The Time Is Here! (Eldritch)

Let us welcome it gladly with courage and cheer!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

The Time Is Here! (Eldritch)

Postby Ignotus Everto on November 1st, 2013, 2:02 am

Image
Ignotus' brow creased slightly at the sight of the man. Especially at his near-supernatural good looks. Another Hypnotist? Or something more... Whatever it was, he didn't like it. What he did like was the man's apparent dislike of Adarin. He could come in useful in the near future.

But what he said next nearly caused the Nuit to grin like a schoolboy. It looked like he didn't know which of the lot the leader was! Which meant the risk of instant death could be mitigated somewhat. The wizard brushed a bit of dust off his cloak- it wasn't anything conspicuous or tricky. He wasn't holding anything or priming anything. What he was doing, however, was making a sound. And sound transmitted altered Djed. Hroar barely even needed any prompting- just a vague subliminal urge to speak up was enough. His personality did the rest. The warrior swaggered forward.

"You want us to leave the rest behind? Sounds like this Miranda wants to make easy pickings of us!" growled the warrior. Ignotus idly skipped the ball of his foot across the cobblestone. Just a little. Just enough. The wolflike Wave Guard spoke up then, reaching out to touch Hroar on the shoulder. "Easy, man. Let's not be so hasty."

"Indeed..." said the Hypnotist, moving to shake Justus' hand. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Justus. It's always nice to see the kinder side of Denval."
"Aye. It's why we're here." Said the guard, more to Hroar than to Justus.
"Yes..." the gruff man ceded. "We'll go, then."

Now, what Justus didn't know was that when he made contact with Ignotus, the Nuit had attempted to lay Cordas strings on him. If he didn't actively distrust the man, the strings would stick. These would come in useful soon. Or they'd relay important information. Either way, he benefited. The wizard was also happy he had been as picky as he had been with his men. They weren't just strong- they were clever.

They had to be to survive this long. He had little doubt that they were also thinking about how to get out- and that their new free time would give them a nice, long window to come up with a plan. Of course, he also had a plan, but contingencies never hurt anyone. Hopefully Miranda would waste time trying to decide who the leader was- or maybe she was honestly willing to negotiate for Adarin's freedom. Either way, he wasn't out of tricks quite yet.

Image
A thousand thanks to Phoenix for the gorgeous blue frame, and a thousand more to Edreina for her beautiful magic-themed one!

Correspondence Thread
User avatar
Ignotus Everto
Only Mostly Mad
 
Posts: 601
Words: 292905
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 5:57 pm
Location: Zeltiva
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

The Time Is Here! (Eldritch)

Postby Ignotus Everto on November 1st, 2013, 4:15 am

Image
Ignotus' brow creased slightly at the sight of the man. Especially at his near-supernatural good looks. Another Hypnotist? Or something more... Whatever it was, he didn't like it. What he did like was the man's apparent dislike of Adarin. He could come in useful in the near future.

But what he said next nearly caused the Nuit to grin like a schoolboy. It looked like he didn't know which of the lot the leader was! Which meant the risk of instant death could be mitigated somewhat. The wizard brushed a bit of dust off his cloak- it wasn't anything conspicuous or tricky. He wasn't holding anything or priming anything. What he was doing, however, was making a sound. And sound transmitted altered Djed. Hroar barely even needed any prompting- just a vague subliminal urge to speak up was enough. His personality did the rest. The warrior swaggered forward.

"You want us to leave the rest behind? Sounds like this Miranda wants to make easy pickings of us!" growled the warrior. Ignotus idly skipped the ball of his foot across the cobblestone. Just a little. Just enough. The wolflike Wave Guard spoke up then, reaching out to touch Hroar on the shoulder. "Easy, man. Let's not be so hasty."

"Indeed..." said the Hypnotist, moving to shake Justus' hand. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Justus. It's always nice to see the kinder side of Denval."
"Aye. It's why we're here." Said the guard, more to Hroar than to Justus.
"Yes..." the gruff man ceded. "We'll go, then."

