[Zeltiva University] Heavenly Recital (Phipreas)[Flashback]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Orion on July 30th, 2010, 2:20 pm

33rd Day Of The Season Of Summer 508. AV

Orion`s face glared up with joy as he was moving through the streets of Zeltiva, with his copper like skin shining back at the Sun. The morning was not that far behind, which meant he had yet many bells to enjoy the streets, oh and a recital of poetry was starting soon, well he needed to be in the crowd there for sure. Keeping his distance from the travelers that plagued the roads around him, he was trying to find his way to the University where the recital was to take place. It took him a fair bit of time but he was finaly standing in front of the entrance to the building he needed to enter in the first place. The crowd in the building was getting on his nerves as he was trying to use his superior height to get most of the people out of his way. Standing now in the second row of the crowd, he was looking at a small stage like set up in the middle of the room.

Hearing the voices behind him disapprove of him standing in the front rows made Orion growl a bit to himself before just letting them say whatever they wanted. After all, he was still the one in front, and no word could change it. He smiled somewhat to himself as he awaited for the show to begin, and while he was at it, where the hell was this poet they were all waiting for. he better be quite something, or at least decent enough to be worth the wait. Orion was patient, he always was, but he was a bit too hyper that morning and no patience could stop him from tapping his feet on the ground repeatedly, anxious to finally see the poet, to finally hear the song. If he was to wait this long, he wanted the first row, and so he took it as he was slowly sliding between two lower human women. And even if the poet was gonna be late now, at least Orion found himself a rather beautyful place to stand from his point of view.

The crowd was getting restless, some nerve this guy had, to be given the honor of being summoned here, yet he was late. The almost rioting crowd was now even more restless as someone in the back rows farted and was given a serious beating by two brutes that were standing near the entrance to the room. Orion was getting tired of all the comotion and just as he turned back towards the door and was about to leave, the crowd went quiet, the poet, he was here.
Last edited by Orion on August 3rd, 2010, 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Freedom Is The Biggest Lie, For We Are All Slaves To Fates Long Woven
Orion
On the edge of reason

Words: 112833
Joined roleplay: May 22nd, 2010, 9:43 pm
Location: Bleh... i like moving around.. a lot... in Zeltiva now... i guess
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Scrapbook

[Zeltiva University] Heavenly Recital (Phipreas, Please)

Postby Phipreas on July 30th, 2010, 3:15 pm

OOC: The God isn't a God, it's Orion, but as my character never seen his race before he sees them as a God. Sorry for misunderstanding, thought it was made clear by him posting first.

It was indeed a great honour to come here, as he hurried through the halls, avoiding the stares, as people glanced his wings, he wished for once, he hadn’t been given such a fine pair. They were too showy, and got him into much bother. Narrowly avoiding some students rushing to class, he took in the scenery, while in flight. Sure it wasn’t best way to travel down a place. But he hated moving with his tail.

The university was without a doubt gorgeous beyond measure, the halls radiated intelligence and studious education. The smell was heavenly, much like the seas around his homeland they really made him feel alive.

It was true he wasn’t much like the others of his race, being much happier and tad more violent (when necessary) but Phipreas found his uniqueness to be admirable.

Swerving past a older tutor, he heard him yell, “Bloody Akvatari!”

Finally coming to hall, he graciously came to the stage, seeing a vast influx of people, from all abouts, all to come hear him. That certainly made him smile. Viewing all the faces, he saw the many races and saw their heightening excitement on their many faces.

“Greetings Zeltiva University and Guests; I’m Phipreas.” he lowered himself to podium, the wings bringing many ‘oooooh’s and ‘awwws’.

“I understand many have come from great distances to hear this recital, so without further a do I shall begin. The name of the poem is Marriage of Nature.”

Once long ago, through mists
and time. A intricate blade was speared
into the ground. A magnificent
design on face with cat like
gem making it seem alive.
The owner fell with an almighty groan
screams of warfare with clashes of
swords and death cries, fire burning
standards littering and thrown
ragged to the floor, with pools of
blood collecting on the soil round it.
Years flew by, the blade
grew weary with age. Corpses
of the battlefield vanished as
nature took it natural and normal
course. The hourglass falling and
falling.

Taking a breath he glanced out of the corner of his eyes something amazing, peeking up he saw such a being, which words couldn’t describe. Forgetting all else, and everyone in the room, he focused every iota of his reading skills into pleasing this person; this person with the enigmatic grin.

