Completed [Stone Garden] Sleeping Stones {Shiress}

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Stone Garden] Sleeping Stones {Shiress}

Postby Hadyn Skellig on September 16th, 2013, 4:14 pm

9th of Fall
513 AV
Morning

Hadyn Skellig closed her eyes, the sun's light warming her face as she sat in solitude. The woman was not a regular to the Stone Gardens having only visited perhaps three or four times in her life. But it was quiet and unpopulated. The early bell saw only two other patrons of the sacred space, one clearly a groundskeeper. The brunette had been sitting there for half a bell, significantly earlier than the planned meeting time. But the peace and quiet was welcomed, the dull hum of Syliras distant and unobtrusive.

She wasn't dressed for work - another anomaly this morning. Though dark homespun gown was snug the slowly growing bump of her midsection visible only in profile. She preferred not to showcase her situation but neither did she attempt to hide it. Her dark hair was swept up in an unkempt bun, hastily pulled together but secure nonetheless. The only sign of her laborious profession were the sturdy boots and smudge of soot on her cheekbone from the night prior.

It was becoming increasingly difficult to perform her job, not because of any physical limitation but rather the constant bothering of her coworkers. So she began working late bells just to avoid their incessant nagging and hovering. There was no way Orion's little brat growing inside her was stopping her from smithing. Not yet at least.

Tilting her face toward the warmth of the sun the woman sighed, basking in the rays she so rarely got to enjoy. The bench upon which she sat was set back from the garden itself, secluded but not completely out of view of passerby's. It was Shiress' idea that they meet here. Hadyn was thankful for the serenity and made a point to remember this place for the future. No doubt she'd be in need of a quiet calm space in seasons to come.
Last edited by Hadyn Skellig on November 2nd, 2013, 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hadyn Skellig
a blade for a beer

Words: 455862
Joined roleplay: March 13th, 2013, 6:35 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)

Postby Shiress on September 17th, 2013, 9:44 pm

Shiress walked quietly along the nearly empty street. Her hair was pulled up around her face and twisted in place with beaded clips fastened near her temples, the rest swayed like sea ripples down the length of her back and rested near the curve of her bottom. She wore a mid drift length, formfitting emerald green chemise with a lighter green skirt that swept over the tips of her slippers. All newly acquired with a recent shopping spree, something the girl rarely did. To see her out and about in the city this early of a morning and not taking orders and running about the stallion meant one thing, a day off with plans to see to. Tucked under an arm was a small package, neatly and professionally wrapped and tied by a single piece of twine. A gift for her awaiting date.

The package contains a golden locket hung on a silver chain. The locket is engraved with two arrows crossing at the center, a symbol of lasting friendship. A symbol of Shiress and Hadyn.

She passed through the entrance of The Stone Garden, A place she favorited in the fortified city. She paused by the arch, scanning the area for the familiar brunette. Shiress and Hadyn had grown close over the passing seasons since their first meeting, not to mention their first girls night out. What a night that was, a night Shiress tried hard to forget. Then there was late spring, The Bronze woods and a certain slave master. Shiress refused to even speak about the events that ensued that night and struggled relentlessly to keep its memory from seeping back into her dreams. It was difficult for her, but not impossible as the time that had since past would see a changed Shiress emerge. A stranger to herself sometimes, but a new and measurable change for others to encounter.

A wide smile spread across her lips as she spotted her friend across the way. The girls head tilted thoughtfully, taking in the beauty that the blacksmith truly was and the loving friend that she had found in her. She took a deep breath and stepped away from the entrance and made her way across the stone path, package in tow. "Amazing isn't it?" Shiress said, stepping up to the bench and planting herself unceremoniously beside the brunette. "Simply amazing that Orion Michael's can have anything to do with a beautiful glow radiating from a woman." She laughed. " You look wonderful Haddy. Here, I have a gift for you." She added as she placed the package gently in Hadyn's lap. "I hope you like it."

ReceiptChemise- 1sm
Skirt- 4sm
Gold locket- 25gm
Silver chain- 5gm
Total = 30gm 9sm
LocketImage
Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars

Character sheet
Shiress
Every path has a few puddles

Words: 918381
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2013, 7:01 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (2) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Hadyn Skellig on September 18th, 2013, 9:27 pm

Brown eyes opened slowly as a familiar voice rang out, indicating her companion had arrived. The visage of lovely Shiress came into focus, the emerald gown emphasizing her equally green eyes. The girl certainly did have a knack for dressing herself to accentuate her features. Scooting over so her friend might join her the woman piqued a brow at her comment.

