Completed Three Riders

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

Three Riders

Postby Edreina on October 31st, 2013, 5:40 pm

When the void leapt forward to swallow her up, Edreina cried out and thrust forward to hands, attempting to shield herself from a blow. When no injury made itself known, she opened her eyes and immediately felt incredibly silly. Somehow, they had been transported to another place entirely. This one was unlike anything Edreina had ever seen or imagined. Great machinations occupied the far wall, framing a throne made small by distance. It was utterly still and silent save for the rumbling clunks as the largest piece of metal crashed down upon its neighbor, forcing it to turn. There had once been a tinkerer upon the Anchorage, but Edreina had been young and only remembered that he would sit on his deck manipulating small discs of metal.

As they passed through the throne room, the maid silently and Edreina with squeaking pants and softly knocking boots, she noticed that many things looked to be from books she had read or dreams she had dreamt. It was strange to her, but familiar in the oddest way. The large crystals housing small gyres of soft light caught her eye for they did not flicker as traditional sources of light did. That paired with their oddly blue light, compared to the dull orange of a lantern, gave the entire room a surreal quality.

Slowly they ascended the stairs and, by this point, Edriena's heart was hammering with anticipation. She wondered who dwelled in so grand a place and what in the world they could want with a simple Svefra so far from the Suvan.

When finally they topped the stairs, Edreina stopped dead in her tracks. Sitting in the throne was none other than herself. Mind you she was years younger and had obviously been fed better with less need for constant physically activity... But the curve of her lips, the shade of her hair, the angle of her cheekbones... even the light in her eyes belonged to Edreina. Immediately, her hand tightened on her whip, lips pressing together warily. What sorcery is this? There was a tremble of fear, of panic in her thoughts.

Chills raced across the aged reflection's skin as the small girl in the chair laughed, voice a mockery of her own song. The disappearance of the ghost meant little to Edreina as she stared herself down, fingers clenching and unclenching as she fought her own fear. Nothing about this situation made any sense to her. No story she had read or heard ever spoke of this! It must be a trick... I must have fallen from Jorven and knocked my head upon a stone... There is no way that this can be real!

When she was approached by a familiar stride, she automatically took a half-step back, placing her foot on a lower stair. Big sis... Edreina had never heard those words leave her own lips, nor the haunting giggle that followed. There was age behind the words that the true Edreina had not yet even come to possess. An answer was expected, she realized with a spell of dread settling in her gut.

With a deep breath she cleared her throat and forced her hard-pressed lips to part around her words. "Your castle is lovely... And I haven't a clue why you've called for me... There must be something you... want." The possibilities of what exactly the pseudo-Svefra could desire caused Edreina's coppery hair to stand on edge on her scalp and her legs to tremble lightly, begging to be put into use as she fled this cursed place.

Gods... What had she gotten herself into now?
Edreina
Unbound

Words: 1079180
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2013, 1:40 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Lore Author (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Three Riders

Postby Radiant on November 4th, 2013, 1:50 pm

'Edreina' giggled again at the tense act shown by her older counterpart, the little girl looked very innocent and adorable with her big blue eyes and long red hair cascading down to her waist. The dress she wore looked to be made from the finest silk of Kalinor with accessories only affordable by people such as Kale Belmont. "What's wrong, big sis? Why are you scared?" She tilted her head as she asked in innocent curiosity.

"Why don't we have a tea party? Hehe~" With a flick of her hand, a wave of rose petals rose up from between her and Edreina, the rose petals magically conjure a circular table with two expensive-looking chairs. On the table was a lavish tea set. The little girl made her way to one of the chair and adorably sat down on it. Procuring tea for both herself and 'big sis'. "Come! Sit and drink!"

Whether Edreina obliged or not, she would continue, drinking her tea slowly and gazed at the sky. "You know, big sis." She twirled the tea cup around, her voice suddenly becoming much more mature, but still held the high-pitched child-like voice. "Why do you think you can come all the way here, pass all of the white bonies outside? Why do you think you even survived even with those two humans weighing you down?" She leaned in and propped up her chin by putting both of her elbows on the table. "What makes you think that I'm not you and all of this, is not just an image conjured by your own mind?"

"Why indeed, big sis." She leaned back, pouring another cup of tea. "I sense that you're in a doubt, you think you have found your place in life, yet... I don't see that. I think you are still doubting whether... going with that tattooed monster is the right thing." Little Edreina then narrowed her blue eyes, flare of hatred undisguised even through her child form. "I think I don't like him, Big sis. He's just a murderer trotting on a false sense of honor. If I'm you - which maybe I am - I will leave him and forge my own destiny."

"So, big sis, what do you think?"
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Three Riders

Postby Edreina on November 9th, 2013, 4:02 am

"I'm scared because I stand before the unknown..." The true Edreina whispered to herself... Well, her true self; she hoped that the fear falling from her lips was not heard by the shade before her. With the motion of the petals, the redhead leapt backwards, hand coming up once more to shield her face. The move landed her several steps down and it took a moment to keep her from losing her balance. When finally she recovered, the sight before her shocked her, inciting a cocked head.

The tea table and chairs were out of place, but the situation in general was strange enough. Another odd thing was not enough to alarm Edreina further. Inexorably, the Svefra found comfort in being told to sit for somehow her knees had begun to quake. After collapsing into the chair, she simply sat, watching the smaller version of herself. The tea went untouched as her hands were occupied by an odd fiddling motion in her lap.

Suddenly, words started to dribble from her lips, senseless, meaningless babble. It grated against Edreina's sluggish thoughts, taking several ticks to transform from lilting noise to words with a purpose. And that purpose, Edreina decided, was one that she did not favor. Somehow, the words struck a familiar chord, reminding her of... No. It cannot be. Anger and annoyance curled her lips for a tick before disappearing beneath a mask. No, there was no way that this, any of this could be-

Were Illusionists capable of such things? And... For so long? Edreina's mind somersaulted over the idea, shuddering and shying away from the possibility of such power. But, on top of her fear was an itching, crawling sort of annoyance. It dug at her and pulled at her until finally managing to skitter across her tongue and out her lips. "Razkar is not just a murderer," she said slowly, measuring out each word. Just as the child's eyes were narrowed, the elder woman's did the same. But, there was more fire in this woman's eyes, more strength of conviction; this Edreina had something beyond petty personal feelings to fight for. "He lives as he knows how, bringing glory to his... to our Goddess," absent fingers trailed over the pale scar on the meatiest part of her palm, a now-healed memory of tributes made and promises kept. "His life is simpler and truer than than of most that walk upon the still earth."

She hesitated, a wry smile curving her lips. There was no doubt in her heart, so this false child of the Suvan was not a creation of brain; someone else was creating and driving the illusion. The only time she ever doubted Razkar or their relationship was when the bronze-skinned beauty of Falyndar intruded in her thoughts. "Like it or not, my destiny is bound to his. He is my best friend and so much more. Like it or not, there is nothing that could pry me from his side."

Finally, anger seized her again and she rose abruptly, slamming her hands down on the table. This ruse, this conjured nonsense, it was wearing on the last of her frayed nerves. Fighting the urge to growl, settling for baring her teeth instead. Something fiery raged in her chest, burning and scorching and electrifying all that she was. Without stopping to think of the consequences, she thrust herself into it. Strength and warmth flowed through her body and, with a small bit of energy, she channeled this strength into the muscles that gave her voice, allowing it to imbue the air that would leave her lips with a certain kind of power. It was weak, but it was an attempt.

Edreina did not stop to remember that this entire situation could easily have been created by a master of her newfound art, perhaps even someone more.

"It's time that I leave," she said, allowing Djed to color her words. There was no distinct emotion in the magic, only a sense of purpose and of need. She could only hope that some element of this would flow into her- into it. The anger-addled process was akin to giving someone a half-dry lump of clay instead a crafted vessel and hoping that it would still serve some sort of purpose.
Edreina
Unbound

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Three Riders

Postby Radiant on November 12th, 2013, 3:45 pm

"...." Little Edreina strangely went silent as the older one slammed her fists on the conjured table, the tea set curiously didn't budge at all as if glued to the table. The mockery of young Edreina didn't look intimidated by the older one's anger, she grinned instead, a purely childish grin filled with innocence. "I see, I see, Big Sis~ You like him don't you? Ehehe~ I understand." She drank another cup of tea, completely unaffected by Edreina's mood.

"Love can make you do crazy things." The little girl shrugged, but then she smiled like a proud mentor to her apprentice when Edri's djed-coated words washed over her, her big blue eyes holding surprising amount of maturity. "Alright, bye bye, big sis~! Do visit again~ or not! Since I might not be here, ehehe~" The little girl let her leave just like that. "Oh, before you leave... I'm glad, use your power well, big sis."

Suddenly, the giant mechanical clockwork behind the throne suddenly stopped with a clang. The ethereal blue glow from the orbs disappeared and the very reality distorted like ripples on a lake. The young version of the Svefra happily waved at the older one as her body distorted along with the environment, then everything was covered in bright white light.

As the light subsided, Edreina would find herself standing alone in a clearing. Not far away from her was the placid form of Jorven coolly grazing on the grass along with her companions' horses. Seb and Manny were sleeping soundly on the forest floor, a slap or two would wake them up.

In the distance, however, far away from the party. Two curious figures, a small woman with cloaked hood covering most of her features accompanied by a cobra coiling around her shoulders. The cobra hissed at the woman, speaking in snake-tongue. "It isss done, Sissster Sari. Are you satisssfied?"

"..." The woman just nodded silently before turning her back. Walking in a slow pace back to the Kabrin Road.

"Sssuch isss the power of a Priessst of Ionu, Sissster. Ssserve the Trickssster well and maybe you'll be asss crafty asss me."

