If You Can Meet With Triumph And Disaster... [Vanator]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Raiha on November 18th, 2010, 12:54 am

The affirmation made her nod and smile slightly. He was getting there… he would understand it yet. But at the same time… she knew that he had to take from it what he would, and to find his own interpretations in what she had to say. But on the whole, she found that people were a manipulative bunch. It was in their very natures. Friends could be made, only to turn around and abandon you when it no longer suited their purpose to treat you as an ally. Betrayal was a bitter herb to chew. He’d find that in times to come, if he hadn’t yet. One never knew, especially with the world they lived in… but still… still. “While you’ve made friends and allies… and that’s all well and good… understand that when push comes to shove… the only one you can trust absolutely is you. Nurture strength in yourself… in your spirit… to shield yourself when misfortune comes. But do not distress yourself unduly with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.” She was quiet for a moment, pausing, though she clearly had more to say. Maybe she was just trying to figure out how best to phrase it. “You know… with all of its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams…it is still a beautiful world. Be yourself… and strive to be happy.”

She listened as he pondered, quiet and unhurrying, letting him work it out for himself. That was important – that he make his own connections and draw his own conclusions. She had thought of telling him what had happened to Kavala, what had helped shape her into who she was now, and why she was so different from the way he remembered her. But at the same time… it was not her story to share. If the Konti had wanted him to know, she would have told him. And Kavala had not looked to be in her normal state of mind when she had come to get Raiha. That alone was enough to tell the young Akalak not to talk about it. Kavala would tell him when the time was right to do so… and that time would be when Kavala was ready.

“We all need friends in this world,” she agreed slowly. “Yet time is never still. It’s like the water,” she looked out over the sea. “It’s always changing, always fluid. Just because you step into the river once does not mean it will be the same river when you come back to it… the current changes, and what it brings with it changes as well. The ocean down there below… every wave looks the same, doesn’t it? But its composition is different. People are the same way. They are always changing.” But his realization… the need to embrace the present… and what they were now instead of what they use to be earned him a nod and an actual smile that was almost radiant, like a mother watching a child accomplish something particularly tricky for the first time. “Memories are both a blessing and a curse. We compare what things used to be to what they are now, for better or for worse. For better, because we can see how we’ve grown. For worse, because we become enamored of what we had… and feel bitterness about what we have lost while they have grown. We hope for the future… but we reach for the past, seeking the familiar in our memories. Kavala is changing, and you, too, have changed… though we never see it in ourselves that we have. We see it in each other, but neither of us sees just how truly profound it is the way another will, especially when you haven’t seen each other for a time.”

When he gave her a way out, Raiha considered her course of action. Kavala needed Hatot, yes… But at the same time, Kavala had Akela there with her. She could wait a few more chimes yet, surely… because Raiha had a question of her own. As naturally as breathing, Raiha focused on the wellspring that was her own djed, and brought it to her eyes to look and see beyond what she could without it. Just as she had thought, the lines of djed that had spanned over the Sea of Grass were not here. She hadn’t seen it out here before, and she hadn’t expected to see it now, but she hadn’t been able to resist checking anyway with her Auristics. “May I be permitted to ask you a question?” She brought her gaze back to him, her gold eyes honestly curious as she took a chance that he might know what she was talking about… and further, if he did, might be, just might be, willing to tell her. Vanator had his own aura, giving her hints to his age. He, like his sisters, was older than she was. Lingering sadness. Awareness. Discovery? Realization! It was difficult to try to pick up emotions and feelings – she was still learning at Auristics, and since she had left her teacher in Mura and hadn’t sought another, it was slow going, learning what to pick out and what it meant. “You are Drykas… and have lived in the Sea of Grass all of your life, yes? When I was traveling to Riverfall… I saw the djed-paths over the plains from the coast. I have heard of a ‘web’ in Cyphrus. Do you know what they mean by that? What purpose does it serve?”
The first rule of Akajia is you do not talk about Akajia.
Raiha
Raiha Shadowplayer

Words: 492991
Joined roleplay: February 6th, 2010, 4:07 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Vanator on November 24th, 2010, 6:58 pm

Raiha made no move to leave. She continued to speak, Vanator pleased that she chose to remain on the shore a while longer. His hand continued to caress the buckskin Strider's strong neck as the Akontak continued to pour her insight into the Drkyas man. His gaze drifted again to the endless waves. Things were changing, people were changing, just as Raiha said. "I cannot define who I am, and who those are in my life from a static place in time, can I?" He expressed, as if testing a teacher to see if he had grasped some lesson. "I have to expect change. But there is always something there that makes us.....us." Vanator chuckled. "That sounded intelligent and profound, didnt it!" He joked at himself. But he knew the strange woman was right. Perhaps Kav and he just needed time.

