Flashback Fun by the beach (Giat)

A wizard meets a young Kelvic. What comes of it?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

Fun by the beach (Giat)

Postby Annalisa Marin on December 25th, 2013, 2:39 am

31st of Summer, 512 AV

The smell of the salty waves was fresh on the air and Anna sighed as she dug her feet into the warm sand and wriggled her toes in delight, gods it felt good to be out here again. Her black hair fell down freely about her head, the light breeze shifting her cloak slightly. The University had taken up enough of her attention this week, theory was good but actual practice was divine beyond belief. This was the only place where she could safely get some good practice in, unfortunately. Zeltiva was but a tint speck in the distance, the waters of Matthews Bay dominating the vista.

Anna's supplies were located a short distance away, far enough so that they wouldn't be in danger during this practice session. A rare genuine smile was on her face as she fell into her proper stance, her feet spread apart while she herself faced the Bay itself. The waters were very useful in cooling the Para-Element she controlled, Lava. The beach itself was useful because it didn't catch on fire easily.

Her parents disagreed with her new path, but they couldn't understand how very good it felt to be like this. To manipulate the reality of this world with sheer force of will, it was glorious. It was more addictive than sex or any drug, more pleasurable than anything she had ever felt in her life. It spoke to her on a primal and instinctual level, when she was warping her own Djed it felt good. All the pains of the world, all of her inadequacies slipped away as she felt strong.

The tall woman closed her eyes and focused within herself, gathering the power that lay within the core of her being. It was her very identity she was about to utilize, what made her a person, the essence of Annalisa Marin. She focused upon that idea and moved it towards her hands, the energy pooling just under her palms. From her she imagined herself slipping away, bleeding out from her flesh to take another form outside her body.

Clear translucent liquid pooled in the palms of her hands, drawing a sigh of pleasure from her lips. Just generating it felt so very erotic, so good on that base primal level. Whatever pain she had gone through to gain this power had been worth it, petch whatever anyone else said. She was like unto a goddess, playing with the tapestry of creation like a toy while others looked on in fear.

The liquid slowly moved to sheath her hands and then her upper arms. This wasn't enough yet for her exercise, so she focused her Djed downward to the bottoms of her feet. She pushed outwards and the warm vital substance took form, pooling up between her toes and over her feet. It traveled up past her ankles quickly enough as well. It was a lot of draw, but she was feeling ambitious today.

Today she was going to combine earth and fire into something different than lava, something Anna hoped would be a little more precise. The Reimancer focused upon the Res sheathing her arms and hands and willed it to detach from her flesh. The clear liquid was forced upwards before her and gathered into a single large ball in front of her. From here she willed it to split into three layers, a thin outer layer, a larger middle layer, and the central core layer.

Anna focused upon the Res, the concept of solid and smooth earth being filled in her mind. She clenched her fists, a gesture to signal the transmutation from Res to earth. The middle layer of res hardened and shifted, solidifying easily to Anna's whim. She made certain to include tiny gaps in the transmuted earth, crack that were nearly imperceptible to the eye.

A wave of euphoria washed over her, drawing a rather throaty moan from her. She would really need to learn to control her reactions better, but she couldn't help it as casting just felt so petching good. Once she had this construct ready and hovering before her, a smooth ball of earth, she willed the outer layer to transmute as well by agitating the Res quickly and focusing on the concept of fire.

Flames burst up from the large ball of rock, drawing further euphoria to the young Wizard's mind but she fought through it. She flicked her wrists, sending the ball speeding towards the edge of her zone of control and towards the water of the Bay. As it approached the area she shifted the inner layer of Res, pushing it upwards.

The smooth ball shattered and the liquid res transmuted to more flames, wreathing the stones in magial fire. A rain of sharp fiery stone fell upon the water of the Bay, sending splashes and steam rising up from the surface. Gods it felt petching good, though she did feel the drain that the multiphase spell had cost her. Ah well, she still had energy to spare, more than enough for her next test. Today was certainly shaping up to be productive.
Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Words: 1635951
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2013, 6:52 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Fun by the beach (Giat)

Postby Giat Ikati on December 25th, 2013, 4:41 am

A rather small woman, just barely coming up to 4 feet, - not to mention more distinguishable as a teen than an adult - walked to the outskirts a bit somberly. Though it was hard to tell quite what she was feeling, with her the hood of her cloak pulled far enough overhead to cover little more than half of her face to where only the fine line formed by her mouth was clearly visible, even with her head down. Though the slouched posture was something formed more out of habit rather than an outward expression of her mood. A had changed for her over the course of the last season through one simple act, dealt by two, that if transpired under different circumstance would not have affected her at all. But what was done is done, and she was old enough now - at least, she hoped she was - to take care of herself just like any other Kelvic.

And though she’s managed well enough on her own for the first season by herself, it was… strange. Not having a guardian to look after you. To have the decision of being independant made when you weren’t quite sure you’re ready for that yourself. If given another season or two, chances are she would have left Zeltiva by herself, and it’s not even an ‘if I was given the chance’ thing she was feeling. The thirst for independence of her mother would have been fueled by her naturally inclined nature just as her mother’s slightly over zelest coddling and inevitable departure was fueled by her own; even possibly fueled by the mage-in-training’s much awaited leave once he felt he needed to learn more by himself outside of the university.

In the end, their leave meant she stayed in Zeltiva, one of the - from what little she knew - safest places for a kelvic. So in all truth she was grateful, if not a bit lonesome, from being left enough to live off in a place she already knew a good amount about.

So she wasn’t really upset, at least right now. Her problem was that Zeltiva was becoming a bit boring. The most she’s been doing was work all day doing small menial jobs for little to no pay due to the limited amount of things a person her size can do that someone else can’t do faster, hunt down her lunches in the outskirts, and lie down doing next to nothing in either a green field or sandy beach. That sounded perfect for someone lazy who just wanted to fly through life comfortably, but she wanted to do something fun, exciting, with all of the enthusiasm a young girl should have.

But for now, she stayed content on her way to the sandy beach on the outskirts. It was too hot to work, her hood and gloves made her feel uncomfortably warm in the sun, and she was looking forward to laying down in the dampened sand in her lynx form, the water occasionally wetting her fur while her padded paws made unintentionally deep imprints that would be washed away as though no blemishes could ever be allowed near the water,

Giat was snapped from her thoughts when she heard a moan up ahead; her head lifted as she neared the beach faster to see who made that noisy. As soon as she spotted the woman her gaze shifted to the ball of rock floating in front of her, and no sooner had she caught sight of it did it suddenly catch on fire. She watched in awe as the flaming ball of rock was sent flying towards the bay with little more than a flick of the wrist and her eyes lit up under the shadow of her cloak as it shattered, leaving her unable to process how she felt. The thought of hiding from the Geo-necromancer had yet to enter her mind as she wondered more about if the mage-in-training could do anything like that.
Sorry guys, a while back my laptop stopped working and I had no way to get on Mizar because the school library blocked social sites(They'll probably remove that because it makes researching for projects harder)

But as of now I'm back and I'll be able to start posting again :3
Giat Ikati
I'm not a thief, if I don't get caught

Words: 24721
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2013, 12:24 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Fun by the beach (Giat)

Postby Annalisa Marin on December 25th, 2013, 7:23 pm

Anna felt good about the display, it was basic sure but it was also effective as far as magic went. It also displayed her control for better reference as to move forward, however her next display was going to be a bit more simply by comparison as she only intended to use one element. At least that had been her intention before her gaze was drawn to a slight disturbance a little ways away. She froze, her grey eyes widening as the tall woman looked upon a girl standing some distance away.

She looked rather like she had been caught stealing cookies for a jar, obviously having not expected to be seen practicing magic. She met the gaze of the girl, her mind slowly trying to work out what she needed to do now. Would the girl run away screaming, having seen Anna manipulate the elements so easily? Would she stand frozen in terror? Too many unknown variables when dealing with someone that could be ignorant towards magic.

The liquid around her legs seeped back into her skin, as she figured it was best to appear as non-threatening as possible. She really didn't want to scare this girl away, who knew what kind of trouble that might very well place her in? A small part of her mind whispered that she should be proud of what she was, but it was pushed back. Anna was not so consumed by arrogance that she neglected others by this point in her life, others were scared of her magic. Even her best friend became a little uneasy around her.

Anna held out her hands non-threateningly, deciding it best to try and get the girl to come to her. When she spoke she made certain to conceal any instability brought forth from the intense urge, no reason to scare her more than she already. A small smile was on her face, that rare quiet one that so defined her at this point in her life. She was not cruel or completely self absorbed, her parent's teachings of morality still rang true in her mind.

"Umm... hello there. There is no reason to be scared. Why don't you come over here and we can talk." Anna said.

Actually the girl had every reason to be frightened out of her wits, Anna wouldn't have blamed her for at least being wary. Magic was a dangerous thing, also a thing that many were suspicious of due to the instability of its practitioners. Thankfully she hadn't seen her summon lava, Velia had nearly had her eyes bug out at the sight of a curtain of lava being summoned forth by her friend. It was a powerful force, and one unfamiliar to many that walked this world.

"You are a long way from Zeltiva, girl. Its rather dangerous this far out without some form of defense." Anna commented.

It was a bit odd for one so... well small to be out this way. Anna could easily tell that she would tower over the girl if they were placed side by side, a fact she did take pride it. Velia joked and called her a giant but she took it in stride, it set her apart from others and she liked it. Unfortunately it would likely only serve to further intimidate the girl if she came closer.
Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Fun by the beach (Giat)

Postby Giat Ikati on December 26th, 2013, 7:37 pm

Coming back from her wonder of what the Mage-in-training could or couldn’t do, the small girl steadied her gaze on the taller woman when it seemed she was going to do something else. She wondered if she should leave, remembering the instability of most magic users, but that thought left her mind when the woman’s gaze met her own. She wasn’t very good at reading people’s expressions, so simply being seen suddenly made her aware of just how small she was and the thought of what this woman could do to her made her tense. With her own hood covering her eyes and making it harder for the woman to read her expression, she wasn’t sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing right now.

