Completed [Sei's Apartment]Fluxing Your Muscles

Sei learns Flux.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Sei's Apartment]Fluxing Your Muscles

Postby Sei Tendo on September 13th, 2013, 2:51 pm

Sei Tendo
15th of Fall, 6th of bell, 513AV

Sei laid on his belly, and proped himself upward with his elbows. He was reading a worn tome, and he turned the page. He looked over the page, and replayed the words, reading them out loud. "'To use Flux, one must tap into his djed. Focus on finding it inside oneself, and imagine a stream flowing into the desired place. One might experience a twinge of a tingle in the desired area, when this occurs, it means that the djed is traveling.'" He recited. He turned over and sat on the bed. He closed his eyes and relaxed. Taking a deep breath, he exhaled through his mouth, and cleared his mind. His hand started to tingle, and he punched the floor lightly. A thud could be heard, but as he looked down he decided it was worth the slight amount of pain. He rubbed his hand, and found no sign of broken, or fractured bones.

He decided practice made perfect, and after the sting in his hand went away, he decided to do some meditation. He closed the tome, and sat it on the dresser before exiting into the living area. He sat crossed legged on the cool floor, and closed his eyes. He inhaled deeply through his nose, and exhaled through his mouth. He evened his breathing, and listened to the pounding of the rain outside. He seered the image of a stream in his mind, and took another deep breath. He sat completely still, and the only movement was from his chest as he breathed. The only noise that could be hear was the pitter-patter of the rain, and inhale and exhale of his breathing. His heart slowed, and he cleared his mind of all distractions. He tapped into his mind, and felt the warmth inside of him flow through his left arm. He jumped up in surprise, and felt a slight retraction of warmth in his left arm. "What the petch?!" He exclaimed, rubbing his arm. Then he rembered what he'd read in the tome at the beginning. 'Warmth is only a feeling of the right amount of djed flowing into an area. This happens to beginners who have focused enough djed to complete a flow.' His head whipped around to his arm.

"Holy shyke!" He had done a complete transition of djed, when he had only just started.

His heart was racing, and he felt like he could burst through walls. But he quickly turned his smile to a frown. The tome had said Flux can break steel almost, but that doesn't mean the user won't feel it. "So if I hit a wall, even if my hand goes through it, I'll still break every last bone, and would still feel the pain." He muttered. He smiled again and resumed his earlier position. He sat crossed legged and evened his breathing, and slowed his beat. He listened to the pounding rain, and pressed deeper into his mind. He focused on the earlier warmth, and flinched as it traveled down his left arm. Just because it made him powerfull didn't mean it felt any less weird. It was.. Strange, yet soothing. He opened his eyes, which stopped the flow of warmth, and punched the ground lightly. Lighting his stinging hand, he smirked as he looked at the dent he had made. It was bigger than before, and he was loving every second.

He went back into his bedroom, and opened the tome to were he had left off after sprawling onto his bed. "So how the petch do I remove the djed from my arms?" He hissed, flipping through the pages. He stopped at a page labelled "Retracting Flux", and read the page thoroughly. He sat upright on his bed. And closed his eyes. Focus on a pull, and feel a twinge of cold draing the desired area. He recited mentally. He focused on pulling his djed to his center, and felt a slight pull in his arm. He wanted to hold his arm, but he could damage himself if he lost his focus. When he could no longer feel the warmth in his arm, he opened his eyes slowly, and realized he was sweating. "This is more taxing than I thought." He wheezed. He took out a blank book and quill from his rucksack, and removed the vial pendant of ink from his neck. He opened the book to the first blank page, and dipped the quil into the ink. He though carefully, and began to write:

'Flux Notes
If I focus on meditation and even my breathing, I can feel a strange warmth in my chest. When I imagine a flow connecting to another point in my body, I get a feeling of traveling warmth. Focusing the warmth generates a small amount of flux into my desired place. My flux is able to dent the floor in the apartment, but I must be aware that even though my strength is enhanced, I can still feel pain. If I punch through a wall, I will most definitely break all the bones in my hands, and the pain would be immense.'
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Words: 228595
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2013, 7:33 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Sei Tendo on September 13th, 2013, 3:41 pm

Sei Tendo

He left the book open on his bed, and put his pendant back around his neck. He placed the quil next to the tome, and went back into the living area. The rain was still going, but it was a good think. The rain created the sound of water, allowing him to focus on the flow of his djed. He decided to take a break, seeing as how his breathing was heavy, and he was covered in sweat. He sat cross legged, and chose to meditate. He pressed into his mind, and focused on his breathing. He inhaled deeply, and exhaled slowly. He closed his eyes, and listened to the steady sound of rain. He continued his meditation until he was no longer sweating, and when his breathing was even once again. He stood slowly, and relaxed. After this, he would need a lot of training materials, and many traing sessions as well.

He once again closed his eyes, and focused on summoning the warmth of djed in his chest. He tried to get a nice flow, but it was stop-go, stop-go, stop-go. It was irritating, and frustration over flowed his features. He swore under his breath, and tried to bring back his focus. He was to exhausted to focus. If he kept pushing, he could hurt himself, and that was not an option. He grumpled something and went back to his bedroom. He sparwled onto the bed and began to finish off the tome. He poked his arm, checking to see if he was alright, and resumed his lesson. After a quite a few chimes, he rose from his bed. He was ready to begin his training again, and he paused a moment to look at the tome. His body was stiff, and when he stood, he could hear the pops and snaps of his stiff joints. He groaned a bit, and sat back on his bed.

His mind was still trying to take in what he'd read, and he decided to write down some notes. He took up his quill, and dipped it into the vial. He wrote slowly:

'Flux is taxing on the body. Without the proper flow of djed, I risk serious injury, and could cause serious damage to my joints. My best option is to endure using it four times, and waiting a couple of bells before resuming the lesson. Acording to the the tome, the use of my djed is what is taxing my body. I've never tapped into my djed, therefore, this is a new sensation for me. The djed is just a warmflow of energy inside oneself, and acording to the tome is what makes everything work.'

He closed the vial, and stood on his feet, leaving the book open. He walked into the living area, and began his meditation skills. He evened his breathing, and focused on the rain. He tried to keep his eyes open, but failed to focus on his djed, leading him to close them. He decided to try his right arm, as not to put to much stress on his left, and searched for the warmth in his chest. He tapped into the warmth, and felt the warmth go from his shoulders to his hand. He tried his best to focus on sealing the djed in place, and punched the floor. He winced in pain, and rubbed his knuckles, and was pleased to find a bigger dent that before. He could still feel a bit of warmth, so he tapped the floor, creating a tiny dent. When he had used up all the warmth, once again he was breathless, and he was soaked in sweat. He would call it a day and start again tomorrow.
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Words: 228595
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2013, 7:33 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Radiant on October 9th, 2013, 2:20 pm

Sei :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation +1 XP
Reading +1 XP
Meditation +2 XP
Writing +1 XP
Flux +1 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Flux: The Basics

Consequences
Cracked Bone fingers on both of his hands. It would take 30 days to heal (Healable instantly by a Mark 2 Healer)

Notes :
Sei, while I love your now longer solos. I found it hard to believe his arm with novice flux, could cause a dent in the stone floor of the apartment. Even if that's possible, you did it without even breaking a bone...

Please keep this in mind. You are still a novice at Flux so you can slightly enhance the speed and strength of your blows but by no means enough to dent a firm stone floor. I gave Sei an injury as the logical result of him punching a stone floor.

My radiance is not bright enough?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, beam me a PM and we can work it out. :)
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)