Now, what Justus didn't know was that when he made contact with Ignotus, the Nuit had attempted to lay Cordas strings on him. If he didn't actively distrust the man, the strings would stick. These would come in useful soon. Or they'd relay important information. Either way, he benefited. The wizard was also happy he had been as picky as he had been with his men. They weren't just strong- they were clever.

They had to be to survive this long. He had little doubt that they were also thinking about how to get out- and that their new free time would give them a nice, long window to come up with a plan. Of course, he also had a plan, but contingencies never hurt anyone. Hopefully Miranda would waste time trying to decide who the leader was- or maybe she was honestly willing to negotiate for Adarin's freedom. And there were the pigeons. Either way, he wasn't out of tricks quite yet.

Image
A thousand thanks to Phoenix for the gorgeous blue frame, and a thousand more to Edreina for her beautiful magic-themed one!

Correspondence Thread
User avatar
Ignotus Everto
Only Mostly Mad
 
Posts: 601
Words: 292905
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 5:57 pm
Location: Zeltiva
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

The Time Is Here! (Eldritch)

Postby Eldritch on November 1st, 2013, 5:07 am

Image
Justus appeared not the least bit perturbed regarding the outburst of the two warriors, his expression held its calm and his charming persona did not diminish in the slightest. However the slightest tightening of bowstrings could be heard above, a warning sign. The Denvali were already wound up like a coiled spring. Any wrong moves taken at this point might spark violence, regardless of the intensions of the leaders of either side.

The unnaturally charming man graciously took Ignotus' hands, looking the undead man straight in the eyes as he did. A flicker of something went through his eyes, it looked like understanding. Regardless, the man obviously felt no great disdain for the Nuit as the Cordas strings stuck easily. More than easily actually, they seemed to fit more snuggly than they would on any normal individual.

"Thank you, sir. If only our meeting were under kinder circumstances, alas bows and swords seem to take the place of diplomacy and negotiation." The words earned him a nasty glare from Adarin whom Justus simply smiled at.

The smiling man looked to the other two men that were to accompany the hypnotist, the same look of understanding flickering through his eyes. With this accomplished he returned his smile to Ignotus, gesturing widely behind himself with his right arm.

"Let us be going then, Miranda is waiting. Hopefully we'll be able to talk this out like civilized folk." He said, starting off down the street.

As they started walking Ignotus might indeed notice something, Justus had not requested that his men disarm. The implications of either his motives or Miranda's in that regard was left for the Nuit to ponder over. Adarin simply stared after Justus, his eye glaring a hole into the charming man's back.

As they walked Justus would address those following him, his tone light and rather upbeat despite the circumstances.

"I suppose this shouldn't really be much of a surprise actually, I did warn Adarin this could happen. Unfortunately he tends to be a bit stubborn when it comes to Denvali Nationalism. I fear this event will have the city embroiled in needless chaos for a time to come, especially if things here don't end peacefully." The man said idly, earning a snarl from Adarin.

"Shut your petching mouth, whoreson! Just do your job and take us to Miranda!" The one eyed revolutionary shouted.

Justus promptly shut his mouth, for about a quarter of a minute before opening it again.

"Adarin, your temper is not really helping matters here. In case you didn't notice you've become something of a bargaining chip, so perhaps you should allow Miranda and I to bargain you back over to our side." Justus commented, his tone sounding slightly patronizing.

The revolutionary started to say something but decided against it and simply mutter under his breath, the words offered being none to kind towards Justus. The group would continue down the same street for a little ways before the charming man would lead them down a side street. More than a few sword wielding Denvali of various age groups stood in a number of intervals here and there. Two stood on either side of a small wooden door to a large apartment complex.

Justus led the group to the door, which the guards opened with a few choice glares being leveled at their guests. Inside the building were yet more Denvali, their gaze carefully falling upon their guests. The charming man continued to lead them through the first floor, taking them up a set of stairs located near the back of the building. Once they ascended the stairs they would find themselves surrounded by yet more Denvali, all standing around a large table. The person of most interest was the woman staring daggers at the guests, the very weapon planted into the wood of the table near her hand.

