Completed [Lakeshore] Escaping The Noise

Kit and Ari take a few days to escape the city, only to find their fates tangled with Kaie's

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

[Lakeshore] Escaping The Noise

Postby Kaie on November 4th, 2013, 12:23 am

Just as Kaie was finishing her trap, Ria asked her a question Kaie assumed everyone knew. She wasn't offended by the woman's lack of knowledge, but she was a bit confused considering Nyka was far closer to Ravok than Taloba. How was it she had heard the stories in a place so far away, and Ria was spared of them all? Kaie did have to note a big portion of the tale did take place in Taloba, though, which might've had something to do with it. And then she was commenting about sorcery.

How it was "a pain trying to keep track of them all." That little bit caught the Myrian's attention. Previous to her travels, Kaie had known only Malediction to exist. Now men were starting fire with nothing but their own flesh, and that wasn't all she had to worry about? It certainly put the woman on the defensive. That's when Vanari interjected with her own experiences, ending with a few questions of her own. At least the two inquiries overlapped at one point.

"Very funny. What was he like? I don't know. He wasn't really a big guy. Lithe figure, brown, short, shaggy hair. Brown eyes. Watched him reach down and just pluck fish from a brook. At first I wrote it off as some kind of cunning. Now if you would give me a chime..." She trailed off while seeming to have been looking through her audience, speaking from memory more than anything else. After a moment of thought, however, Kaie returned to the present. There was another question for her to answer. One she could rant about for eons if given the chance. She'd do her best to condense her story as well as her emotions.

Kaie inhaled as she returned to her feet, propping the squirrel pole up as she did. She exhaled just as deeply, walking outside the invisible perimeter of their camp. After several paces she found a tree with enough signs of activity around it to place her trap. After leaning the pole up the trunk into a higher branch, Kaie headed back to the fire. She ran a hand down her face to compose herself before she finally began.
"Alright. I guess it's most fitting to start at the beginning," She stated rather obviously as she knelt beside the fire and peered into the flames.

"Before Blessed Myri, there was another that ruled warfare. A god named Ruros. Soon a young woman, Myri the Merciless, began receiving more notoriety with every battle won, and gaining a whole race of followers with it. We began to call her Goddess Queen of the jungle. Ruros was jealous, and when Myri denied her his hand in marriage, they battled. Myri won and rose to become the Goddess of War and Victory," She explained seemingly only to the flames in a calm, serene voice of a warrior whose mind was imprinted with such stories. So many times had she strolled along the streets of Taloba, listening to her mother recount every triumph of their Queen. But that was the prologue necessary to answer their question. Now came the present information they sought.

Kaie's eyes flicked up, now smoldering in darkness ruled by a deep hatred only a Myrian could truly understand. Her words dripped with poison more potent than Siku's.
"But Ruros has a son. A demigod named Uphis who rules as a Celestial in Nyka. They call him Alvina of Sharp Blades. He is biding his time until he can avenge his father. Terrible things befall any in connection to Myri he discovers," The Myrian all but growled, sounding more like she was on the war path to the city herself than simply stating facts. "I've been told his monks guard the walls of Nyka...That is why I cannot go near the city," Kaie finished bitterly, prodding the flames with a stray stick. It promptly caught of fire, but she didn't let it go until the last moment. She just watched it burn and break until it came dangerously close to burning her fingers. It took several moves of hostile brooding before the bitterness swept from her features, disappearing behind a heavily fortified wall erected by both learned civility and pride.

Kaie
Player

Words: 1635197
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2013, 3:13 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Kit Rowan on November 6th, 2013, 10:51 pm

It wasn't until then, at that moment, that everything snapped into place. Kaie's mention of Myri brought back little half-remembered stories from sailors come to brag, of dark jungles and vicious cannibals that wore scrapes and devoured the hearts of invaders. Kit bit down on her lip and took another look over at the warrior; a real flesh and blood Myrian. But why here, on the other side of the world? There was a story there, somewhere . . .

If Kaie wanted them dead, Kit had little doubt that they would be dead. But why weren't they? Had the stories exaggerated Myrian ferocity? They might have, the way stories were, just as Ravok was said to be a festering pustule of criminality. Perhaps it was a topic that Kit could approach later, if she had the chance.

Allowing the Myrian to finish with her story, Kit found herself raising an eyebrow as she finally understand what Uphis was—a god—That she had evidently met. Kit made a soft sound through her teeth and slowly shook her head. "I think I heard Myri that killed a god to be one, but I guess I didn't consider that they'd have, you know. A family. The way you were talking about him, it sounded like you . . . Saw him pluck a fish out of a river? How are you still alive?"
Unless Otherwise Stated, Expect Kit To Have Already Disguised Herself With Illusionism As 'Shy' In Every Ravok Thread.
Kit Rowan
Acrobat, Sorceress, Rogue

Words: 433379
Joined roleplay: April 29th, 2011, 11:37 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (2)

Postby Kaie on November 8th, 2013, 2:16 am

Kaie tossed a piece of firewood back into the fire and prodded the pile of embers in the center, encouraging them to remain lit and bright. She sat there in silence for several moments, simply tending the fire. Kaie stared into its flames, letting them reflect and dance upon the surface of her trace-like eyes. She could feel its heat against her skin, the surface of her skin feeling the temperature burn with every passing tick. The Myrian refused to move. She was already gone to a place very far from the one she was now. Somehow she had returned to the origin of the stories she had just told. She was sure if she listened hard enough she could hear the screech of a fleeting Macaw. If she waited just a moment longer, she might've even been able to catch sight of its colorful arrangement of feathers. The reds, blues, and golds...