"Only incidentally,"
she informed Shiress dryly in response to her comment about Orion. "I hardly think Michaels gives a damn who's glowing and whether he's responsible."

She shot her companion a wink before picking up the package. It felt light in her hand, the precision and elegance of the wrapping not lost on the weaponsmith. Someone had taken great care to enclose this gift. She raised her eyes to meet her friends', equally surprised and humbled by the offering.

"Shiress, you really are too kind." Hadyn wasn't entirely sure if she should set the package aside and talk to the girl or open it here and now. But judging by the expression on Shiress' face the brown eyed woman grinned and carefully pulled the twine and trappings away. Within was a comely box, the sort that might hide any manner of delights. Food? Hadyn smirked inwardly, her appetite astonishing even the largest of coworkers. But no. As she removed the lid her breath left her. Inside lay a delicate necklace strung on a silver chain. Further inspection determined it was a locket inlaid with two crossing arrows. Staring at it for a moment longer the brunette tried to conjure the appropriate words.

"Shyke," she breathed. Naturally. Hadyn's response to a gift was to curse. She offered an embarrassed grin and looked up at her friend. "It's absolutely beautiful. I don't deserve this. It's... I can't think o' a petchin' word to say."

Holding the box in one hand the woman reached forward to embrace the girl with one arm. It was the most uncharacteristic response from Hadyn but when words failed her actions took over. And it was overwhelming how much love she felt for Shiress. Her hug was clumsy and awkward, the sides of their heads bumping as Hadyn tried to make it seem genuine as it felt.

"Thank you."
Hadyn Skellig
a blade for a beer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Shiress on September 20th, 2013, 6:03 pm

"Oh, so you told him then." She asked, situating herself comfortably on the bench. "Took you long enough didn't it? I mean, I know it took well into the summer season to figure it out for yourself, but still." She laughed. "..And? How did it go? He shot up and stomped toward the door, slamming it hard enough to rattle the stone walls, I'd be willing to wager." She rolled her eyes at the thought, having the ability to completely see the man doing so. "Bet he said it wasn't his." She added, straightening her skirt. "The squire thinks he does no wrong, ya know and, well, I'll admit, I can agree with him on one thing." She shot the blacksmith a teasingly and very wide, toothy grin.

"Eh, you don't need him anyway, Haddy, and neither does this one." Reaching her hand across the bench, she gave her friends belly a pat. "Do you?"

"Anyway, now" She patted the package in the woman's hand, urging her to open it before sitting back, wide-eyed and smiling, anticipating her friends reaction. But Of course, Hadyn, the not so delicate blacksmith would take her time to gently untied the twine and unwrap each fold separately. Shiress frowned, it was all she could do not to snatch the gifting and rip it open for her.

At last, her friend had reached the box and the smile spread again across Shiress' lips. "You don't have to say anything." She replied, leaning into the very rare hug from Hadyn, pressing her cheek against her soft, brunette...bun? Really Hadyn?

"The arrows there." She said, pointing to the engraved locket. "Those are a symbol of peace and lasting friendship. Here let me." Shiress lifted the locket from the box, unscrewed the clasp and swept it around Hadyn's neck. "There." She said, positioning the necklace just right with a tilt of her head and a soft smile. "Beautiful!"

Green eyes lingered on the woman as Shiress leaned back, her expression turning concerned before she spoke. "Are you okay, Hadyn? You look pale. Are you eating? Taking it easy and staying off your feet as much as you can?" Shiress lifted the woman's hand and swiped her thumb across her fingernails. "You need meat, Haddy, lots and lots of red meat. At least, that's what my Mama always said to the pregnant women with pale fingertips." The girl sighed as she released her hand. "It's not just your life anymore, my friend. You carry a whole new life within you. You have to take care of yourself now"

Shiress looked away, remembering the words of her mother as she would sit by the bedside of pregnant women. She missed her mother's voice, but was thankful she at least had her words.

Returning her eyes to Hadyn, Shiress arched a serious brow. "You know, I'm not going to leave you alone until you do."

Character sheet
Shiress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Hadyn Skellig on September 21st, 2013, 5:36 am

A hand rose to her neck, fingers brushing lightly over the locket. Her face warmed at the generosity of Shiress' offering. Smiling the woman ducked her head gently, unable to stop touching the lovely necklace. It was one of the only gifts she'd ever received from someone so important to her. Glancing at the girl the brown eyed weaponsmith returned her grin.

"Been doin' the best I can," she answered with a shrug. "The meat'll be no trouble. I enjoy m'self a nice steak much as the next girl." Hadyn looked down at the fingernails in question. They were slightly more pale than usual but the brunette didn't notice until Shiress mentioned it.

"I know. You'll be my shadow, I've no doubt. Though I could use the help. Truthfully Shiress I haven't a clue what I'm doing. With Orion or..." she placed a hand absentmindedly on her barely curving belly. "He was... not too bad. Laughed like a maniac but I think he needs time. Not sure what else I can do, y'know?"

The brunette shrugged again with a uncertain expression. While she wouldn't call her meeting with Orion a failure it certainly topped her list of odd experiences. Smiling at her friend Hadyn decided to drop the topic. It'd been hard enough for Shiress to find out Hadyn and Orion had been intimate. And to now know the weaponsmith carried his child. Must've been a blow. Well, she knew it was. But there was no measurement of loyalty and appreciation Hadyn felt for the girl when she promised to help her through the pregnancy.

"I know less about being a mother than I do about the stages of pregnancy. I'm a fool sufferin' both. I'm indebted to y'Shiress." The woman paused, studying her friend carefully. "How's it y'know all this? Your mother, y'said. She a midwife or wet nurse?"
Hadyn Skellig
a blade for a beer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Shiress on September 21st, 2013, 9:14 pm

"He..he laughed?" Green eyes drifted away as Shiress entertained the thought of Orion Michaels laughing. Her brain couldn't wrap around the man laughing at at a joke, much less the news he'd be a father. "Why would he laugh?" She mumbled, tilting her head with a confused look. "Well." She said, looking back to Hayden. "I guess everyone has their own way of dealing with things. I would do good to laugh at the things I've had pop-up in life."

Tucking hair behind her ear, Shiress slid around on the bench to face Hadyn. "I don't know Orion, not really and the time I thought I knew him and though I was..well, I feel like I look back and see myself as a child, a foolish child." She shook her head with a soft chuckle. "The point is, I think Orion is like a fruit. If you want to get to the good part, sometimes you have to peel back the surface." Her hand lifted and brushed back a brunette lock from the woman's face. "Do what you can, tell him what you need to and leave the rest for him to figure out, Haddy. You do not need to stress yourself over this."

Even as the words pass through her lips, the girl knew it would be easier said than done for her friend. She couldn't imagine what the woman was going through. Alone and pregnant she was. Emotions going crazy, body going crazy. One thing the girl did know was that she would be there for Hadyn. Through thick and thin, emotional ups and downs. She- would- have- Shiress!

"You are no fool, Hadyn Skellig." Answered Shiress in a heavy tone. "There's nothing you need to know, your body will take care of this part. It's you that you need to be concerned with while your body does the rest." She smiled. "Anyway, I've seen women,who'd soon as kick a puppy as pet them, become a loving and protective mother. You've got nothing to worry about, Haddy. Besides, It changes you after a child is put in your arms, comes on natural it seems, you know?"

Shiress sighed and lowered her eyes. "I miss her." She said, smiling thoughtfully at the painful admission."No, a nurse, an amazing nurse she was, in the university's infirmary. I was always by her side watching, listening..learning."

Green eyes lifted revealing a softer expression. "So many stories I could tell you. But yes, a lot of pregnant ladies and mostly the season after the fisherman returned home from a long trip at sea." Shiress gave the blacksmith a wink before falling silent.

"I love you, Hadyn." She said, her voice soft and eyes still lowered. "I cant imagine feeling any different if you were my true sister and I love that baby, even if it is half Orion." She laughed, despite her watery eyes. "I'm here for you and there's nothin' that I wouldn't do for you, Haddy. Absolutely nothin'."

Character sheet
Shiress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Hadyn Skellig on September 22nd, 2013, 5:42 am

What on this earth had she done to be blessed with a friend like Shiress? It was bad enough the weaponsmith was shyke at being affectionate. But she felt entirely undeserving of the girl's kindness and care. She'd spend an eternity before she even came close to feeling like she repaid her friend. But for now she had to heed Shiress' gentle warning.