At the unexpected inquiry about the Web, Vanator turned from the sea back to Raiha. The Web was not secret, but it was sacred. The Drykas were reluctant to discuss their precious djed network with outsiders, always suspicious of the intentions of foreigners. The horseman was somewhat startled to hear that the Aknontak could see the webbing, wondering if all of Raiha's insight was purely wisdom, or if she plied other, magical arts to read him. Vanator eyed her for a moment, a hint of suspicion in his glance. Nothing she had said or done, or even his gut, indicated Raiha was anything but honest and sincere and benevolent. Still, he decided to proceed with caution.

"Yes, I know of the Web." He spoke cautiously. "It criss-crosses Cyphrus, spun of djed and first woven before the Valterrian. It ties us to the land and to each other." He paused, eyeing the Akontak. He wondered if his answer was adequate, already knowing that, for the intelligent and curious girl, it would not suffice.
Vanator
There is fire shut up in my bones.

Words: 940033
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2010, 1:16 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Raiha on February 2nd, 2011, 2:52 am

She smiled at him when he chuckled. "The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement… but the opposite of a profound statement can be another profound statement. Even the simplest things can be profound. They…" she had to try to pick out the right word in Common again, pausing a moment, "res…? ... mean… different things to different people. One of the wisest people I know told me this, once… 'Losing an illusion makes you wiser than finding the truth,'" her smile broadened. "We were children when she told me that. And she was right."

…I told you that, Kanikra said flatly after a moment.

I know you did.

Then why… Hn.

Raiha was going to cherish that little victory.

She watched him as the colors of his aura changed with his reaction to her questions, as she tried to decipher what he thought of it in other ways than trying to understand his face and body and voice. She could see that the question had raised some sort of guard - had she stumbled on something that the Grasslanders liked unspoken? She listened intently to his explanation, however short, but found it informative nonetheless - she would have something else to add to her notebook, perhaps. Perhaps she could ask Kavala more about it. Djed that tied them to the land and to each other… "Like a spider's web? That would be good to have at Sanctuary. Does it work the same way, so that one knows, like the spider, when something stumbles onto the web?" the Akontak was not entirely able to hide the almost childlike pleasure at being told about this, though she managed to recover and get herself under control. This didn't seem like a topic that would serve her any good to press him on.

Ask him anyway, Kanikra's own interest had been piqued. Go on.

"I'm sorry. My curiosity got away from me… I shouldn't pry," she apologized with an incline of her head, composed once more, before raising her gaze to the sky as Uzima made a shrill sound at her. "I only wondered. I've heard about it, and I saw it when I was traveling to Riverfall… and I didn't know what purpose it served, or how one would use or manipulate it. But it looks beautiful," she looked back at him again. "We can not talk about it if you would rather." She hoped he would, but his secrets were his to share if he wanted to.
Raiha
Raiha Shadowplayer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Vanator on February 9th, 2011, 1:59 pm

For a long moment, silence fell between the Akontak and Drykas, the void filled by the roar of the surf and the wind, and the cry of her falcon overhead. Raiha had become a welcomed distraction from the angst Vanator wrestled after his confrontation with his sisters, and then his wife. The tall, azure-skinned woman had offered not only wise counsel and particular insight, but a willing ear as well. Now, she asked something of him. The horseman watched Raiha as she studied him, for that was, from the curious look and bearing of her features, what she appeared to be doing. As if seeming to reach some unpsoken conclusion, the Akontak pursued her inquiry.