As days and nights go by and by
rust engulfs the steel with
ravenous hunger, unyeilded by
the blade radiance and nobility.

He continued to read, passion flowing through the verse, while the person, began to listen in awe. No one spoke, coughed or made any interruption, but it wouldn’t have mattered Phipreas was focused only on this being. It aura shone with ferocity he feared he’d be blinded.

Taking a breath, he continued.

It's here the sword see's a seedling
shooting from the ground, rising
high and higher. Perplexed the
weapon watches as it grows
and changes day by day.

By now he knew everyone eyes were on him. And this fuelled him, he’d been nervous about this. He had worked day and night on this piece, reading myths and many tales, to bring forth this.

Taking a dramatic breath he blushed, but continued.

Months gone by, the seedling now
display flora. With sharp needle
like armour. While the earth
around the sword is dead
this bloom begins to twist
and curl slowly around the
blade. Slowly, sending
gasps and erasing the rust.
It reaches and reaches
higher and higher,
making it's way to
the pomel with seductive
ease. Climbing and spreading
it's voluptuous petals.

He could feel everyone eyes locked on him, locked on his lips, as each word brought forth from his larynx. The being was only thing Phipreas had eyes for, locked in a century while reading this epic he composed.

Resting his voice, he rang out the next stanza passion growing.

Round and round
and round. Now
over handle,
striking the spirit of
the sword. Sending
natural electrcity
through the weapon.

This part was rather innocuous he knew, and heard the people giggling to themselves, the being was grinning widely, and aura dancing as if fuelled by the emotion in the words.

Now he knew the end approacheth, and he now was transfixed by this being, almost lost for words. Not quite but almost. A God had come to hear him, this was a honour beyond words.

As it's reaches the top the
flower leans
provocatively against handle.

The sheer labour of reciting to an almighty being was making him nervous, he must make them never forget, they must remember what he did. Rising himself he let his wings out as he recited the Grand Finale.

The sword can't understand
but sighs and life begins to
grow round and and decades
turn centuries and centuries
to milleniums, they join to
binding in knotted unity
hardening and becoming
one. a mighty Rowan
was formed.

Breathing he bowed in the air, while a riotous applause broke out.

He looked for the God, but he saw no one, but he knew the God had left impressed.

Leaving the hall he smiled stretching a little.
Phipreas
The Last Paladin of Scotland

Words: 13006
Joined roleplay: July 29th, 2010, 11:00 am
Race: Akvatari
Character sheet

Postby Orion on July 30th, 2010, 5:02 pm

Orion`s mind went blank for a moment as he gazed at all the faces in the crowd; they looked as if something quite extraordinary was going on behind his back. So he turned, hoping for a surprise, hoping for both amusement and amazement, what his eyes found there was an Akvatari, a simple being of higher reason. All of his kind were beautyful in they own way, but this specimen had somewhat different wings, they were in so many colours, so many shades, looking at them felt almost like looking at the rainbow. And so he litsened to the poet spill his verse, every word flowed into the mind of the eager Ethaefal, begging for more. The verses went on, the lines grew deeper as they carved their way into the memory of the enchanted crowd. Orion found himself fantasizing, remembering great many things that sneaked his mind over the past years, yet were unable to surface. It truly was a thing brought out only by emotion, or more of them, no matter to whom they belonged. Looking around once more, the crowd was mesmerized, no even further than that, Orion could never understand that feeling, except when facing a woman of course, and a beautyful one at that.

Smile grew wider on the face of the litsener, his eyes peeled onto the poet. There was something in the way he acted on that stage, almost as if he tried to bring the words closer to reality, but he could not do much more to deepen his already great performance. The voice in which he layed down the words shifted with the moods, as if it was controling the room, and all of the souls within the grasp of the voice from the stage. Even the brutes that were kicking the farting man somwhere in the background had stopped some time ago, but Orion began to realize it only later, as he was too occupied with the poem. And as he felt the end drawing near, he quietly started moving towards the door as quietly as he could. After all he wanted to exit the room when the poem ends, not a moment sooner, not a moment later. The all so enchanted crowd was quickly pulled back into reallity as everyone had something to do, or somewhere to run to as soon as the show was over.

