[Rearing Stallion] A Drink with Strangers [Open]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Marcus Braeden on August 29th, 2010, 4:12 pm

Marcus' mind was brought back into reality when he heard Guido ask about the other reason for coming to Syliras. His eyes were refocused onto his companions sitting around the table and Marcus cleared his throat.

"Ummmm, oh yes, well it's more of just a secret ambition of mine, i also came in the hopes of joining the Syliran Knights" Marcus' eyes jumped to John. "I'll admit, It's a little embarrassing just coming out and saying this when a knight is sitting here at the table, but since you asked..." Marcus smiled and grabbed his mug of ale and took a rather large drink.
Marcus Braeden
Chasing the Dream

Words: 138816
Joined roleplay: August 9th, 2010, 6:42 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby John Griffin on September 2nd, 2010, 1:27 pm

Bound to the circus owner? John wondered what exactly that meant. Had she been a slave? That must have been awful, he probably...used her. Terrible The thing man seemed to be just a simple day laborer, but that didn't explain he earlier meditation. Perhaps there was more to his story? Or you're just over thinking it. There ARE normal people in the world, you big goon.

The young knight grinned at Marcus. "Don't be embarrased. Joining the Order is a noble goal, and likely alot easier than you think. If you're truly interested, I mean you have serious intentions on becoming a Knight, I'd be glad to give you some help."
John Griffin
Syliran Knight

Words: 100281
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2010, 5:42 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Guido Faragas on September 4th, 2010, 9:10 am

So Marcus wanted to become a knight? It was not something that Guido had ever considered for himself. He regarded the knights as authority figures, enforcing rules and codes. The reimancer was more of a free spirit. He respected law and order but was always ready to push at the edge of convention. Still, one got to a have a sword and armour, which must be fun! He couldn’t resist probing further.

“So what is it that attracts you to becoming a knight Marcus? What is your motivation?” He asked the question in a pleasant tone, leaning one arm on the table and stroking his chin with a long finger.

Then he turned to John. “I respect the knights greatly but don’t you find living according to their codes somewhat...restraining?” He paused for a moment before continuing. “As to myself, I often ache to leave the confines of the city and explore the world. My archaeological adventures satisfy this desire a little but I often yearn to do more.”

Back on the boards after a nasty virus laid me low...should be posting again soon.
Guido Faragas
In Disequilibrium

Words: 114496
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2009, 7:50 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Marcus Braeden on September 5th, 2010, 7:13 pm

Marcus looked up from his drink, his eyes were wide open as if he'd had some some sort of huge realization. He couldn't believe that his dream of becoming a Syliran Knight was actually in his grasp. However, what if being a knight was not all that it was lived up to be. Marcus had a fairly romantic view on the whole situation, however Marcus had also seen some pretty sick things happen, especially in his home town of Ravok. One of the reasons he left was because of the Black Sun and Marcus would never pass up the chance to kill a few of those bastards. Marcus took another large gulp from his ale and then turned toward Guido.

"Well, I suppose i have a few motivations. Number one, i am from Ravok, and let me just say that..." Marcus looked around the inn before continuing "...those crazy bastards, the Black Sun, are part of the reason i decided to move from Ravok to Syliras. I could have easily stayed in Ravok and continued weapon smithing if i wern't so damn terrified of being killed in my sleep every night. As for a second reason, well i suppose i am just a dreamer whos trying to escape every day life." Marcus explained.
Marcus Braeden
Chasing the Dream

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby John Griffin on September 11th, 2010, 9:55 am

A chuckle came forth from John's lips at Guido's question. "Not at all. I am a fourth generation knight. The Griffin's are no First Wing family, but we've a decent history with the Order. When you're raised to become a knight, the...restrictions, as you say, just seem natural. It's become part of who I am, I suppose. Besides, the Knighthood probably isn't as restrictive as you think." He nodded, sipping his drink. "I'd like to see the world as well. One day, maybe. But for now I'm content here in Syliras."

He drained the dregs of his ale and stood. "I think I'm going to turn in early, so I'd best be off. It was a pleasure meeting you all." He turned to Marcus, "If you want some help with joining the Order, I'll be around. I'm here a couple nights a week, so just seek me out." With a polite good bye nod to the three, he adjusted his sword belt and strode off, stopping by the bar to slam his second ale, before making his way out of the Stallion.
John Griffin
Syliran Knight

Words: 100281
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2010, 5:42 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Guido Faragas on September 11th, 2010, 5:25 pm

Guido listened with interest to the two men’s differing accounts of their motivation for knighthood. Family tradition was a concept he struggled with, for he wished nothing further than to distance himself from his family business. However, Marcus’ reference to being a dreamer was something he could relate, for the young reimancer was something of a dreamer himself. He yearned to learn more of the magical arts, journey throughout the land and learn of its histories.

“Farewell, John,” he replied to the knight as he bade his companions farewell. “Perhaps I will see you again either in here, or perhaps in some future venture. He grinned broadly. When the knight had gone, he drained the last of his ale and turned to Marcus.

“It has been a pleasure to meet you friend. If you are ever in need of assistance, or simply wish for a friendly chat, I can be found here several nights a week, unless I am on my travels.” He nodded to Fade and extended a hand to Marcus before taking his leave.

Back on the boards after a nasty virus laid me low...should be posting again soon.
Guido Faragas
In Disequilibrium

Words: 114496
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2009, 7:50 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Marcus Braeden on September 11th, 2010, 9:06 pm

Marcus gave Guido a firm handshake and then he finished his drink off. Marcus figured it had been a pretty good night, he had met some people, and now he had an opportunity to seek knighthood, and best of all...there wasn't any blood spilled over that earlier quarrel with those the man and his perverted friend. Situations like this made him wish he had a sword, he could easily craft one but he had been too busy filling orders at the Ironworks, but maybe on some slow day at work he would make one.

"Well seeing as everyone else is turning in for the night, i suppose i will also." Marcus said, "It was good meeting you all."

Marcus slowly made his way out of the inn and into the night.
Marcus Braeden
Chasing the Dream

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Leviathan on October 8th, 2010, 6:14 pm

Thread Award!

Marcus
Exp +2 Drinking, +1 Observation
Lore Lore of Ignoring Conflict, Leaving the Problems of Others Alone, Knightly Inspiration

Guido
Exp +2 Interrogation, +1 Drinking, +1 Observation
Lore Lore of Ignoring Conflict, Leaving the Problems of Others Alone

Fade
Exp +1 Drinking, +1 Observation

John Griffin
Exp +2 Drinking, +1 Interrogation

Additional Comments Sorry it took me a while to get this done. I'm fairly busy with school and such. In case you guys were wondering, my little intrusion here did have a purpose. I was surprised by the outcome, but I guess I'm learning about your PCs a little better. :P If you guys have any questions, comments, or concerns, feel free to PM me. I'm always up for discussion and the like. John Griffin, I am still planning on getting a quest together, it's just been severely delayed because of life, again I'm sorry.

Nice thread and keep up the good writing!
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Previous