PM to join (Inclement Weather) Empty Chair (Alori)

While the rest of the night club is partying the night away, six Endal quietly mourn the death of their friend.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

(Inclement Weather) Empty Chair (Alori)

Postby Turrin on September 10th, 2013, 3:15 am

Time Stamp: 46th of Fall, 513AV
Who: Turrin and Aela

“I heard the ice as been growing at alarming rates all over the shores of Thunder Bay. At this rate, we might want to take up ice fishing to feed the everyone,” Sitting at a table with six other riders, Turrin listened to his fellow riders with quiet curiosity. He heard about the rider that was lost in Taldera this morning, and everyone the table was shocked at the lost of their friend. He was surprised at how early and quickly the cold was coming this year. Most of the large game have started preparing to hibernate for the upcoming winter, so it was harder to find large game. To make matters worse, the Valintar was pressing the Endal to seek food in the bay, but the bitter cold and the storms coming down from Taldera have made it almost impossible to flyover the bay. Turrin lifted his head when one of the Endal women spoke quietly as she looked out into the crowd that cluttered the Inclement Weather in common, “They ask for more and more from us, but we are only human..err sorry Turrin half human.” Turrin gave the Endal woman a smirk and said plainly in common, “No need to be sorry, Miya. I know what I am and accepted it along time ago, a half-breed. Besides Dira isn't particular about race my friend when it comes to starvation. I just hope the Skyinarta holds together till next spring, and with the earthquakes and tremors, starvation will be the least of our worries this winter.” Everyone at the table nodded at his comment, but Turrin knew his mother's home was in trouble, and when people find out there isn't enough food to go around. There might be violence in the warrens and the dark corners of Wind Reach. Miya looked at him and said with laugh, “Does anyone want some water? I'll go get a pitcher!” The five other Endals at the table snort and shook their head at the thought. Breaking the silence, Turrin said with a smirk, “Only if you have the first glass, I think I rather take my chances with a horny Tskannas than drink the water here.”

The look of confusion on their faces was priceless to Turrin as they stared at the Myrian in utter confusion. He enjoyed teasing his Endal brothers and sister in arms because when he talked about his old homeland, they tended stare at him in either confusion or wonder. He knew they didn't mean any harm by it since they couldn't help themselves that they were born barbarians. Miya took a sip of her ale and said hesitantly, “Since I am the only one brave enough to ask, what in Ivak name is Tsss..kan..arous, and what do they look like when they are horny?” She looked around at the other four Endal at the round table, but they were to absorbed in there drinking and listened to add to her question. Hearing the drum beats from the dance floor, Turrin started to move his head to the music and said plainly, “Well a Tskannas is a massive creature from Falyndar that the Myrian's use as our beast of burden. They do the majority of the heavy lifting and moving huge loads for us in Taloba. Anyways the best way to describe them,” Turrin paused for a few ticks to think of the best way to describe them, “Alright, I want you to think of a hairless mouse with huge ears and long nose that looks like a long tube. Now a Tskannas is about the size of a wind eagle, so everything on the massive beast is huge. Now I want you to picture a bull Tskannas with a huge pen...”

Turrin was interrupted by laughter from the rest of the table, and Miya holding up two hands to stop him from continuing and said with hint of red on her face, “Alright, Turrin. I think you made your point. Can we change the subject away from...” Turrin downed his drink and interrupted with a small laugh, “Penises. Yes, they are quite large.. The Tskannas trainer said they get double the size when they..” Turrin was interrupted again by her slamming her fist on the table and said bluntly, “If you say one more word, I am leaving!” The Myrian laughed to himself, grabbed the pitcher of beer, and poured himself a drink, and said in a serious tone, “Honestly, we need to start hunting south where it is warmer, but I wonder how the Isur and humans of Lhavit would feel about us encroaching on their land.” Even though the sounds of revelry echoed throughout the club, there was complete silence and troubled looks around the table of Endal. Every hunter at the table knew winter was coming and Dira along with it. Turrin took the seventh mug at the table, pour it full with ale, and stood up. Turrin held up the remaining mug of ale and said out loud in a somber tone, “We all know Endal Teera and the Wind Eagle Narvas lost their lives over Thunder Bay, and to many of us, we called them friend, but I just wanted to say that they will never be forgotten by either of us. They gave their lives, so the people of Wind Reach could go to sleep with full bellies, and in doing so, they both earned honored seats besides our ancestors in the afterlife.” When the Myrian was finished with his last words of them, he put the mug on the table by the empty chair and sat back down.
Last edited by Turrin on March 16th, 2014, 5:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Myrian, Common, Nari , Aponivi, Turrin

Thank you Nyxie Nadira Draer for the posting template.
Turrin
No Chains will Hold Me

Words: 581340
Joined roleplay: September 3rd, 2013, 1:13 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Alori Sai on September 23rd, 2013, 11:11 pm

A normal evening at the Inclement Weather, and as usual a few times a week, though closer to the weekend, Alori could be found in the club, dancing the night away or playing her guitar. It was no different this night. The teen was in the club and in a very joyous mood. Something wonderful had happened just recently, the Avora had been chosen by Durveth the Wind eagle as her bonded rider. The whole thing had been unexpected and even scary, but the more she stayed with her, the more Alori realized how much they were alike.

It was an interesting relationship with the mouthy bird and she learned quickly that they didn't agree on everything. There was also something very different with the bird, a possible effect from the djed storm, which held it's own irony given the face that Alori had been touched by the very God who's pint up energy caused it. The two had a lot of growing to do, and learning each other as well. The reckless leading the reckless didn't sound like a good thing, but they would have to find a way to make it work. But for now, she wasn't worried about that, she wanted to celebrate..again.

Alori threw her arms up as she danced harder. The pulsing drums, and the warm bodies, already calling to her and drawing out the fire. The little huntress rolled her hips, bent her knees and twisted about. Her arms moved above her head and down to her sides, her back arched, hips swerving with the music as she danced along. Closing her eyes for a moment, the teen combed her fingers through her hair as the music and darkness consumed her once again.

x
Alori Sai
Child of Ivak

Words: 442256
Joined roleplay: May 12th, 2012, 5:22 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Turrin on September 30th, 2013, 3:18 am

When the memorial services for the fallen Endal was complete, Turrin decided to blow off some steam with the rest of revelry. Downing his drink, Turrin closed his eyes as he walked out into the dance floor. He remembered the dancing of his father's homeland, and the dance was more spiritual and ritualistic compared to the dance of fiery Inarta. Turrin started to bob his head to the rhythm of the drums as he snaked his way through the crowded dance floor. The large Endal started to move his body to rhythm of music. Twisting and turning the Myrian raised his hands in the air with the bass of the drums. When the tempo of the music started to increase, the sweaty bodies of the people around him started to move quickly. Turrin noticed a woman with long crimson hair dancing with him. He smiled at her and kept his hands to his side. Suddenly the woman winked at him, reached out took his hands, and placed them on her hips. As she moved closer to him, he could smell on combination of flowers and alcohol coming from her. It wasn't a bad combination fragrance, so he allowed her to dance closer to him. Turrin let the music and the woman lead him through the remainder of the song. When it was over, the woman smiled up at him and walked away towards the bar.

The next song was the crowds favorite, and everyone on the dance floor started to cheer as the song started with a slow beat of the drums. To Turrin, it sounded like a marching sound for a War Party in Tolaba, but the dancers erupted into a fury of moment when rhythm of the drums and the tempo of the rest of the music started to increase. Turrin closed his eyes and started to move to the sound of the music. He remembered his mother telling him to just the music take him where it wanted you to go. The heat of the bodies, music, and alcohol seemed to slow time for the Endal as he danced and watched the people around him. Suddenly, the man's golden eyes fell upon a short young woman with long crimson hair with spattering of blond in it. Turrin thought to himself, “She must be a mixed blood like me.” As he danced a yard or two away from her, Turrin admired her athletic body gyrate on the dance floor. It was splendid sight to watch, but he wanted more, so he made his way to the young beauty. He didn't want to surprise her by coming from behind, so he ran a hand through his burgundy hair and started to dance with her. The Endal gave her a smile as he started to move his body with the rhythm of the music.

Turrin
No Chains will Hold Me

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Alori Sai on October 7th, 2013, 9:32 pm

The dance floor was a friendly place, possibly the most friendly in all of the city. Where else could one go and celebrate with a crowd of people and join into the fun and excitement without knowing any of the people around. It didn't take long for others to gather around her, it never did. Alori had become noticed as being there often, and as long as those around her didn't start trouble, or get too handsey, she was fine to dance with them.

A new song started up, and Alori found herself sandwiched between dance partners. She turned her head slightly to glance over her shoulder at the guy behind her and back to the woman dancing in front. The teen's hand rose and fingers slipped through her hair, back arched and she bent her knees while staying on the flat of her boots. Alori flipped her hair back so that she could see behind and over her shoulder, arms to hung limp at her sides. She continued to sway her legs in and out as she rocked her hips back and forth to the music.

As it was, dances never lasted long, people either switched partners or moved off the floor more a more intimate encounter. Once the man and woman moved away, Alori danced on her own for a bit until she noticed a tanned skin man with dark hair coming towards her. He was very tall and she had to tilt her head upward just to find his face. This man easily stuck out of the rest of the crowd as he moved closer. Pausing for a moment to take a quick breath, the teen eyed the man as he started to dance in front of her. She wondered if he had been watching her, to part the crowd as he had just to dance with her.

Alori didn't say a thing to him, instead she just winked and started to dance again, she wanted to see if this guy come move.

x
Alori Sai
Child of Ivak

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Turrin on October 29th, 2013, 3:26 am

Turrin noticed the wink the half-Myrian gave her a smile. He didn't want to invade her personal space at the moment, so he moved slightly closer to her and started to move his large body with the music. It was a nice feeling letting go of stress of the season, so when the beat started to pick up, he closed his eyes, and started to bob his head to the beat allowing his burgundy hair to fly in his face. The alcohol flowing through his veins made the music feel thick around his body, so he started to sway to the music. Eventually, the music beat started to pick up and the large man start to move his feet back and forth with the up and down beats of the song. As the music continued, he started to side step left to right trying to keep in rhythm with the music. The half-Myrian mixed up his foot work occasionally moving to a forward step towards the young woman, but he moved back as quickly with the music.

Opening his eyes, Turrin gave the young woman a smile and started to move his shoulders to music. He was starting to have fun now, so he started to move his arms down by his waist. He knew that he must be looking like a complete fool in front of her, but he was having a fun. When the beat of the music started to slow, he started to slow his movements to mimic the pace of the music. Running his hands through his hair, he continued his dance till the music picked up again. When the music beat switched quickly from slow to a gradual faster pace. The Myrian started try to keep up his movement of his feet to match the music. The pace was invigorating as he felt his heart beat faster and faster as he tried to match the other Inarta around him. His golden eyes caught the green eyes of the red hair young woman in front of him. He gave her a grin and continued with his dance.

Turrin
No Chains will Hold Me

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Alori Sai on November 13th, 2013, 4:58 am

Alori smiled to the man as he danced, it was..different than what she was used to seeing from guys. But different didn't mean bad. It was refreshing in a way and she was sure that his dance had something to do with his people and where he came from. It was the same for her as well, everything she had learned about dancing was learned right there in the club where she was now. Dances she picked up by watching others and the ones people saw fit to teach her to do.

Fiery eyes of brown followed his movements, one foot stepping closer after each twist of her slender hips. Once she was closer, the teen spun around, leaning forward, she arched her back as she whipped her hair over then back across her face. A single arm swung out closely, but her hand never touched his chest as she moved. She lifted her arms above her head, head turned and eyes lowered as she watched her own movements while keeping an eye on him.

She was closer to him now, but didn't crowd him as he hadn't done to her. Foreigners had strange ways and she didn't know what dancing so closely would mean to him. He was more than twice her size and she didn't want a huge, angry man pissed off with her in the middle of a dark club. But what she had done was show him that she was ok with more closeness, though that didn't mean that he had to.

"So, you got a name? You must be new to the city? I know I've never seen you here..you're kinda hard to miss. I'm Alori by the way." The sudden change of beat that picked up cause her to dance faster also, popping her hips and moving her body with the music that seemed to surround them.

x
Alori Sai
Child of Ivak

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Edric Wingard on March 16th, 2014, 4:05 pm

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found graded.

Overall Comments
Hey, Turrin.

So just a quick reference for your character in terms of Lore. The Inarta have no memory of the god Ivak. When he was imprisoned within their volcano, the gods cleared their memory of his existence and whenever he is mentioned to them in other cities, they forgot about him almost immediately. Thus that reference in your first post really shouldn't have happened.

Overall, this was a short thread, so I gave points where I thought I could. I had difficulty handing out Lores for this thread as the majority of it were things your character already knew, rather than learned material.

If there are any discrepancies regarding your grades, please PM me your concerns.

Turrin
Experience Points.
Socialization 1 XP
Leadership 1 XP
Observation 1 XP
Dancing 2 XP

Lores.
  • Alori: Friendly
  • Animal: Tskannas
Edric Wingard
Freedom Rider.

Words: 158380