Closed Dance the Worries Away (Azira, Marrin)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Dance the Worries Away (Azira, Marrin)

Postby Syveris on November 7th, 2013, 12:35 am

72nd of Fall, 513 AV

Syveris had thought long and hard, but she had reached a decision. She would take Azira to the Inclement Weather, or at least she would try. And she would try really hard.

As the Avora made her way through the Darnivas Commonrooms, to the door she had seen Azira enter two days before, she still wasn't sure as to why she wanted to take Azira to the club. No, she knew why. It was because the huntress had seemed so lonely and sad on the day they had gone hiking that Syveris couldn't stop thinking that she should have more fun, relax more. She knew climbing would be the last thing the huntress would want to do, and glassworking was also out of question. That left the Inclement Weather, and since Syveris had managed to have fun on the club the last time she had gone, she supposed it was a good choice.

She was sure that the huntress would disagree, though. Azira didn't seem to be the type that would enjoy the Inclement, but then, Syveris wasn't either, but she had a lot of fun, and she would take the huntress, even if she had to drag her there.

Standing on front of her door, though, she faltered. Syveris was already wearing the white outfit Azira had picked for her, ready to go as soon as the huntress herself was ready. She had debated with herself while she was getting ready, as to whatever or not it was alright to take the other woman to a place where she might not be comfortable. And now, she was debating again.

Normally, Syveris wouldn't even think too much about it, but it was about Azira, and she didn't want to hurt her again. They were on the right way to become friends, and the last thing the Avora wanted was to ruin everything as she had almost ruined before.

But stopping to think, Azira needed to relax sometimes, and it would be more selfish to just give up. Friends were meant to help, and while she wasn't sure the huntress regarded her as a friend, Syveris was starting to think of the other as such. Decided once again, she raised her hand and knocked on the door.

As she waited, the Avora played with the white feathers on her belt, hoping that Azira would be home. But not only that, she hoped that she was doing the right thing. Syveris promised herself that, if Azira began to feel too uncomfortable on the Inclement, she would leave with the huntress without question.

The real problem, though, would be getting the woman to agree to go on the first place. Maybe she was just overreacting again. Maybe it would be easier than she thought.

x Poppy
Syveris
Emotional Glassworker

Words: 334020
Joined roleplay: September 1st, 2013, 2:25 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Azira on November 7th, 2013, 1:14 am

The huntress had curled herself up on her bed with a nice fiction book once she got back from hunting. The girl was just in the mood to relax for once and she found reading a good book to be the best way to fulfil that requirement. It was also one of those books that she received some guilty pleasure from reading, one of those books that in her eyes she shouldn't like but she did. It was a romance novel, or rather a novel where romance happened at certain points. The young woman liked to think that she had enough sense to not read that trash where romance gushed out of the pages from start to finish. It still felt wrong to read it somehow though.

So when a knock came at the door, the Avora jumped and began to panic a little. She had no idea who would be calling for her and could see no reason for anyone to do so but she figured that she'd need to open her door anyway, just to check. The novel was picked up and stuffed into the chest at the end of the bed to hide it from view before the teen took a few calming steps to compose herself and strode forward to answer the door. The caller surprised her.

"Syveris! What are you doing here?" she cried. The young glassworker was the last person that Azira had expected to see but yet she was also the only one who would ever bother to take an interest in her. She didn't know what to make of the visit though she suspected that the girl was going out. The white outfit that the huntress had helped to choose for her was fitted on her thin frame and the teen found herself feeling smug for making such a good choice; she looked stunning.

"Did you want to come in?" she asked awkwardly, stepping back and pulling the door open wider to allow her friend's admittance. A quick glance told her that the room was clean, not that there was anything in it to make it seem untidy or anything. The room was fairly empty, devoid of any real personal possessions except for her bookcase with its single book.

x
4 out of 5 active threads

Azira
Prodigal Daughter

Words: 907811
Joined roleplay: August 31st, 2013, 3:43 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Overlored (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Syveris on November 7th, 2013, 9:51 am

When Azira opened the door, she was already feeling more confident. She couldn't know if the huntress would take on her offer, but she began to felt as if the other wouldn't yell at her for trying. After all, Azira had been nice to her both after she had punched the girl in the nose and after she had bothered the girl by bringing up sensitive subjects. Yet, when the girl answered the door, she faltered, before regaining her comfidence, and smiled to the girl.

"Hello, Azira!" she greeted the other, gathering the thoughts on her mind, purposefully not answering the question. She would, of course, but not right then. When the girl invited her in, Syveris smiled, and entered the room, not going too far from the door, though.

