Moments of Zen [Fade, Open]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Rhuryc on August 3rd, 2010, 10:33 am

8th Day of Summer, 510 AV

The moon was soothing. Out amongst the towering walls and vertical buildings one could find themselves in whole other world, one so different than the city of the day. Here ghosts and shadows ruled. What was once a clear path under the light of sun could easily fade under the reign of darkness. Cold chills followed those whom traveled alone with long stretches between torches, and those only provided light for those whom kept to the main roads and corridors. Wanderers found themselves lost among twisting tunnels and unknown routes as the night swept them ever onward. Strange noises, bumps and creaks, the sounds of elder architecture, kept even the most naive on their toes for fear of what lay around the corner. What remained worse was the lack of clatter. The day brought with it all sorts of phenomenon, a constant chorus of chatter and cobble, iron wrought against stone, song, dance, and every manner of irregular sound to tease the ear in curiosity; yet, Syliras at night was bereft of such a melody, left to stir in an eerie silence.

For some, strange reason Rhuryc enjoyed the midnight hour. Clad in his typical array of coat, tunic, breeches, and boots, the young man wandered in his own stupor, vision up-cast as he followed the stars in some undefined pattern. Each step brought with it a clack as the hard leather knocked against the cobbled stone below, almost like a horse, and he made no effort to hide his presence. His venture was far too selfish for that. Still awake after a long day at the forge his features were still nonetheless sharp, albeit his hair a wreck from the sweat of the forge. That brought no peculiar tidings. The apprentice was use to his station and carried himself well as he meandered, one hand set upon the belt he wore about his waist, both knife and sword fastened to the right and left hip respectively.

Where was he? With a blink, the young man turned about and eyed his surroundings with a quizzical expression, unsure of just which corner he had turned. A torch lay in the distance behind him, but ahead there was naught by darkness and silence. Fun. Despite his unfailing knowledge of the city, he admitted that at night such knowing was strained, and the only way to cure such failings was to explore. And explore he would. With one hand on the hilt of his blade, Rhuryc made his way forward into the unknown; granted, it was the unknown behind the walls and guards of the Syliras, but it remained unknown nonetheless!

Perhaps he would find something new.
Rhuryc
Honorific

Words: 466305
Joined roleplay: July 21st, 2010, 7:22 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Fade on August 3rd, 2010, 1:30 pm

Fade walked in silence shrouded by darkness. She made almost no sound walking on the balls of her feet her bag sometimes bouncing on her hip when she took a step. A slight wind ruffled her hair and found its way under her white dress chilling her a bit. In the moonlight her pale skin acquired a silverish colour and her icy blue eyes became grey, reflecting the night sky. Her blonde almost white hair also looked much lighter in colour.
Not knowing where she was didn’t bother her, most of the time she didn’t know just that.
When she made a noise she tried to make it bigger knowing that loud sounds were less noticed than smaller, closer sounds. A heavy footfall in the street was less worrying than the soft sound of betrayed silence.
She let the wind guide her through the twisting alleys and streets, the ruff cobblestones presented no difficulties for her, without looking she didn’t trip once.

Walking down an alley she heard a rhythmic sound coming her way, somebody walking her way. She quickly stepped into a shadow but then as he figure came closer she stepped into a pool of moon light. She probably would have looked like a weird apparition or ghost wearing all that white She stood there preferring to be visible than to be discovered hiding or running away. She drew out her knife which glinted, she was lucky with her shots. The thought made a small smile play on her lips.
Fade
Player

Words: 105680
Joined roleplay: May 8th, 2010, 10:58 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Rhuryc on August 3rd, 2010, 4:41 pm

Rhuryc was confused. Not surprised, not alarmed. Confused. His trek into the darkness had revealed something new indeed, a ghostly, slender woman, clad in a dress that any man could take a genuine interest in. There she stood, a figure of brilliance silhouetted against the pale light of the moon. Yet, no matter the splendor and magnificence, Rhuryc could not help but notice the glint. In her hand she held a dagger or some kind of knife. Whatever it was the weapon was obviously drawn with the intent to be used. Any other random by-stander might have been alarmed, scared even. Perhaps on any other day Rhuryc would have been as well, except he just so happened to have an ace up his sleeve.

Iron scrapped against leather as the man drew his blade from it's scabbard. The bastard sword was considerably longer than the knife and the fact that its wielder stood at a solid six feet and four inches gave it a severe advantage in reach. Rhuryc almost grinned. He had no intention to say it, but his was bigger. Instead he lifted the weapon with a single hand and held it out in front of his chest, his eyes focusing on the woman.

