Solo [Bittern District] Life and Death (Orion)

Orion's medical expertise is tested to the limit, even with the help of two Healers, would he save or lose a life?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Bittern District] Life and Death (Orion)

Postby Radiant on September 20th, 2013, 6:13 pm

Bittern District, Direct continuation of the Manhunt

They got a situation, a female knight was at the brink of death, with her Djed all but drained by a leecher and a longsword impaling her shoulder. She was just this close of being embraced by Dira. Orion and the two favored of Rak'keli would have to make fast and precise medical decisions to save Sera Alicia's life. The male healer, known as Yeta, and the female healer, known as Odena, were at Orion's command for the duration of this emergency medical procedure. Odena was still holding Sera Alicia's feet by the chair, while Yeta was free.

The fraternal twins nodded to the squire, signalling him that they were ready.

OOCAlright, Orion, this should be my only post (except for grading) for the thread. :) You can continue on your own and post it for grading at the grade request thread once you're done.
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

[Bittern District] Life and Death (Orion)

Postby Orion Michaels on November 30th, 2013, 7:09 am

Everything had gone wrong; it wasn't supposed to be like this. He'd expected a knight to be better at leading. He'd expected a knight to come up with a better plan. It was her, a squire, and a couple of people who seemed to be out looking to make a bag of coin. She was supposed to be in charge, and instead, she was dying on the ground, Orion's own blade piercing her shoulder.

She'd gotten herself caught, and Orion acted desperately. The leecher was dealt with, but he may have done the same to Sera "Shorty" here.

It was more than his blade, however, which was an issue. It was a serious injury by itself, but her very essence had been drained, or so they said. Orion was hardly knowledgeable on the workings of magic, so all he could do was treat the stab. They were hardly in the place to do so, but at this point, it was now or never. She would die if he didn't get this weapon out. And even then, it didn't look good. She'd been leeched, whatever that meant for her health.

For the moment he was thankful to have a couple of marked healers with him, even though he'd never openly admit such a thing. They were what he had, and between his skills, their magic, and his medical kits, he'd have to work with what he had.

"Alright, let's get started on this. You just keep her stable," he commanded to the male who was holding her up. "This is going to be pretty delicate. I'm going to have to surgically remove this sword so it doesn't cause further damage when it's withdrawn. You keeping her immobile is just as important as anything else going on."

Turning his attention to his surgeon's kit, Orion began digging through and setting various instruments out on a cloth from the bag. "You, you're familiar with medical instruments, right?”

Yeta nodded. He was more than a magical healer. With knowledge of medicine, plants, and herbs, he’d do his best to help out the doctor turned squire. ”Just tell me what you need,” he replied, looking down at the blue eyed man.

”Great. Hand me anything I ask for when I ask for it, and keep rinsing the area to keep the blood clear from around it so I can work. I’ll also ask you to use your powers from time to time. She’s got enough to deal with without having to worry about infection taking her as well. Let’s do this, you two. Alicia is counting on us.” Orion took a deep breath and looked down at his patient, a woman who was holding on by the slightest of threads. There was no more time to second guess what he needed to do. Action had gotten him into this situation and action would have to get him out.
Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Words: 1033425
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2012, 12:33 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)