"I think I never thanked you for the clothes. They fit really well and are more comfortable than I thought." she spoke, while sending a quick glance around the room. It was mostly empty, the only truly personal item seeming to be the bookshelf with a single book on it. However, the Avora didn't thought much of it. Her own bedroom wasn't really that different. "So, thank you. A lot, really." of course this wasn't why she had come, but it wasn't her intention to pretend it was, either. So before the huntress could answer, she added, quickly.

"I think we should go to the Inclement Weather, to celebrate your birthday. I told you we would do a late celebration, if you wanted, so I've come to invite you." Syveris thought a little, before she kept explaining the reason of her visit. "Besides, it will be a great opportunity to relax, don't you think? I thought you might like it. So, what do you say?" Syveris was ready to argue with the huntress, if necessary. Hopefully, it wouldn't be.

Turning to face Azira, she smiled. "You also have to tell me what do you want for your birthday." after all, she really wanted to do something. It was the least she could do for making the huntress so uncomfortable all the time.

x Poppy
Syveris
Emotional Glassworker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Azira on November 7th, 2013, 11:31 am

The glassworker was smiling too much. Not many people would agree that somebody is capable of smiling too much but Azira had an idea of how much people should smile and Syveris was over it. She didn't trust that easy smile right now, not knowing why the girl was so happy. The huntress had a sneaking suspicion that the girl was planning something, that would certainly explain the evening visit.

Her suspicion grew when her friend didn't answer her question and instead started talking on the subject of clothes. Azira watched her through narrowed eyes, wondering if the girl had just come to say that she liked her clothes, that would have been just plain strange. Before the teen could comment on it however Syveris had begun to blurt out her reason for coming. She knew it! The girl did have a reason for coming but she instantly understood why hadn't come straight out with it.

The Avora opened her mouth to protest the very tick that Syveris mentioned the Inclement Weather but closed it again when the girl suggested it be a birthday celebration. She didn't approve of the idea but she listened without interruption, her lips pressed together. The glassworker had gone straight for the chink in her armour that she'd revealed the other day: not having anybody to celebrate her birthday with. The girl must have known that that would stop her protestations but it seemed grossly unfair for her to use that to try to convince her.

"You don't have to get me a present and I'm not going to the Inclement Weather. Don't look at me like that, I will not go, understand. No," Azira replied, her tone annoyed. Her annoyance was because Syveris had actually made her consider it. She hadn't outright thought no and then stuck to that thought, she had actually considered saying yes. 

The huntress crossed her arms across her chest and shook her head vehemently. "I'm not going, Syveris," she repeated, her tone calmer and quieter now.

x

Azira
Prodigal Daughter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Syveris on November 7th, 2013, 12:17 pm

Azira was clearly annoyed. Well, she knew it wouldn't be easy, and she had come willing to fight. Not a real fight, but she wanted the huntress to relax, and she couldn't think of nothing to offer but a going to the Inclement Weather. Well, she had thought of a day in the Enclave, but that as a birthday celebration was just not right.

But then, the girl had been more annoyed than Syveris thought she would be. Why? Azira's lips were pressed, but there was something different from the other times the huntress had been annoyed at her. She hadn't interrupt her, and her body wasn't as tense as it should be if the woman really wasn't willing to listen to her. Maybe she was just misreading things, but then, maybe Azira wasn't exactly annoyed at the idea, but at something else.

The thought of what it might be made her frown even more, and she didn't even hear the last thing the huntress said. Was she thinking that Syveris was using the things she had told the Avora to keep her from protesting? The thought was a little hurtful, to think that Azira would believe she could do it. But maybe that wasn't it at all. Syveris kept glaring at the ground, concentrated. After a few moments, she raised her head, looking seriously at Azira.

"Azira, I just want to clear something out. I told you we could go to the Inclement Weather to celebrate because I want to go to the Inclement Weather to celebrate, and I want you to have fun and relax a little, which I think you will do if you go. I didn't mentioned your birthday because I want to convince you to go without arguing. That's not the way I do things, and I won't ever, ever use the important things you tell me to make you do something I want. I'm not like that. I came here willing to try and convince you to go, but not like that." that was probably the most serious tone she had used since the beginning of Fall, and she hoped Azira wouldn't think she was mad at her. She wasn't. The Avora only wanted the other to see she wasn't going to use her feelings and worries to make her do things. That simply wasn't right, and if she ever did it, it wasn't on purpose. Not even when she was a Yasi she tried to make people do things for her using their feelings.

"So, I had an entire speech prepared to tell you how the Inclement can be fun, that if you dance you can actually forget a lot of your worries and that we should do something fun once in a while. But I guess that this will only make we loose time." she gave the huntress another smile, and said, in a much lighter tone. "Let's just try it out, ok? We go, we try to have fun, and if you don't like it after a while and still want to go away, I won't stop you. Can we at least try?"

x Poppy
Syveris
Emotional Glassworker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Azira on November 7th, 2013, 12:52 pm

The huntress gave a guilty start at the glassworker's words. It was as if the young woman had read her mind. Her thoughts had somehow shown on her face and the girl had picked up on it. She felt guilty for thinking it but she also felt horrible for having been caught out. The girl was just trying to be nice and here she was harbouring thoughts that Syveris was trying to manipulate it.

Sighing, the Avora shook her head slightly and relaxed her posture. "I'm sorry, Syveris. I shouldn't have thought that you were trying to manipulate me," she mumbled, looking extremely guilty. The huntress looked at her intently for a moment and then her shoulders drooped as she visibly showed her defeat.

"I don't dance, all right but I...will go with you. If I don't like it, we're coming straight back, do you hear me? I'm not doing anything I don't like. I will come back here if I don't like it. Don't feel like you've won or something, okay?" she grumbled, moving to the chest at the end of her bed. She opened it, blocking its contents from view as she rooted for the outfit that they had bought in the market the first day they'd met.

"I'm sure it will be better than the last time, right?" she mumbled to herself, placing the blue vinati and the black bryda over her arm. The Avora fished out the shoes and the necklace as well. "Give me two chimes, okay?" she told the girl as she fiddled absently with the straps of her hunting vinati that was knotted between her shoulder blades.

x

Azira
Prodigal Daughter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Syveris on November 7th, 2013, 1:39 pm

Syveris could see Azira was feeling guilty as she spoke, but she wouldn't stop. She had been right, then. The huntress was really thinking that she would manipulate her. She needed Azira to understand what she really meant. When the huntress apologized, she offered her a smile, shaking her head. "It's ok, don't worry too much about it. I guess it did sound like I was trying to manipulate you. But I wasn't." as long as Azira had truly understood what she meant, it was alright.

As Azira's shoulders dropped, Syveris' smile broadened. The other would go now, she was certain of it. She nodded at the huntress words. Yes, if she didn't like it, Syveris would leave the Inclement with her without even arguing. It wasn't her intention to make Azira do something she truly didn't want, she only wished to have fun. The Avora didn't answer, though. She had managed to get Azira to go to the Inclement Weather, and that was good enough.

"No need to rush, I'll wait." Syveris answered the other girl, looking for a place she could sit while she waited. Finding a chair, she sat down, hoping that Azira wouldn't mind. She was still smiling, sure that they would have a lot of fun. The Inclement could easily be the most uncomfortable place, even for the Avora, but only if the company was bad. Ta Avora remembered both times she had been to the Inclement, and while the first one had been almost humiliating, the second time had been incredible fun. She hoped that this time it would be just as fun, and Azira would hopeful enjoy the celebretion. It was something simple, really, just a night for relaxing with someone, but at least it was something. Humming a tone to herself, she waited for Azira to get ready.

x Poppy
Syveris
Emotional Glassworker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Azira on November 7th, 2013, 1:56 pm

Syveris had said that there was no rush so she was obviously willing to wait now that she'd won the battle yet the huntress felt rushed because the girl was sitting there waiting on her. She'd need to get dressed quickly or else she'd make herself anxious and that would ruin the evening, not just for her but also for Syveris, before it had even begun. 

Unfastening her vinati straps, she let them fall loose before pulling garment over her head and picking up the beautiful blue vinati that she'd gotten in the market, she slipped it over her head to replace the old one. This one was brighter against her skin, a more pleasing tone than the drab one she'd been wearing before. Like her hunting one though it tied behind the neck and so her fingers moved deftly to knot it tightly there. 

The teen had taken her hunting boots off earlier so as to better relax so she didn't need to pull them off to take off her bryda and slip on the new one. It hugged her hips tightly but wasn't uncomfortable and the legs flared out to leave the material loose and billowy at the bottom. The girl slipped on her new shoes, fastening them securely and then put her necklace on as a finishing touch.

"Done. We can go now," she told her friend without any real enthusiasm. She opened the door and beckoned for her to follow. "What do you think of it?" she asked of her outfit as they stepped out of her room, shutting the door behind them.

x

Azira
Prodigal Daughter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Syveris on November 7th, 2013, 7:39 pm

Syveris waited for the huntress to get ready. Even though she had said that there was no need to hurry, she hoped it would be fast, since she was getting more and more excited about it. Well, when she wasn't excited? The Avora's attention turned back to reality when she heard Azira speaking to her. Well, it had been fast.

She followed the other out of the room, and turned to face her as she heard the question. "You look wonderful." Syveris answered. She wasn't one to actually care about that, and so, it sometimes made her uncertain whatever a person could be considered good looking or if they fit the clothes they were wearing. However, she was sure Azira looked beautiful to anyone. It seemed as if her outfit was made for her. She smiled at the jewelry, the necklace really being beautiful together with the outfit. "Told you that jewelry was a good addition."

The Avora tried hard to keep her pacing at the same speed as the huntress', so they would be walking side by side through the Inner Warrens. She wanted to talk to break the silence, but she couldn't think of something to say. Maybe she should just focus on the night.

"So, what would you like to do on the Inclement?" she hoped the huntress wouldn't say 'drink'. Of course, if that was what she wanted, Syveris would do it, but she hoped it wasn't. The Avora had only drunk once, but it was enough to make her discover that she couldn't handle it too well.

When they finally reached the Inclement Weather, Syveris smiled at the entrance, taking a step back so Azira could lead the way. The huntress might want some time to gather her thoughts, or to simply prepare herself. Syveris had taken a few chimes last time to enter, and she wanted to give the opportunity to the other to do the same if she wished.

x Poppy
Syveris
Emotional Glassworker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Marrin on November 8th, 2013, 7:37 am

Todays hunt had been terrible, so terrible it made Marrin want to spit. He’d spent three days out in the Unforgiving, freezing his balls off without even the tracks of any animal to show for it. He’d nearly starved to death, stretching his rations so they’d last him the time out, hiking all over the mountainside without even the elk being out and about. He knew the bears had long since gone down for the winter, but he found it hard to believe that the cold snap had scared all the prey into their holes. Sure, the temperatures were freezing and any time it rained it snowed in sheets, but that didn’t mean there was no food to be found, right? None the less, his hopes had been dashed and his hunt had been fruitless.

He’d come to the Inclimate Weather to escape, to forget and to relax. He hadn’t had a good solid drink in a tenday and it was starting to get to him. Not to mention he needed to warm up a bit, the cold in his limbs still not leaving his body to be replaced by the warmth alcohol and time spent with a good woman brought with them. Head pounding and irritable, he’d made his way to the bar, taking one of the half- drunk drinks of one of the men passed out on the bar. It was sweet, too sweet for him, tasting of pineapple and cherry and making his tongue tingle.

He shook his head, waving over a barkeep. “Ivak’s Fire, give me an Ivak’s Fire.” The man looked surprised but got the ingredients together, and Marrin watched how he did it. He layered the three spirits; first the rum, then the dark brown liquor and the vodka, before setting it aflame. It burned a bright and very attractive blue, slowly flickering in the dim light of the club. Then he poured it all into a large mug, a gout of flames shooting up from the glass as he did but quickly becoming extinguished. Marrin smiled in wonderment, the entire science of bartending mystifying him completely.

”Here, you’ll want to drink that quickly,” he added as he slid the drink down the bar to Marrin, who caught the handle in his hand and spun the mug towards him.

”Thanks, mate.” He lifted the glass in a toast-like motion before pressing his lips to the edge. It was an interesting blend of warmth and cold, overwhelming his senses of temperature as he chugged the drink down. Marrin was well known for his ability to hold his liquor, a frequent flyer at the Inclimate Weather and a friend to a number of the common patrons. Drinking was one of his main ways of dealing with bad days, the other two being sleeping and hunting. And since the trouble had been hunting, and he was far too chilled to hit the sack quite yet, drinking became his only option.

His secret was the Ivak’s Fire, a burning cocktail that sent such odd sensations through his body he couldn’t manage to explain that it overwhelmed him. By sticking to a common regimen of these drinks he’d built a high tolerance over the past few years, and it had won him a good number of drinking contests. He was far from the best, but those who followed that sort of thing knew his name. If drinking were a recognized sport he’d hold the title of a “rising star”.

As the last of the drink slid down his throat and into his gut, he shivered with sensation. It had been far too long since he’d taken a night to relax, especially with all the trouble around Wind Reach lately. Things were starting to go south and everyone with an ear to the ground knew it, though it was hard to gauge just how bad it was from the outside like this. That uncertainty set the people into a constant state of unrest, of anxiousness that kept them all on their toes. That was unhealthy for Marrin, not to mention the population of hot headed carrot tops that Wind Reach had. That was likely why the place was so packed this evening. Eveyone was simply trying to escape the world by hiding in a cave with drugs, booze and sex.

”You know, you’ll need to drink four more of those to make it worth your pinion.” Marrin merely smiled.

”Keep ‘em coming, then.
"Speech in an italic font is spoken in Nari."
"Speech in unmodified font is spoken in Common."
"Speech in bold font is NPC speech."
Nonspeech text in italic font is internal dialog.
Marrin
Slave to an Unknown Destiny

Words: 94562
Joined roleplay: October 16th, 2013, 3:45 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Next