Siku's Solstice [Seasonal Event]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The unassuming den of the Constrictor Dhani, it is truly a pit of snakes. Travelers should take care, because the Dhani are always hungry... [Lore]

Postby Sashisaxani on December 9th, 2013, 9:51 pm

Saxani was amused by Mamoru's audacity though not surprised. Alas, there were some things she liked to keep to herself. Saxani's movements became abrupt, taunting even, as she jerked her body in a double take, to question his own question. "What vices have I," she retorted, "Well, very few if I must be honest. The fire of my spirit was quenched some time ago. If you consider an obsession for the simple and beautiful a vice, then there is that…it's why I don't mind standing here and watching.

"If you'd like to, I can stay at the post while you take a break. I doubt anyone would truly notice, or care for that matter. Siku might be offended if you didn't celebrate with her, in fact. You know she's watching; her eyes are everywhere," said Saxani, with a rather deep and suggestive tone at that. Her eyes panned the crowd, eagerly seeking the priestesses who would usher in the climactic event of the festivities. "Otherwise, I'm quite entertained from here, at peace even." Saxani crossed her arms in defense as she looked at the scene again. It was precious to her that in spite of all the chaos she held at bay with the fellow guards, there was something that remained pure in Zinrah. Even with such bare essentials, the Dhani found a new direction in which to prosper and revel. Were they to take to the open air, who knows what their celebrations could before, or their darkest of triumphs? Still, she was only partially put at ease, and tried to nestle the good feeling in her heart like a baby, gently yet guarding, knowing how easily it could all be swept away.

"By the way," she cut in, "I'm not familiar with your face. You may be young, for all I know, or simply we've never crossed paths – what are the chances – but I do not know you. I am Sashisaxani, daughter of Tsalisashi. You are Mamoru, if I heard correct? Master Mamoru, even?" By her tone, she clearly was teasing him, this master in Zinrah. Master of what exactly, and over whom? Perhaps the Queen would like to meet him, she thought.
Sashisaxani
For Her Glory

Words: 150765
Joined roleplay: May 8th, 2012, 10:19 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Xen on December 16th, 2013, 9:06 am

The ominous presences of the constrictors startled him to a degree. He had never seen the constrictors behave this way, so crazed and starved. Xen felt compelled to reach into his clothing and take a hold of the knife that rested comfortably within. However, the sound of Aka’s voice was what snapped him back to reality, back to reasoning. That’s right, he had Aka with him and she wasn’t in the condition to fight constrictors, no one was at the time. The feeling of pure killing intent washed over Xen, picking at his instincts which were telling him to either fight or flight.

Xen realized he could do neither: once he turns around and notices that he was completely surrounded. A moment of disbelief dawned upon Xen. These dangerous constrictors were amongst the crowds that fluctuated and moved like an open ocean? The viper had stepped on the tail of one of the sharks and now, he was about to face the wrath of these predators. Xen could only brace for the worst, as his mind tormented him with images of himself being cruelly beaten by constrictors—of whom he felt so indebted to. Xen knew that his mind was showing him the possibility of a grim fate and just when he thought it was over for his life and possibly Aka’s…the food came out.

I’m okay. The odds were in our favor today.”

The smell of food called to Xen just as it did to the constrictors. He heard Aka’s stomach grumble and chuckles at the humor that appeared right after an extremely tense moment. The tugging of his clothing has Xen to look down into the scarlet eyes of the viper he was holding.

“I will get you some food, can you stand?”

Xen wasn’t too sure of leaving Aka alone after the behavior the constrictors displayed before. The embraces he felt from her before echoed within his mind, causing a protective and ready nature to surface. Xen would not leave Aka to get food until he was completely sure of the fact that she was capable of standing on her own.

“......”
Xen

Xen
Stygian Serpentis

Words: 390077
Joined roleplay: July 28th, 2012, 12:02 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Soshakuakamamushi on December 18th, 2013, 11:10 am

OOCSaxani retired, so I think we can skip her turn from now on.

"Y-yeah..." The human-form Viper rubbed her arms together. They had just escaped certain death, death by crushing that was. Aka was grateful of Xen's presence, he defended her, whether it was because his own safety or concern, she didn't care. By now, the Viper didn't give much thought whether she was naked or not, her stomach demanded attention. With a grunt, she heaved herself into a standing position by pulling at Xen's arms. She wanted to walk on her own, but he offered her his help instead.

"Uhm..." The Viper wasn't so sure, accepting meant she didn't have to go slithering pass the mass of giants, but that also meant she couldn't choose her food, she would have to trust whatever Xen picked up. Remembering his tastes regarding lizard meat, the female Viper wasn't really fond of his culinary choices. In the end, she decided that the notion of eating lizard meat was worse than getting those food on her own, he would be coming with her anyway, he could protect her. "It'sss okay, let'sss go together." Aka held him close, seeking protection from the male Viper.

She would keep clinging to Xen as they walked to the food stands, trying her best not to bump to any Constrictors. She hoped Xen did his part and not stepping on another tail, their luck wouldn't last for a second time. A female constrictor in Dhani form turned her head at Aka, her slitted eyes facing... not her eyes, but the Viper's crotch which was still aching from the rough treatment by her violator. The female Dhani creepily gave Aka a smile through her serpentine face, she then leaned down and whispered right to the Viper's ear. "What have you been doing, sssmall Sissster? Do you want to do it with me too?"

Aka's eyes widened, why did every female she encountered here treated her as some kind of petch toy? Was it her small-size and build that just screamed to be 'played'? She felt bad, now she understood why she loved Yuki so much. It must be connected on how cute and helpless they looked. Though Aka was far from helpless, she couldn't do anything in this Shrine of the Serpent-Queen, attacking her worshippers was death penalty. "J-jori... l-let'ss go, let'sss jussst go." She desperately tried to ignore the female and tugged at Jori's clothes for them to move faster.

As Aka moved away, The female constrictor licked at Aka's ear before whispering. "Watch your back, Viper..." That gave her a shudder.

When she arrived, the Viper stared hungrily at the pile of meat just waiting to be consumed. She decided to start with some small critters such as the agouti. "Come on~" Pulling Jori, Aka's lithe feet carried her to a large metal platters filled with agouti meat. She picked up a piece of meat with her right hand and ate it, sighing in pleasure at the succulent fresh meat.

"Eat some too, Jori."

"common" | "snake-tongue" | "arumenic" | thoughts

Important Note: Aka is currently pregnant (with eggs, being a Dhani) at the moment and as such, her belly is slightly bulging and she moves noticeably slower than usual.
Soshakuakamamushi
Inferno Viper Queen

Words: 654684
Joined roleplay: June 30th, 2013, 7:14 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Overlored (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Traverse on January 14th, 2014, 5:37 pm

After the first day of festivities things became...a bit hectic. While all were required to attend such auspicious and religious gatherings in the name of the Dhani's patron Goddess, Constrictors had need of sleep just like any other being, perhaps even a bit more of it based on their digestive patterns and reptilian nature. After the food was brought out on the first day and it was then consumed a lull fell over the couple hundred Constrictors and the few vipers that mingled amongst them. Caves adjoining the temple, usually meant for priestesses depending on how devout they were to their studies and prayers, suddenly became occupied by most of the population of Zinrah, that or the snakes chose to rest and digest around statues, upon outcroppings, or simply...on the floor. Some of the musicians were bade to eat, but the music didn't stop, a steady drum beat keeping the few snake's awake a rhythm for dancing and the rest a hypnotic sound to fall asleep to.

Day 2

The only sign that something was happening was the fact the drum beats got louder, more pronounced. Slowly Dhani began to wake, sliding or standing up, wandering back out into the main section of the temple.

A small crowd had already formed around the raised dais on which sacrifices to Siku were given, and there were two upon the alter, one male one female, manacled together and crouching like frightened animals, two Dhani guards on either side of them, tails coiled in anticipation.