"No stress. Heh. Right."
She gave a short laugh though her eyes lacked mirth. Smiling at the green-eyed beauty before her Hadyn shook her head. "Dunno what I'd do without you. You know me. Can't hardly say what I'm feelin', 'specially now. Got all these damn... feelings goin' through me. I'm a mess."

Hadyn paused, fingers searching again for the locket. While she didn't like being the center of attention she figured she may as well use the spotlight to her advantage. Having been plunged into this pregnancy with no thought or preparation she was left floundering, hoping and praying she wouldn't screw it up. Regardless of what happened with Orion she was now responsible (as Shiress wisely pointed out) for another life. The thought was both terrifying and spellbinding. Leaning forward she rested her forearms on her knees, looking sidelong at her friend.

"Do you... well, I'm sure you do. Could you tell me what I should be doin'? Y'know... for the baby. I've had no experience with any of this. An' I don't want to petch it up."
Hadyn Skellig
a blade for a beer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Shiress on September 24th, 2013, 10:55 pm

"You're no more a mess than you were before." Teased Shiress, nudging her shoulder playfully into Hadyn's side. The girl didn't have personal experience being pregnant, of course, but she knew it had to be torment for her friend, emotioanally reserved and self-protective, to suddenly lose control of her emotions and become excedingly volnurable. If she could box the blacksmith up and station a knight to guard her until the baby was born she would. Hadyn had long displayed her unyielding protection for Shiress and now the roles were reversed, but how was she to protect her from nature? From things she had to sort out for herself? Shiress felt helpless, but determined none the less to help any way and every way she could find.

"Stop thinking you're going to petch something up. Hadyn." She said rubbing her hand across the woman's back, rocking her back and forth. "Theres nothing to petch up. Just lessons to learn." Shiress leaned down, mimicking her friends posture, green eyes meeting her brown. "You're a lot stronger then you think, my friend. Give yourself credit where due." She added giving the brunette a soft smile.

"Hmm, lets see." She said, twisting her mouth and looking off in deep thought. It was bitter sweet to recall her mother's memory. To remember her stern words of instruction and lesson. How she fidgeted and fussed back then. She wouldn't now. Now she would soak up any time spent with her mother and remind her that she loved her dearly the other times. Regretfully and thankfully too, Hadyn was the only family the girl had. Hadyn was the only thing the girl had.

Looking back to her friend, Shiress pressed her forehead against hers, keeping it there a tick before retreating with a thoughtful expression. "Stop fretting over the baby. Eat a lot, which you probably do already." She said, flashing her teeth with a cheesy grin. "Drink a lot of milk, cows milk, goat's milk's just nasty." She lifted her shoulders in a feigned shiver as she sat back. "Think about spending some time at the orphanage. I'll go with you, too. Theres not much I can say on things after the baby comes not having a child of my own, but theres plenty of experience and lessons to be had with the children there, I know". Shiress crossed her arms over her chest and slung one leg over the other as a slim eyebrow arched. "By Sylir, we can both learn that way."

Character sheet
Shiress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Hadyn Skellig on September 25th, 2013, 3:11 am

A slow smile spread across the woman's lips as her friend rubbed her back affectionately. The lack of human contact, while self-imposed, left Hadyn feeling horribly lonely of late. It was a pleasure just to sit with another being so close and willing to offer support. The brunette nodded as the girl cautioned her against too much self deprecating. Shiress had a way of locating exactly the appropriate words to both comfort and assess Hadyn's state of mind. It was uncanny and the weaponsmith couldn't decide how much she liked someone knowing her so well. It was easier to build walls to keep people out.

She watched Shiress think, hands clasped loosely together as she leaned forward a bit more. It wasn't the most ladylike posture but it cracked a few bones in her back which had begun to ache. Shiress seemed to reminisce on the time spent with her mother. There was a thoughtful to her expression but so too a sadness. Hadyn hadn't yet inquired further about the girl's past, figuring like herself Shiress preferred to keep her history a mystery. But the longing in her green eyes suggested she missed her mother. They'd been close.