"Our guests, Miranda. Brought as you commanded." Justus stated, gesturing widely to the group.

Miranda said nothing, merely observed each member of the group in turn. After a chime of that she turned her hard gaze to Justus.

"To whom should I address my questions?" The woman asked.

He nodded a head at Ignotus.

"The undead gentleman appears to lead them, I'm afraid I didn't catch his name." He responded.

Miranda nodded and looked the undead directly in the eye, a dangerous smile creeping to her lips.

"Lets hear your terms." She stated.

The other Denvali voiced their protest quite loudly, which she silenced by taking the dagger and planting it into the hand of the nearest offender. He screamed quite loudly, until a deadly glare from Miranda reduced his cries of pain to mere whimpers. Again she regarded Ignotus, looking at him expectantly as she wiped her blade against her shirt.
Image
User avatar
Eldritch
Do you feel your sanity begin to fray?
 
Posts: 596
Words: 237822
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2013, 3:05 pm
Location: DS of Zeltiva
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

The Time Is Here! (Eldritch)

Postby Ignotus Everto on November 2nd, 2013, 7:36 am

Image
This Justus seemed to cause a reaction in Sagallius' power, too? The plot thickens...

Of course, the presence of snipers were to be expected. Fortunate then that they respected Adarin enough to listen. Really, this new fellow was quite a godsend. He really would have to learn more about him... Later.

"Oh, I'm certain we can reverse that." Ignotus replied with an equal measure of courtesy. "I suspect there won't be much bloodshed... You and yours give an old man much hope for peace."

Justus' words also suggested an easy enough conversion, should the right buttons be pressed. And lo, Adarin was nice enough to bring one up. He really would have to thank him later...

"You too, from low means?" the wizard asked Justus quietly.

Soon afterward, they were meeting with Miranda, and Ignotus had to turn his attentions to her. The Denvali around them were tense... And angry. That could be problematic. But that too could be amended with this strange and charismatic man. The thought would pop into Justus head as Ignotus cleared his throat to speak; "I need to keep them calm."

No doubt his talent for empathy, combined with Adarin's orders, would keep the crowd in check. And there was, of course, himself. As the Zeltivans walked in, the edges of the doorway crackled and shone with frost. Electric blue res spilled like heavy fog into the room.

The Hypnotist uttered a silent prayer of thanks to The Puppeteer, whose divine hand no doubt brushed aside his obstacles even now. The time was here. His moment was at hand! She was even kind enough to look him in the eye... So cocky. So sure of herself. So confident that she had all under control.

Ignotus smiled, and the room vibrated with power. He spoke, and his word was iron law. "Your coup is hopeless. Surrender." he said, and it was madness, unthinkable not to obey! The fog curled round the Nuit's feet, reabsorbing into him and fueling this ultimate act of Hypnotism. Sixty years he had toiled, practiced, perfected his craft, and now, finally, it was his. Total dominion over others. Poor Miranda never stood a chance.

Her mind was not nudged or guided- it was broken like a mouse neath a steel-shod boot. She was compelled to capitulate as an addict was compelled to seek out their vice. For fifteen ticks he ravaged her, and when the spell was finally lifted it would take an unnatural will to recover at all. Ignotus would be surprised if she put up even the slightest resistance afterwards, for who could possibly fight against one for whom minds were like clay to be molded as he saw fit?

With the spell lifted, the Nuit turned his attention to the Denvali above, careful to keep an eye on Miranda as well. The only wild card was them, now.

Image
Last edited by Ignotus Everto on December 13th, 2014, 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A thousand thanks to Phoenix for the gorgeous blue frame, and a thousand more to Edreina for her beautiful magic-themed one!

Correspondence Thread
User avatar
Ignotus Everto
Only Mostly Mad
 
Posts: 601
Words: 292905
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 5:57 pm
Location: Zeltiva
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

The Time Is Here! (Eldritch)

Postby Eldritch on November 2nd, 2013, 8:46 pm

Image
Ignotus' spell would take a massive toll upon him, Djed being sapped quickly during those fifteen ticks. He would soon find weariness overcoming him, though the desire to use more would be nearly overwhelming. The euphoria, the power and control that came with breaking the mind of another would wash over him. Likely he wouldn't have much left after this, at least magical wise.

His spell work rather well, rather too well. Miranda's eyes widened in shock and horror, a scream ripped from her lips as she clutched her head and started clawing at her skull. The Denvali in the room stared in disbelief at the change wrought in the woman, their hands immediately going to their weapons and their chairs skidding back as many stood to look at the Sub-Commander. Even Adarin looked aghast, not believing what he was seeing in that his right hand was reduced to screaming fits by seemingly nothing.

Finding that the clawing wasn't working, indeed it had raked a few trails of bloody scrapes on her scalp, the woman started slamming her head against the table. All the while she said two things over and over in increasing volume.

"Its hopeless. Its hopeless. Its hopeless! Its hopeless!! Surrender, we have to surrender!!!" She shrieked.

Adarin was the first to recover from the sight, his gaze immediately locked upon his men. The collar around his neck was forgotten as sheer terror took over.

"What are you standing around for!? Kill the undead sorcerer!" He commanded.

The Denvali seemed shaken from their stupor at the sound of Adarin's voice and commands. At this point it was impossible not to feel nervous, or at least like there were some miscalculations here. The men started to advance on the group but were halted when Justus moved to stand before their path, his hands up in a calming gesture.

"Stop! Lower your weapons. If our guest was capable of doing that to Miranda what do you think of your own odds? Think for a moment before you let your fear overtake your senses." He implored, his tone shaky at first but gradually calming.

The Denvali seemed to take his advice, Justus was a rather well respected member of the community after all. He was no militant leader like Adarin, but he was certainly a voice of reason and authority. The one eyed revolutionary was outraged by Justus' intervention however.

"You petching traitor! Kill them you fools!" He shouted.

The Denvali seemed rather unsure at this point, on the one hand Adarin was their commander. On the other Justus was a very well respected leader of the civic community, indeed the Quarter owed much of its prosperity to the charming man. However the deciding factor was who was better in a battle of words, and in that Justus far outstripped the one eyed man.

"No, I am not a traitor Adarin. You are the traitor. Because of you any stock we have built up here overtime has vanished. Because of you many of our people are going to die in the coming days. What has happened to Miranda is because of you and your selfish pride. I will not just sit by and watch the world I've help built crumble around us, not for dead ideals." The man said, turning his attention back to the Denvali.

"Put your weapons away." The men seemed to hesitate for a moment, glancing to each other before putting their weapons down. Justus knew what he was doing.

Adarin was nearly frothing and Miranda had long sense knocked herself into unconsciousness, blood pooling around her head. Justus looked down at the woman sympathetically, wordlessly he indicated for two men to take her away. A pair of Denvali placed her arms around them and dragged her from the room. Justus calmly took the woman's seat and indicated for Ignotus to take the seat across from him.

"You have requested a surrender sir. By any authority I might possess in the Denvali community, I give it to you. However, I suspect that there will need to be further terms hashed out such as reparations and the fate of Adarin. I would wish to hear your side, Mr..." The charming man said, leaving space for Ignotus to give his name if he so desired.
Image
User avatar
Eldritch
Do you feel your sanity begin to fray?
 
Posts: 596
Words: 237822
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2013, 3:05 pm
Location: DS of Zeltiva
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

The Time Is Here! (Eldritch)

Postby Ignotus Everto on November 5th, 2013, 5:44 am

Image
Ignotus laughed, laughed as the little woman tried to tear him out. As if her pathetic little fingers could affect him!
Ha! See how they recoil! See how they fear you! How right they were to! He wielded the might of Gods! Pulled at the very foundations of reality! All would bow to him and despair! Oh, but they thought they could oppose him. Oh, what should I do... I should burn them in their little safehouse! No... freeze their legs and leave them to starve. I should...

