Closed Grace

[Cecily Askara] Wherein a most unexpected visitor come to the Den.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This lazy agricultural settlement rests on the swampy shores of the Middle Suvan at the delta of The Kenash River. The River's slow moving bayou waters have bred a different sort of people - rugged, cultured, and somewhat violent. Sprawling plantations of tobacco and cotton grow on the outskirts of the swamp in the rich Cyphrus soils, while the city itself curls around the bayou and spawns decadence and sins of all sorts. Life is slower in Kenash, but the lack of pace is made up for in the excesses of food and flesh in a city where drinking, debauchery, gambling, slavery, and overbearing plantation families dominate the landscape.

Moderator: Gossamer

Grace

Postby Jaadis Sitai on September 23rd, 2013, 9:21 pm

7th of Fall, 513 A.V.

Jaadis’s ruby hair reflected the fire in her eyes as she strode down an opulent corridor. It was nearly night outside, but in the Den muted torchlight cast dying shades across her as she crossed the distance. Her silvery eyes were dead set against the dark door that lay at the end. Something flashed at her side – a whip – and then Jaadis thrust the door open with weapon to hand.

Inside was a bedroom, and like her it was opulent and red. The bed’s silken sheets were rumpled, but no one lay betwixt them; rather, a man stood in front of it, and his skin seemed chestnut brown in what remained of a lampfire. At his feet lay a woman curled up in a fetal position. Her naked back purpled with angry bruises, and she was still screaming even as Jaadis began to speak.

“You will stop. Now.” Jaadis commanded with cold fire in her voice, and her whip flicked against the floor as reinforcement. The man did as she said, though not without reluctance.

“Oh, ain’t this a pot o’ shyke,” he complained, eyes like buckskin sullen. “Cassius said you allowed this kind of stuff, if I was so inclined, y’know, and I-”

“You didn’t pay to hit her,” Jaadis interrupted flatly. “Now get out, or else your wife will know of your little dalliances. Go!

The Paille left with his clothes in his arms and a scowl on his face, but Jaadis’s threat and her whip were enough to see the man out her door. When she had made sure he was long gone, she returned to the bedroom. Linn was still on the ground, crying.

For a second, Jaadis just looked at the slave girl. With the unruly patron gone, the anger had all but rushed out of her. At this point, all Jaadis had left was annoyance. Holding in a sigh, she knelt down beside her slave.

“What hurts?” Jaadis asked softly.

Linn snuffled. “My face, and back, and…”

“Anything serious?”

The girl hesitated. “Well, he jus’ slapped me, but…”

“But nothing broken? Good.” Jaadis stood up and brushed off the front of her dress. “Go to one of the baths, get yourself cleaned up. You have another patron in thirty chimes.”

“Yes, mistress.” Linn mumbled.

With a smile like sugar, Jaadis left the girl lying there.

Jaadis felt so merciful. At first, she hadn’t been sure if she should have given the girl all thirty chimes – that was thirty chimes that money wasn’t being made, after all – but now she felt almost as magnanimous as a holy man. By that point she had already spent several minutes in a bath herself, just to refresh herself, but Jaadis’s smile was radiant as she swept back into her lobby, where several patrons waited on her pleasure.

She knew all three of them, however, and down to the last they were old men who couldn’t persuade a girl into bed with anything other than mizas. The one who was just swept back the entrance curtain, well now – that was certainly a face she had not expected to see.

This day just gets better and better!

“Welcome to the Den,” Jaadis cried out to the new arrival, and her happiness ran deeper than words. “How may I assist you, dear?”
Last edited by Jaadis Sitai on October 22nd, 2013, 7:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Credit to Banickle for creating the Sitai insignia (since I'm going to use it often)!
Jaadis Sitai
From on a throne of roses

Words: 17477
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2013, 10:20 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Grace

Postby Cecily Askara on September 28th, 2013, 10:32 pm

The sun was making its daily respite into the west horizon as the darkness started creeping into the city of Kenash. Dark clouds were still looming over the bustling city, threatening to pour down cold rain like it's been doing throughout the day. Sharp flashes of lighting pulsed in the sky, barely stopping for even a second, followed by the familiar booming sound of thunder. The smell of burning metal was prominent in the air, though to small group of people, they seemed oblivious to what was going on around them.

A naive gathering of young Kenash debutante were not-so-quietly roaming the winding streets of the city, giggling and causing a ruckus wherever they stepped foot. Cecily Askara was smack dab in the middle of all of it, making heads turn when they heard her boisterous laugh. Four other dynasty brats accompanied her on either side, two girls and two boys. To be entirely honest, Cecily couldn't remember one of the girl's names, and two of them she's never met before. To her, it really didn't matter. She liked to think they were there for her dashing personality and wit - she didn't acknowledge that one of them had already asked to meet Banjemin... twice. She shook that thought off just as a great drop of water splashed on her nose.

"Oh, no!" she exclaimed to her friends. Well, calling them friends was an overstatement. Really, she had only invited one of the girls over, the one she had met at a party a couple days earlier. The girl showed up with the others, but not to Cecily's dismay. The more the merrier, she thought.

"Eek!" one girl shouted, the uglier one of the two, and threw herself at one of the boys. "It's raining!" she obviously pointed out, looking up at him like he could make the rain stop. His face was smug.

Well no shyke, Cecily thought, a sneer crossing her face. She was already annoyed with the girl. She thought she was cute. Cecily rolled her eyes, focusing back on the ever-increasing precipitation. She rushed them toward a big awning, protection from the water. They laughed and screamed as puddles slashed at their feet. Suddenly, the ugly girl gasped, putting a hand to her mouth, eyes wide.

"What?" they all said in unison. She pointed to an establishment down the road, THE DEN, the sign clearly read. Oh yes, the infamous Den, home to all scandal and secrets of Kenash. Cecily had plenty of knowledge of it, but never had stepped foot inside before.

"I dare you to go inside, Cecily." the ugly one said, a wicked smile now replacing the shocked face.

"Yeah," the rest of them agreed. "Go inside!"

"And do what?" Cecily replied, her face awry. She couldn't go inside there. She didn't want to go in. What if she saw someone she knew? Wait... what if she saw someone she knew?! Her vault of secrets would pile in with new ones if she saw someone she knew. It never hurt to have some extra leverage on someone.

All but just a couple chimes later, Cecily was venturing into the long hallway of The Den. At first, she thought it was nothing much to look at, nothing but an ugly, long hallway. Just when she was about to turn back, she saw a red curtain, went up to it, and pulled it away. What she saw next made her breath catch in her throat.

Jaadis Sitai.

Oh, shyke, she thought as the woman's face turned cheerful and merry. Cecily failed to remember she was the one who ran this rat's nest. Quickly, she told herself, she had to think of a way to cover herself up.

She put on a beaming smile right back at the woman, approaching her, arms outstretched like she was going to hug Jaadis. But just as they came close enough, the Askara dropped her arms.

"Well, hello, Jaadis! What a pleasure." she replied. "Think you could fetch me a great round of ale for me and my friends?" Cecily gestured around like she had a great group of people accompanying herself, all the while smiling like everything was normal. But, it seemed that no one was behind her, besides the two old men waiting for services, and no trace of anyone else coming through the curtains.

"We are all so famished after a long day in the city."
She's crazy, though. I guess there's something wrong inside.
She's crazy, though. I guess she took control.
Cecily Askara
Have my pie and eat it too.

Words: 15801
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2013, 3:11 am
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Grace

Postby Jaadis Sitai on October 22nd, 2013, 8:21 pm

“Miss Cecily Askara.” Jaadis greeted. Her smile was as merry as before, but as Cecily approached with arms outstretched the older woman didn’t return the favor; instead she seemed to simply be observing the other girl, taking everything in. Stormy gray eyes flickered uncertainly to the curtain when Cecily mentioned other friends. They returned with suspicion and perhaps the slightest sliver of understanding.

Jaadis smiled deeper when Cecily mentioned how hungry ‘they’ were, and said, “Oh, I’m sure. Unfortunately, I do not have the pleasure of running some little pantry where I can just hand out food left and right. This is a whorehouse, my dear, as you and your ‘friends’ should know, and we deal in rather different pleasures here.” And there it was, the steel beneath the velvet, sliding in and out, quick as lightning. The tinkling little laugh that followed her statement was clearly supposed to soften the blow, and did a rather poor job at that.