She calmed down when the woman held her hand out and gave her a small smile. She was hesitant at first to take the invitation, looking back the way she came as though she was trying to decided if she should leave instead, not knowing exactly how dangerous this woman was, especially with her rather limited understanding of magic; though she knew enough to not be the type to turn tail and run away when someone uses it.

She looked at the ground, tugging a bit at her gloves as she walked forward and stopped just short of a few feet from the woman, “I like coming out here...” Her voice was low and soft, seeming to fail and trail off as she continued speaking and come back when she said “... it’s quiet.” and continued tugging on the rim of her gloves and slouched as though she was trying to make herself seem smaller than she already was, when really it was out of habit.
Sorry guys, a while back my laptop stopped working and I had no way to get on Mizar because the school library blocked social sites(They'll probably remove that because it makes researching for projects harder)

Giat Ikati

Character sheet

Fun by the beach (Giat)

Postby Annalisa Marin on December 27th, 2013, 5:12 am

Anna barely suppressed a sigh of relief when the girl approached her, hesitant perhaps but at least it was better than running and screaming. Instead she lowered her hands, staring down at the girl with a slightly raised eyebrow. She was even shorter up close, though her eyes were hidden by the shadow cast by her cloak. Well, now that she had her here the question was what to do now. Anna thought about it, technically the girl had seen her do magic and was probably the only one out here besides Anna herself. Perhaps it was best to just sit back and calm down.

At the girl's response she actually did chuckle, quiet it might very well be but she was still just a girl. Perhaps she herself was a wizard, or had some hidden form of defense. Anna kept that possibility to herself and simply shifted from one foot to the other.

"Heh, that is pretty much the same reason I make it out this way. My talents are better when everything is quiet, though I suspect they also make me better equipped to handle threats." Anna replied, smirking slightly.

The tall woman gestured to the sandy ground, quirking her eyebrow slightly down at the short girl. It wasn't as though she was comfortable practicing with people watching, so really talking until the girl hopefully got bored and left was the best option. Not many kept their minds open to magic, hopefully she wouldn't ask anything in that regard.

"Would you like to join me for a bit of rest and relaxation? Its a nice day out after all. Unstrap your boots and settle down here, I could use the company." Anna said, untying her cloak and laying it out on the ground.

The tall woman sat down on her cloak and regarded the girl expectantly, her expression rather calm and controlled. This hadn't been part of how she had expected her day to go but that didn't mean it was going to be a poor day. Well, it would be if the girl turned out to be some vicious monster, that might very well make her day rather poor. Anna grinned sardonically at the thought.

"That was magic, in case you were wondering. I mean of course it was magic, I'm a wizard, well not a full one, but I'm working at it. Ah, I mean, that is... Hello, I'm Annalisa Marin, who are you?" Anna said, tripping a bit over her words.

How the petch was she supposed to handle a kid? Anna wasn't exactly experienced with children, she had been one but actually conversing with them like this now. She was used to passing lewd stories and sarcastic banter back and forth between university students. This unnamed girl was unlikely to enjoy some of these stories.

Anna reclined further back and looked back up at the sky, it was indeed a beautiful day out.

OOCSorry for the short post.
Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Fun by the beach (Giat)

Postby Giat Ikati on January 5th, 2014, 11:53 am

Even though the taller of the two didn’t seem hostile, the smaller was still a bit wary. She wasn’t much sure what to do with herself now, she wasn’t used to running into people out here whilst in her human form. Honestly, she’s never ran into a human - or magic user, she thinks they might be two separate things but she wasn’t sure - out here in her human form. The small girl wondered if she should leave the geo-necromancer to what she had been doing before her arrival, she could always come back tomorrow - maybe not tomorrow, but the beach wasn’t going anywhere so it’s not as though she couldn’t come back anytime she wanted.

The girl looked up a bit more when she heard the woman chuckle, feeling as though she should feel more intimidated by her stature than she was now. She wanted to ask if the talents she spoke about was the fire and earth magic or something else but not wanting to ask in case it was the former, which would be plainly obvious to anyone else if that was the case in the smaller’s mind.

After watching the tall woman lay down, the smaller of the two sat down cross-legged in the sand with her hands over her lap, the action itself seeming just as hesitant as when she walked over and found it to her better judgement to keep everything she was wearing on, seemingly not too bothered by the heat.

Continuing to remain silent, she looked at the woman as she seemed to stumble over her words a bit, not really sure what to make of that but decided to shrug it off, “Uhm…” She wondered if she should tell the woman her real name, the likeliness of them meeting again was slim but something told her it wasn’t wise to tell a complete stranger her name, “I’m… Katty.”

‘Katty’ recalled the nickname the Mage-in-training used towards her and went with it. It seemed like a good idea to her for now. Eyes wandering to the shore she couldn’t help but ask “Do you… go to the University? The one that teaches magic…” Trailing of, she mentally kicked herself for specifying the only university in Zeltiva and looked out at the waves brushing against the shore.

Giat Ikati

Character sheet