Orion was not going to leave just like that, he needed to learn more of the creator of those powerful words, more of his poetry, more... He leaned onto the wall that was next to the door and was now looking towards the door on his right, waiting for the poet to come out. The wait was not long, as he saw a wing coming out of the door he looked at the Akvatari speaking in barely more than a whisper: "That was quite the performance you put on there. I consider myself honoured to have been given a chance to whitness it" Orion bowed his head somewhat as his lyrical line was over. The bow itself was more of a sign of respect than anything else, yet, maybe it was not the right thing to do. Anyway, the mind kept moving onwards, quickly leaving a mundane dilemma like that in the past.

"So tell me, what is your name, aspiring poet?" he smiled as wide as he could as he said those words, for even if the show was short, and the road the Akvatari had to pass in order to perform it, it was all worth the trouble. And the man responsible for so many people being under his spell, he needed to know how well he did.
Orion
On the edge of reason

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Phipreas on July 31st, 2010, 2:19 pm

Smiling congenially he replied, "Phipreas, thank you for coming, it's a great honour."

It was an honour beyond words, the being was talking to him, he was talking to a lesser one as an equal even. There were no words he could compose or form to express his absolute child-like delight at this proclamation, this chance bestowed on him by powers that be.

"But, I have to ask, why would someone as powerful as you, come to my recital?"

It was driving him insane, he wasn't worthy he made mistakes, so why was the being giving him elations of 'well done' it didn't make sense.

He sighed and smiled, blushing a little.
Phipreas

Character sheet

Postby Orion on July 31st, 2010, 2:51 pm

Did the Akvatari just call him powerfull? Orion thought about it for a while, there was no way that his ears had decieved him, but never the less it was still a matter that kept poking at the inner reaches of his mind. Looking around, he was glad his companion was an Akvatari as everyone were casually trying to avoid touching his wings or even getting close to them, that way they had more room than they could ever need, even tho the corridor was relatively crowded. That`s it, he just had an idea, Phipreas must have fallen recently and hit his head really hard, what other explanation could he come up with from what he has heard. Still smiling a bit to himself, he discarded the thought as he looked at the man in front of him a bit closer. He wanted to know more about this strange poet and his beliefs of power, power that came from Orion? So he decided he can play along with his little game for a while, after all, the morning was just starting and there were many roads yet to be taken before the night would enslave his form.

His dusky eyes fixed onto Phip as he had yet another set of questions, but all in due time, one by one was the way to go, and that order shall be honoured for now. His hair got shifted by a sudden gust of win coming from the closing of a nearby door, so he simply moved it back a bit while revealing pointy ends of his subtle white horns at the back of his head. He crossed his eyes across his chest looking at the one in front of him as if he was investigating him, awaiting for that answer, and somehow even if unwillingly, he felt he could still make this Akvatari tell him anything. The thought gave him something to think about as his ego started burning up a bit while shifting in the storms of aroggancy inside him.

"So tell me Phipreas, why did you consider me powerfull, i am pretty sure there were other stronger looking persons in the crowd that whitnessed your performance" he sighsed slightly as he saw people strugling to get past the Akvatari without disturbing his peace.
Orion
On the edge of reason

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Phipreas on August 1st, 2010, 6:15 pm

That was such an odd thing to ask, surely it was a test, why else would a deity ask such a question - only as a way to find who his true worshippers were. Bowing he replied, "Well, with such an aura as yours, surely it would be apparent to a mere mortal as me, and with featured that seem to be carved by the finest artisans. How can you ask different?"

Continuing his pondering, he carefully let people pass, watching them stare at his wings, those wings, those beautiful aerodynamic pair, glowing with an almost stunning sheen. Even the most amazing Churches didn't have windows this vibrant or beauteous, that could blind people with how they stood in magnificence. Not to mention, many of his people were jealous of those, but if anyone touched them, he flew off the handle, into an ungodly rage. They were on the 'Look, but don't touch' list.