“Come, come.” Jaadis said enigmatically. As she beckoned Cecily deeper into the Den, one of the codgers (who had all been so patiently waiting) rose from a couch of red silk to entreat her. He managed three words – “When can I…” – before a single glance from the Sitai sent him running back to his seat with his tail in between his legs. Jaadis’s stride wasn’t so much as broken.

Their destination was an ebony desk at the end of the room. “Now, then…” Jaadis sighed as she slipped into the chair behind the desk. “…I’m afraid I cannot help you with food or drink, as I said before, but you look so exhausted, my dear. It has been raining out there, yes?” Jaadis clucked her tongue with sympathy. “You poor thing. Perhaps a bath or massage would help? It’s only three golden mizas for a full-body massage.”

Jaadis shared a wink with her that said, that’s pocket change for the likes of us.
Credit to Banickle for creating the Sitai insignia (since I'm going to use it often)!
Jaadis Sitai

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Grace

Postby Cecily Askara on October 27th, 2013, 4:02 pm

The hasty action of walking into this establishment was already regretted. Cecily thought that coming here would reap in juicy new secrets, but not even her story was coming up to par. She had already dug herself a hole, so why not dig a deeper one?

“Oh, I’m sure. Unfortunately, I do not have the pleasure of running some little pantry where I can just hand out food left and right. This is a whorehouse, my dear, as you and your ‘friends’ should know, and we deal in rather different pleasures here.”

Cecily was aware of Jaadis's cold tone. It took all her might to smile warmly back at the woman instead of lashing back with the same steely persona. She ruffled her eyebrows, put her hand on her hip, and played the innocent and confused part.

"Oh! Where did my friends run off to? They must've wandered home. I'm sorry. I must be in the wrong place, then! I was under the impression this was a fine inn. I never would've imagined such a fine Sitai lady like you would run such an... establishment." Cecily said, saying it loud enough for the other customers to hear, just in case they wanted to go around telling rumors. At least she'd have an alibi. "I must be going, then..." she added, trying to squirm her way from the entryway. Instead Jaadis dragged her by the arm and led her to the wooden desk.

Now, then... I’m afraid I cannot help you with food or drink, as I said before, but you look so exhausted, my dear. It has been raining out there, yes? You poor thing. Perhaps a bath or massage would help? It’s only three golden mizas for a full-body massage.”

Cecily was angry. She could not help but show it with her wide-eyed, crazy looking facials. She was trying to act friendly, but it only made her look even more unstable. She took advantage of the chair in front of the desk and got straight to business, all the while keeping the crazy-lady face.

"I really couldn't be less interested in getting a bath or massage, but you think if I bought one, you wouldn't go blabbing to the entire town about this?" she offered, attempting a smile.
She's crazy, though. I guess there's something wrong inside.
She's crazy, though. I guess she took control.
Cecily Askara
Have my pie and eat it too.

Words: 15801
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2013, 3:11 am
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Grace

Postby Jaadis Sitai on November 12th, 2013, 2:14 am

Jaadis raised her eyebrows. “My dear, you insult me. Going and blabbing about what happens in my own establishment? That would hardly be professional, now would it? However…I cannot be certain that our friends out here would do the same.” The dynastic’s pale arm rose to indicate the three men waiting without, all of whom seemed pointedly disinterested in the women’s conversation. “And wouldn’t that be a shame, if your reputation was destroyed by an old drunken fool’s slip of the tongue?”

On the top of the hard dark wood of the desk Jaadis’s fingers steepled. “Let us be frank, my dear. The regrettable truth of it is that you were doomed from the moment you steeped inside my door.” Jaadis murmured.

“Now, regardless of whatever you actually do here, the rumor will spread. You and your image will become linked with that of the Den, and all the dark baggage that comes with it. Oh, how they will whisper of you…much the same happened to me when I first opened up this place.” Jaadis sighed theatrically.

“In time, though, I managed to turn such stigma into an allure, darkness into a desire. Any threat you can hold against me for being associated with this place will hold no water, I fear. Would such an innocent young girl like you be able to do the same?” Jaadis smirked. “Somehow I think…not.”

“However, never fear. I have a solution to your little conundrum.” Jaadis spread her arms wide in generosity. “You oblige a single whim of mine and get that massage I offered. If you do so, I assure you that no whispers of what happens – or has happened – today will leave these four walls.”

Jaadis’s head tilted shrewdly as she awaited Cecily’s response. “Your choice, dearest.”
Jaadis Sitai

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook