Hypnomantic Design

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Hypnomantic Design

Postby Miro on November 29th, 2013, 6:54 am

Miro scowled nervously as the plate was activated to be absorbed into the scroll. Alric's magic was truly powerful. After the Hypnotist finished loading his spell, the ice that made the sigil's containing barrier began to crack, and light began to escape from within. The wizard rapidly placed the opened scroll and placed it focus to focus with the plate. He spoke the command, "Trigger release." Upon activation the plate began to crumble from the outside in, along with an aura of lights that flowed through the switch and out the release focus. The transfer of Djed caused the wizard's hands to tingle with excitement until the plate was gone.

The Reimancer placed the scroll back in its leather casing before storing it in his pack. Thing were progressing quite rapidly, and so far his Glyphing had held up well. It showed promise for taking down Gru'tral, though the worst was yet to come. With the scroll done for the day, Alric was dismissed. "You're right, it was definitely a test in my Glyphing technique. Okay Alric, you have done your part and the scroll is perfect, I am sure of it. Two more days of this, and then we get serious. Remember, we are only getting started. After our small scrolls are filled, the main event, a five day large scroll. But by the time we finish with that, we are nearly done. You should have it easy."

Miro laughed as he walked over to shed his robe and return to meditation. "You know Alric, I couldn't do this without you. You will be putting in a lot more Djed than I to our product. However I will say that I did offer us the ability to spend it, and designs for our glorious bridge technique. I am willing to call it even if you are, but will accept that I have you to thank for our success. Truly if one of us is expendable in this, it is myself. Your Hypnotism will be the key to our success, as well as your other talents. I will be meditating, but available if you need me. We will continue our business tomorrow."

The wizard closed his eyes and began redirecting the Djed flux from his body to his mind. He reached the heightened state of mind and thought over the process of creating the most recent scroll. He ran the technique through his mind over and over again, looking for ways to improve it, and even some extra precautions he would take. After half a bell he had satisfied his curiosities and released the Flux spell. His mind settled once again and he began the process of counting. It was not long before Miro's mind was still and he was at peace.

66th of Fall, 513 AV

"Miro the sun is rising, time to get started for the day." Today Ender was already sealed on Miro's wrist, though quiet the entire time his master was meditating. The wizard assumed he was doing meditation of his own, which was mostly accurate. The Irylid enjoyed taking time to reflect on the world around him and make sense of his place within it. There had to be more than being a Familiar. It was a world of magics and gods. Mortals who could become immortal with the right fate. Being partnered with such a promising soul, Ender hoped as well to find meaning within this world still new to him.

The Chained One already knew his place however. To serve the gods who had provided for him. Uldr who he owed his continued existence in unlife, and Rhysol who provided the glorious city of Ravok. It was home to the chaotic wizard, and only one of many reason the Betrayer was worthy of idolization. He would serve his unholy lords faithfully and find his destiny within their power and influence. It was the fate Uldr had drawn for him that day in branding Miro with Returning. His cravings of power and domination would have it no other way.

The Reimancer took his staff in hand and recreated the plate from yesterday. He began to expel Res from the tip of the staff and form the plate. He envisioned the sigil, which by now had been memorized, and the process moved through his mind naturally. He created the containing barrier, a set of interwoven and overlapping chains, and then arranged the outermost ring, a set of ten focuses side by side. This part the most difficult. He created a new unique snowflake for each focus. At the top he created a set of barriers to form a path toward the center of the sigil.

He created the main focus, the same highly detailed Black Sun mural with hollowed core. Within it a barrier in the form of a ring with a chain of runic symbols. One last ring inside of it, the switch. As usual it contained a set of curved and opposing line in a weave. The center circle would be the release focus, created by wrapping four circles around a central axis. The process of creating the even the most difficult runes seemed easy in the recreation. He had spent enough time with the magic that learning blueprints for sigils had become second nature.

The last rune in the sigil was the trigger, contained within the outermost barrier. It was programmed to release the separation barrier and combine the spells. The enhanced spell would then be released from the central focus when the command, "Trigger release," was spoken. Inside of the circular space he created two overlapped and opposing triangles, and within their center was a small runic symbol. He transmuted the plate to rock and the Glyphing to ice. It was reproduced, identical to the former, all but the snowflakes.

Miro considered filling also a previously made scroll he kept tucked away in case of dire need. It could serve to be a worthy cause to give Alric an offensive Reimancy spell for self defense. Though the risk it carried also was cause for caution, for it could easily mean the end of his friend. Offensive Reimancy was the most dangerous spell a wizard could store in a focus. But that could be inquired about later. For now he had magic to apply. Again he attempted to reproduce his magic from the day prior. Only now it would be Hypnotism.

The Hypnotist started with suggestions. The messages would be channeled until the each of the runes were completely filled. He placed Ionu's Light to each rune in succession with each effect. "I do not want to fight", "I do not want to die", "I should surrender", "I have already lost", and finally, "I am powerless." After the last spell finished he relaxed his Djed. He continued with the five emotional responses channeled in the remaining focuses. Feelings of submission, compliance, fear, anxiety and despair, just as he had before. Though unlike before he did not feel winded from the process. He seemed to be adjusting to the spells.

His part of the work was done in nearly half the time it had taken him yesterday. He was not nearly as fatigued either, as the Reimancy had gone quite smoothly. However he would not be able to tell the integrity of the sigil until Alric did his part. He waited for his partner to be ready and spoke to him. "Same as yesterday, fill the sigil and I will transfer it to the scroll. Then we are done." Though he was unsure if he would return to his meditation for another night or begin to prowl at night. He had a few things creeping into his mind he thought to attend to. Though it was decided it couldn't hurt to wait another day.
Miro
Not quite Nuit, just a little undead.

Words: 1238727
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2011, 7:52 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Hypnomantic Design

Postby Alric Wilmot on November 30th, 2013, 9:10 pm

After Alric was dismissed, he went about his day as normal, working on Animation, and enjoying a long walk. He went window shopping, and even went to visit the slave market, to see if he might fancy any. The day would soon come when he could afford one. They were all so droll, though, he left soon after arriving. They seemed to believe their fate the worst imaginable, which was quite depressing. Especially since Alric knew other wise. But they would learn to find happiness soon. In fact, everyone would.

When the sun began to descend Alric followed suit and went to bed, ready to wake the next morn and preform as he had this day.

66th of Fall 513 AV

Alric woke, ready to continue his part. He quickly got dressed and washed, and decided to work on his animation studies as he did so before moving out of his room to help Miro. He was confident that this would work out, not the least of which was because of his confidence in his own abilities.

He greeted Miro, and was told that it was the same as the previous day. With a nod of understanding, Alric got to work.

Alric closed his eyes and sat on the floor, his legs crossed. He began focusing on feelings, first. Mood setters and the like always came first. Submission, deference, humility, servility, and acquiescence all came first. He sucked his breath in, and imagined a bubble. Then he released his breath and the bubble expanded. He focused on the plate then, and sent a tendril of djed to it, as if he were hypnotizing a person. He sent in emotional responses at first, subtle and ignored if the person was aware of what was happening. He then sent in the same feelings, only this time as emotional surges. Impossible to ignore, but quite obviously alien to those of great will. He then sent a flash of a first person perspective of bowing down to himself. He sent the sensations of joy and euphoria at the flash, and then sent it in again, and again. Finally, he began to give his speech. The greatest of his works all had suggestion and emotions filled with convincing rhetoric. Alric was confident he could persuade anyone with his power over hypnosis.

"Bow down to me now and realize my power. Acknowledge my right to rule. Your life has been naught but empty meaningless suffering until now, and I am the one to break you of your bonds. I can give you satisfaction! I can give you happiness. Your life is empty and meaningless and causes only suffering. You give consent to be governed by those who hate you, despise you. You let those who would cast you aside with narry a thought rule over you and guide your fate!

Abandon them, and realize that your loyalty should belong to me and me alone. I am Alric Evelyn Wilmot, and I am the only lord you need! Bow down and know that I am your Lord and ruler, I am your god! I can give you peace, joy, happiness. Think now, on all you have desired over the years, think of these things. Money? Power? Love? I can provide all of these things and more."

Alric then sent in vivid hallucinations of large piles of gold and silver, piled high and surrounding the unknown individual. Mountains of gems and jewelry, climbed high into a starlit sky. He created a long table, filled with every delicacy he knew. Roast chicken, mutton and lamb, and fish all swimming in gravy. He conjured every pie and cake he had ever seen, and even created their tastes if they would give in and take a bite. He produced lovely serving women, and even men in case he encountered a woman. He produced beautiful women all about him as well, all of different shapes heights and races. Isur, Konti, Symenestra, and Charodae for those with a taste for exotic. He conjured Inartan and Benshiran and even normal humans as well, for those with a taste for the familiar. But they were untouchable. And the hallucination would fall when they were touched.

"I can give you contentment, and paradise. So bow down to me now, and I will let you serve me. And in my service, you may find this paradise. You may hold on to your illusion of freedom briefly, but know this. Freedom is a lie, and all men are slaves. All of us serve another, even the gods are but pawns to other gods. So you may keep your freedom, the freedom to fail, the freedom to starve, and the freedom to live a life of hardship and strife, or you may come to me and become my loyal subject, my loyal servant. You may become my loyal slave, and experience true bliss. Do you want to join in ecstasy? Do you want to experience true jubilation? Then Obey me, the Lord Alric Evelyn Wilmot.