A priestess, her scales glinting cobalt in the flickering torchlight began to set up an array of blades and implements upon the stone table, waiting for the full force of Zinrah to arrive before the spectacle began. The things upon the dais, the weaklings were not Myrian, but human, which would explain why they seemed so frail, so scared. Their forms were emaciated, which suggested they had been held for some time in preparation for the Solstice, and now the big day was upon them...despite the fact that these humans were merely an appetizer of things to come...
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Soshakuakamamushi on February 25th, 2014, 3:25 pm

Aka enjoyed the feast, tasting all kinds of exotic meat, she ate until her Dhani belly was full, drowning her frustrations. After that, she joined together with her Viper brethren, sleeping amongst them as she lay curled up on the ground, drifting off into the dreamscapes. With that, the first day was over.

Aka woke up along with the others, the festival wasn't over yet. She would have to endure this, while most of the Dhani gave their prayers to Siku or Caiyha, Aka worshiped Ivak, in her mind of course, she could be seen as a heretic if found out. God of Flames, I know you can hear me, please give me strength so that my fire may never flicker even as I stand in another god's temple. Siku was the mother of the Dhani race, but that didn't mean she had to worship her. If the Serpent-Queen never cared for her, why should she? She nodded in affirmation then walked to the main hall, still in human form though she managed to acquire a simple black cloak covering her small body from one of the Vipers.

It seemed they would show her live sacrifices, two humans, shackled like cattle, Aka sighed in relief at knowing the human female was not Yuki. Truth to be told, she felt a pang of sympathy for the sacrifices, but other than that, she shrugged it off. It was their foolishness to be caught by the Dhani as Dhani didn't actively search for captives, even if they were, it was usually Myrians, not humans. These two must somehow get themselves lost in the jungle, well, they would either be eaten by Myrians, eaten by Predators, or eaten by Dhani. This was a jungle, only the strong survived, Yuki had been lucky she was the one who found her. Thinking about it, she was lucky as well, Mamoru decided to take her in instead of leaving her alone in the jungle. Well, thank you, Master. She wouldn't admit it outloud, but Aka was thankful for his presence.

Her natural Dhani instinct flared when she saw the array of blades and the humans' horrified expressions. Like most children of Siku, Aka had sadistic urges, but due to traveling for years with a stoic Nuit, she didn't get much... chance to indulge in it. Just this time, she allowed it to manifest fully, absently licking her lips in anticipation, This is going to be good...

Important Note: Aka is currently pregnant (with eggs, being a Dhani) at the moment and as such, her belly is slightly bulging and she moves noticeably slower than usual.
Soshakuakamamushi
Inferno Viper Queen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Xen on February 28th, 2014, 4:54 am

This place is awesome!

The first day was exciting! Xen almost fought crazed constrictors, held Aka in his arms and now he was eating exotic sorts of everything—awww yea. Xen wasn’t paying attention as he should have been, he was busy eating since, he doesn’t know or remember just eating was what he’d been doing lately. A long day worth of exercise was ahead for Xen, he’d eaten so much meat—why didn’t he explode by now?

Xen lazily placed his back against the wall and enjoyed the view. He needed to digest his food, so that he could eat some more food later: a plan Xen saw no flaws in! The loud drums that boomed in Xen’s ears were annoying but he figured he would gradually get used to them. Xen watched as young constrictors slithered pass him with their mother following closely behind them. Xen grins at the youngsters, he remembers the days when he was a hatchling, wandering the land with his father and mother.

Xen was sure those guys were probably living it up somewhere nice and quiet, if only they could see how much he’d grown. Xen waited for the crowd to reform while he reminisced about the old days with his family. There was already a crowd present but not as large as the crowd that was present before—he was barely able to move around back then. Xen notices the beautiful priestess walking across the stage and gazes in admiration.

