PM to join Awaken Memories (Sekai)

Xeona stumbles across a crying Sekai...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Known as the Celestial Seat, Nyka is a religious city in Northern Sylira. Ruled by four demigods and traversed by a large crevice, the monk-city is both mystical and dangerous. [Lore]

Awaken Memories (Sekai)

Postby Xeona on September 26th, 2013, 7:22 pm

30th of Fall 513 AV

There was something about foggy days that Xeona couldn't put his finger on. Something that was just... there. Usually, he combined fog with a successful prank. He thought back on his latest prank with Savio and chuckled. It was foggy that day, too... It was starting to get late, and some Nykans had already gone inside in fear of the creatures from the Aperture. Xeona saw a great opportunity to play a late-night prank, just for some fun. Everyone seemed to need it these days...

He materialized and started to walk around the city, trying to incline confusion into the citizens that were still outside. It was going fairly well, until he passed a woman, about his age. After they had locked eyes for a moment, she turned her head around and... was she crying? "Oh no, did I go too far again? Gods, I need to keep it down a notch..." Xeona thought to himself while heading over to the woman.

Boxcode by Savio
Last edited by Xeona on October 16th, 2013, 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't mind me, just passing though...

"Xeona's speech" "Xeona's thoughts" "Describing stuff" "NPC talks"
Xeona
Sorry to pop in unannounced

Words: 28603
Joined roleplay: August 27th, 2013, 6:14 am
Race: Ghost
Character sheet

Awaken Memories (Sekai)

Postby Sekai on September 29th, 2013, 2:55 am

If it was one thing that gave Sekai a worry, it was when her sight was hindered. She rather see and hear the opponent approach, than rely only on one sense. And this fog, was doing just that. However, as she walked, she felt a chill of the sorts. However, it didn't feel like the same chill that the misty fog normally gives off. This is odd., she thought warily to herself. Even after several weeks of staying in this city, she felt like she barely understood anything about it. 

As she walked, ignoring the not-so-friendly glances given by the Nykians, she found her attention landing on what was probably a ghost. The ghost gave off the same kind of happy-joker feel, which was rather similar to...him. Her father was always a happy person, who had a knack for making jokes, always managing to bring laughter forward from others. Tch. Why now?, she questioned herself, as she felt her vision starting to blur, from the film of tears that were forming in her eyes. She turned and quickly ran down the nearest alleyway, and ended up in a dead end. Here, she fell to her knees, with her hands on the ground. She gritted her teeth, as the tears slowly fell. She did not want to cry, and even if she does, she makes sure that she doesn't cry openly.
Sekai
Wrong Place at the Wrong Time

Words: 48382
Joined roleplay: August 18th, 2013, 1:57 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Awaken Memories (Sekai)

Postby Xeona on September 29th, 2013, 8:29 pm

As Xeona tried to get closer to the woman, she ran away into an alleyway. This made him feel a bit discomforted, he never wanted anyone to feel that bad. His jokes had went the wrong direction before, it was nothing new. But Xeona always felt bad when things like this happened, and it always seemed like it would happen every single day, on every single season. Xeona knew that wasn't true, things like this happened only around 10 times a season. But he always managed to remind himself someday when something went off track.

There was no running away this time, he knew that he had to make her feel better. He couldn't just leave her like this, crying in an alleyway. On his way there, he wondered what could've made her so upset. Was it just fear of ghosts? He had heard that one several times before. First sighting? That could make things clear. It could make anyone run off, but the crying? He couldn't explain why she was crying, no matter how he looked at it.

Xeona eventually made it to the alleyway, and in the other end, the woman was there, still crying. He went over to the woman and said: "I'm sorry. I really didn't want it to go this way..." Xeona was not sure if the woman could hear him over her sobbing, but he decided to keep on talking. He really needed to get this guilt away from his chest. "If I can make things better by doing anything, just tell me. I really don't want you to be wasting your life away, crying in an alleyway."

Boxcode by Savio
Last edited by Xeona on October 2nd, 2013, 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xeona

Character sheet

Awaken Memories (Sekai)

Postby Sekai on October 2nd, 2013, 2:22 am

Sekai's tears were still slowly dripping down her face, as she knelt there in silence. She really and truly dreaded situations like these, where she will be reminded of her parents. She couldn't even enter Zeltiva properly, because of those memories. She had barely steppe in, before bursting into tears, and getting onto the closest boat. Now there was a ghost that gave off the same aura, or feel, that her father had. Was there no end to where her past will haunt her from?

As all those thoughts were running through her head, she felt the temperature drop, similar to how it felt right before she laid eyes on the ghost. Forget the past. Put that aside for now. Just forget it., she repeated, over and over again, as she stood up. Hearing the ghost apologize -What did he do wrong?-, and ask if he could do anything to help, she ponder for an answer. After several ticks, and four tears later, she had an answer. "No...you didn't do...anything wrong...", she said, every pause was due to the effort of not crying out loud, "...just that...you remind me of...him...", here she stopped speaking altogether, holding back the onslaught go tears with all her willpower. Finally able to -barely- speak again, she continued. "I'm sorry, I made you worried, didn't I?", this time much more successful at keeping the tears back. All this time however, her back was facing the ghost. Sekai knew that, at this moment, if she looked at the ghost, the tears will come forth once again.
Sekai

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Awaken Memories (Sekai)

Postby Xeona on October 2nd, 2013, 5:13 pm

Xeona was relived when he heard he was not directly the source of the woman's sadness. Did he reassemble someone she knew? The answer he should avoid was "Who do I remind you of?" That would just be plain cruel to ask. "Yeah... I thought I really messed something up... again..." He let his head fall down to his chest, but the woman couldn't see that, as she had her back turned. He let out a small sigh, and started to walk away.

"The name's Xeona, by the way. Keep that on your mind, if you ever come across me someday." He walked away at a slow pace, looking back a few times to see if the woman had paced up with around five to ten ticks between each check. When he was almost out of the alleyway, he sat down and watched the somewhat busy street. He didn't bother dematerialising, it was still a pretty creepy effect to anyone who bothered looking their way.

He watched the street for what seemed like forever, when it was only for a couple of chimes. He pondered about the woman. She hadn't left the alley, if she hadn't gone another way like climbing up the roofs or anything. Had he really dug up such a memory that left her crying for such a long time? "Hope she recovers from it. It seemed to leave quite a mental scar..."

Boxcode by Savio

Xeona

Character sheet

Awaken Memories (Sekai)

Postby Sekai on October 6th, 2013, 4:19 am

Sekai sighed heavily, as she collapsed back on her knees. It was absolutely tiring, trying to keep her emotions in check, and perhaps this was one of those days where her mastery over her tears had failed. Breathing slowly, she spent a short while kneeling in the now empty alleyway, as she attempted to recompose herself. Finally, the tears had stopped, and she wiped off the tears from her eyes, before standing up. Turning around, she walked toward where the ghost currently sat, and plunked herself down beside him, in a rather unladylike fashion, with her legs crossed, and sitting on her dress.

"Sorry that I made you worry, Xeona.", Sekai apologized, with a small smile on her face, only slightly tinged with sadness. "Ah, my name is Sekai, by the way.", she added, before reaching out her hand as if to shake hands with the ghost. Whether or not the ghost could really take her hand and shake it, was beyond her knowledge. If the ghost doesn't shake her hand, or can not, she would put her hand down. Afterwards, she asked, "You probably want to know who you remind me of, don't you?", in a quiet voice.
Sekai

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Awaken Memories (Sekai)

Postby Xeona on October 7th, 2013, 5:54 am

As Sekai reached her hand to Xeona, he simply shook his head. "You'll probably not want me to shake that. Unless you want to feel a cond sensation running through your body, starting at your hand." When she asked if he wanted to know who he reminded her of, Xeona looked away. "Yeah... I really wanted to ask before, but I figured it would've just been cruel."

Xeona looked out on the street. It was a bit more calm now, which was more to his liking. Less people on the streets meant less people glaring towards him and Sekai. He had gotten used to the glares, with him being dead and all, it was really common. He didn't know about Sekai, though.

Boxcode by Savio

Xeona

Character sheet

Awaken Memories (Sekai)

Postby Sekai on October 9th, 2013, 11:21 pm

Sekai sighed, as she heard the repercussions of touching a ghost. Hearing the expecte answer given in response to her question, Sekai composed her thoughts -with extreme care-, before speaking. "My father, was someone who could make even the coldest of faces crack a smile. He always made jokes, and everyone around him never seemed to be able to become frustrated, or upset. You give off the same feeling as him, and as a ghost...", the rather short and simple description of her father given, summarized in as little words as possible.

After waiting and hearing what ever the ghost had to say about being similar to her father, Sekai wanted to ask a question of her own. "So...how did you die? You are dead, right? Or are you born a ghost?", she asked, worried that she was pushing the boundaries of touchy subjects.
Sekai

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Awaken Memories (Sekai)

Postby Xeona on October 10th, 2013, 10:58 pm

As Sekai spoke about her father, Xeona could understand why she was reminded. It was very similar to his own lifestyle, and him probably being dead... "If that's the case, I really don't blame you for crying. That is really similar..."

When she asked how he had died, he turned away in shame. His death was a really senetive subject to him, in fact, his entire life was a sensitive subject. "You just can't look like someone's dead father and get away with it, I guess..." That was just how things worked out nowadays... "Alright, first off, you can't be born a ghost. You need to be killed someway when you're alive first." At this point, he turned back to Sekai. "And as for how I died..." It took a while to collect the courage of telling the way he had been killed. "... I got executed. You really don't think a lot when you know someone's going to seperate your head from your body with the help of an axe..."

Boxcode by Savio

Xeona

Character sheet

Awaken Memories (Sekai)

Postby Sekai on October 13th, 2013, 5:16 am

Ah, so ghosts only do form from the once living beings. Perhaps their soul is still tethered here somehow? Or maybe I'm just over thinking things., Sekai thought to herself, adding her newfound knowledge to the ones she got from reading too much when she was younger. Hearing how one feels, as they know when they will be killed, and how they will be killed, Sekai could only mutter, "I'm sorry for asking...", in quiet voice. She really didn't want to keep pushing the boundaries of touchy subjects, so she quickly thought of a new one. "So, what were you doing at this time of the night?", she asked cheerfully, the pain from the scars of her past hidden from her voice, unless one carefully picks it out. And even then, it was only a sliver of the raw, emotional pain. "I mean, normally I thought ghosts just wander around, and still act like their living in the past?", she added, possibly accidentally implying that ghosts seem old.
Sekai

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Next