuit cocked her head, ”You have nothing to prove to me which you haven’t already. Or are you trying to prove something to yourself?” the nuit smiled at that suggestion, a small laugh emitting from her cold, dead being.

”As I said before, I’ll play your game, but I want to know your motivations, dear Miro.”
x

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

A Drop of Chaos (Miro)

Postby Nemesis on March 15th, 2015, 3:14 pm

Miro
Skills * *
??? * +?
??? * +?
??? * +?
Lores
*???
*???
*???

Consequences, Injuries, Expenses, and More!
  • None

Rayage
Skills * *
Auristics * +1
Negotiation * +1
Observation * +1
Philosophy * +1
Lores
*Negotiating With the Gods

Consequences, Injuries, Expenses, and More!
  • None

• Another good thread - not as much to give this time though...
Nemesis
Fortune and Retribution

Words: 296717
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2014, 8:36 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)