A Quiet Welcome And Uncommon Kinship (Kenai)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Kavala on July 29th, 2010, 4:26 pm

ImageTimestamp: 5th of Summer, 510 AV - Morning
Purpose: Meeting New Konti

There was something about a sunrise on the beach beneath Riverfall. For one thing, during the summertime, Riverfall's massive plunging column of water almost invariably filled the sky with water particles for miles around, even if subtle and not seen as mist, that tended to cast morning rainbows out above the ocean. Even further up the beach to the north they were visible. Kavala loved the light show in the morning and often ran on the beach to loosen up before Hatot put her through what she was starting to think of as a punishing routine of training, hardening her mind and body.

She didn't mind it though. Truth be told the workouts had somehow twisted the already damaged part in her mind - channeling her need for pain into a need for training - that was somewhat refreshing and liberating. And so for all that she was a healer, she was indeed the one that was being healed.

So Kavala ran on, feeling the need to run further than usual this morning, as if somehow or another one of the fates had planned for her to be here. Konti often got such feelings, even though their gifts ran far and wide with different natures. Kavala felt animals. She could understand their pain, their needs, and sometimes if she was close enough to an individual and worked with them on a daily basis, like in regards to her horse, she'd see images. None of the gulls she knew really. Nor the rest of the shorebirds. But as she ran, she got the distinct impression she wasn't the only one on the beach this morning, and whoever was here she needed to find. So she picked up her pace, jogged past where she normally turned to head back to Sanctuary, and kept running as her eyes carefully scanned the beach. At the rate she was going, she might indeed be in town before long.

The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Kenai on July 31st, 2010, 2:19 am

Walks on the beach always did wonders to clear Kenai's mind. She had finally made it Riverfall but what did she truly expect to find there? She longed for her home back in Mura. She missed her mother and sisters. Luckily she was not completely alone. Oreska, Kenai's Ivaski was padding next to her loyally. Oreska was truly Kenai's best friend. He had practically grown up with her. She had been given Oreska as a pup and even back then he was more like a caretaker than a pet to her. Kenai never thought of him as a pet though. Their ability to speak telepathically made their friendship stronger than most owner-dog relationships. "Kenai, if you miss home so much why did you decide to move so far away?" Oreska's voice echoed in Kenai's head. She looked up and the sky and sighed. "I wanted to see the world Oreska. Some of us like to do things out of our comfort zone at times. For a dog you can be quite the scardy cat." she said with a small smile in his direction. Oreska let out a low growl and focused on the beach ahead of them. Oreska may have seemed like a tight wad but he was that way because he cared about Kenai. He worried for her safety a lot. She was raised as a healer so naturally she had no way to defend herself. That worried Oreska a lot. He knew that he would have to protect her if any trouble arised and he did not like that kind of pressure. "Kenai now that we are in Riverfall you really should try to learn some self defense. Who knows what could attack you out here. You are a young girl and there are very many men here. I don't want you to get hurt or taken advantage of." Kenai kissed Oreska's cheek. "Thank you Resky, you are such a sweetie." she said with a smile. Oreska lowered his head and growled again. Kenai was not listening to him and it was really stressing him out.

They walked in silence for a while until another person came into view. Oreska looked at the newcomer with apprehension. "Look, there is a person. It is just you and me out here. That person could be a really strong warrior and I cannot protect you from everyone." Kenai rolled her eyes. The person got closer and Kenai saw that the person was a blonde woman. "Reska, that person is a woman and she is just out for a run. You really need to learn how to calm down. I'm going to go talk to her." she said with a playful glare in his direction. Oreska's eyes widened in fear. "Kenai, no!" Kenai was already walking over to the girl though. She was not sure what to stay when she got up to the girl though. She guessed it would be a goos idea to ask about how to get to Riverfall. "Excuse me, I'm new here. How do I get to Riverfall? she asked.
Last edited by Kenai on August 4th, 2010, 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kenai
We Must Reinvent Love

Words: 6288
Joined roleplay: July 19th, 2010, 5:04 pm
Character sheet

Postby Kavala on August 3rd, 2010, 6:45 pm

ImageKavala pulled up and caught her breath as the cloaked Konti with the large white dog - no Ivaski - abruptly altered her course and intercepted her asking which way town was. The healer pulled up from her jog, laid her hands on her knees, and panted a few moments before she answered. "I'm sorry.. I'm not used to running so far and I've come further than ... I should probably have today." Kavala said softly, panting abruptly. She straightened after a moment, smiled, and offered her hand.

"My name is Kavala. I live up at Sanctuary which is a stables and animal healing/rescue center. You manged to make it to Riverfall already though you might not see it. The city is built into these cliffs and above it. See the falls distant?"
Kavala pointed down the beach to where the rainbows in the sky originated - a massive plunging river falling into the sea. "That's the lower tier on Riverfall where the docks are. They fall either side of the river. The gates are there too and you can enter the city from the beach no problem. Are you a new visitor? Here on your Call perhaps?" Kavala said, looking curiously at the new Konti and what brought her to Riverfall. Her hair was plastered to her face and drenched with sweat. She didn't look like the normal Konti Kenai perhaps was used to seeing on Mura. There was a look of someone that had lost her softness. In fact, what Kenai could see of her looked oddly different. Her white skin, normal for a Konti and fully patterned with iridescent scales, was etched with tiny scars from her neck down that looked like graffiti. They were razor thin and so numerous it couldn't have been from an accident or profession. Someone had tortured her - deliberately and over a long period of time. Old etched across new and gave her skin an odd look.

"There's a place called Godiva's for new people in Riverfall - a women's shelter where they do not charge for room and board. Plus there's numerous other facilities. I'd be glad to show you if you'd like. I hadn't planned on going into town, but its no bother to do so."
She added smiling softly. On her right wrist, the one she extended, a silver bracelet winked. It looked like it had no ending nor any beginning, and it was definitely too small to slide off. Otherwise the Konti wore nothing fancy - no jewelry and no fancy clothing. She was dressed in a pair of light running pants and a cropped top that modestly covered her torso but left her navel and shoulders and most of her back bare. It was the type of outfit a martial artist wore, which gave credibility to the thought in the definition on Kavala's arms that spoke of endless training and hard work to achieve fitness. She had a small pack on her side that held a pair of slippers, a blow gun disassembled with its darts, a micro medical kit, and a small towel plus a few coins. A dagger-like Lakan was belted to her waist, tucked into the small of her back.

Her azure gaze, though, despite the rest of her outward appearance, was warm and open - even inviting - as if she was glad to see another Konti out and about.

The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)