When Shiress drew close to touch her forehead to Hadyn's the woman immediate response was to pull away. But she let the girl do as she would, relaxing her muscles as her friend pulled away to speak. It was not as suffocating as a hug, this touch. Hadyn decided she rather liked it. She nodded in response as Shiress began to speak, an eyebrow raising in spite of herself when the orphanage was mention.

"I'd never considered that," she conceded with a pensive visage. "Suppose it wouldn't do 'ny harm. Don't know if I'm quite prepared to go this moment. But... it's a better idea than any I've had." She smiled, looking down at her hands. "Had I ought to talk to him?"

Her voice quieted significantly. It wasn't a topic she reveled in discussing. Orion's reaction to her news was shocking but the woman decided she could never expect anything from the Squire The days were passing and she'd heard nothing from him. Should she let Fall pass without alerting him to... anything? The man was confounding in his inability to function like a fully developed adult but he still deserved to be in loop, right? as it was, she was just as emotionally deficient. Her expression conveyed some manner of internal struggle, brow furrowed as if she couldn't find the solution to a simple problem.

"I don't want to shut him out," Hadyn added in a measured tone. As if she needed to justify herself to Shiress. Staring at the space between her arms the brown eyed weaponsmith took a breath. "What do I do if he decides he doesn't want t'be involved?"

She knew the answer but the question came without thought. She trusted Shiress to be honest with her, as well understanding that this level of vulnerability was nearly insufferable for the woman. Swallowing she waited for the response she knew was coming, eyes on the ground.
Hadyn Skellig
a blade for a beer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Shiress on September 25th, 2013, 5:37 pm

Shiress canted her head acknowledging Hadyns interest in her suggestion, but remained silent, seeing a more important subject about to surface given the womans concerned expression. She figured it would have something to do with the good doctor and she thought right.

Drawing in a long deliberate breath, she contimplated her friends question, exhaling with an audible sigh before she spoke. "First, need I remind you of the fact that Ive not had so much as a brief relationship with a man and only once did I have a brief encounter. Im not one to be giving advice in that matter." She said, hiking a brow. "But I will offer you my opinion, but I warn you, take it with a grain of salt."

Shiress paused, biting at the inside of her lip, gathering her thoughts as well as a good way of expressing them. "Yes." She began, tucking hair behind her ear. "I think you should. Orion is as much of a parent to this child as you are. You need to find out what he'll give and what he wont, to you and to the baby, but first, decide what you want from him and then what you'd settle with before you go engaging him on the subject. If anyone shuts him out, let it be him that does it to himself, but get him somewhere public. Maybe he'll be less likely to yell." She paused in thought, running her finger across her brow. "As I said before, I don't know Orion. My first impression of him is a blur and the second, well, I know he doesn't like to hear compliments or appreciation." She shook her head with an inward chuckle. "Just remember to not thank him for the baby." Shiress sat still, staring at the blacksmith, measuring the fear soaked tone accompanying Hadyn's voice before she replied to her question. "Hadyn, you keep moving forward. She replied sternly. "Whether or not this baby has a father, you will still be his or hers mother."

The girl fell silent, once again in deep thought. At length she stirred, scooting around on her bottom to face her friend. "Let me share something with you Ive not shared with anyone. It hurts my heart to think about so I'll do my best with speaking about it." Her eyes lowered to her lap, grabbing a lace and twisting it between her fingers, she drew in a breath. "When I was in Sunberth. She began, shooting a sideways glance to Hadyn, knowing the woman was aware of what -in Sunberth- entailed. "A woman was brought in by a scout. Her name was Miranda, she had her baby with her." Shiress stopped and took in a shaky breath, blew it out and swollowed the lump in her throat. "The baby's name was Niya. Of course, Jordan was furious that the woman had a child in tow. He heartlessly plucked that baby from Miranda's arms and shoved her in mine, demanding I care for her until he decided what would become of her."

Looking at her friend, the girls eyes were filled with tears, but still she held them back with another uneasy breath. "I loved Niya so much, there was nothing I wouldnt do to protect that little girl. As overwhelmed with her as I felt, I sheltered her from those around me. I never experienced such fierce desire to protect before, but this little girl was mine, for as brief as it was, she was mine and I was going to protect her, or die trying."

Shiress lingered in the memory a moment before continuing. Lifting her face, she gave Hadyn a blank stare. "Have you considered the possibility of realizing you dont want Orion Michaels anywhere near your child?"

Character sheet
Shiress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Next