"Of courssse, Brother Mesha, of courssse." The Viper Dhani nodded, replying in Common. There was no denying the power of her fellow Inverted. With three marks, he could create an entirely new reality. "Now I sssee that their love isss true, hehe, she isss alssso not hesitating to use her newfound power."

"Sssahaha! Glad to let it out of your chesst now, huh? Maybe I'll hold a favor from you. Oh, are we sneaking back to their caravan now?"

"Yep, until Zeltiva." With a sudden mist covering them, the woman and snake suddenly turned into a single average-looking male human mercenary after emerging from the mist.

OOCAlright! This should be my last post for the thread, Edri! You can post your last reply then I'll grade it. :)
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Three Riders

Postby Edreina on November 13th, 2013, 6:41 am

OOCThank you so much for modding this :)

Sunlight warmed her cheeks, turning her vision a pale pink. However, neither its glow nor its warmth did anything to remove the knot of apprehension from her gut. For several ticks, she stood silently, listening for the creak and groan of the bonemen, for the cluttering clanks of the enormous metal gears, even for the breath of her smaller self. When no sound came, she reluctantly opened her brilliant blue eyes. A sigh of mild relief escaped her nose. Instead of the odd throneroom she had expected, or even the odd realm of rising dead, she was in the center of a small clearing. It was a start, a step better than the creepy keep but... Is this another trick? she wondered quietly, fighting the chill that such a thought induced. An even more disturbing realization ticked at the back of her mind. Even if it is, there is nothing you can do about it.

A gentle wuff alerted her to Jorven's approach. The stallion's muzzle like whiskered velvet found her palm and snuffled gently, almost as if asking why she still stood so still. What terrified her most about the situation was how quickly it had "ended". "C'mon... We need to get out of here." If someone was controlling what she saw, they would eventually be unable to touch her mind, right? Edreina sprinted across the clearing to where Seb and Manny's horses awaited. Their riders were propped against a tree nearby, snoring soundly.

"Ey!" She cried, kicking Manny and walking over to shake Seb. Bother men woke with a start and a confused look once they took in their surroundings. Confused, muddied eyes turned to their leader seeking clarity and an explanation as to how on earth they had come to rest so neatly against a tree when the last thing they remembered was riding behind her, sharing a dirty joke.

Two hands raised gently and a looking of warning rose into Edreina's blue eyes. Djed, already so close at hand from her earlier use, flowed into her voice and through it her words without a second's pause. "You really do not want to know." She attempted to infuse her words with a sense of weight, impressing their importance upon their minds.

In the end, they looked more confused than ever, but their leader's word was law in the Wilderness. "Do you know from which direction we came?" Seb asked, pulling himself into his bay mare's saddle.

Alas, because of the illusion of earlier, Edreina did not. Lucky for them, Manny was able to find deep horse tracks in the mud at the edge of the clearing. In few words, he described how the shape of them indicated direction, the depth and spacing indicated that they were traveling at a gallop, and that the nearly dried edges of the tracks told him that about a bell had passed. How in the hells he learned all of that from a crescent-Leth shaped mark, Edreina did not entirely fathom. But, it seemed to be a logical enough route to follow.

"We tell no one of what transpired today, alright?" Edreina said quietly as they started to ride, mind still reeling. As nothing sprouted wings or fangs, she drifted deeper into the impression that it had all been within her mind. Again, both mercenaries gave her a queer eye, as if questioning her sanity. "I cannot adequately explain it but... It was odd. I don't think it will put the caravan in danger and my lack of ability to explain properly will only cause unneeded fear."

Seb chewed his thumb thoughtfully, eyeing the young woman. Apparently, she had more iron in her bones than he had suspected. Whatever had happened shook her, leaving her pale-faced and with trembling fingers. And yet, she was willing to carry on as if nothing had happened... Perhaps the Myrian was not choosing her entirely for looks, the old man mused, shaking his head. After a few more chimes of silence, he thought it best to resume whistling the tune that made Manny want to claw his ears out, just for fun.

Edreina
Unbound

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Three Riders

Postby Radiant on November 16th, 2013, 3:11 am

Edreina :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation +3 XP
Socialization +1 XP
Rhetoric +2 XP
Weapon: Whip +2 XP
Riding: Horse +3 XP
Leadership +4 XP
Intimidation +2 XP
Hypnotism +2 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
A Mysterious White Elk
Manny: Young Sellsword
Seb: Experienced Sellsword
An Otherwordly Experience
Alternate Reality: Living Skeletons And Armor
Alternate Reality: Ominous Castle And Clockwork Throne Room
Alternate Reality: My Younger Self As The Castle's Queen

Loots

Notes :
Good thread, Edri! :D :thumbsup: I hope I gave you some pretty unexpected things like you wanted!

My radiance is not bright enough?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, beam me a PM and we can work it out. :)
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Previous