Open [Beautyfest] Party on the Pier

The end of the night party commences on Riverfall's docks.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

[Beautyfest] Party on the Pier

Postby Kavala on February 2nd, 2014, 8:04 am

A young man moved through the crowd carefully, his expression was fierce and determined. In many ways he examined the onlookers and party goers with disdain, frowning at the excesses and the waste demonstrated here while so many others in the world went without and often locked in chains doing so. He knew what it felt like and none of them on the pier at that moment probably did.

But he'd overheard the whole thing - Kavala and Riaris fighting - Vanator and Sybel laughing, and even the Otani wandering the pier looking for trouble. He wanted his aunt to get her seeds and he wasn't sure if Sybel would retrieve them for her... after all he didn't know her. Larik was a lurker, a watcher, and he was always there for his family when he could be. Foremost in his mind was his debt and his love for them. Foremost in his mind was how much his sister smiled now and how much his aunt cried. He would give anything to retain the former and change the latter. And if it meant getting the seed for Kavala to give to her later, he would.

So the teen slipped up to the table, and whispered in Antogio's ear. "I am Larik Denusk, Kavala's nephew. I know my aunt would have wanted the seeds, sir. But she's overwhelmed from the day and too close to her time to give birth, so she's headed home. May I collect her prize for her?" He asked politely, not sure the man would indeed allow him to do so. Perhaps he should have left the task to Sybel, but he wasn't sure the woman would make it to the table in time since the party was winding down fast.

If the man would allow him, the teen would snatch the seeds for his aunt, and then find a quiet corner to change, and take to the sky to beat her and Aweston home if possible. Perhaps the bag of seeds would cheer her and take the tears from her face if sleep could not.
The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Previous