Alric felt his djed drain quickly, as if it were being sucked out of him. It felt as if he were a leech full of blood, and had had his side punctured, all the precious life-giving blood flowing out. He quickly felt fatigued and sluggish. Casting an obsession was a once a day event, having far too much power and dominating Alric's attention. He was on the verge of what he could safely cast in one day. And he knew that he was done. He needed rest, or he would give in to overgiving of the worst kind. He let the plate be filled, and then stood up and back, a slight sway in his stance. This was it for today, tomorrow would have to be for the next obsession.
"I'm Speaking"
"I'm speaking and using hypnosis"
I'm implanting thoughts using hypnosis
I have implanted an Obsession
Alric Wilmot
The Last Wilmot

Words: 375060
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2011, 12:05 am
Blog: View Blog (7)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)

Hypnomantic Design

Postby Miro on December 2nd, 2013, 5:32 am

67th of Fall, 513 AV

"Let us finish this Ender. One more day of Glyphing, then several days break while Alric finishes his main scroll. However after that, I have to work hard and finish mine." The wizard had finished his meditation early and could stand no longer to be still. It was becoming harder and harder to be confined to a room. A room without present domination, just the promise of it in the future. And though the stock of his power was growing, it was little in compensation when he was unable to use it for his own benefit.

The Chained One's mind flooded with thoughts, cravings, darkness. The hunger was coming back. He looked down at the Final Peace, his gloved hand, and he knew that before long the desires would consume him. And he would consume his desires. It had been a while since the undead saw the mortal he fancied. Just thinking of her innocent little eyes, soft skin, round cheeks, and the way that her hair was almost as tall as her, it made him grin. There was just something about her that drew him in. Though he had kept the urges to take her for his own form overwhelming him, he knew soon he could not.

Though it was nearly time to begin. Though it was still dark, and Alric was fast asleep. Just as well, the man knew how to do his part by now. Though the Reimancer might not even be around for the filling of Alric's sigil. He was not needed after all, and desperately needed to tend to his business. It would not be long now before his mind would be consumed entirely. This would mean that he would not be able to produce any more of the sophisticated spells that they would rely on, and be reduced to only the most savage and instinctual uses of his primary disciplines.

Miro took his staff in hand and began to produce his Res. He envisioned the sigil and created it as he had memorized. The containing barrier, the snowflake focuses, the path, the main focus of the Black Sun, the separation barrier, the switch to combine the spells, and in the center, the release focus. The last rune was the trigger, contained within the outermost barrier. It was programmed to release the separation barrier and combine the spells. The enhanced spell would then be released from the release focus when the command, "Trigger release," was spoken. He transmuted the plate to rock and the Glyphing to ice.

The Hypnotist began filling the sigil immediately with his staff. The messages would be channeled until the each of the runes were completely filled. By now the task had become tiresome, but he would put forth his best effort as always. Again he began with the suggestions. "I do not want to fight", "I do not want to die", "I should surrender", "I have already lost", and last, "I am powerless." He continued continued to shift his staff from focus to focus and continued with emotional responses. Feelings of submission, compliance, fear, anxiety and despair, just as he had before. And by the time he finished, urges to use the magic on a living target had slipped into his mind.

It was obvious that Ink had some role in the intensity of the feeling. But everything was building up to a point where there was only one answer. Uldr demanded it, Ink demanded it, and most of all his curse demanded it. There was only one way to please them all, and he knew that the time had come. Before he was lost to his needs, he managed to scribble a note on a piece of parchment for his partner. Though the text was quite hard to read. "Alric, finish the sigil and then store it in the scroll. To do this, place the scroll's center over the plate's center and speak the command, 'Trigger Release'. Store it within its scroll and continue tomorrow with your scroll, left on the table here. I do not know when I will return."

Miro gripped his mask and staggered away from the table. His mind flashed with images of murder, cannibalism, and an intense mix of desire and satisfaction accompanied them. "Get out of my head!" The wizard spoke loudly enough to startle his living mate, but the sleeping man did not wake. The Chained One grabbed a book and tucked it into his sling under his robe and called Ionu's Light before heading out the door. "Miro, focus, fight it all. I understand if it is time again, but we can not get sloppy. I know what must come next, but we have an image to maintain. Compose yourself, we must handle this delicately."
Miro
Not quite Nuit, just a little undead.

Words: 1238727
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2011, 7:52 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Hypnomantic Design

Postby Abstract on January 7th, 2014, 2:09 pm

Grade Awarded!

~|-|~

Miro

Award :
Skills

~ Planning - 1
~ Glyphing - 5
~ Familiary - 2
~ Meditation - 2
~ Hypnotism - 1