[Rearing Stallion] A Drink with Strangers [Open]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Marcus Braeden on August 11th, 2010, 6:13 pm

70th of Summer 510AV

Another day had gone by and the sun began it's decent beyond the horizon once again. Another day at the Ironworks had elapsed and now Marcus looked toward the future. Fortunately, the future included a drink at the local inn which Marcus looked forward too.

Marcus had no clue how long it had been since he had a decent drink, it must have been at least a year, at the shortest. While travelling from Ravok to Syliras there wasn't much to drink, besides the nauseating water that he and the other members of the caravan were given. He swore that the water was toxic, but he had to drink or else he probably wouldn't even get to have a drink at the Rearing Stallion. Once he actually arrived at the city, he had been so busy trying to get acquainted to life in Syliras, that he just didn't have the time nor energy to go to the inn. But tonight was different, tonight he felt like a drink.

Marcus opened the door to the inn, and all of a sudden it was dark, well at least darker then it was outside. Marcus eyes began to adjust to the dimly lit room and he was overwhelmed with the smell of smoke from the hearth and the smell of ale. The barmaids scurried around bringing the patrons there drinks. Marcus found an open table next the hearth and sat down. He was surrounded by five empty seats.

OOC InfoCouldn't fit all the names into the title so i just left it as open, i probably should of left it as closed since you know who you are if your in this.
Marcus Braeden
Chasing the Dream

Words: 138816
Joined roleplay: August 9th, 2010, 6:42 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Guido Faragas on August 11th, 2010, 6:55 pm

The young human who entered through the door of the Rearing Stallion ambled his way over to the bar in slow, lethargic fashion. Whether he was tired, or this was his habitual manner, was difficult to ascertain; whatever the truth, he was certainly known in the establishment for he exchanged a few pleasantries with a couple of the locals who propped up the bar. Anyone nearby might have heard the newcomer referred to as the “storyteller”.

Why is this place always so dim? A few more lanterns would help. Perhaps Kevith wants to disguise the state of his ale: hardly surprising if the ache it gave my guts last night is anything to go by. “A mug of ale, please.” He directed the words to a young barmaid who quickly furnished him with the drink and took the coins he laid on the bar. Mug in hand, the youth turned to face the rest of the tavern, leaning one arm on the side of the bar. He was dressed in a white shirt, dark brown tunic and plain cloth leggings: there was an air of grime about the clothes as if he were used to working outdoors.

Guido Faragas cast his eyes over the clientele. It was his habit to earn a few coins by spinning yarns and tall tales to those who had drunk too much. Yet, in truth, he was in no mood for that this evening. Merely a quiet drink, perhaps a little conversation: then an early night to sleep off the previous evening’s excesses. After a chime, his eyes alighted on a brown-haired young human sitting alone at a table surrounded by empty chairs. Looks in need of company.

Levering himself off the bar, Guido sauntered over to the lone customer. “Mind if I join you? I don’t like to see someone drinking on their own.” He posed the question in a friendly tone and his lips parted in a pleasant grin that revealed a full set of rather white looking teeth.

Back on the boards after a nasty virus laid me low...should be posting again soon.
Guido Faragas
In Disequilibrium

Words: 114496
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2009, 7:50 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Marcus Braeden on August 11th, 2010, 11:43 pm

Marcus received his ale from one of the barmaids as he placed a few coins onto her palm. Marcus sat there, staring at the ale for at least a few minutes, trying to take in how long it's been since he'd had a drink. Finally Marcus picked up his mug, raised it, as if someone were sitting with him, and took his first swig in at least a year. A smile crawled across Marcus' face as the ale trickled down his throat. Marcus put down his mug and wiped his mouth.

"Ahhhhhh, feels good to finally lose my sobriety" Marcus joked to himself.

Marcus soon found himself confronted by a Man with black hair, who wished to join him at his table. Marcus had kept to himself quite a bit since he arrived in Syliras, however he assumed it wouldn't hurt to try and make some new friends. He was already taking a big step forward by drinking, he had might as well go the extra mile and meet some people too.

Marcus looked up at the man, "Sure, I don't like drinking on my own, have a seat." Marcus motioned at any of the chairs around the table.

"I haven't really had the chance to meet many people since i moved here earlier in the Summer, so i might as well start now" Marcus said.
Marcus Braeden
Chasing the Dream

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Guido Faragas on August 12th, 2010, 10:26 am

The tall man pulled out one of the empty chairs and sat down, placing a foaming mug of ale on the table. He brushed back several strands of long, straggly hair and scratched the nape of his neck. “Pleased to make your acquaintance. Guido’s the name – Guido Faragas.” He held out an outstretched hand for the other youth to shake should he so wish.

“I can’t recall seeing you in here before,” Guido queried. “Although, it is often so dim in here it is impossible to see anyone. Are you new in town or just new to the tavern?” As he spoke he picked up his mug and took a sip of the ale. The white foam remained on his lips and he licked it off with a sigh before replacing the mug. “Much better than the brew last evening: it played havoc with my guts.”

The youth slid down in his chair a little, placing two interlinked hands behind his head, his eyes centred on his companion. Guido’s eyes were sparkling green, alert and twinkling - a stark contrast to his greasy and unkempt hair.

Back on the boards after a nasty virus laid me low...should be posting again soon.
Guido Faragas
In Disequilibrium

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Fade on August 12th, 2010, 12:57 pm

Fade entered the Rearing Stallion slowly still not used to the stares her gift induced people to give her. She paused to tie her hair up even though strands of white blonde hair still kept falling everywhere and walked up to the bar, her bag bouncing on her hip with every step. Fade leaned on the bar and ordered an ale which she was quickly given, she paid silently avoiding any skin contact with the barmaid.
She turned to face the tavern still leaning on the wooden counter her icy clear blue eyes surveying her options taking a sip of her ale enjoing the bitter taste rolling around her mouth. An empty table would signal she needed company and she didn’t want it really so she walked up to a relatively empty table. She sat on the far side of two young men gesturing at the seat and then sitting down before her unsaid question could have been answered. She kept her eyes on her drink toying with her mug immersed in her own thoughts come to think about it she hadn’t even looked properly at the men in front of her!
Fade
Player

Words: 105680
Joined roleplay: May 8th, 2010, 10:58 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Marcus Braeden on August 12th, 2010, 3:11 pm

Marcus grasped the mans hand firmly.

"I'm Marcus, Marcus Braeden. Nice to meet ya Guido. And yes, i am new to the inn, and somewhat the town also. I moved here back towards the beginning of summer. This is my first time at the inn since i got here, and this probably the first drink i have had in a year."

Suddenly another guest approached the table. In the lighting of the inn, she looked like the average human. But when she walked by one of the few candles in the room, it was a completely different story. She had incredibly blonde hair, white almost, and her skin was pale. The women decided to take a seat at the table, not even acknowledging that it was occupied. Marcus wanted to try and tell her that the table was occupied but something kept him from saying anything. Instead he turned to Guido.

"You know this girl by any chance?" Marcus asked.
Marcus Braeden
Chasing the Dream

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Guido Faragas on August 12th, 2010, 8:40 pm

“First drink in a year?” Guido echoed the comment of the other youth as he released his hand at the finish of the handshake. “You are a better man than I, my friend. It troubles me to go more than a few days without a good ale, particularly if I’ve been lugging goods about for my father. It gives me quite a thirst.” As if to demonstrate the point, he brought his mug to his mouth, taking a good swig of the brew.

“So, what brings you to the city? Business, perhaps, or pleasure?” He lifted the corner of one eyebrow, waiting for Marcus’ reply. However, before the youth could respond, one of the empty seats at the table was suddenly filled... a flash of white hair, pale skin and delicate long fingers. He scarcely heard the words of his new drinking partner as he turned to look at the newcomer. She had her face down, apparently engrossed in her own drink, not acknowledging the presence of the others.

Guido’s eyes blinked rapidly. “Welcome,” he murmured to Fade.

OOCFade: I guess Guido and Fade will already be acquainted by this timestamp assuming the Sanea thread goes ahead.

Guido Faragas
In Disequilibrium

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Fade on August 13th, 2010, 7:48 am

Fade looked up to see Guido and another young man sitting opposite her, she looked surprised for a split second then she smiled her clear blue eyes twinkling and said “Hello Guido and…who is this?“ She peered at the man and added “A friend of yours?” She coked her head and extended a gloved hand to the stranger “Fade is the name”

She took another swig of her drink slowly so she enjoyed every last centilitre. Then she propped herself up on her elbows and waited for the man to answer Guido’s question, she had overheard it and preferred not to ask the same question twice. She pushed a particular unruly lock of hair out of her face three times before letting it dangle in front of her.
Fade
Player

Words: 105680
Joined roleplay: May 8th, 2010, 10:58 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trash Medal (1)

Postby John Griffin on August 13th, 2010, 11:10 am

OOCSorry for the late arrival, work's been busy.

John loved the Stallion. He loved it most the day after a five day stint of patrols, but the day prior was almost as good. It gave him time to blow off some steam and relax right before a haul of long days. He'd drink a few brews, maybe make some friends, or at the very least be entertained by some strangers he might never see again. Syliras was big, and the Stallion was just one pub.

He soaked in his surroundings after stepping through the door, apologizing as someone came in behind him and bumped into him. He had, after all, been blocking the portal. His hand went down to his coin purse as his eyes followed the other man, but when he found his purse still there, he looked away, the man forgotten.

He had come in his usual attire of doublet and jerkin, with sword and dagger at his hip. No doubt the barmaids thought he owned only one set of clothes. Next season, John told himself. Then I'll buy a new wardrobe. He moved over to the bar and ordered his customary two ales. One for now, and one to be delivered later. After his ale was brought he turned to find a table, but stopped short.

All the tables had people.

These days were often the most interesting, when he had to play roulette with tables, never knowing what he would get. He chose a table with three empty chairs, the other three being occupied by two young men and a particularly pale young woman. It was as good a choice as any. John moved over to the table and gestured at one of the chairs.

"Do you mind? All the tables are full."
John Griffin
Syliran Knight

Words: 100281
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2010, 5:42 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Marcus Braeden on August 13th, 2010, 4:33 pm

Marcus extended his hand to shake Fade's.

"I'm Marcus Braeden, and to answer your questions, Guido, well i pretty much came here for business but a little bit of pleasure never hurts also. I am working at the Ironworks as a weaponsmith. But i have another reason for coming here..." Marcus couldn't continue before another man, this time with a sword strapped to his side approach the table. Wow i'm pretty popular tonight Marcus thought to himself.

Something about the man looked familiar, he had seen him from somewhere. Was it the Ironworks? No. Oh yeah, now I've got it. He is one of the knights that i have occasionally seen on patrol.

"No I don't mind have a seat" Marcus said as he looked toward Guido and Fade, to make sure there were no objections.
Marcus Braeden
Chasing the Dream

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next