He should stop. Immediately.

The faint Res cloud swirled up around the Nuit, pulling itself back into his pores until only a small barrel's worth remained. Ignotus didn't reach the ripe old age of seventy three by listening to the supplications of a frayed soul, or acting recklessly. The red mist began to fade, and the voices quieted down- but were still barely audible. Whispers in the back of his mind. Whispers that could, for the time being, be ignored. While he was compromised, he was vaguely aware of Justus speaking, but now that he was lucid again he could make out every word.

Oh, Justus... You will be rewarded richly. The handsome one had done as Ignotus had hoped, and more. The situation was in his control, and he was using it to give the Hypnotist everything he wanted. It was finished. He'd done it! Victory was his! All he needed to do now was solidify it. "Everto. Ignotus Everto. But you needn't worry about reparations," the Nuit said as he sank into the chair Justus indicated. "This was, I believe, an act by a well-equipped but small minority, with the rest of you dragged along whether you wanted to or not. I see no reason to punish the Denvali people for the actions of a few extremists." he said, regarding the men gathered above with a kindly smile. "There will, of course, be an investigation to weed out seditious elements, but I doubt it will affect the average law-abiding Denvali. For the rest of you," another glance up to show he was addressing the entire room, "Amnesty."

With the Zeltivan leadership dead, he alone would have the reach and authority to carry out all he said. And with this investigation would come a purge of all his opponents. Then a short regency, and the appointment of new leadership- leadership that was loyal to him alone. Then nothing could stop him. The wizard laid his right hand on the table.

"Adarin and his supporters will be tried, as is our custom. If found guilty, their fate will be decided by the court. Is there anything in this plan of action you object to, Justus?"

Image
A thousand thanks to Phoenix for the gorgeous blue frame, and a thousand more to Edreina for her beautiful magic-themed one!

Correspondence Thread
User avatar
Ignotus Everto
Only Mostly Mad
 
Posts: 601
Words: 292905
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 5:57 pm
Location: Zeltiva
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

The Time Is Here! (Eldritch)

Postby Eldritch on November 7th, 2013, 3:09 am

Image
Justus seemed to regain the calm from before, regarding Ignotus with that same friendly and welcoming expression as before. He listened to every word, nodding as the wizard spoke to him and casting a few glances about to the men around him. They looked uneasy still, but were still obviously willing to let Justus continue to take the lead. He closed his eyes as he heard of what would befall Adarin and his supports, only nodding solemnly.

When asked of his opinion on the terms the charming man bit his lower lip slightly, casting a glance to the back room that the men had taken Miranda into. He looked down at Ignotus' hand and seemed to think long and hard about the situation. After a moment's contemplation he seemed to reach a decision. It would only make sense that he would think very carefully on this, considering that it was the fate of the whole Quarter he was deciding.

Everyone else in the room, Adarin included, seemed to wait with baited breath as they waited to see how Justus would meet the Nuit's demands. The man reached out his hand and grasped Ignotus', gripping it tightly and nodding slightly.

"I only have a single request. You have shattered Miranda's mind it would seem, I would much rather she not be dragged before a court when she is obviously in no condition to defend herself. Allow me to keep her here in the Quarter and I will concede to everything you have said, including- including giving over Adarin to Zeltivan justice." The man said finally.

The responses were varied, some of the men looked rather relieved strangely enough while others looked nervous or disgusted. None were able to match Adarin's outrage though, as he shouted various obscenities towards Justus. 'Traitor' and 'whoreson' were the kindest among them, though he was quickly silenced with a cuff from the Wave Guard. The Coup was over before it had really begun, however the damage to the leadership was yet to be assessed. Just how much of the city did the Denvali get to before this whole thing came to this?