Vanator paused a moment as she posed further questions about the Web. They were not terribly revealing, and the answers not totally uncommon knowledge outside of Cyphrus. A slight smile crossed his face as he detected a child-like curiosity in the timbre of the exotic woman's voice. But his own curiosity was bumped when she again mentioned seeing the Web herself. Raiha had some skill or talent that reached beyond the physical world, much like Hex had. "It's alright, we can talk about it." He would discuss it to a certain degree, he had decided, but he would be cautious, the stranger must not learn how to access the Web...it was the law. "Yes, it is something like a spider's web. Those who can access it can detect when something has crossed its strands. Webbers can create small webs around buildings or camps as a form of security, to detect those who come or go. But we use it find others tied to the Web, or even communicate with others who can walk the Web." His eyes narrowed a bit soberly. "But traveling the Web is strictly forbidden to outsiders, as is teaching it to anyone not of our own people."
Vanator

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Raiha on March 23rd, 2011, 1:23 am

Raiha listened attentively, her eyes seemingly locked on his face as he explained the answers to her questions and elaborated. This was incredible. She had known that the uses of Djed were wide and varied, but she hadn’t imagined that they could be used like this. This was a brilliant way of communicating, of traveling, or protecting oneself and their people. And considering how big the Sea of Grass was… her eyes widened ever so slightly, her nostrils flaring as she pondered the possibilities, her brain working at a thousand miles a minute. Was it limitless? Did it stretch over the web? Was it something one could do even just as a novice, or did the length of the distance one traveled become less of a factor as one’s skill progressed? All good questions, Kanikra agreed, but if you don’t ask them, they become useless. Ask!

It’s a matter of asking properly. These are very personal secrets that aren’t just freely given, you know. He could get in a lot of trouble over this. She nodded gravely, interpreting his last words as not to even bother asking about being taught. But as Kanikra would say, there was more than one way to skin a rabbit. She would just have to be very, very careful about it. “When you watch the web… or travel it… what limits how far you can go? Is it much faster to travel the web than by horseback?” No sooner had she asked these questions did they lead to others, ringing in mind the warning she had from studying. There were always reactions to using Djed. Morphing could lead to a complete and permanent disfigurement. Auristics could lead to blindness, to say the least. Hypnotism could lead to insanity. With this web-magic… “All forms of magic have risks and consequences of using them… Has anyone ever gotten stuck on the web? Or lost their minds to it?” No sooner had the words left her mouth than she realized she may have just said that as a mistake – magic, after all, was not widely accepted or appreciated in Mizahar, even if they were candidly talking about one form of it now.
Raiha
Raiha Shadowplayer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Vanator on March 23rd, 2011, 5:52 pm

Raiha was exotic and her appearance unprecedented in Vanator's experiences. But he was an observant man, and even in the Akontak's curious blue features and bright golden eyes he could see her focus narrow. Her inquiry about the Web was funneling carefully down to more details. As she asked about traveling the Web, the Drykas turned again to look out across the open sea, a gust of ocean breeze tugging at the small braids that framed his face. His arms crossed over his broad chest and a slight scowl crept over his face. Then the woman mentioned magic and its risks. It was not that the horseman feared the use of magic, himself familiar with use of djed for the purpose of webbing, though he never numbered himself amonst sorcerers and magicians. Reimancy and glyphing were practiced commonly among the Drykas, though Vanator himself was not familiar with their use. Hex had used magic, able to read some unseen force around people, divine magic she channeled too, to heal his wounds. Even Kashik had been touched by Zulrav to influence the air. Surely Kavala too studied such arts in Mura.

But Vanator did not understand the various kinds of magic, only hearing tales and stories of the misuse of djed and the forms of magic one does not see often among the horseclans. Therefore, he bore some suspicion of outsiders who wielded magic. The grasslander turned back towards Raiha. His head tilted slightly, as if weighing something as he looked at her. She seemed to be a woman who was both simple and complex. A her attractive appearance seemed to be the unique blending of the beautiful Konti and Akalak races. Her persona was both profound in depth, wisdom and curiosity; presented in a refreshingly uncomplicated, unassuming way. And he was almost certain she knew some form of magic. But Raiha had proven herself friendly at a time he was alone and distressed and needed a friend, even though she had just met him.

Van lowered his arms, lfiting one to stroke Backlash as she drew close. The Strider's big brown eye studied him, as if curious about the conversation. The Drykas met Raiha's disarming gaze again. "Traveling the web is not only about moving from one place to another, but also sending and receiving signals and messages. The distance with which a webber travel or communicate depends mostly on amount of skill they possess. And yes, there is danger in webbing. But it is a bit different that what one may suffer from other arts. It is called overextension. The lure of the web is strong and dangerous." The Drykas' gaze glazed over a bit, as if he no longer saw the Akontak, but viewed something distant and wonderful. "One can become lost traveling the vast Web, there are beautiful things to behold. One can speak to those who have passed on before. There is no physical restriction, no limit to movement. The Web is alluring and many find themselves addicted to it. Many have lost themselves in the strands of the Web, never to return." Vanator's father had warned him sternly and repeatedly about overextension and the dangers of walking the Web. Since then he had only entered the Web on occasion as necessary. He feared the temptation to find Tamar's essence, or to go looking for Kavala and Akela after they had left, would prove too much to resist and he would risk losing himself.

The Drykas man's eyes lingered on the Akontak, watching her reaction, gauging her intent.
Vanator

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Raiha on May 15th, 2011, 2:36 pm

Raiha listened with rapt attention, nodding slowly at his words as she repeated them to her sister-soul in her head, trying to commit them to memory so that she could write them in her book. Her gaze flickered once from his face, and that was to glance at the approaching horse, only to go back to Vanator as he went into more detail than she could ever have hoped for on Webbing. She appreciated what the man was telling her – more than she could have put into words, really. For all that Raiha may have only settled with books at night and on horrible wretched weather, she had a true thirst for knowledge. A tiny part of her wondered how old he was – he was older than Kavala, that much was certain, but that could have been any age. He was young, she was sure, but at the same time, life had damaged something. She could see it in the lines of his face, in the way he carried himself, in his eyes. It went deeper than what they had discussed about Kavala and what had gone on today. There was more. There always was. Perhaps one day, she would know.

She was relieved, though, that he did not seem unduly, or outwardly, put off when she betrayed her knowledge of the arcane arts. Some would… and Raiha certainly wouldn’t blame them. She understood that many blamed those arts for the Valterrian, and they were certainly responsible for the many horrors and devastating accidents created by mages that had gone insane, mages that had simply lost control of what they were doing… and of themselves. Even when practiced with caution, magic could get out of control quickly and unexpectedly. And even though she was careful, not that there was much to worry about, not yet… not many had that sort of discipline to control themselves against the sweet whispers.

As he talked, as if on instinct, the Akontak raised her gauntlet-covered arm, not even looking up as the goshawk screamed overhead, her wings cutting through the gusts of air to alight on the proffered leather perch, gripping it and settling once more, and Raiha drew her arm in as the winds picked up, pulling at their hair and clothes, and the waves pounded even harder against the shore. This made sense, all of it did. The idea of being lost on the web, though… she shook her head slightly at the idea of it, her lips parted slightly with horror. That… was well and truly a fate worse than death. That was as dire a warning as she could have imagined when it came to the risks of Webbing, and it seemed enough to dissuade her from further lines of questioning. Perhaps that was enough for her. She didn’t look like one who would take such a statement lightly, and it was clear enough that such risks, even considering the rewards from knowing the magic, had she ever found someone to teach her, presented a strong case for leaving that one unlearned. It seemed to be something the Drykas would not share. She would sit on it and think about it. If, after long reflection, it was still something she desired to learn, she would talk to Kavala about it.

“I thank you,” Raiha lowered her head to him. “You have told me everything I wanted to know, and more. Thank you for entrusting me with your secrets. I promise you that I will not repeat them.” She raised her head and smiled at him. She wondered if he was a Web-walker, but that was a question that was going to go unasked. He knew a lot about it, but maybe that was par for the course… She simply did not know with the Drykas – it was a completely different culture that had its own insider information. But she did know that they treasured their horses. “She loves you,” she inclined her head at his mare. “Plain as the sun in the sky… she loves you, and would go to the ends of Mizahar for you. Have you had her long?”
Raiha
Raiha Shadowplayer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Vanator on May 23rd, 2011, 5:16 pm

Vanator Watched with interest as the raptor returned to light upon Raiha's guantleted arm, who recieved the bird as casually as if it had been a dog that settled at her feet. The Drykas admired again the goshawk's beauty, the power in its legs, the curve of its sharp talons and beak, the intensity of its stare. Someone had once compared his father to such a noble beast. he hoped one day he would be worthy of such comparison.

The man nodded at the Akontak's expression of gratitude. He had not intended to reveal as much about the nature of the Web, but the woman had a charismatic presence, one that seemed innocuous and innocent. After facing the searing words of his sister's and the rage of his bride, Raiha was like shade from the heat of the sun, and Vanator opened up to her in a place where he had no one else to turn to.

The conversation turned to Backlash, and Van raised both hands to caress the Strider's head and neck. "Yes, I believe she does. She has been my faithful companion, my deliverer from danger, my guardian and my friend." His words were soft and rich, as if he spoke of a human lover. "We have been together for about three years now I think." His head turned to Raiha, giving her a slight grin before turning back to the mare. "It is said that the spirit of those we have lost, those tied to the Web, sometimes inhabit our Striders. I have always believed that within Backlash dwelt someone I knew, but I have no idea who." The man nuzzled the horse again. The scent of the horse filled his nostrils, momentarily displacing the smell of salt air. Indeed, Backlash had carried him to the Watchtower, the last time he would visit the structure as a ritual to the memory of Tamar. The strider carried him to the front door of Din and whisked him away with a horde of Zith in pursuit. She had carried both he and Hex from Din to Endrykas without complaint, had allowed Pygmy to ride her, and watched with a snicker as he flattened the grass with Kashik the day they met. In fact, Backlash had witnessed most of the man's follies, and saved him a time or two from them.

But the exotic woman standing nearby soon drew his attention again. He studied her as the sea breeze tugged at her shock of long pale hair. Compared to her stature, her beauty, the vibrant color in everything about her, and the mystery that enshrouded her, the Drykas felt rather mundane and ordinary. He tucked a thumb into his belt, near the hand ax thrust through it, and turned to face her. The man was enjoying the distraction by the sea, and was not going back to Kashik until she had time to settle herself. The Drykas was not sure if he would ever return to see Kavala. So he took a step towards the tall blue-skinned woman. "Raiha, you have asked many questions and offered some advice for which I am grateful. I also believe you know more of me than what I have told you, though I don't know by what means you have discerned it. By the way, I am a web-walker, if you were curious. I have spoken to you of my magic. Now, in due respect, I ask you about yours." Vanator's grin widened with a slight, wry twist. He did not wish to offend Raiha, for she had shown him kindness when he was in need of it. But the Akontak was too unusal, too appealing, of too much interest to let slip away without a closer look.
Vanator

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Raiha on June 12th, 2011, 7:12 pm

Raiha listened to the way he spoke of his horse, and it made her smile. This was a subject that was near and dear to his heart… that much was clear. Perhaps one day, before he and his bride left Riverfall for the Grasslands, she would show him Yakini and see what he thought of her mare. He was Drykas, and he knew horses... and for that reason, she couldn’t help but wonder what pronouncement he’d make on the lanky Firemane. She eyed Backlash as Vanator explained that he thought she might be someone he knew… so those caught or tied to the web stayed within it, and could be reincarnated as horses. That in itself was fascinating, and she filed it away with all that she had learned about him, the Drykas, and the Web so far today. If she ever stopped to think about it, the sheer bulk of the accumulation might have surprised her.

When he stepped towards her, she extended her long arm upon which the goshawk was perched in his direction, offering silently if he would like to touch the bird, showing him how to do so with gentle fingers along Uzima's nape and back while the bird watched him and Raiha's hand with an unblinking gaze. If his observation startled her, she didn't show it. Raiha wasn't at all surprised - she had said more than enough for any intelligent person to put the clues together, and Vanator, she could tell, was certainly intelligent. She inclined her head in agreement to his words, meeting his grin with a smile of her own that brightened her almost luminescent eyes. "I am a novice Aurist," Raiha admitted. "Auristics is a type of personal magic, unlike your Web-walking, which is a world magic," the Akontak began, knowing that she may get a bit long-winded and hoping she could manage to get her point across without too much useless information. "Basically, I look at auras. I want to hear them, smell them, feel them... but for now, I only see them. Everything has an aura. Do you know what Djed is?" Her finger caressed the side of Uzima's beak. "Djed is what makes us us. It is a part of everything and everyone, and that Djed gives off an aura... which is what Aurists look at."

There was a sudden focus in her expression as Raiha brought the auras to life once more, looking at his, at the horses, at Uzima's, watching them shift and dance. "By concentrating, you can bring your own Djed to your senses... in my case, my eyes, and in turn, it shows me the auras that I can see. I can see your aura, and that of your horse and Uzima's and my own, the auras of the grass and the sand and the water. Everything has an aura, and through Auristics, I can see each of them. But what one can learn from seeing them depends on the Aurist's skill. My skills are basic, only mediocre at best, truly told, because magic is something that I think requires responsibility." Her features relaxed, but her gaze seemed far off, even though she was looking at him, it was like she was looking through him. "Me, I can search an aura to try to determine something's age or other physical attri... properties," she had to put in a word she could say when she couldn't quite get 'attributes' proper, "maybe a hint of what they're feeling. It shows trails to say that Ghosts have been around, and it shows magical activity. That was how I was able to see the web when I came down the Suvan Sea last season from Syliras to Mura. I thought it was beautiful, so broad and spanning... but I had no idea what it was used for, and how one could access it."

"More practiced Aurists can discern more complex emotions. I can try to recognize and read basic ones. But I see pain. Pain is easy to recognize, straightforward," her unsettling gaze rested on his. "That I see and understand. Like if Uzima landed wrong and injured her wing, using Auristics, I would be able to see that physical pain, and know where to concentrate my treatment of it there." She took a breath, then, and paused. "The causes, and everything else, I cannot decipher. That I can only guess at, for I did not see what happened between you and your sisters, and no magic ever made could possibly tell me that. Nor would I want to - people are entitled to their privacy, and I prefer to try to respect it," she smiled, her gaze relaxing. "Does that make more sense? I have other types of magic that I would like to learn, but all things in time. I have not yet been initiated into any others, though I should... Akontaks take to the magical disciplines like a hawk to the sky. But all things in time."
Raiha
Raiha Shadowplayer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Vanator on June 21st, 2011, 5:40 pm

The Akontak appeared young, or so Vanator assumed she was If she were anything like his konti sisters, she could be as old as he and still appear young. Her exotic nature made it difficult to tell. No matter her age, Raiha was a wise and kind soul, or so that side of her was. Vanator had no inkling Akontak's inherited their father's split personalities.

The drykas smiled when, with a small gesture of her arm, the woman invited him to caress the hawk that had drawn his attention, demonstrating without words the proper technique. Slowly, Vanator raised his hand, gently letting the back of it glide down the back of the raptor's head and back. It felt delicate and strong at once. It made him think of Kavala, how she could be both the quiet sister he had known, and the strong willed woman he had just met. Yet, in the goshawk, the two worked naturally to create a beautiful creature. Maybe he needed to rethink is view on his sister.

Raiha shared frankly her magic, it sounded familiar. She spoke of aura's and djed. These were things he knew something about. "I had a friend that could read auras. She was a bit...weird." Hex was strange, but he had loved her, had almost chosen the half-chaktawe over Kashik. He had not seen her since the day he told her he was marrying the drykas woman. "Not that I think you are ...weird." He added sincerely.

"I know of djed. It is what we use to weave the strands of our webs. It is what our reimancers use to create water."
Van lowered his hand from the bird, returning it to rest on his hip. He heard Hiloha snort a ways off, and turned a moment to check on his bride's horse. Seeing he fed well on the tough beach grasses, he turned his attention back to Raiha, locked again by her bright, luminous eyes and her candid revelation on auristics. He nodded, showing a comprehension of her words.

"Hex used to chase ghosts with her magic, I was never particularly fond of that." The man laughed, then quieted back to a smile. "Raiha, you say you can see my aura. I am not naive enough to believe you have not examined it. What do you see? Be honest, you have nothing to lose with me."
Vanator

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

PreviousNext