Dagwood Metal

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This subforum is for small businesses that do not require extensive subforums for organization. These Small Business Sheets are simply posted records of what a business is for, its expenses, its debt and the profit it makes.

Dagwood Metal

Postby Daedalus Dagwood on October 28th, 2013, 11:27 am

Dagwood Metal

Location write up :
A rectangular building made of brick long ago made form the mines, runs adjacent to the edge of the city; the closest building to the Westwatch Tower, Image There is a wooden sign with metal letters nailed into one of the shops door that simply reads: Dagwood Metal. Lived in, Owned, and Operated by Daedalus Dagwood. Dagwood Metal is his personal workshop dedicated to the practicing of industrial arts, scientific studies, and gadgeteering advancements.

Upon entering the first door on the right, someone would find themselves standing inside of a small shop. Within are several shelves covered in with assorted items all made of various metals for sell. The shop itself is overseen by stores clerk Gwendoline Dagwood. She can often be found sitting behind a counter at the back of the shop with sweet smile on her face, willing and happy to help any costumers.

In contrast to Gwendoline's sweet smile, Darik Dagwood can often be found roaming the building preforming various tasks with a menacing grin on his face. The younger brother of the family run business, Darik is a laborer who has no qualms about doing what needs to be done in order to keep his siblings safe. While he works as a laborer, his combat skills make the shops unofficial security. Most often found at his sisters, Gwendoline's, side.

ImageShould anyone enter one of the two doors to the left, a visitor would find themselves within the foundry of Dagwood Metal. Its filled with the smokey scent of a constantly burning furnace that could be found at the center of the room. The massive hearthfire is where Daedlaus Dagwood could be found crafting metal. Chains and pulleys dangle from the ceiling that he uses to lift alloy and ingredients up to dump into the top of the furnace.

Business Type: Goods & Services

Goods and Services Offered:

Metals and Alloy material
The metalsmith at Dagwood's creates alloys to be cast into bar molds which can be used later by a smith to forge into an object. Various metals and alloy are kept in stock for whole sale, and likewise bought for the creation of specific metal works. Clay used for making molds of patterns are likewise sold to Pycon's for sustenance.
Item Cost
Brass 7 sm/pound
Bronze6 sm/pound
Cold Iron/Steel1 gm/pound
Lead 5 sm/pound
Copper 5 sm/pound
Clay1 cm/pound
Coal1 sm/pound
Iron 5 sm/pound
Lead 5 sm/pound
Silver 3 gm/pound
Tin 1 gm/pound
Zinc5 sm/pound
Gold5 gm/pound

Weapons and Weaponsmithing
Dagwood Metal Offers a small selection of weapons that can be made, though inquires can be made for the creation or repair of an item not offered through a consultation. (No weapons are kept only listed and made once requested.)

Item Cost
Dagger 2 gm
Morningstar 8 gm
Sword, Short 10 gm
Rapier 20gm
Greatsword 50 gm

Unique items
Listed Items are made on special request and through consultation

Item Cost
Novice level Animated Item Specal note: He does not openly practice Animation. Special consultation required through PM to plot accordingly, price to be determined.
Simple Toy 5-20gm
Common Sculptures/carvings/etc. 1–5 gm/5-15lb
Simple Machine Components (Lever, Wheel and axle, Pulley, Inclined plane, Wedge, Screw ) 10-15 GM
Pump Screw 15 GM

Goods
Typical items that can be made then sold in the metal shop. Items not listed can be inquired about through consultation.

Item Cost
Holy Symbol, Bronze 15 gm
Holy Symbol, Copper 5 gm
Holy Symbol, Gold 50 gm
Holy Symbol, Silver 25 gm
Holy Symbol, Wooden 1 gm
Metal Waterpipe Mouthpiece 1 gm
Metal Pipe; waterpipe 20 gm
Cooking Utensil 2 sm
Branding Iron 6 gm
Scale, Merchant’s 2 gm
Iron Drill 8 gm
Tongs 6 sm
Iron Kettle 8 sm
Iron Pot 5 sm

Base Income: Metalsmith, 7 gm.

Skill Bonus: 3 gm per day for Competent Metalsmithing

Sales bonus +2gm/day

Total Income:7+3+2= 12 gm/day

Employees:
  • Clerk NPC
    Clerk :
    ImageName: Gwendoline Dagwood
    Relation: Sister
    Skills:

Negotiation- 26
      Metalsmithing- 9
      Leadership- 5
      Blacksmithing-5
      Weaponsmithing-5

Info: Sweet as sugar and kind as quite as a butterfly, Gwendoline is the last person someone would expect to be a blacksmith. In fact, on listening to her, most people doubt she's ever lifted a hammer in her life. That is until people see her at the forge in the midst of slamming a hammer. While she is too modest to admit it, she enjoys hitting things and when she isn't in the helping the owner, who happens to be her brother Daedalus, with a project; she's constantly found running Dagwood Metal's shop as its Clerk.

• Laborer NPC
    Laborer :
    ImageName: Darik Dagwood
    Relation: Brother
    Skills:

Weapon: Rapier- 30
      Unarmed Combat-15
      Dual Wield- 5

Info: Growing up, Darik distanced himself much to his families dismay. It wasn't long before Darik found himself understanding that blacksmithing or crafting wasn't for him. Time and time again he tried to find something he could do, and with every failure his resentment for crafting grew. His frustration at being bested over and over by his siblings darkened his heart to the arts which pushed him to new lengths of violence.

He found his way with a weapon and decided if he couldn't build, he could protect. Becoming a fighter in his own right who would often fight his siblings battles for them while growing up when they ran into trouble. He now works as a laborer at Dagwood Metal doing odd jobs for the business.

NPC Living expenses:
Cleak (Common Living.)
Laborer (Common living.)

Assets:

Debt :
Land and Structures
Purchase Cost Total Debt
Foundry {Elaborate) 1,800 gm 1,800 gm
Shop (Simple) 600 gm 2400 gm
Storage (Simple)250gm 2650 gm
Office (Simple) 200 gm 2850 gm
Smithy (Simple) 700 gm 3550 gm
3550 - 887.5 (25% subtraction due to being all built at once)=2662GM . 5sm
Components to make a advanced Alloy (Steel, Bronze, Brass, ect..)
Copper (100 lbs) 50gm (5 sm/pound)2712gm.5sm
Zinc(100 lbs) 50 gm (5 sm/pound) 2762gm.5sm
Tin (100 lbs)100 GM (1 gm/pound) 2862gm.5sm
Lead (100 lbs)50 GM (5 sm/pound) 2912gm.5sm
Iron(100 lbs)50GM (5 sm/pound) 2962gm.5sm
Coal (500 lbs)50GM (1 sm/pound) 3012gm.5sm
Clay (500 lbs)5GM (1 cm/pound) 3017gm.5sm
Gold (50 lbs) 250GM(5 gm/pound)3267gm.5sm
Silver(50 lbs) 150GM (3 gm/pound) 3417gm.5sm
Debt: 3417gm.5sm Owned to Goldfinger's Loan Agency of Sunberth
Last edited by Daedalus Dagwood on January 9th, 2018, 8:07 pm, edited 18 times in total.
Daedalus Dagwood
Endless Possibilities

Words: 157286
Joined roleplay: October 27th, 2013, 8:38 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Dagwood Metal

Postby Gillar on November 26th, 2013, 8:56 am

Approved with the following notations/modifications:

Looks pretty solid! Well done! You can also add a sales bonus of 2 gm/day (20%) to your final income for being an owner/operator of your business. Total then would be 8 gm/day. Enjoy!

Business Plan Disclaimer: I am approving this business plan and the plan alone. Final approval for the business location is left in the hands of the attending Storyteller and any/all NPCs must still be approved.
Gillar
Forging the World

Words: 1345407
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 6:44 pm
Race: Isur
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Dagwood Metal

Postby Daedalus Dagwood on January 7th, 2018, 5:44 am

Hey Gillar,

WIth Sunberth up and running again, I'm wodering if you can look over my business plan again to double check it.

I did catch one mistake I made in the past when I first made the business plan.

The mistake was that I was treating NPC's like Player characters. I don't need to cut my own pay to pay the NPC's "full wages", I just need to pay the price for their living expenses.

So in fact I'd get the full 12 gm/day and then pay the common prices of living for the npcs.

I edited the business plan to reflect that.

Daedalus Dagwood
Endless Possibilities

Words: 157286
Joined roleplay: October 27th, 2013, 8:38 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)