Justus for his part seemed rather willing to be forth coming with information.

"Things are certainly going to be a little hectic in the coming days. Judging from reports Miranda received Sentinel kill squads succeeded in neutralizing a number of high ranking officials among the Sailor's Guild, as well as a couple of members of the Board of Regents. The Captain of the Wave Guard was apparently slain in his home." The man said, gesturing towards a few documents located off to the side.

If Ignotus were to read through them he would note they specified names of those killed, which were indeed the majority of Sailor's Guild Leadership, however only two members of the Board of Regents were listed. Apparently the University had been relatively untouched. They also seemed to designate that a few Sentinel cells were still very much active outside of the Quarter. Two operating out of East Street, one on West Street, and two at the Docks.

Justus leaned back in his chair, gesturing all around them.

"So, where do we go from here? I find it difficult to believe everything is over so painlessly." He commented.
Image
User avatar
Eldritch
Do you feel your sanity begin to fray?
 
Posts: 596
Words: 237822
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2013, 3:05 pm
Location: DS of Zeltiva
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

The Time Is Here! (Eldritch)

Postby Ignotus Everto on November 17th, 2013, 3:55 am

Image
"But of course!" Ignotus exclaimed. "It would be a mockery of justice to throw her in front of a judge in her shape. Indeed, she will receive the best care we can provide to help her recover from this... Unfortunate incident."

The Hypnotist had to admit, he hadn't expected Miranda's reaction to be quite so... Dramatic. He wasn't sure how he felt about it. The spell was definitely not one to use lightly, that much was certain. Still, the fallout of such behavior would be... Uncomfortable, to say the least. On the bright side, he'd probably gain a reputation as an all-powerful sorcerer of unparallelled terror and doom. On the down side... He would probably gain a reputation as a sorcerer of terror and doom.

Sadly, there wasn't a way to keep an entire congregation quiet without killing them all, and that would be both counterproductive and fatal at best. Getting to it afterwards would be similarly pointless, as news like that would spread quickly. In all, best to embrace it, and forge onward.

Justus' documents gave more good news... As well as some interesting news. The Regents remained intact... But terrified out of their skulls, no doubt. Fear was always such a wonderful persuader. And if, by some coincidence, they weren't so frightened... Well, rumors always were a problem in the University. Let one or two of those fester, coupled with a disappearance? The rest would get the message. And the captain of the Wave Guard was dead as well. Meaning by the end of the day, the police in all their forms would be under his thumb. This pleased him even more than the unspoiled Regency.

The swathes of dead in the Sailor's Guild, however, would be slightly more difficult to fix. Though he wished otherwise, he hadn't pawns that were competent enough to replace the leadership of the Guild... Yet. He would have to resort to other means to control that branch. Cruder means... But no less effective.

"Unfortunate, truly unfortunate..." Ignotus sighed. "Replacements will need to be found, of course. Until then, governance of Zeltiva will, sadly, have to fall to me." He said it softly. Casually, even. There was no need to make a big hew and cry about it, now was there?
"In the meanwhile, these rebel cells with have to be dealt with, and the surviving members of Zeltiva's government guarded. The former could prove... Difficult." he admitted, "Once they get wind of our agreement, I've little doubt they'll stop reporting and change location. That might drag things out. The latter, however, can be arranged quite easily."

And very much in his favor.

"There is one last thing..." the Nuit said after a pause, "But this is a request."
'You've shown yourself to be an admirable leader of men, Justus." he began, a faint smile on his face. "Level-headed, forward-thinking, compassionate, and wise. These are valuable traits to have. Traits Zeltiva and Denval both will need in the coming days. You will, of course, inherit leadership of this Quarter, unless a different candidate is desired by its people... But why limit yourself to helping one small part of this nation?"

'I would be most grateful, and immeasurably happy, if you could please join in our efforts. At least until the leadership situation is stable. We would all benefit greatly from your presence."

OOCWhew! Sorry I took so long. Big thoughts and, possibly, bigger post. :( I think the thread'll be over in the next round or two, non?

Image
A thousand thanks to Phoenix for the gorgeous blue frame, and a thousand more to Edreina for her beautiful magic-themed one!

Correspondence Thread
User avatar
Ignotus Everto
Only Mostly Mad
 
Posts: 601
Words: 292905
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 5:57 pm
Location: Zeltiva
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

The Time Is Here! (Eldritch)

Postby Eldritch on November 23rd, 2013, 12:45 am

Image
Justus appeared relieved regarding Miranda being spared the wrath of the Zeltivan courts, almost a little too relieved if one were to look at him carefully. It was quickly stifled under his attentiveness towards Ignotus as the Nuit read through the documents. He appeared to rather quickly accept the current situation, moving past any initial worries to simply keep a calm and level head in this situation. The other men in the room were of course wearily eyeing Ignotus, his little display from earlier had certainly cemented a good deal of fear in their hearts.

The handsome man quirked an eyebrow as Ignotus mentioned the regency needing to fall to him. Whatever thoughts he had on the subject were quickly concealed behind his well meaning smile, his expression becoming as warm as ever. If he had any opinion on the undead taking control he said nothing, merely listening to the hero of the hour.

"Indeed, no doubt they will indeed prove to make the transition a little more difficult. I suspect however that after Adarin and his supporters are tried they might be willing to trickle in more peacefully. I'd suggest sending out through the grapevine that those that simply leave and return home will be welcomed, the alternative being whatever judgment the courts decide." Justus suggested.

If looks could kill then the glare Adarin was sending the handsome man would have reduced him to ashes, Justus promptly ignored it. Some low murmurs sounded out from the other Denvali, though no loud voices of dissension made themselves known. After viewing Ignotus drive Miranda insane with some powerful magic none were too keen on speaking out against him when the man was nearby.

Justus actually seemed a little caught off guard by Ignotus' offer of being one to assist it helping Zeltiva stabilize. He quickly recovered but looked a bit wary, as though this were perhaps going a little too smoothly. After a chime of consideration he seemed to reach a decision and nodded slowly, his warm expression returning anew.

"I am honored by your offer, Master Everto, and it would be my greatest privilege to assist in stabilizing the leadership of Zeltiva. I hope that in the coming days the reputation as Denval as being a friend to Zeltiva may be recovered and strengthened." Justus responded, rising from his seat and offering the Nuit his hand.

This was indeed it. The Coup was over and Ignotus had overcome this obstacle, though the days ahead likely held trials uncounted for the wounded Zeltivan Government. It would fall to the hero of the day to see things fixed, the question was if he was up to the task.

OOCWell, that actually went a lot more smoothly than I thought it would. I didn't actually plan to use Justus like at all. Feel free to put up your last post and I'll grade it. ;)
Image
User avatar
Eldritch
Do you feel your sanity begin to fray?
 
Posts: 596
Words: 237822
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2013, 3:05 pm
Location: DS of Zeltiva
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

The Time Is Here! (Eldritch)

Postby Ignotus Everto on November 24th, 2013, 3:09 am

Image
Ignotus nodded thoughtfully in response to Justus' suggestion. "A wise course of action."

The discontent of the Denvali was... Understandable. He would be able to deal with them later, though. For now, he was much more interested in what was happening in front of him.

A wide grin slowly spread across the sorcerer's features upon hearing the Ranuri's response. It was as he had hoped. The leadership of Zeltiva was fractured, desperate for his guidance. The police and the Guild belonged to him. And now so did Denval, along with its brightest mind.
"Justus," he said as he rose and grasped the Denvali's hand, "This is the beginning of a glorious new union..."

Image
A thousand thanks to Phoenix for the gorgeous blue frame, and a thousand more to Edreina for her beautiful magic-themed one!

Correspondence Thread
User avatar
Ignotus Everto
Only Mostly Mad
 
Posts: 601
Words: 292905
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 5:57 pm
Location: Zeltiva
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests