Completed (Antinous Training Grounds) You Did What?

Dinah finds out what is wrong with Orion; then she really finds out what is wrong.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

(Antinous Training Grounds) You Did What?

Postby Orion Michaels on September 20th, 2013, 3:51 am

25th Day of Fall, 513 AV
Antinous Training Grounds
9th Bell

"What did you say, Orion?"

Dinah's voice had dropped into a low growl, the usually calm and controlled knight suddenly taking a predatory look as she stepped towards Orion.

"I said I left her there." It wasn't just the fact that Orion had treated Hadyn the way he had. It was how he said it. The way he said it so nonchalant, so casually, and so dismissively nearly set Dinah upon him. It was unacceptable. Completely unacceptable. No squire of her's would be that callous, that cruel. It wouldn't be okay for him to treat a complete stranger as he had. To do so to the mother of his child? Dinah couldn't let that go, no matter how impersonal they'd tried to make things between them.

It just wasn't possible for a squire and their knight to not be involved in each others lives.

"You arrogant, selfish, idiotic, son of a bitch!" She'd asked him why he had been upset the last few days. Well, more like pestered him until he broke down and spilled the whole thing. How Hadyn had called for him, how they'd talked about what they were gonna do regarding the child and them. How they'd argued about what they were going to do regarding the child and them. How he'd left her a mess on the ground. How he'd ruined everything. Well, that last part was Dinah's addition.

Orion was surprised with the fervent reply he got from Dinah. She'd been very distant since their blowup the previous season, but he'd crossed the line, it seemed. A fury burned in her eyes unlike one he'd ever viewed from her in their time together. There was a violence about her expression, and it almost instantly had Orion on the retreat.

Dinah blew past her squire, heading to the weapons racks. This idiot wouldn't listen to reason, he wouldn't listen to words. She would beat this lesson into him, as many times at it took. No one could be a knight with the traits he displayed, and it was up to her mold him. A full grown man with all of his faults in full display. They were so ingrained that it would take everything she had to reverse the awful streak he could show.

One of the things she had was a wooden sword, and she'd cave his face in if he didn't realize what path he walked.

Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Words: 1033425
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2012, 12:33 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Orion Michaels on October 3rd, 2013, 2:31 am

Orion covered his body, recoiling from the shield that flew through the air at him. It smacked into his side with a thump, the broad side of the guard flush with his upper right arm.

"Hey! Dinah! Calm down!"

Orion ducked as another blur came whizzing through the air towards his head. He'd not seen Dinah this angry, even when they'd fought so viciously last season. Had he really done something so horrible with Hadyn to draw this kind of rage?

"Go pick that up! NOW!" Dinah screamed, mostly uncontrolled rage gripping her voice.

Orion didn't have to be told twice.

The former doctor turned and jogged over to retrieve the object which had been so generously gifted to him. Surprise jumped to his face when he realized what it was. It was his weapon, of course, but nothing he'd been so fortunate to have had used in the past. It was a battle ax.

"Dinah?"

"Get it and get your shield. You have ten ticks." The low growl in her voice sent the message. She wasn't joking about any of this. Orion scooped up the weapon, and rushed back over to the shield, constantly looking between the shield and his patron. She'd taken a long sword with a shield of her own, and was quickly advancing on him. "Ready yourself, Orion! I'm gonna force some sense on you. You wonder why you get that ax? You know as much about using it as you know about how to deal with people without being a selfish asshole."

Orion scowled before strapping the shield to his arm. Done just in time, he was forced to jerk the guard into place as Dinah brought her first slash down upon him. Orion exploded from a kneeling position driving her blade skyward. He continued with an awkward swing of the battle ax, uneven and lacking the proper power a weapon if its stature should offer. It felt strange in his hand. It was balanced very differently, and most noticeable was the lack of range in comparison to the sword he was more comfortable using.

Dinah slapped his weapon aside with her shield and returned to her base stance. "So you really think it's okay to treat a woman, no, anyone like that? Especially one with whom you'll be sharing responsibility of a child?"

Orion rotated the ax around in his hand, trying to get used to the feel of it in his grasp. It was so unnatural, just like this conversation.

"What is it to you, Dinah? My affairs are my own!" He raised the ax and stepped towards her, bringing the wooden weapon down on her. The knight effortlessly deflected his strike with her shield and delivered a swing of her own, smacking the side of his arm with flat of her blade. Pain shot up and down that arm as Orion recoiled backwards.

"I'm your patron! I'm responsible for not only your martial training, but making you into someone with the mentality, values, and virtues of a knight! It seems you're lacking in all three fields, Orion. We will fix that."

Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Orion Michaels on October 21st, 2013, 6:38 pm

"It doesn't matter if you're my patron! This is my life!" Orion swung his shield to meet her blade, smacking it aside forcefully. "She tried to force me to make a decision on the spot! How's that fair to me!?" Dinah raised her own shield in retaliation to Orion's attack. The squire followed his swipe with an overhand chop with the wooden battle ax, an attack easily repelled by her defense. "I didn't ask for any of this!"

Dinah slid into Orion's body, using the shield like a battering ram. Her shield met his, driving him backwards. She couldn't believe the shit coming out of her squire's mouth. Everything she'd said about him, everything she'd felt about him, it was all true. He was rotten to the core. Selfish, self serving, and unable to take responsibility for his own actions. He always had an excuse, some reason for why he wasn't at fault for anything that happened. "You didn't ask for this?! I suppose you tripped and your manhood just slipped inside her?"

It was absurd. Absolute madness.

The squire regained his balance, cold, blue eyes falling on his patron. She always had a problem with something he'd done. He'd very nearly quit because of her, because it sounded like she quit on him. She didn't agree with anything he did. She didn't believe in him then. She didn't believe in him now. He was almost ready to take that ax, toss it aside, and go back to the life he'd knew before Dinah Lorene. Before she changed everything, for better and for the worse.  "I didn't ask to be told when she was near six months in! We could have actually had a plan! We could have had-," Orion cut off his speech as he nearly took a blade to his face. Recoiling back, he found himself off balance once more as Dinah continued slashing. His arm flew up, shield in tow, to meet her weapon with a loud crack. "Gods blast it, Dinah! We could have figure out something!" He grasped his axe tightly and spun around in a circle to deliver a quick backhand strike. 

Dinah struck the top of the axe with her shield, and the resulting stinger made Orion's arm go numb. The weapon fell harmlessly to the ground, and the fight should have been over. But neither squire nor knight would relent.

Orion ducked under the first swing, the whir of the blade audible just above the top of his head. Lunging forward he smashed his shield into hers' and kept his legs moving forward, trying to force her off her position. Dinah gave a few steps, her heels digging into the ground, before rolling off to the side and escaping from Orion's charge. She whacked him on his back as he went by for good measure.

"Orion, do you realize what she's going through? Dealing with you?" Dinah snapped at her squire, kicking the battleaxe back over to him. "Pick it up!"

Keeping his eyes on the angry woman, Orion bent down, shook out his hand, and retrieved the weapon. "What the petch does that mean, Dinah?"

"Are you kidding me, Orion? Do you not know what people say about you? Let's just say you don't have a reputation for being reliable, or even stable." Orion responded with another wild swing of the axe. The weight of the weapon was extremely top heavy, compared to the balance his one handed sword brought. While the sword gave him even strokes, the axe was for hacking. It was almost a club, with a bit of an edge to really tear up the flesh. There would be no clean cuts with a real ax, at least not one designed as this. 

Dinah deflected the strike, and quickly struck out with the pommel of her weapon, tracking Orion in the face. Blood poured like a waterfall from his nose. She always injured him seriously when she was trying to make a point.

"What the petch, Dinah!!?"

"Keep your guard up."

Orion gritted his teeth together as his blood streamed down into his mouth. The taste was unpleasant, almost earthy. He spit at her feet, a scowl upon his face. "Then what the fuck do you suggest I do!?" Orion threw the battleaxe at her, the weapon sailing awkwardly through the air. End over end, but rotated so the flat side of the blade was heading at her. The weapon collided harmlessly with her shield and clattered to the ground. 

"Get your head out of your ass, and think. She's with your child, a man who's had his hand in more than a couple cookie jars. It's gotta be terrifying for her, and all you've done is nail that feeling in further. If you're going to take responsibility, then take it! If you aren't, let her know! Nothing could be more wicked than leaving her hanging in the balance." Dinah shook her head, watching as her squire unstrapped his shield. How could someone so smart be so incredibly stupid? Why couldn't he understand feelings, or if he could, why did he react the way he did? "She's got a life to plan. For her. For that kid. And she's got to figure out if she's doing it alone or not. So are you going to run? Are you going to retreat like you always do? Leave the situation be and let someone else deal with it? Or are you going to actually step up and realize that what you do has serious effect on those around you? You don't live in some bubble where you can do whatever you want with complete disregard for the consequences."

Dinah sighed, turning away from Orion to return the training weapon to its place on the rack. She couldn't understand how he didn't realize the path of destruction he carved in his path. Orion Michaels had a way with people, a way to make them believe that none of the things you'd heard about him were true. But it only held so for a short while. He couldn't keep up his façade. He'd cave and he'd act wicked, malicious. Cruel. He'd have to change so much if he was going to ever stand before the Windoak.  And even if he was a million times better, would it want Orion to do its bidding? Selfish. Capricious. Immoral.  Irresponsible.  These things a knight does not make.

"Go clean yourself up, Orion. We're done for today. Take some time to figure yourself out."

The blue eyed squire sat there, uncertain of what he was supposed to do. He was sore and in pain from the beating Dinah had given him, and his nose was going to be swollen for a few days. He didn't know what he was going to do, but he also hadn't thought about it from the perspective Dinah had offered. While he didn't agree at all with how Hadyn had put him on the spot, he also couldn't deny that they were both in a bind. He wasn't sure if there was a right answer, but he would have to think on it and figure out what he really had to do.

Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Radiant on October 22nd, 2013, 6:25 pm

Orion :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Weapon: Battle Axe +2 XP
Weapon: Shield +2 XP
Endurance +1 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
N/A

Loots
+1 Shield Point

Notes :
Poor Orion... :( But Dinah got valid points there.

My radiance is not bright enough?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, beam me a PM and we can work it out. :)
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)