He didn't care if it was wrong to be admired mainly for that, his poetry gave him a purpose, his wings gave him vanity. Anything else was a reward within itself.
Phipreas

Character sheet

Postby Orion on August 2nd, 2010, 3:42 pm

Amused by his wannabe worshiper, Orion slowly layed hands on the shoulders of the Akvatari slowly raising him back up before starting to laugh out loud. That was the limit to which he could compress what he thought of all this, it was ridiculous, there was no other word to describe the blind worship he was getting all of a sudden. Maybe he should tell Phipreas what is really going on, just end this meaningless show, but no, he still had time to play around, and the man should be able to figure it out eventualy, so why spoil the fun? Maybe he should just walk away before he gets the strangers hopes up too much? Well that was one of the ways to put an end to this, but, it was a boring morning, so Orion guessed he can put up with what would seem to be a worshiper on his tail, well so to speak.

It was many moments now, as both chimes and bells became one, all mometns equal in length, all of them randomly connected and in that connection unbelieveably..... boring. To put him out of his own misery, Orion turned to the man again, thinking about what he should ask him next. And there it was, it was so simple, yet amusing, that Orion had no idea how come he did not think of it sooner. His lips parting after a few moments of trying to supress his laughter that was about to burst out, he spoke both liricaly and silently: "So tell me Phipreas, there are many gods in this world, yet you find me grand beyond some meassure, what triggered that?" Orion finished absently while unsure did he say it the right way. He felt wierd while he was repeating the Akvatari`s name, but it needed repetition in order to be remembered, and such a strange name it was.
Last edited by Orion on August 9th, 2010, 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Orion
On the edge of reason

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Phipreas on August 5th, 2010, 4:02 pm

That was a hard one, but Phipreas couldn't help being rather struck by this being, so he had to answer, "It's largely due to fact, I worship no being, that a God would come to my recitals is more than I can ever ask for."

It was getting late, so he hoped this conversation wouldn't go on to long he was hungry and wanted to go for a short fly before sleeping. But, he wouldn't leave, until the being gave him permission, so for now he just floated there, glancing around at everyone, some people smiled at him. Those were the people at the recital he had guessed. But many were just in a huge hurry and had no time to smile let alone wave or friendly.

Stretching he looked to the being, waiting for an answer, he wanted to know all he could find out. Would it be wrong to leave now. He should wait, but the space between dialogue was deafening.
Phipreas

Character sheet

Postby Orion on August 10th, 2010, 10:54 am

Orion just stood in place looking down the hall onto the distant glimpses of the passing people, when he suddenly realised this conversation has not ended yet. The sheer knowledge of the fact made him turn towards the one he spoke with and go with the flow. The being in front of him became edgy, it was time to leave without making too much noise. Yes, a subtle exit is what was needed in order for him to become one with the crowd and dissapear all over again. He spoke, his words short, lyrical tone clearly present: "This is where we part....." pausing briefly, Orion took a deep breath and went on: "Phipreas.... yes, that is your name..." the rest of the sentance was more so that he would not forget the name of the Akvatari in the long run, but it still was out loud so it left out a strange silence pressing down upon them.

Simply turning away and leaving this scene was all that was left to do, in his mind at least, and so Orion succumbed to his own will as he slowly started walking towards the exit. A few feet away from Phipreas, there was a stop in his movements as he murmured: "Farewell, until another time" pressing one of his hands on the ache in his neck, he used the other one to wave at the man behind him. A simple movement, and the hand that was on the neck was now pulling a hood over his face and he was once more.... one with the crowd. That may not have been true, as he was still too tall for a normal citizen, but at least he would not go around looking like a glowstick anytime soon. A change will soon come, a private change, and he was not willing to share it with anyone, not yet.

OOC: Sorry, was away for a couple of days, feel free to finish the thread and i shall submit it for review.
Orion
On the edge of reason

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Phipreas on August 10th, 2010, 6:43 pm

Turning round Phipreas realized the person had vanished. He hoped he hadn't offended the being. But otherwise he needed to leave and be free from all the crowd, escaping out the door, he flew into the air, looking at the city from the sky. It was a sight to behold, the university like a huge diamond in-between the genericness.

But, nonetheless, it was sure a gorgeous place, really shone like that of the most precious of stones. A refuge for the intelligentsia and the philosopher of this time.

Unlike Abura, it was accessible by all the beings, but thankfully the Zith or the Myrians never frequented this area.

The sun shone over, as he watched it setting from high up, going under the Cobalt Mountains. A wondrous fiery ball of inspiration and light. A piercing sphere that shone with great incandescent light.

Finally watching it vanish completely he smiled. Today had been a good day, and he would remember this one for a long time.
Phipreas

Character sheet

Next