And then she was back. Back to Ravok where the fall air was turning over a foul front of cold air and chaos reigned supreme. Back to a place where a barn attic was the closest place she could call home. Just for a little while. At least she could remain here with the fire for some time longer. Just until Vanari and Ria left, and the fire finally went out. Even then she could get it to hang on just a little bit longer. The Myrian knew part of her would rather waste away than return to the dull brown barn decorated only with its painted black sun siding. Pay was her only incentive.

Her thoughts were officially scattered when Ria spoke. At first her face was blank, processing the information as if she had forgotten the Common language in that moment. Then came utter confusion. Finally her eyes widened with understanding and she shook her head wildly, waving her hand as if physically removing Ria's misconception.

"No, no! I know Uphis from home and passing Nyka. He is not the one I met in the woods. I can't imagine that bastard leaving the sector of his glorified city," She grumbled the ending, doing her best to keep her rambling back to a minimum. The truth was, if she had run into the Alvina, she would've probably been foolish enough to confront him. Pretend all she wanted, being Myrian nor marked by Myri would give her a chance in winning that fight. She certainly wouldn't have been there to speak to Vanari and Ria had that been her fate. "The man who picked fish from water and made fire with his hands I met in the forest...By chance."

Maybe "by chance" was a little controversial. She had technically tracked him and made great efforts in engaging him. Painting one's face in camouflage was an art she did not take lightly. Kaie was no pro, but she had thought she had looked pretty legitimate. If only she hadn't stepped on that petching twig.

"You'd be surprised what you'd find in the forest..." Kaie alluded, eyes glittering with both withheld knowledge and firelight. Then she fell silent again, quietly watching her fire, trying to return to the semblance of pure bliss she once found. All she found was the vibrant lights of fire and the outline of thick tree trunks between the flames. She was falling back into the rhythm she had once fallen into some time ago. The purposeless feeling returning, making her feel more like a castaway than anything else. She was lost. Her heart full of longing. Suddenly even the silence was beginning to seem loud to the savage woman. That's when a long, reverberating growl came from the shadows between the trees...

Kaie
Player

Words: 1635197
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2013, 3:13 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Abstract on December 31st, 2013, 2:08 pm

Grade Awarded!

~|-|~

Vanari

Award :
Skills

~ Observation – 1
~ Singing - 2
~ Acting – 1
~ Running – 1
~ Stealth – 1
~ Trapping – 1
~ Storytelling – 2
~ Acting - 1

Lores

~ Walking Quietly in a Forest: Pay Attention!
~ Meeting Kaie in Ravok
~ How to Make a Basic Snare
~ How Kit Came To Ravok
~ How Kaie Came to Ravok
~ Uphis: Alvina of Sharp Blades
~ Myri and Uphis’ Rivalry

Other

N/A

~|-|~

Kit

Award :
Skills

~ Singing - 2
~ Running – 1
~Stealth – 3
~ Observation – 2
~ Rhetoric – 2
~ Auristics – 1
~ Storytelling - 1

Lores

~ Walking Quietly in a Forest: Different From Cities
~ Vanari and Kaie Know Each Other
~ Kaie: Savage Warrior Woman?
~ How Kaie and Vanari Met
~ How Vanari Came to Ravok
~ How Kaie Came to Ravok
~Uphis: Alvina of Sharp Blades
~ Myri and Uphis’ Rivalry

Other

N/A

~|-|~

Kaie

Award :
Skills

~ Rhetoric – 1
~ Observation – 2
~ Stealth – 2
~ Wilderness Survival – 2
~ Trapping – 2
~ Climbing – 2
~ Weapon: Gladius – 1
~ Intimidation – 1
~ Carpentry – 1
~ Storytelling - 2

Lores

~ Meeting Vanari in Ravok
~ How Vanari Came to Ravok
~ How Kit Came to Ravok
~ Kit: Friend of Vanari

Other

N/A

~|-|~

Notes

A good, if long thread… you guys got a lot of lores and xp for that! I see it’s going to be continued… I apologize for the delay on it, though… I gave this to myself for grading on a car trip : )

Vanari, you earned two points in Storytelling for your marvelous tale… as good as ever! Keep it up!
Abstract
In a roundabout way... everything is me

Words: 382975
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2013, 4:06 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (2)

Previous