Completed [Cobalt Mountains]Archery Challenge(Roderick)

Sei and Roderick have a contest to see who can catch to animals there size or higher first. Who will win?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

[Cobalt Mountains]Archery Challenge(Roderick)

Postby Sei Tendo on September 13th, 2013, 9:55 pm

Sei pushed past his thoughts, and chased the deer. He pressed through the woods, and soon found the tracks he was looking for. He traced them and bent on his knees, and sniffed the track. It was deer, and he looked at the tracks. He followed them, until the deer was underneath a tree. Unbeknownst to Sei, Roderick was in that tree, he watched deer intently, and began to lift his bow.
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Words: 228595
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2013, 7:33 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Roderick on September 13th, 2013, 10:06 pm

With the deer laid out before him, he felt his fingers closing about the string, his shoulders and arms moving back into position, muscles clenching in preparation for taking the shot. With the string next to his lip, the hunter stared down the shaft at his target, aiming for its chest; the chances of striking the head were too small for him to risk missing the deer and scaring it away. Gloved fingers held the string in place, while his breathing slowed to a whisper; everything about him came into sharp focus - every leaf seemed to slow down. His chest tightened as the flow of air inside his lungs slowed to a trickle.

As he released the string, he felt everything rush back to normalcy about him. Hearing its approach, the deer made to flee, but was too slow to escape and was pierced by the arrows tip. Watching as it collapsed to the forest floor, the Zeltivan stood and let his breath return, hearing it rattle in his ears. His head swam for a moment as he returned his breathing to its normal rate, his heart pounding from the adrenaline that coursed through his veins. Slinging his weapon about him, he started down to his newest catch, feet quiet on the grass and dirt spread across the ground. One foot in front of the other he still found himself moving quietly, even though there was no need for stealth now. Drawing near, he saw that it was still alive, though only barely. Breathing rapidly, the animal would eventually bleed out, he knew, leaving him with a carcass to skin; the money he'd make from this animal would be quite good, he imagined. Drawing a knife free, he slid its edge across the animal's throat, ending it. Straightening with his bloodied weapon in hand, he grinned broadly to himself, then threw back his head and practically howled in triumph-

"CHALLENGE!"
Last edited by Roderick on October 9th, 2013, 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thoughts
"Speech"
Standard text

If there is ever a time when I don't post within a thread - or create one - within a few days, send me a PM; the chances are I may have accidentally forgotten.
Roderick
Player

Words: 294797
Joined roleplay: July 20th, 2013, 9:10 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Sei Tendo on September 13th, 2013, 10:28 pm

"SHYKE!!" Sei swore, looking at the deer. He had lost. Again. He ran over to the deer, and looked up the tree. He gave Rod a thumbs up and sighed. He inspected the deer and gave another sigh. He then walked away. "I guess you better drag that and come with me. I caught a petchin' bear." He said, pointing to his bloodsoaked shirt. He was disappointed, but he still caught a bear. He led Roderick through the woods, and stopped in front of the mighty beast. "Cool huh?" He asked, but held up his hand. "Drop your deer off here and take me to your other catch." He said.
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Words: 228595
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2013, 7:33 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Roderick on September 13th, 2013, 10:42 pm

With a surprised look at Sei as the Kelvic mentioned that he'd caught a bear, Roderick grabbed the deer's legs and dragged the animal along side him as he followed the Kelvic to his catch. Stopping several times to catch his breath, he forced himself to keep moving at the Kelvic's pace. Before long his arms were burning with the effort, but he clamped his jaw shut and fought through the pain, commanding his feet to keep moving. It's no problem. I can do this.

When they finally reached the bear, he gave a low whistle, "Cool huh?" Sei said, nodding in agreement, he followed the kelvic's instructions and dropped his deer on the ground, following Tendo back to his other piece of prey. His boots slid on the leaves and it took a lot of effort to remain standing, managed only by gripping the rough bark of the trees as a form of support. At one point he nearly fell completely, saving himself by clutching onto a tree. St
Roderick did just that, leading Sei back the way they had just come. At last they caught sight of the two boars lying on the ground made him feel proud, and he turned and smiled at Sei.
"Not bad, eh?" he grabbed hold of the larger boar, jerking his head in the direction of the smaller one, "You grab that one," he started dragging his catch up the hill, leaving the other hunter to deal with the other one.

Making his way back up proved to be even harder than before, especially with the dead weight he held in his arms. Stopping three times to rest his arms and catch his breath, the hunter forced himself to continue up the remaining stretch of the hill without stopping, dropping the boar at the top and bending over, panting and tired. Stretching his arms and feeling the pains in his back, he waited for a few minutes until Sei had caught up with him, then took hold of his catch again and set off towards the bear. Already he knew that by the time he reached it his arms would be aching and as close to falling off as they could be.
Thoughts
"Speech"
Standard text

If there is ever a time when I don't post within a thread - or create one - within a few days, send me a PM; the chances are I may have accidentally forgotten.
Roderick
Player

Words: 294797
Joined roleplay: July 20th, 2013, 9:10 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Radiant on October 10th, 2013, 11:08 am

njaa

Sei :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation +1 XP
Tracking +2 XP
Hunting +2 XP
Running +2 XP
Weapon: Longbow +1 XP
Climbing +1 XP
Stealth +1 XP
Acrobatic +1 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Archery Competition With Roderick
Tracking: Bear
A Lucky Shot
Competition First Kill: Bear
Tracking: Deer
Deers Are Fast Runners
Competition: Lost

Loots

Roderick :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Tracking +3 XP
Observation +2 XP
Hunting +2 XP
Weapon: Longbow +2 XP
Climbing +1 XP
Weapon: Knife +1 XP
Acrobatics +1 XP
Running +1 XP
Body Building +1 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Archery Competition With Sei
Favorite Activity: Leaning Against Trees
Tracking: Boar
Hunting Technique: Baits
Competition First Kill: Boar
Competition Second Kill: Deer
Competition: Victory

Loots

Notes :
Sei, I love your posts now, you showed him having difficulties as a Novice, however I have some issues.

Sei wrote:He lifted his bow in a flash, and launched an arrow in the blink of an eye.

How could you do that as a novice? :) I would advise you not using exaggerating words for describing his actions until he could actually do it.

Also, Longbows are large and not suitable for close-range combat. It also requires more stretching than shortbows. It should be stretching for him to shoot that fast using a longbow. I gave you an XP penalty in longbow for it.

I advise researching more into the weapons Sei uses to provide you (the player) with OOC knowledge about it.

Roderick, I love your posts as well. They're much longer and meaty that they used to be. Keep up the good job! :D :thumbsup:

As for the combat with the boar. The boar was severely wounded so I understand him having a rather easy time with it. If it's at full strength, then Rod wouldn't have won fighting using a knife as a novice wielder. Whether you kept that in mind when you posted or not, still good job.

My radiance is not bright enough?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, beam me a PM and we can work it out. :)
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous