The Time Is Here! (Eldritch)

Let us welcome it gladly with courage and cheer!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

The Time Is Here! (Eldritch)

Postby Ignotus Everto on September 21st, 2013, 3:12 am

Image
1st of Fall, 513AV

The day had come. Seasons of plotting and planning- all for this single defining moment. A light patter of rain began to fall, prompting several pigeons sitting atop the Lord of Counsel's office to take off and seek cover. Many of them, however, did not. Instead, they stood there, stock still, breathless, with a thousand-yard-stare.

Ignotus wasn't going to take chances. He would not allow failure. Currently the Nuit was meditating; he had taken a lot out of himself to create the Res cloud that was at that very moment hanging above the people gathered in the office. He had, over the course of the night, restored equilibrium in his soul. Mostly. He could still improve his state further.

Suddenly he heard the sound of approaching footsteps. The corner of the wizard's mouth curled upward. Axes and swords were quietly drawn, and crossbows tightened. One of the shortbowmen gently grazed the fletching of an arrow with his thumb. "And here..."

The footsteps drew nearer.

'We..."

The footsteps stopped.

Image
A thousand thanks to Phoenix for the gorgeous blue frame, and a thousand more to Edreina for her beautiful magic-themed one!

Correspondence Thread
User avatar
Ignotus Everto
Only Mostly Mad
 
Posts: 601
Words: 292905
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 5:57 pm
Location: Zeltiva
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

The Time Is Here! (Eldritch)

Postby Eldritch on September 21st, 2013, 5:00 pm

Image
The Coup had begun and so far everything was going off without a hitch, not a threat had halted Adarin's path. Everything was going according to plan thus far and for some reason that worried the one-eyed revolutionary. Even the best laid plans had a way of going awry, a thought that was compelling enough to make him feel slightly nervous as he and his honor guard came before the Lord of Council's office.

The man spared a glance to his men, four of his finest barring his lieutenant and libel to give their lives for the cause. Just as he planned to do if the situation called for it, that was why his lieutenant was back in the Quarter for if he fell by some means then it would fall to her to take up the torch. Miranda had not been pleased by his decision, not that he had expected her to be but in the end she appeared to understand. She was a good leader, she knew like him that in order to hope to see Denval restored once more the current leadership of Zeltiva needed to pursue a nationalist agenda. Besides, if anything did go wrong here there was always the back up plan. It was not something he wanted to turn to, but contingencies for it were already in place. Since everything seemed to be going well they likely wouldn't be needed but still.

The Coup had been long in the planning, its targets selected with care and precision. Chaos would be bred from the disappearance of so much of Zeltiva's leadership, but Adarin planned to quell that chaos with strict martial law. From there it would be a simple matter of claiming the position of Lord of Council by sheer force of arms. Mercenaries were on stand by in case things went awry, hopefully the sell swords wouldn't need to be employed. While he couldn't call even members of the Sentinal friends, at least they fought for his cause. The Mercenaries only cared about money, they would certainly not be missed if something terrible happened.

The leader halted at the doors to the Lord of Council's office, his axe in his right hand and his honor guard with weapon's firmly at the ready. The two beside him with wickedly sharp cutlass' and the one behind him with the same at the ready. Without preamble he kicked the doors open, his two men filing in quickly before him.

It took a moment to register what was before him, only a moment but it appeared to be a moment too late for one of his men now had several crossbow bolts sticking out of his chest and the other with arrows. The doors slammed shut just as his two other men entered, leaving no doubt in his mind. This was a trap.

"To arms, quickly!" He shouted to the remaining two, who had just been freshly cut down by three men at the doors.

Adarin's eye widened in shock, this couldn't be happening. After all his careful planning everything was going up in smoke. He struggled slightly as he found himself subdued from behind by strong hands, iron manacles being clasped around his wrists and a blindfold set over his eyes. He struggled but to no avail as he was quickly disarmed and thrust upon his knees.

His men had been dispatched easily and with little challenge and Adarin himself was kneeling before the Lord of Council's desk bound and helpless. He struggled for a moment longer before letting out a disgusted grunt.

"So here you have me, I've got to wonder through why I'm still breathing." He said to no one in particular.

It seemed as though Miranda would be implementing that contingency after all, no doubt the cruel and vicious woman would be pleased.

OOCWow Iggy, you put some planning into this. Hard to beat those odds lol. Didn't really need the reimancy with the numbers on your side.
Image
User avatar
Eldritch
Do you feel your sanity begin to fray?
 
Posts: 596
Words: 237822
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2013, 3:05 pm
Location: DS of Zeltiva
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

The Time Is Here! (Eldritch)

Postby Ignotus Everto on September 22nd, 2013, 11:40 pm

Image
"Because, Adarin..." drawled a deep, sonorous voice, "Your head is required on your shoulders for now." Hroar, who had until then been busy trumpeting quite insensitive declarations of victory, fell silent. Though he still managed to slip in a "softsword" before he did.

Ignotus swiveled around to face the insurgent now. "I have to say, I really expected more from you, my dear Denvali."
Djed tinged his words, igniting a small spark of defiance. A desire to "show him" manifested, hopefully giving him the bright idea to gloat about any traps he had- or at the very least, the existence of them. Ignotus made sure to sneer as well. Just for good measure.

The Denvali leader might be in custody and their position heavily fortified, but the fact that he was in irons now simply reinforced Ignotus' desire to be thorough and prudent. After a few ticks to let him mull things over, he continued, "I'm not afraid to admit that I had planned for much fiercer resistance than you and your little gang offered. But I shouldn't complain, really." he said as he eased himself out of the chair and began to step towards the Sentinel. "After all, I've no doubt you have plenty of other clever plans to amuse us with." There were, after all, the fine men around him to consider. They would be rewarded richly for their excellence. But later. For now, the Hypnotist crouched down to the captive's eye level.

"You have failed, Adarin." the wizard intoned, and as he spoke, the first faint ripples of despair began to emanate from him. "You have failed to keep your little revolution secret. You have failed to take this office." With a smirk, he quipped, "One could say you failed to do something as simple as sit down. You have failed to do anything other than cause deaths." What were once ripples began to turn to waves, as Res corkscrewed down from the ceiling. "In short," said Ignotus, a touch of frost nipping at Adarin's face as he did so (a small anklet of ice formed around his left leg as well. Just in case), "you have done nothing but destroy what little you managed to build for your people. Your little coup de' etat, my boy, is over." And the crash. It was not a long surge, but it was a surge. And just a little tip over the edge would likely be more than enough. "Which brings me," the Nuit said while standing, "to your place now."

'No doubt your fellows are headed to a path like yours." There was no reason to doubt Ignotus. His own hand-picked honor guard had been cut down in ticks. Who was to say that there weren't other traps? Of course, in reality, there was no such thing- Adarin wasn't the only one who would benefit from total anarchy- but Hypnotism has a way of making a man favor one possibility over another.

"They, like you, will be captured instead of killed. After all, we're not savages." A nod of affirmation from his men then. Ignotus made sure to smile graciously- gratefully, even- at them in return. "They will be tried. And then they will be executed. As will you." Another emotion was stoked in Adarin now- survival. The desire to live. It would not require a surge to make this one strong. The Nuit turned his back to the man and began to wander back to the desk. "However... This fate is not set in stone. You, and you alone have the power to stop it." A glimmer of hope, then. Perhaps he could save himself? "There will no doubt be a great deal of fighting from other elements. This will end in bloodshed. I believe neither of us want much of that." His friends' lives were in danger. He could save them too! "But, this too can be prevented. Once more, by you. I ask of you one simple thing: make your men stand down."

'In return, you and your co-conspirators will be given full amnesty." Ignotus' men didn't like that much, but he managed to stare them down. "Your lives will not end. You will be able to return to your families. And countless innocent Denvali will be saved from the inevitable counterattack. It is, I think, a win for all of us."

"If I do this, everyone will live..." Adarin found himself thinking. "The choice is yours, Adarin." said the Hypnotist. "Please make the right one."

Image
A thousand thanks to Phoenix for the gorgeous blue frame, and a thousand more to Edreina for her beautiful magic-themed one!

Correspondence Thread
User avatar
Ignotus Everto
Only Mostly Mad
 
Posts: 601
Words: 292905
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 5:57 pm
Location: Zeltiva
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

The Time Is Here! (Eldritch)

Postby Eldritch on September 23rd, 2013, 8:10 pm

Image
Were a lesser hypnotist whispering such thoughts into Adarin's ears then they might have gone unheeded, spat upon with defiance to the end offered. Ignotus Everto was no lesser hypnotist however, he was a master of both words and suggestion. As such the one eyed revolutionary had difficulty simply shaking off the hypnotist's suggestions, doubts he'd thought long dispelled creeping into his mind. What if he was right? What if he was indeed telling the truth?

Ignotus for his part would notice a strong urge to keep going, a desire to keep whispering suggestions into the ears of his prisoner. It was not overly strong at the moment, but it was a clear warning to the wizard that the combination of res expenditure and hypnosis would begin to wear upon him soon if he wasn't careful. The question was, how far was the hypnotist will to go if need be, how much was he willing to spend?

The men closest to Adarin noticed the sudden drop in temperature near the prisoner and looked around nervously. It felt unnatural and wrong, qualities they didn't exactly like.

The man before him seemed to be considering the options presented to him, a fierce glare hidden by the blindfold. Part of him, the dominant part, wanted to spit at the offer and inform Ignotus of his own failure. A smaller part, planted by the hypnotist, wondered if it would indeed be wise to end this whole thing. All he would need to do was...

No! We've come to far! I made certain this was the course we would commit to, there is no turning back. He tried to argue, gazing up at Ignotus with a look of defiance unseen behind the blindfold.

"Your bluffing. There is no way you could know every single event occurring today, and even if you did I guarantee you it won't matter. I've set things in stone, the Denvali will come out of this on top either bloodlessly or on a trail of corpses." The leader of the Sentinel affirmed.

Again he considered the possibility offered to him, an escape for him and his people. He didn't trust this man though, something about him screamed for him not to. But did he really have a choice? What if this wasn't a bluff? What if, by some impossible stretch, a member of the Sentinel had betrayed the full nature of their plans? Was this the only way out for the Denvali?

"Why the petch should I trust your word, snake? For all I know you'll swarm into the Quarter with blades high, executioners to any who dared to fight for a new Denval. What assurance can you possibly provide?" The one eyed revolutionary demanded.

Ignotus clearly had Adarin at least considering the offer, the question was if he could truly convince the Denvali leader to lay down arms.
Image
User avatar
Eldritch
Do you feel your sanity begin to fray?
 
Posts: 596
Words: 237822
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2013, 3:05 pm
Location: DS of Zeltiva
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

The Time Is Here! (Eldritch)

Postby Ignotus Everto on September 25th, 2013, 9:02 am

Image
"We captured you, didn't we?" was the retort to Adarin's assertions. "Clinging to delusions will really only destroy more families."

And he was out already. "Gods damn it..." If only Adarin had taken a few more bells! He could have kept going for a while longer. No matter, though. He had the fool where he wanted him. Besides, he didn't need Hypnotism. It just helped. Breaking him could be done mundanely. If he overgave, however, the lives of everyone in the room would be in danger, as well as his aims.

"Now Adarin, there's no need to be rude." Ignotus chided. "Though it's true- I am, after all, only the man who discovered and eliminated the source of the plague, gave more than half of his wages to your people, as well as the poor and needy, and stopped a madwoman with plans to kill Maria. Perhaps even an inspirational figure. But you're right. The odds that I can convince the populace to stand down aren't absolute. But if you rebuke this one chance at survival, then the odds of the scenario you described happening are absolute."

The wizard motioned for his men to take Adarin's blindfold off. It would help to be able to look him in the eye. "You have two paths before you, Adarin. One containing the possibility of death, and the other absolute certainty of it. I'd like to believe you've enough brains to know which to go down.

A single suggestion wouldn't hurt. At this point planting one was as effortless as breathing. A simple bias. Stand down. Leave a chance of survival. Listen to him. It was not a great big push or a hijacking of the will... But it was a nudge. A weighing of one end of a scale. And if it tipped in one direction enough... "The choice, once more, is yours."

Image
A thousand thanks to Phoenix for the gorgeous blue frame, and a thousand more to Edreina for her beautiful magic-themed one!

Correspondence Thread
User avatar
Ignotus Everto
Only Mostly Mad
 
Posts: 601
Words: 292905
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 5:57 pm
Location: Zeltiva
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

The Time Is Here! (Eldritch)

Postby Eldritch on September 29th, 2013, 10:25 pm

Image
Adarin regarded Ignotus for a long while, staring into the Nuit's dead eyes with his one good one. After a long moment he chuckled, a sharp and bitter sound. It seemed misplaced to the current situation but warranted within his own deranged mind. He might have indeed taken up Ignotus' offer, but at this point it didn't really matter what he said. He needed to make the Nuit understand why. Perhaps... perhaps then things would not end horribly for his people.

"Your offer is quite tempting, and you are correct in saying I indeed have no choice. I took the choice away from myself, a contingency of sorts in the event of my defeat or capture. It should illustrate why both of our positions are... difficult." The one eyed revolutionary started.

"My men are already, as we speak, moving to neutralize the Sailor's Guild leadership, as well as both the Board of Regents and the Captain of the Wave Guard. From there the plan was for me to take over after declaring myself Lord of Council, providing martial law to keep the populace in line until control over the other factions was gained. Destabilization and conquest." He explained, his eye narrowing.

"I recognized there was a chance the initial operation might fail on some parts, so I left Miranda in command back in the Quarter with my blessing to take over for me if I fell or was captured. Now, it seems like I have no choice but to listen to you and do as you say. If I gave the order, I don't doubt some will stand down. Unfortunately, you apparently underestimate my second in command." Adarin said, the combined hypnosis and the hopelessness of the situation edging him to try and salvage something.

"Miranda is just as good a leader as I, only she commands respect through fear and those are her tactics. I kept her at my side because I knew she was the one who could lead after I fell. She is cold, ruthless, and extremely resourceful. The Quarter is as loyal to her as it is to me. So you see the dilemma." The man said, his grunting as he pulled at his manacles again experimentally.

"I can order the Quarter to stand down, but what then? Not only will the rest of Zeltiva be thrust into chaos by the assassinations but the Denvali will be split as well, a faction willing to stand down and one that will stop at nothing to create a new Denval. It won't be a Coup anymore, it will be utter chaos." He asserted loudly.

Ignotus' men, listening up to this point started whispering amongst themselves. This was not what the plan had been, they had been told it would be over quickly but if the revolutionaries assertions were to be believed then Zeltiva stood upon a knife's edge. How Ignotus handled this situation would change the history of the port city, for better or worse.
Image
User avatar
Eldritch
Do you feel your sanity begin to fray?
 
Posts: 596
Words: 237822
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2013, 3:05 pm
Location: DS of Zeltiva
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

The Time Is Here! (Eldritch)

Postby Ignotus Everto on October 4th, 2013, 4:43 am

Image
By Sagallius this man was stupid. Here he was with a back-up dictator, and he was just throwing her name out and announcing all of his big boy plans. Ignotus almost felt bad exploiting him.

He needed a little extra juice- Five tendrils of Res spiraled down and formed a ring around the Nuit's head. He closed his eyes and slowly drew breath. The gas was sucked back into his body. One of the laws of Djed dictated that the level of stabilization would not be the same as if he hadn't cast at all, but he was capable enough to keep the loss low. Besides, it still did its job. The whispers stopped. His mind cleared. He felt reinvigorated; more substantial.

"Very well." he said. "You will bring me to her. Then we shall see the situation clearly."

The Nuit's men would not be able to place precisely why (at least not without reasoning of their own), but somehow they knew that their leader- the only one remaining, if Adarin told the truth- had not lost control quite yet. He still had a trick or two up his sleeve.

It really was quite nice of Adarin to tell him about Miranda's style of managing. Even nicer to know what it was. One of the faults with fear was that it didn't truly inspire loyalty- not the sort with permanence. Oh, she could get her men to die for her, certainly, but take her terrifying presence out of the picture? All that loyalty would evaporate into vapor. And with her men so used to following orders from the scariest person in the room... Well, Ignotus could give them a fright, all right. He would give them such a fright that they would be convinced that Dira herself had turned against them.

"You underestimate Zeltivans, Adarin." The Nuit added as he gestured for the two Wave Guards to hoist the man up. "I have lived a very long time, and if there is one thing I've learned, it's this- they cannot be subdued. Keep that in mind as we proceed. It might save you."

Image
A thousand thanks to Phoenix for the gorgeous blue frame, and a thousand more to Edreina for her beautiful magic-themed one!

Correspondence Thread
User avatar
Ignotus Everto
Only Mostly Mad
 
Posts: 601
Words: 292905
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 5:57 pm
Location: Zeltiva
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

The Time Is Here! (Eldritch)

Postby Eldritch on October 13th, 2013, 10:45 pm

Image
OOCThanks for the poke Iggy, I was letting things slide there. ;)

Adarin said nothing as he was hoisted to his feet, only glaring at Ignotus and leading the men holding him forward towards the exit of the office. His expression was something betwixt anger, confusion, and utter frustration. Whatever laid behind his mind was unknown to the group, as he was content to simply lead them in silence. A few of Ignotus' men murmured slightly amongst themselves, understandably worried at the prospect of being led by the enemy into the lion's den.

They quickly exited the office and started along the conspicuously empty streets of Zeltiva, the early morning breeze caressing the group. There was no chaos, no panic, everything seemed perfectly normal to the men and to Ignotus. The leader of the Sentinel had adopted an impassive expression, obviously he was either planning something or waiting for something though what was anyone's guess. The Wave Guards restraining him looked a little worried.

The man led them past the Docks, finally opting to speak. His tone was loud as though addressing the whole group but it was clear his target was Ignotus.

"I trust you realize when my men see you hauling me in there, you know that you'll be cut down?" He said.

His reward for the comment was a rough shove from one of the Wave Guards, but he continued undaunted.

"It's not really a matter of 'if' more a manner of 'when' or 'how', if you catch my meaning. Maybe you'll be fine, wizard, but your men, tsk what a waste of life." He went on.

That caught the attention of some of Ignotus' men, the murmurs starting up again with a few uneasy glances being sent in the Nuit's direction. It was clear that Adarin was preying on some of the unease with walking into the enemy territory, unfortunately for the Nuit it was working to some degree. In a lucid mindset, unaffected by Hypnosis, Adarin was far more dangerous even without a weapon.

"An arrow to the skull maybe? Or a blade in the back perhaps? Probably be dead before you could even blink." He commented, slightly amused by the prospect.

One of the guards shoved him, bidding him to be silent which actually worked this time. No further words were forth coming, his easy confidence and words were all he had really needed. The Zeltivan's would be more alert but certainly a little more shaken, at the end of the day that was a point away from the Nuit's favor and into his. He cast a subtle glance back towards the leaders of his captors, as though saying, 'your move'.
Image
User avatar
Eldritch
Do you feel your sanity begin to fray?
 
Posts: 596
Words: 237822
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2013, 3:05 pm
Location: DS of Zeltiva
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

The Time Is Here! (Eldritch)

Postby Ignotus Everto on October 14th, 2013, 3:05 am

Image
OOCLove ya pumpkin. ;) On to the exciting bit!

The ominousness of these statements were both helped and hindered by the fact that they were walking in an electric blue fog that ate half a street. But, Adarin's mouthing off did get something in response. A muttered word in Nader-Canoch, and a flap of feathers as one of Ignotus' pigeons fluttered onto his hand. "Do you see this, Adarin?" the Nuit said lazily as a measure of Res became liquid and wrapped around the rebel leader's neck. "This is what you might call a specialized golem. It's fairly harmless now, as you can see. But one little word, and it will attack. Now would be a good time to tell you that I spent the last three seasons scattering them across the entire city." he said lazily. Adarin wasn't the only one who could sway minds. "There's more than five hundred of them. They killed dozens during the siege of Sahova. Your men passed them when you were breaking in. They're following us right now."

And so they were... Lots of them. Adarin felt a nip as the outermost layer of the Res ring turned itself into ice, making a collar for the revolutionary. The insides, however, stayed liquid. More importantly, it stayed pressed to his skin. A thinner layer there transmuted into water. And then... He felt pain. Horrible, horrible pain. Like his nerves were on fire. He could try to scream, but his muscles had locked on him.

"Very kind of you to remind me of your mens' hot-blooded nature. I hope they're good shots, because what you felt was electricity. A thimbleful's worth, to be precise. If I transmute it all, either your heart will stop- or, if we're lucky- your head will explode. All it would take is a thought. I hope your men follow orders well, Adarin. It would be a pity if they were responsible for your death." The Nuit chuckled softly. "I survived the onslaught of Alahea's war machines in the heart of the first act of warfare in over five hundred years. Your men have maybe drilled for a long time. And the people around you... Well, they're quite capable. They've all brought down fairly large groups. Smuggling rings, packs of slavers, all sorts. But you've got a good point... Let's get ourselves some cloud cover, shall we?"

Without even breaking stride, the Reimantic mist rose, enveloping the entire group in its glow. It was thinner in the middle- thin enough to see fairly clearly- but almost opaque above. Rooftop snipers would have great difficulty aiming. To make matters worse, there was Adarin himself. If they missed, or the arrow over-penetrated, they'd hit him. Considering the state of Mizaharian medicine, that would end very, very poorly. It also made them look much, much spookier. Just a minor boost. "Please, keep talking Adarin." Ignotus said softly. "Maybe you'll tell us where you hid the treasure next."

His men felt a little more secure, then. They were an elite team with the perfect hostage! They had the survivor of an all-out battle among their ranks! Heck, they were survivors! But they should indeed keep wary. "If we're fortunate and civil, we'll be able to negotiate for your freedom. If, on the other hand, your men choose to act up... Well, I'm sure everyone appreciates a show, no?"

He just needed the whore in the same room as him. That was all. Let Adarin think he was in control. He didn't even know how to kill a Nuit. He may have superior resources, but he was hopelessly outmatched. Just this one road block... And then it would be all over.

Image
Last edited by Ignotus Everto on October 31st, 2013, 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A thousand thanks to Phoenix for the gorgeous blue frame, and a thousand more to Edreina for her beautiful magic-themed one!

Correspondence Thread
User avatar
Ignotus Everto
Only Mostly Mad
 
Posts: 601
Words: 292905
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 5:57 pm
Location: Zeltiva
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

The Time Is Here! (Eldritch)

Postby Eldritch on October 21st, 2013, 3:27 am

Image
OOCGah! I'm a horribly inactive person, thanks for being so patient with me. :)

Ignotus' little display seemed more than enough to shut Adarin up, though he did growl low at the wizards threats. He returned to the familiar silence he'd held up to this point, simply glaring ahead at the fog obscured path in front of him. The Nuit's men were notably more heartened by their leader's words, seemingly ready to take on whatever challenges lay ahead.

The Denvali Quarter was coming closer in sight, and as they walked the group would begin to notice differences. Shadows flicked in and out of their view just beyond the mist, possessing human like shapes to them. Most simply vanished into alleyways, though a few looked to be following them. Those were much more defined, looking closely back they would notice swords and axes were in the hands of the shapes. They weren't attacking but rather simply following at this juncture, as though held back by some unknown orders or waiting for something.

Obviously still shaken from Ignotus' little flexing of his power Adarin called up ahead the path, his voice steady on the surface but carrying undercurrents of fear.

"Stand down! Someone go and fetch Miranda, now, or I'll have your petching hides!" He commanded.

There was the unmistakable sound of drawn bows being let slack and of chainmail rustling. Adarin's commands were enough to get them in, though getting in was hardly the hard part. Now that they were entering the Quarter, surrounded by Denvali blades and bows one had to wonder how they were going to get out. They were not impeded, though the archers on the rooftops and the mercenaries waiting in the alleys were an unnerving sight. If things came down to a fight, it was obvious that even undead pigeons were unlikely to save the group.

The continued at Adarin's direction through the crooked paths of the Denvali Quarter, passing home after home. The buildings of the Denvali Quarter were simplistic for the most part, occasionally one would see a large shop but that was the extent of engineering the Quarter displayed. The silence around them was artificial, not one of the figures outside of the mist of blue res Ignotus created made a sound. No yell, no children laughing, no infants crying, it was eerie and slightly unnerving.

Finally a figure came into shape directly in their path, standing there with arms crossed across their chest. From a distance one might perhaps have expected it to be Miranda, fetched at Adarin's orders. Drawing closer they would see it as a rather dashing and handsome man, his eyes hazel eyes filled with compassion and seemed to possess an almost unnatural air of attraction about him. His expression look rather conflicted, and upon seeing him Adarin's face scrunched up in slight distaste. He'd wait until the procession came to a halt before speaking, his words calm and even.

"Greetings, I am Justus. I have come to meet you at the bidding of Miranda to escort you to her. She would... consider it a show of good faith if only your leader, two of you men and Adarin himself were to come with me. The rest of your men are to wait here, I give you my work they will not be harmed." He said, his tone warm and welcoming even under the current circumstances.
Image
User avatar
Eldritch
Do you feel your sanity begin to fray?
 
Posts: 596
Words: 237822
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2013, 3:05 pm
Location: DS of Zeltiva
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests