Solo The buying of a horse.

Revy decides to finally buy a horse.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Known as the Celestial Seat, Nyka is a religious city in Northern Sylira. Ruled by four demigods and traversed by a large crevice, the monk-city is both mystical and dangerous. [Lore]

The buying of a horse.

Postby Revy Hiroe on November 13th, 2013, 12:09 am

70th day, Fall 513 AV

A woman, dressed in a white shirt with a dark blue leather skirt, walked through Nyka. Today she was dead set on getting herself a horse... and getting over her fright of them. She wanted to be able to ride together with Sayren, and if need be, flee Nyka on it's back along with her possessions. After all, if people only saw her left shoulder, they'd know that she worships Myri.

Anyway, after a while, she finally... yes finally, because she still got lost a couple times, made it over to the stables. A reason that might have made her lose her way quite a number of times, was the training she had done with Sayren the past seven days... and then not only with the longsword. They still enjoyed each other quite enough in the bed as well.

Of course she didn't hesitate to enter and looked around for a bit before she noticed someone. It was a girl, looking in her twenties, or well... so Revy guessed. She was busy tending to one of the horses, brushing it gently along it's flank. That horse seemed to be in good condition, but she didn't really know for sure. The mercenary didn't have an eye for horses after all.

Anyway, Revy had to call out to her, to attract her attention. "Hello? I'm here to purchase a horse. Do I need to talk to you? Or is there someone else I need to talk to?", she asked.

Sam looked over her shoulder and noticed a woman in the stables. She wanted to purchase a horse? Sure she could help. Mister grumpy Matteo wouldn't help her one bit for sure. "I'll help you select a horse. So what did you have in mind? We got a select few races here and there should surely be one that would suit your needs."

Revy thought for a little and then replied: "Well, I'm looking for a loyal horse, not too old if possible and one that isn't hard to ride. It should be able to carry some weight and not run at the sight of a little bit of combat." Her last horse, scaredy cat horse, was everything but what she just named. Oh it returned to her after a battle.... after a day of wandering. Usually it had a bit of stuff of her with him too, which in turn made it hard and annoying to spend the night.

Sam thought for a second and then thought of the more rare horses right away, but maybe this woman would be interested in some of the others. She started to show Revy the few mixed breeds, but they were all rejected. The tidal pony was too small and she hated the patterns on the colorsplash and painted mount. "Well... we only have a Sungold and two Ravok Bloodbanes. Personally, I would go with the Sungold as they are intelligent creatures. They bond with their riders, if they're young, and can anticipate what you want. Also, they don't need tack to be driven.
If you are looking for a more war orientated horse, the bloodbanes are more for you. While the ones we have aren't purebred, they still are vicious horses. They're loyal to their rider, fast, but have to eat meat. I personally don't recommend these two, because... they can be really hard to handle. You'd need a firm hand to keep them in line."
, she explained

After mulling it over a little, and taking a good look at that Sungold, Revy was sold. She was going to buy that Sungold. "I'd like to purchase the Sungold if it is possible. They don't require tack right? Because you explained that a bit ago? What should I do if I'd want to put on some saddle bags. After all, I might do some traveling in the future and I would love to be able to take all my possessions with me.", she asked.

Oh that was an easy to answer question, for Sam at least. "If you just use a saddle pad and put the bags over it, your sungold won't feel the bags dig into it's flesh, while you are still able to take some baggage along. I'll go call Matteo now. Please wait here for a second.", she said shortly before she went to see Matteo.

Once she came back with Matteo, which was rather fast because Matteo was already coming over, she introduced Matteo: "Miss, this is Matteo Avan, owner of the stables. He'll go over the purchase of the Sungold."

Matteo didn't even wait for Revy to answer and asked bruskly: "Do you have the cash to pay for that horse? You seem like a trustworthy customer. I assume you'll take good care of it. You can stable it here for a small fee each season, or take care of it yourself. Either way, it'll be 500 gm for that horse."

Revy couldn't really keep up with him, he spoke in rather rapid succession, but it seemed that he did care for where his horses ended up. "I've brought enough money to pay for it, so I would like to purchase it. Also, is it possible to add in a saddle pad and a saddle? I've got to learn how to ride a horse before I'm going to ride it bareback."

Of course that was no problem. It just meant a bit more mizas in the pocket of Matteo. "Of course I could add those for you. Is there anything else you would like? Price for stalling it till the end of season is 9 GM. If you opt for this, the total price would be 520 GM."

After mulling it over a little, Revy thought that would be best. First she had to learn how to ride Rosalind, yes she decided on that name already, before she could learn how to take care of her. After she forked over the 520 gm, man that hurt her wallet, she walked over to Rosalind, trying to smile warmly at it. She was still a little scared, but she should get over that fear, if she wanted to ride together with Sayren. "Hey there beauty, from today onwards, you're my horse. I promise to take good care of you, ok? I'll be back tomorrow. We could ride then maybe.", she said softly.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Words: 394139
Joined roleplay: August 18th, 2011, 7:13 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

The buying of a horse.

Postby Edreina on March 24th, 2014, 2:04 am

Revy

Lores Gained
  • Sungold: Intelligent and Mild
  • Bloodbane: Fierce and Loyal

Notes
No skills to update here, sorry. But, you got a horse! Be sure to update your inventory and ledger to reflect the prices!

~Please be sure to edit your grade request!~
Edreina
Unbound

Words: 1079180
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2013, 1:40 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Lore Author (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)