Completed [Stone Gardens] Small Girl and Smaller Girl (Taylani)

"You're twelve?! B-but you are taller than me! Thisss isss an outrage!"

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Stone Gardens] Small Girl and Smaller Girl (Taylani)

Postby Soshakuakamamushi on November 9th, 2013, 7:32 am

The Stone Gardens, 07th of Bell, 15th of Summer 507 A.V

It was early in the morning on the open-air Stone Gardens where a small girl with long black-hair tied into twin ponytails could be seen sitting on one of the benches. The Dhani in human form was warming up her cold-blooded body in the few open spaces in the huge Citadel city. "Aaaah~" Aka hissed in pleasure as she felt Syna's warm embrace coated over her. Aka was wearing her usual simple black robe tied by a red sash, there was actually a reason on why she chose black coloring for her clothes as somehow, she felt black absorb heat more than bright colors. It was one of her favorite colors to boot, black matches her equally very dark hair perfectly.

Aka rubbed her belly and glanced towards her lower body, remembering the encounter she had with the Dhani Knight named Ser Urisu. They accidentally met with each other while bathing in the Sacred Arch Hotprings, they had a chat, some arguments, which ended up into a... romantic time, driven by lust due to still-in-effect mating season. Aka put her right hand to brush her lips, oh how she longed to feel Urisu's lips on her again, wrestling their tongues together and joining their bodies in ecstasy. He was one of the few people who saw her as an adult woman instead of a young girl. Not many could look past the deceiving small look of Vipers and the fact Aka lacked any endowment whatsoever on her chest didn't help her case in not wanting to be seen as an underaged girl. She sighed, she wished more people would be aware on how a Dhani's form work, a human form Dhani meant the Viper was in her mature stage of life.

Shaking her had slightly and smiling like an idiot, Aka hoped she would see Ser Urisu again today, they parted ways after he carried her to the White Swan Inn and accompanied her until morning. She could understand though, he was a Knight and had lots of important duties than spending his time with a commoner like her. The Viper figured she would just have to resort in enjoying the warm morning light. The garden looked secluded enough and no one would mind seeing a - seemingly - young girl relaxing on a bench.

"common" | "snake-tongue" | "arumenic" | thoughts

Important Note: Aka is currently pregnant (with eggs, being a Dhani) at the moment and as such, her belly is slightly bulging and she moves noticeably slower than usual.
Soshakuakamamushi
Inferno Viper Queen

Words: 654684
Joined roleplay: June 30th, 2013, 7:14 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Overlored (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Taylani on November 9th, 2013, 8:25 am

A sudden noise from the east side of the gardens broke the stillness of the morning, a step that was at once demanding and petulant that only a pre-teen little girl could manage broke the peace. Enter a duo that at one glance could only be mother and daughter, though it could have been sisters if there was a massive age difference. The younger of the two was taller then the other by mere inches but considering she was just entering puberty she probably had another four to six inches on her already five foot four frame. Her body was willowy and lanky, and already one can tell she did not have a body that men often dreamed of. Too hard of muscle, too lean to be soft but such was the lot of a classical dancer and that is all this child wanted to be. Which was the source of the argument between the two.

The child's red hair was pulled back into a single braid that started at the crown of her head and fell to her middle back, the reds so light and vibrant that they almost could be called golden orange in the open sun. The older woman who stopped at five two had the exact same shade of red, though at the temples and streaking occasionally through the body was the start of greys. The physical similarities were stunning between the two, and even if one might not be able to tell through the stormy features of the younger, Taylani loved her doting mother dearly.

"Mother.. I can't wait for my morning exercises. It is not something one simply puts off." Taylani's young voice sounded across the gardens, her serviceable dress flouncing as if it was silk taffeta instead of unbleached coarse linen with her movements. "I have to do them every morning or else I lose limberness. I am already losing limberness mother!"

The older woman had the patient air about her that only a mother has when she has heard the same argument for the fifteenth time that morning. Though Angelia and her husband Sevestro did everything that they could to insure their daughter's dance dreams, Angelia was also practical. Dance might not be the only thing Taylani was able to do, so she was insistent that Taylani learn a little bit of jewel crafting. Which she had already explained thrice to the younger of the two and she refused to do so again. Her work worn hands held a jewelers case, inside were objects she would need to teach Taylani a technique of polishing a gem.

As they passed a bench that a young girl that at first glance appeared to be a child due to her diminutive size, Angelia almost dismissed her as such until they grew closer. One brow raised and she took the chance to curb her daughters willfulness "Tay-Lani." Whenever she put a break between the two syllables of her daughter's name, Taylani immediately came to attention. It meant that her mother was on the last straw and restriction was imminent. "You are disturbing another person's peace and quiet, for your own selfish reasons. You will exercise after we have our jewelry lesson and not a moment sooner. Now apologize." Angelia's tone was firm, and though her faded blue eyes held great love for her daughter, her posture brooked no defiance.

Taylani lips pressed together tightly before a heavy sigh is given, however when she speaks her tones are respectful and not at all petulant, for all that she refused to look up from the grasses beneath her feet. "Sorry for disturbing your morning." She said, her words flowing easily as if she had said the same words many times before.

Taylani
Captivated

Words: 541241
Joined roleplay: September 7th, 2013, 4:41 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Soshakuakamamushi on November 9th, 2013, 4:43 pm

Aka almost closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep, the air was so peaceful it would not hard for someone to fall to the dreamscapes in such a comforting warm light. The Viper yawned, stretching her arms upwards as she grunted. She had nothing to do for today, Galbern said he wanted to discuss some - boring - magic theories with the local magecrafter named Deva-something. Aka couldn't be bothered to remember, she abhorred world magic and their convoluted theories. The Viper preferred actual practice rather than sitting down all day reading books. After this little nap session, she planned on going to the woods to practice her reimancy. Who knows, perhaps she could meet with Ser Urisu again and the would... "Ehehe... what would be the odds?" If they did meet, Aka would dare herself to ask for his companionship once more. She was sure Urisu would oblige if he's not so caught up in his duties, mating season drastically altered the Viper's behavior regarding intimacy.

Aka opened her eyes when she felt a presence near her. Her scarlet slits then found not one, but two human females facing her. "Er...?" Aka scratched her head in confusion, what did these redheads want? Both of their hairs looked more golden than red, while Aka's eyes were in the color of deep scarlet. It could be mistaken as blood for those who only gave a glance. The duo was strange to say the least, the shorter of them looked older than the taller one. "....oh..." She realized something and immediately felt some kind of connection with the shorter, older one. They were both most likely old women - Aka's true age was considered very old by human standards - with petite build. I feel you... She thought to herself. Still, the matter on what were they doing standing in front of her in the first place was still largely unanswered.

The older woman spoke to the younger one, most likely calling her by name. Taylani huh? Quaint. Human names were always so short and incomplete, they needed to separate their names into multiple words. The Dhani found it to be unnecessary, why would one split one's name where a single word containing one's mother's name and own name was superior in every single aspect? Most non-Dhanis she met had a hard time spelling her name, it was their fault to not have any knowledge about the glorious Snake-tongue language.

Back to the duo, they looked so alike Aka immediately assumed they were mother and daughter, judging by how aged the shorter one was. If she looked younger, they would really be seen as sisters. "Er..." Aka didn't know on what to say, the older one scolded the younger one for 'disturbing' Aka and told her to apologize. The thing was, Aka didn't feel disturbed at all. She appreciated the gesture though, but it made the other woman looked bad. Yes, the Viper assumed the taller girl was a woman as she was taller than her. The Viper didn't see Taylani as a little girl as well... Aka looked like a little girl herself. "Eh, no problem." She waved her right hand, looking at the redheaded humans, they now could see Aka's eyes were not normal, they were in the shape of reptilian slits. On both of her palms were also curious eye-shaped scar marks she got from her reimancy initiation.

"I wonder though, I'm not feeling disssturbed at all. Hmmm... tell me, are you mother and daughter? I sussspect you are a grandmother." Aka assumed Taylani was already married and had children to boot so logically, her mother would be a grandmother. In her rather sleepy mind, she used her Viper standards in determining Taylani's age through her physical appearance, not realizing humans were mostly larger and bigger than Viper Dhanis. Aka slowly stood up, finding herself to be the shortest of the group. She grumbled before sitting back down on the bench, she didn't want to be seen as a little girl. "Anywaysss!" She quickly altered the topic even if the humans didn't point out her height due to her insecurities. "What are you doing here? Taking a ssstroll?"

Important Note: Aka is currently pregnant (with eggs, being a Dhani) at the moment and as such, her belly is slightly bulging and she moves noticeably slower than usual.
Soshakuakamamushi
Inferno Viper Queen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Taylani on November 9th, 2013, 5:03 pm

The moment the other looked up Taylani had happened to raise her chin as well and caught sight of the slitted red eyes. Angelia had already noticed and as Taylani instinctively took a step back in surprise the older of the two swiftly caught the dancer's wrist to keep her in place. While Taylani had never directly met a Dhani herself, Angelia had and saw the telltale eyes with a calm countenance. Dhani were not inherently dangerous like a normal snake that could not reason when it was or wasn't in real danger though they could be just as deadly. Angelia knew that just like humankind there were those who were killers and those who were not. In Syliras she trusted the Knights to keep out the bad elements of all races and thus had little worry.

"Mama.." Taylani breathed quietly her blue eyes that were not faded like her mothers were widened and she stopped mid-step once her mother's hand caught her wrist tightly. The jewelry bag was pressed into her hand,

"Go spread out the work area Tayla." Angelia instructed her, pointing to a spot in the grass not too distant from the bench. "Mind you watch the stones in the bag, don't lose one."

Turning back toward the Dhani Angelia let a laugh fall from her lips at the others' assumption on her status in the family. She and her husband had despaired of ever having children, spending most of their marriage strangely childless, not a single pregnancy until she was closer to forty then thirty. "No I am not a grandmother though many often assume I am hers rather then her mother. She is but twelve, tall for her age. My name is Angelia, and that little ball of pre-teendom is Taylani."

Both Angelia and Taylani wore dresses that were simple and plain, Taylani's parents spending most of their free money to allow her dance and singing lessons. But neither of them looked as if they were worse for wear, and Taylani bounded back up with the energy of the young once she finished laying out the kit.

After her first moment of discernment at the sight of the unfamiliar eyes, Taylani's curiosity took over. "Mama is going to make me do jewelry stuff again." The twelve year old answered the others' question before her mother could. "It's boring. Why are your eyes like that? I have never seen eyes like that. I seen a Vantha eyes that were red but they-" Taylani's ramble was hushed quickly by Angelia's hand on her arm once more. Just a year ago Angelia would have laid her arm on Taylani's shoulder to quieten her but Taylani had shot up over her head so she settled for the arm. "Hush Taylani." She chided the rudeness in her daughter's questions.

Taylani
Captivated

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Soshakuakamamushi on November 9th, 2013, 5:38 pm

"...." The tallest of the group suddenly became timid when they made eye contact. Aka wondered why, was there something on her face? The Viper used her left hand to rub her face, but feeling nothing out of the ordinary. So what was it? She didn't realize it was her reptilian eyes that intimidated Taylani, she didn't get to ponder either as her attention was mostly focused in seeing the interesting act between the mother and her daughter. She held Taylani's wrist as if the girl would bolt away if she was allowed to do so. Seriously, what's up with her? She approached me then... she's afraid of me? Aka scratched her head with her right hand.

"Work?" Now the Viper got even more curious, what kind of work would they do in a place like this? The thought of them being stonemasons did cross her mind but she immediately dismissed it. With that kind of build, they couldn't be masons unless they used magic like reimancy to manipulate the earth. What the Viper noticed was that Knights strictly controlled the use of magic inside the Fortress, Aka wanted to complain at first but Galbern warned her about them being visitors and Syliras was their city, she needed to keep her tongue in check lest they would both be kicked out at best or... executed at worst. Aka shuddered, these knights sure didn't spare any tolerance towards magic. In conclusion, she also crossed the possibility of the human females being reimancers. This only got her even more curious on the true nature of their 'work'.

The old woman's laughter brought herself from Aka's self-induced trance, the fact about Taylani's mother not being a grandmother didn't surprise her, what surprised her was... that Taylani was a mere twelve years old. "W-w-what?!" Aka couldn't contain her shock, a twelve year old girl was taller than her? This was an outrage! "T-twelve? How can she be twelve?! It'sss imposssible!" She didn't care if she was being rude or not, but the notion of Taylani being a preteen with towering height was so absurd Aka forgot all notions of courtesy.

The Viper stood up and examined the girl. "No... How can thisss be?" She almost slipped up, Aka felt jealousy creeping in her mind. If she could, she wanted to demand Taylani to share some of her height... through any means necessary. "I... I can ssstill grow, I can ssstill grow." She muttered under her breath. It wasn't very effective though as the logical part of her mind knew she had reached her adulthood couple of years ago, that meant she was at the peak of her growth. She couldn't grow any taller.

"Hsss..." She hissed in annoyance at seeing the girl regained her cheerfulness. She explained her job of being related to jewel stuffs. Oh... shinies. The Viper, like most proud and haughty females of her race, liked to have some kind of valuables to show off her status. Eyktol had a lot of gems, mostly produced by the Eypharian. She had always admired the flamboyant and colorful clothing in Ahnatep; but alas, as much as she liked them, they were not efficient or comfortable for travelling. Back to the matter at hand, Aka finally found out the reason behind Taylani's fearful glance earlier. It was because of her eyes, she should have known that some humans clearly didn't appreciate the reptilian beauty represented in her scarlet slits.

Aka stared back to the taller girl, her scarlets contrasted greatly with Taylani's blue. "There'sss nothing wrong with my eyesss, girl. Dhanisss often have it... do you know about usss or do I have to explain from the beginning?" Aka put both of her hands to her waist and slightly cocked it to the side. "And what'sss a Vantha now?" Being someone who lived in a hot desert for the most part of her life, she didn't have knowledge about the aurora people who lived in the fronze city of Avanthal. Maybe they were some kind of race she wasn't familiar about who also had red eyes. "They have red eyesss too? Nice."

Aka glanced to Taylani's mother, she seemed polite and nice enough. Aka assumed she knew about her race. "Ssso, human Madame, you know about my kind? Er... what'sss your name?" To keep calling her 'human Madame' didn't feel right. "I'm Soshakuakamamushi." She flaunted her name for a tick before smirking, fully realizing it would take the humans some time to learn on comprehending her full name alone. "But you can call me Aka."

"I think your daughter isss afraid of me, am I that ssscary?" Seriously, her being scary was the last thing she could think of. She was short, small, and all around very delicate-looking. People would be afraid if she started showing her flames, but she was sure she didn't show or reveal to the humans about her reimancy.

"Anywaysss, tell me, how can ssshe be so tall? I uuh... want to know for.. persssonal reasonsss. Alssso, how do you make jewelsss around here?" She felt like an interrogator, but she couldn't help it. These two humans turned out to be different from the faceless average joes swarming the Citadel.

Soshakuakamamushi
Inferno Viper Queen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Taylani on November 9th, 2013, 6:01 pm

Taylani let her brow raise when the Dhani stood up, though a heated blush spread across her cheeks when the other was beginning to demand things about her height. She was already taller then many of the other children her age, even the boys! Her mother kept assuring her that the boys would catch up in a year or two, but that didn't stop Taylani from hating how it made her feel when the other kids teased her. However her dance instructor made it better by exclaiming how gifted Taylani was with her height. Dancers wanted long legs, and lean torso's, and the twelve year old wouldn't say anything to anyone about studying how other girls her age were blooming while she remained as straight and flat as a board. Just that thought helped the blush raise.

Angelia stepped just a little toward Taylani, not quite standing directly in front of the Dhani between her daughter and the reptilian race, but simply inserting her presence. "I assure you she is twelve. Humans grow at different rates. and far different sizes. Her father is well over six foot five, a rather tall lanky man. She takes after him it seems." Angelia spoke calmly, but again inserted the brisk tones that mothers often use when they want to make it clear that their words were true. "It is nothing other then genetics, and she is rather self conscious of her height. Not yet appreciating the blessing it will be in just a few years when she has reached adulthood."

Taylani crosses her arms over her breast, huffing just a little thinking that it would be much nicer if some of the growing she has done would be less in the legs and more... She abruptly cut that thought off before she could make herself blush even harder. Stupid fair skin always flushed so easily. When the Dhani and her mother broke for a space from discussing her height, Taylani interjected quickly "Vantha are humans from the cold north. They have red eyes, green eyes, purple eyes, their eyes change colors. It is spectacular!"

Angelia smiles patiently, but gave her daughter a look that broght Taylani to heel. "Yes I know about the Dhani, though most of the ones I have came in contact with were the...constrictor type." The older redhead eyed the other woman carefully, she didn't know everything about the race but she did know that constrictors tended toward the burly side. She blinked once at the other woman's name, but waited patiently for the shorter version and she repeats her own name. Perhaps in the fuss of finding out her tall daughter was only twelve she had not heard the introduction. "My name is Angelia, and she is Taylani. We were just sitting down to discuss gems and different cuts of gems and practice setting them."

Taylani
Captivated

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Soshakuakamamushi on November 10th, 2013, 2:39 pm

Aka couldn't keep her eyes off the tallest, but oddly youngest, female of the trio. She was tall and lean, perfect to be a dancer. The Viper could do some acrobatic moves herself, but she mainly used them for hunting and combat, she didn't care for the 'beauty' of movements, she cared for swiftness and agility to avoid the weapons of her enemies. Aka's eyes wandered to the girl's chest, at least she could take solace in that she was as flat as the Viper herself. Oh heh... at least she also shared my... lack of endowment. She didn't want to admit it out loud, but Aka realized her chest had no the much desired swellings commonly found in teenage and adult females of all races she had met so far. The Viper noticed the girl was blushing, why did she blush? Aka scratched her head before shrugging it off.

"Hmph..." Aka crossed her arms over her chest, her stubborn mind refusing to believe Taylani was actually twelve, surely she was in her mid twenties. The mention of her father only annoyed her further, so the daughter inherited the height, oh how she wished she was a few inches taller. just a few inches, was that asking too much? Aka clicked her tongue, begrudgingly accepted Taylani's age. When the mother told that Taylani was 'self-conscious' about her height, The Viper gave an annoyed glance at the tallest girl with her slitted scarlet eyes. "Oh hey, girl! You ssshould be grateful you are tall! Jussst... look at me. Heh..." Great, she was going into a fit of self-pity but she just couldn't let this ungrateful girl go. "Do you want to be like me? Jussst ssso you know, I'm over one hundred sssprings old and before you asssk, I'm not kidding."

The girl's blushes also annoyed her, everything about the girl - except her chest - annoyed her. She got the height and she hadn't even reached her peak of growth yet. "Why do you keep blussshing? You like my height or sssomething? You know... perhapsss we can trade? You be ssshort, I be tall, how'sss that?" It was obviously a rhetorical question as Aka didn't know of any magic capable of switching heights short of a divine intervention. The Viper brushed one of her ponytails to behind her shoulder as she huffed again.

"Oh... nice, rainbow eyesss, eh?" The new information about these 'Vanthas' were interesting to say the least. She wanted to find out more on the nature of the aforementioned color-changing eyes, perhaps she would find one of these Vanthas in the future. "Know any Vantha around? I want to meet them." The girl knew about them, surely she had met one of them before with the way she spoke so highly of them. She was also interested about them being from the 'cold north', being a desert dweller, Aka couldn't fathom on how sane people could even think of living in the cold. "Their home soundsss awful. Cold? Hsss." She would die of frostbite the moment her cold-blooded body stepped into wherever frozen place the Vanthas called 'home' was.

"Oh you know, good then." The Viper visibly relaxed, if this older woman knew about Dhani and didn't run away from her in fear at first sight then she was not one of those snake-hating humans. The reputation of her race was not exactly good in some of the cities she visited, Aka didn't exactly know why, maybe it was because some of her kind worshipped the torture-loving sadistic Serpent Queen Siku. At the mention of 'constrictor', Aka blushed again as her thoughts went to Ser Urisu the Dhani Knight. She smiled sheepishly like an idiot before realizing the presence of Taylani and her mother.

"Uh uhm... yeah, I met one conssstrictor here. Ser Urisu the Syliran Knight. Perhapsss you know of him?" Maybe Aka could thank the male constrictor for showing the general Syliran populace that not all Dhani were sadistic cruel back-stabbing snakes. "Like I sssaid, I'm a Viper Dhani, we are not giantsss like them but we are fassst and have venom that can kill very quickly. There isss actually one more sssub-race called 'Rattlersss', they are half-asssed. Not strong and big like Conssstrictorsss, not fast and agile like Vipersss either. Their venom isss alssso puny." In her eyes, Rattlers were the most perplexing of all the Dhani race. Their abilities were like watered down version of both Constrictors and Vipers to the point where it would be rather pointless and ineffective. She forgot about the powerful skull-bashing thick tail of theirs though.

"Okay, Angelia and I know about your daughter, you sssaid her name already." Aka was sure this woman was younger than her and she was a non-Dhani, the Viper didn't feel the need to respect her like she would to the elders of her race. Dhani were known for their pride and Aka was not an exception. "Oh, tell me more about thessse 'gemsss'. Isss it different from the one in Ahnatep? Back there, the Eypharian had lotsss of gemsss and I mean lotsss!" She wanted to see if Syliran gems could even match up to the beautiful Eypharian jewellery. "Ssshow me."

Soshakuakamamushi
Inferno Viper Queen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Taylani on November 10th, 2013, 8:02 pm

Taylani listened to the Dhani, slightly feeling affronted at the other woman's words and drawing up to her full height instinctively, raising her chin defiantly. This might not have been the best thing in the world to do since apparently the other had a problem with her height but it is not as if it was Taylani's fault that she was taller then average. If she had her druthers she wouldn't tower over the other girls her age, that she didn't have boys gawking at her having to look up as if she was some freak.

She knew other girls who were just as tall as she, and gotten through it and she was sure she would too. Her mother was right. eventually the boys will catch up, and the girls that don't will eventually stop picking on her about her height. Though if the Dhani woman was any indication perhaps this is not as true as she had believed. She opened her mouth, her brows furrowed and Angelia knew that look well so stepped in, squeezing her fingers tighter around Taylani's wrist.

"Taylani is not to blame for her physical attributes. She did nothing to grow so quickly, nor for you to not quite reach a certain height." Angelia speaks quietly, but not rudely. Keeping a respectful edge to her tone, but also a bit of steel in there that she could not hide as she defended her daughter. "I am sure you are quite correct in your observations about Rattler Dhani, I have not met any but I am sure that they would not hold to your own prowess."

Angelia let go of Taylani's hand with a look to her daughter that spoke volumes, and Taylani deflated sighing and moving to the jewelry kit. Taylani sinks to the ground easily, her knees bending and her body flowing to the ground.

Angelia moved with her and continues speaking, "I didn't bring anything that would be very valuable, this being just a lesson. No need to be careless." Bending, she doesn't sit, Angelia picks up a dark box and opens. Inside sits different gems, colors of emerald and red, blues, and golds sparkled out as they are already cut and polished.

"These are cut in different ways, some are starburst, others are oval, there are still others that I want Taylani to try and identify. When she has done that we will discuss proper settings for each cut." Angelia moves back toward the Dhani, "Here Aka, would you like to look first?"

Taylani
Captivated

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Soshakuakamamushi on November 11th, 2013, 2:48 am

Aka looked disapprovingly mixed with envy when the youngest of the group stood tall, obviously using her height to intimidate her. "Yeah, yeah, I know you're tall... hmph." She looked away, her arms crossed over her chest. She was getting annoyed by the body of a tweleve years old while being over a hundred years old herself, Aka felt really pathetic, but she couldn't help it, the girl was too petching tall for her own sake.

Back in Eyktol, Aka was considered short even for a Viper Dhani which were the shortest of the three Dhani sub-races. In a matriarchal race of Dhanis were might means right in most cases, Aka didn't like being shorter than almost everyone in the nest... well at least the snakelings and younglings were smaller. Figurative sparks were now crackling as Aka stared directly into Taylani's eyes.

Angelina decided to step in like a true mother, Aka could give her some respect for that. She clearly knew what she was doing from experience in parenting, much like how a Dhani female took charge in a Nest. Of course, being arrogant and stubborn, Aka refused to believe the girl did nothing to make her so tall. Taylani might be taking some kind of drugs to boost her height for all Aka knew. "Yeah... I'm sssure." She mumbled, her tone sarcastic, not caring whether Taylani or Angelia could hear her. "...." The older woman's calm acceptance about Aka's views on Rattler actually silenced her, she couldn't get the feeling that Angelia was agreeing with her just to please her and get her to shut the petch up. The Viper brushed a strand of her black hair behind her hear, huffing. She was not interested in pushing the issue any further, she would gain nothing from it.

The Viper approached the little girl as she began to work on her jewellery kit. She decided to be the observer for now, seeing on how Syliran jewelcrafters would match up to the masters in Ahnatep. The Eypharian with their multiple hands could work with such efficiency and detail, she was sceptical a human with two limbs could do the same. When Angelia opened a small dark box, Aka's scarlet eyes figuratively shone, reflecting the light. All kinds of colors, but the red ones attracted her most. Aka reached out with her right hand to the box, not caring if it would be seen as rude. If Angelia didn't stop her, she would pick up the ruby-colored gem and examined it. "Oooh, ssshiny..."

"Tell me, how do you make thessse?" She had little clue on how jewels could be the pretty stones they were. She reckoned that gems looked bland and uninteresting in their natural form, did these jewelcrafters used magic?" As Angelia explained and Taylani worked, the Viper would observe them both.

Soshakuakamamushi
Inferno Viper Queen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Taylani on November 11th, 2013, 3:24 am

Taylani did her best to ignore the Dhani, not because she wasn't annoyed with the other woman's constant criticism of her height but because she was afraid of her mother. Not afraid that her mother would harm her, but her mother knew how to do things that seemed much worse then a cuff upside the head. Like taking away a dance lesson.

So she sits and pointedly avoided looking at the Dhani, though she rolled her blue eyes carefully when the Dhani asked if she and her mother made these. Of course they didn't make these, did they look like miners to the Dhani? But she didn't say anything to Aka, instead she takes the handful of gems Angelia had handed her. "This one is ...rose cut." She set aside a green gem that was small but had a blossom-like pattern in the depths of the stone. "It is emerald." Taylani sets it aside and picks up a red-hued colored gem, "This one is not an emerald but it is emerald cut. It is a Garnet. This one is Opal cut and it is an Amber. This one is...I am not sure...what is this one Mama?" Taylani held a white opaque stone up for Angelia to see, the last stone in her hand. "That one is quartz and it is multifaceted, so it doesn't get cut it gets polished only." Angelia smiled at Taylani's annoyed look at her little trick test she slipped in.

Turning to Aka, Angelia gives a raised brow and thinks that this might be a learning process with her and her daughter. "That is a Garnet as well, and its heart cut though it doesn't look like a heart. It is simply the name of how I cut it. I don't make them, I just cut and polish them. Miners get them from the ground, and other places." Flipping her red hair over her shoulder, Angelia smiled and sat down beside Taylani. "Taylani will be more then happy to make that into a brooch..or perhaps a pretty necklace if you would perhaps teach her a little bit about the viper Dhani?"

Taylani
Captivated

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Next