He too would become more than just Xen: The Viper Dhani someday, he just needed to become stronger and more focused. Xen wanted to go on big adventures and meet exotic beings and creatures but he’d have to settle for the little things…for now.

Xen’s eyes widened at the sight of seeing two humans on stage: a sight that made him worry about another human he knew of. Xen grew concerned about Yuki, was she captured to? He couldn’t watch the large human sacrifices, he liked humans: especially small ones. It was hard to watch them cower better the reptilian masses—their deaths would not be quick. Xen clenched his hands into fists, he hated his current state of power…he hated being weak. There were probably many people out there that needed help yet he was lingering in the world, doing nothing to help.

Xen

Xen
Stygian Serpentis

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Traverse on March 13th, 2014, 2:44 pm

The beat of the drums sped up to a furious crescendo, ending in an ear splitting bang that then commenced a strained silence.

Whimpers echoed across the stone halls, one human seemingly too scared to speak, the other murmuring prayers, pleas, and curses. The priestess's smile glittered in the torchlight as she raised a wickedly curved blade up in the air.

By this time the serpents woke, slithering over smooth marble to see what was happening. As she raised her scaled arm a cry for blood went up with it. When she lowered the blade suddenly, there was silence again. Her massive maw opened, voice reaching out across the stone.

"My sistersss, my brothersss. High to low we all gather to bassk in Sssiku's glory today, our mother'sss glory. Thisss blood is for her, for you, for the betterment of our race, a ssymbol of our devotion, our sstrength, our persserverance."

She let her words ring out for a moment, her audience rapt, turning to the pathetic humans whimpering and cowering before her.

"And thisss my bretheren? Thisss is jusssst the appetizer." A few chuckled hissses were met with her little joke, but suddenly her blade was in the air again and everyone was silent once more. The preistess looked into the eyes of the silent female, chained back to back to the whimpering male, and stuck her curved blade deep into her chest. Blood splattered across pristine floors, a howling scream reaching up into the vaulted ceiling as the sound of tearing flesh reached the front rows of Dhani. The blade was sharp enough to saw through bone, and saw she did, agonizing screams from both parties reaching out.

One clawed hand reached into the chest cavity of the woman and ripped out her heart, warm and gushing, holding it up triumphantly for the hungry crowds, whose cries and hisses drowned out the sounds of a dying woman and her blood spattered companion. The priestess ate the heart in one gulp, then set about to cutting up the male, lifting the two bodies, one now lifeless onto the sacrificial alter where blood soon filled the curved stone.

The drums began again in earnest.
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Office
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Soshakuakamamushi on March 25th, 2014, 6:37 am

The furious beat of drums only goaded the Viper's gnosis-fueled hot blood further, her grin grew wider as her right hand raised to her lips, absently brushing it as her slitted eyes watched the priestess lowered the blade, then began her booming speech. Siku huh... my Mother... Aka knew in her heart that no matter how many times she tried to deny it, the Serpent-Queen would always be the one who created her and all other Dhani, without Siku, she wouldn't even exist in the first place. This sent the Viper into a thought, if Siku was her mother, then why the Serpent-Queen never marked her like so many of her siblings, it should be her birthright, shouldn't it? Perhaps Siku herself would appear before them today, she would dare herself to ask her a question. For now, Aka was enjoying the pathetic look on those live sacrifices.

Interesting, so these two humans were just the 'appetizer', many more should come. Oh how she indulged in those frightful whimpers and sobs, the Viper's scarlet slits widened in glee as the Priestess plunged her blade deep into her chest, the woman's wail was like music to her ears. Yes, this was how humans should be treated, as pets, as slaves, and as food. Aka wasn't fond of eating her slaves, she preferred them to be her dolls instead, acting as a decoration, but she couldn't deny how satisfying it would feel to consume the flesh and blood of those tender creatures. After spending seasons with her cousins, the decade-long repression of her Dhani urges finally came forth, she wouldn't hesitate to consume the flesh of humans if she deemed them unfitting to be her slave.

The sight of beating heart made the Viper licked her lips, her right hand still brushing her lips, Aka made a brief look of disappointment when the Priestess consumed the heart in one gulp, these cousins of hers had no tact, meals should be savored, not just consumed in one wasteful swallow, but she shouldn't expect much from her brutish siblings. The male was still alive, the Viper watched in earnest, her urges couldn't be held back, she nimbly slithered her body towards the front so she could receive the tantalizing crimson pray. Now with her position just in front of the altar, along with some of her cousins, Aka looked up with a wide opened grin, revealing her white teeth along her protruded fangs. Dhani were always hungry and Aka was no exception, she could always stomach another session of feast.

Soshakuakamamushi
Inferno Viper Queen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Xen on March 27th, 2014, 5:16 am

Xen felt bile rise up to his throat and chokes upon seeing the two human’s murder. This was not what he wanted to protect. Xen clinches his fist tightly but his disgust and sadness was well hidden: behind an impassive expression. Xen, he did not avert his gaze from the horrific scene, it was destined for him to witness these sorts of things and learn from them. However, as a breath of air escapes his mouth, Xen could not help but feel sympathy for the two big humans. He was not as heartless and merciless as those of his race were. Xen saw every basic action he followed, as a part of his instincts. But this…this was not the path he wished to follow, nor apart of the instincts that compelled him through this life.

“I pray that you find peace in your next lives, humans.”

Xen spoke within the privacy of his mind and clasps his hands together in prayer, showing the departure human souls, if they were watching, there was one viper seeing them off in their journey. Xen could imagine what he would have done if Yuki, or someone else he knew was up there on the stand, waiting for their death to come. Xen, he expressed a stern expression, knowing that he would have tried to save his friends and would hope that Siku or some god would smile upon his courage and purity of heart and lend him their strength.

Although, his hunger was sated—Xen could not help but feel empty inside. He covers his eyes with his right hand and rubs them. Xen could feel his eyes becoming hazy and watery. However, no matter how hard he tried to contain his tears, one fell and lands on the cold floor. He felt terrible and regretted his decision on coming. Despite his pain, Xen did not wish to disgrace his mother goddess, Siku. But his will to strive after rightfulness was strong and his empathy towards others was even stronger.
Xen

Xen
Stygian Serpentis

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Traverse on March 31st, 2014, 1:20 am

Xen:

"You feel sssympathy for thosse creaturess." The voice slid over Xen's right shoulder, and suddenly a massive female Dhani coiled herself around him. Her scales were nearly black, glinting the deepest of greens in the light of the torches and blazing fires that lit the temple. Stark bright green diamond patterns stood out upon her head and down her back, and venomous green eyes seemed to grab Xen's soul.

"If they were sstrong they would not have been captured. If they were worthy they would not possess such frail and short lived formsss. If they were worth basssking in our glory, they would be our ssslavesss and not dying for our pleasssure. Tell me thisss is not ssso male." A clawed hand gripped him, surprisingly gently though the tips of sharp nails pricked his flesh, waiting on a response.

Aka:

The Viper found herself surrounded by other superbly eager Dhani, a faint spattering of blood already covering their dark scales, tongues licking away bits of flesh as the dead female was cut up and thrown out into the crowd.

The male, would not gain a quick death like his companion. Shackled to the dais on which so many other bodies had met their end, the Priestess cut into him slowly, drawing out pained screams accented by the drums. Hissses of pleasure echoed around the temple, Dhani bodies sliding and coiling aorund each other. The event always heightened emotions, and Aka found herself the attention of a dun colored male Constrictor, his eyes the color of Syna. His tail coiled around feet, tip brushing againt her torso, body moving close to her as a finger wiped away a bit of blood upon her pale nose.

"You are the Reimancer, the sstrong one of flamess, you have killed many Myriansss sssisster, you ssshould be proud of what you've done for Zinrah." And perhaps he thought he would show her how proud she should be...
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Office
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

PreviousNext