"Not your lucky day I imagine," The man's thick baritone echoed off the walls of the alley, his tone light and surprisingly settled. "But if you put it away we can end this little meet'n'greet on a high note."
Rhuryc
Honorific

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Skylar on August 3rd, 2010, 8:04 pm

"Children, children, put away your toys. All that noise will do naught but bring bad luck to you tonight." An unarmed, and, if I may say so myself, quite stylishly dressed young man wandered into view between the two of them. The only real oddity of his appearance was the large carved pumpkin he wore instead of a head. Perhaps there was no head beneath it!

There was, though, and from its lips he was uttering more words still. "Frankly, my good franklins, it is neither of your's'ses lucky days, because if the knights find you brandishing weapons at each other, they'll no more listen to your excuses than they would gainsay the motives of a roaring forest flame. Are we understanding?"

When he walked, if it was indeed a male, for his voice was more than a little androgynous, as was his appearance. And the way he walked was a strange gambol, punctuated by the occasional leap or spin. He was certainly a character, of that there could be little doubt.

He had wandered between the two of them almost by accident, but there could be no doubt of his purposes in staying between them. If there was one thing Skylar could count on, it was people's abilities to cut each other to ribbons over the most ridiculous things.

And as usual, only Skylar would get in trouble.

Besides, he liked the look of that ghost girl, he couldn't wait to get her alone somewhere and ravage her... mind.

"Spill no blood here tonight. There's a goblin and a ghost and a ghoul here, between the three of us. Let us tempt fate not."
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!

Italics are hypnotic suggestions.
Skylar
O Existence, Let Me Be Known!

Words: 30581
Joined roleplay: April 25th, 2010, 11:04 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet

Postby Fade on August 4th, 2010, 9:13 am

Fade looked at the walking pumping and tried not to smile, but its words were as ominous as the mans were. She put her dagger back slowly into her bag and said slowly “I understand well enough”

She looked at the two men, if the pumpkin headed person was a man and sighed.
But she had an ace up her sleeve, or rather on her upper chest, which she could use in self defence or at least in prevention but there was a price.
She darted out of the patch of moonlight and clamped her hand on the pumpkins bare skin. She let go and stepped back shivering, her red mark glowed faintly in the darkness. Now she could focus on the man brandishing the sword, knowing to well her gift worked one at a time she had chosen to touch the fishiest one of the two. Even with her back turned she could feel the pumpkins desires and they screamed danger at every turn, the compulsions making her a bit dizzy.

“I put mine away you sheath your sword, no reason to get violent I'm sorry if a starteled you. You would win anyway no glory no fair fight. And you…” she turned to the pumpkin man and glared at him “just to make it clear...you shall not get into my head."

She put her hands on her hips trying to weigh the situation than she finally said “I’m no ghost, they call me Fade you can to.” She shut her mouth her eyes icier than ever.
Last edited by Fade on August 4th, 2010, 2:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Fade
Player

Words: 105680
Joined roleplay: May 8th, 2010, 10:58 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Rhuryc on August 4th, 2010, 9:56 am

Rhuryc was in no mind to sheath his blade. First the woman and now? A pumpkin. A pumpkin head. Whatever, a creature. Neither being warranted a state of safety and thusly the man had absolutely no intention to lure himself into a false sense of security. If there was one thing his training had taught him it was to never throw yourself face down in the mud while a man wearing a pumpkin on his head was watching you. Or something. The point remained that Rhuryc did not like either of these individuals. At all.

The sudden movement did not help. As Fade rushed forward Rhuryc kept his guard sound, his eyes following the young woman as he dug his heel into the cobble, ready for whatever she intended. His worry did not stem to the guard; he had lived in Syliras all his life and was a generally productive citizen, even if he had his weapon drawn the reason would be blatant. Here, in the darkness, no good could come of this meeting, and Rhuryc wanted little more to do with it. Perhaps he would let pumpkin head and ghost lady fight it out.

"There is no understanding. Jumping out at someone with a brandished weapon is not cause to let your guard down. And, no offense," Rhuryc said, his gaze flicking to the form of the nuit, "But you strike me as a creature I'd rather not follow the whim of. If the Knights were to happen upon us I very much imagine they would agree with me." His tone was dark, serious. Something wicked was afoot here and he would not be suckered by it.
Rhuryc
Honorific

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Leviathan on February 12th, 2011, 8:19 pm

Thread Award!
Rhuryc

Skills
Skill Gain Info.
N/A

Lore
Into the Dark Unknown

Fade

Skills
Skill Gain Info.
Observation 1 Observation of Darkness
Stealth 1 --

Lore
Into the Dark Unknown
Reading Desire

Skylar

Skills
Skill Gain Info.
Rhetoric 3 Intriguing Speech

Lore
N/A
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook