Flashback [Bolivar] Axe Man

4th Summer 510

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The fortified mountain city of the Isur. [Lore]

[Bolivar] Axe Man

Postby Ruby Majalenka on November 16th, 2013, 8:57 pm

Summer in the Kitrean Mountains was pleasant with cool winds blowing among the towering peaks which gradually meshed with the fogs of the higher sky in the same manner of the deep green forest at their bases. One could easily think of them as ents creeping up on the foot of an enormous stone golem.

Ruby sat on a tree branch facing the evening wind, head slightly tilted upwards to catch whatever scent might mingle with the grass and leaves aroma.It wouldn't matter if I were to be denied access into the city maybe, she mused. I could stay in this beautiful place for as long as she might need.

Not far behind her was Sultros' outer walls, a line of massive stone monstrosity whose ominous aura was betrayed only by its warm glowing lights shining through the foggy weather. But even so, The Citadel half-embedded into the mountain (which Ruby often saw as a long dignified face) still stood imposingly.

Suddenly something, or rather, someone, caught her eye. Through the leaf layers, Ruby identified an injured man, though to what extent it was hard to determine. The Rak'keli mark on her shoulder kept biting back at her to heal whenever possible, and fortunately her hands were already itching to practice the knowledge she had learned so far.

But 'Descending gracefully is harder than ascending properly.' as her mother often said. And the Konti stuck on the tree could do none but to wait for the man to help her down...
Ruby Majalenka
Player

Words: 50124
Joined roleplay: April 20th, 2013, 4:46 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

[Bolivar] Axe Man

Postby Bolivar on November 18th, 2013, 8:03 pm

Trudging along that familiar hard road Bolivar carried himself out of Sultros wondering all the while if he had anything left to give. Perhaps today was one of those days. Days where he would start walking and walking. To walk so far and to not look back. How long can he go for? How long would he last? Where exactly would he go if he did?

That's no good.

Shaking his head at the thought Bolivar picked up his pace from a mere trudge to a brisker motion despite the injuries that have accumulated throughout his body. It was a constant struggle to reach compentency in his field. Everyday improving ever so slightly to the point of wondering if anything was imprinted into his body. Then too add something more to that?

How very foolish. Despite knowing and having everything to help he had accomplished little. The others among his clan started to realize it too though since he was a mixed blood they might have blamed that instead. A mixed Isur. No chance of ever joining the Izurdin's hammers even if he somehow was able to outperform the Isur in what they were borne to do. No only minor, if any, recognition in what he can do. Something had to change. Lest he breaks before then.

His ragged pace finally slowing as he fell to his knees on the road the Isur's eyes stared at the ground his head low. Perhaps this was how it was meant to be. Mere servitude to his kin that regarded him so indifferently. Was that all he would be capable of. Never to raise his head to see what awaited for him above. To see the... strange woman sitting atop the trees nearby.

"Hmm...odd."
Bold is Speech
Italics is Thought

Got some Christmas plans. So going to be busy until around after the holidays.
Bolivar
Just go with it

Words: 299487
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2011, 2:06 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

[Bolivar] Axe Man

Postby Ruby Majalenka on November 22nd, 2013, 6:02 pm

Legs crossed, Ruby began analyzing the Isur's wounds when he was close enough. The Isur could still walk briskly, signifying the wounds were merely shallow cuts and scratches. Ruby sighed in a mixture of relief and disappointment. Such wounds could be easily treated with her healing gnosis, but depriving her the chance of testing out her homemade cures.

Then it came to Ruby's interest that the Isur's wounds were not merely physical, but also mental. She roughly recognized it as the 'walk of fatigue', but from what she could not know. Perhaps just because of an unsuccessful hunt ? Or something more than that ? When the Isur looked up, Ruby waited for a response and sensed a light 'neutral' intention. Someone who neither jump to conclusions nor act rashly, probably. A safe specimen to be playful with.

She brushed her bangs to the side in an exaggerated manner, than speak with like mock arrogance. "Let's get this over with. I have a Rak'keli gnosis and therefore is obligated to offer treatment to your wounds, if you so will, but first order of business-" Ruby let out a giggle, breaking character. "-please help me down. Can you catch me ?"

And not look at my undergarments in the process, Ruby added to herself amusedly.
Ruby Majalenka
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

[Bolivar] Axe Man

Postby Bolivar on November 23rd, 2013, 3:24 pm

Bolivar could feel himself shaking his head merely astounded by the sudden appearance of the girl.

The petch is this? Was she just speaking common to me?

Bolivar's eyes flitting to his sides quietly followed and translated the Konti's speech, her arrogant and flamboyant tone completely lost on the mixed blood. Though some of it was a blur Bolivar at least understood the last bit perfectly. Getting her down was simple enough though he was not comfortable with the idea of catching the Konti.

"I could probably just cut the tree down and you with it."

A mildly threatening statement followed by a rueful expression on Bolivar's face. Sure he would help her. Given that she simply asked it of him Bolivar found it hard to refuse. It was an odd feeling though to have someone have some degree of trust in you. Strange and off but not necessarily spurned.

"Just be careful and try not to fall from too high up. I am just a bit tired here."
Bold is Speech
Italics is Thought

Bolivar
Just go with it

Character sheet
Plotnotes

[Bolivar] Axe Man

Postby Ruby Majalenka on November 26th, 2013, 5:09 pm

' 'Try not to fall from too high up' ? Did he expect me to climb a few more branches before falling down ?' Ruby mused. It wasn't a dangerous fall, at most she'd crack a bone or two. The Isur's bones, to be more precise. It must be strange for Ruby to trust him so readily when he have no idea that the trust came from her Konti gift.

"Cut the tree down ? Sure you can't just pluck me down like a fruit ?" she laughed. "I'm jumping down, are you ready ?"

That being said, her backside was already midair.

'Reflex test !' she thought. 'Besides if he is actually intending to harm me, I'd catch him by surprise this way.'
Ruby Majalenka
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

[Bolivar] Axe Man

Postby Bolivar on November 27th, 2013, 6:22 pm

Of course the woman atop the tree didn't heed him. Bolivar wasn't yelling or in anyway compelling as he was. He was not too well versed when it came to speeches or commands but what he did have was some decent reflexes. Though in his state all he thought about was self preservation seeing the Konti's body fall straight down above him.

Impulse pushing him to action Bolivar jumped back from where the Konti was landing. Taken by surprise and none too happy about it either. Getting clipped on the back of his head by Ruby's leg Bolivar nearly crumpled like a bag of potatoes at the blow. Ruby was definitely worse off then him but damn that still petching hurt.

"OWW! Didn't you hear me tell ya to be careful?!?!"

Quickly finding his center after the outburst Bolivar helped Ruby back on her feet despite the protests throughout his body. Stumbling back before laying back on the tree Bolivar ran his hand through his hair morosely. He looked back at the direction he left Sultros then back at Ruby with a inquisitive thought.

Why now? Why did someone have to be here at this place today of all days?

"Sorry about that. What did you say your name was?"
Bold is Speech
Italics is Thought

Bolivar
Just go with it

Character sheet
Plotnotes

[Bolivar] Axe Man

Postby Ruby Majalenka on November 29th, 2013, 6:35 pm

"...I slipped." was the only sound that came from the limp, sprawled out figure of the Konti. Fortunately clipping Bolivar's head allowed her to bend the falling momentum by slightly pitching to the left and ending the fall with a half-roll. Her upper right arm was heavily grazed and the cloth section of the sleeve pressing on the wounds was lightly torn, aside from dyed with the rich deep red of blood.

She could tell that despite the passing irritation in his tone, Bolivar's intention was still in the 'neutral' area, by way of her Konti gift. He helped her get up and it was only then that she felt sharp pain in the base of her spine. Experience told her that the pain was temporary, and the graze she could easily heal with gnosis.

Kneeling down before Bolivar, Ruby held an open palm over her wound and an emerald glow appeared. Green swirling currents danced in display of the flesh and skin crawling together, intertwining and interlocking, closing the wound though the result wasn't exactly scarless.

"I'm Ruby. And you ?" she coolly said while crawling closer to heal Bolivar's wounds.
Ruby Majalenka
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

[Bolivar] Axe Man

Postby Bolivar on December 17th, 2013, 3:50 am

The sight of the Konti's healing was both mystifying and slightly disturbing. Blood and flesh easily sowed together was not a common occurrence. The thought of the opposite also came to mind and Bolivar found himself still slightly wary with Ruby with that in mind.

"Bolivar. Of the great clan DynamicGear."

Feeling his hands clench protectively at the image of the crawling konti Bolivar watched with skeptical eyes at the seemingly out of place healer. This seemed too good to be true. A hesitant back step quickly escalated a fleeting withdrawal at the thought of a random stranger moving his flesh around.

Of course he had heard of the healing order marked with gnosis but this was the first time he had really had any actual healing done to him. The new experience was both alien and frightening in a way. Bolivar finally stopped and signaled his acceptance of the konti's help but there were still quite a few questions that would have be asked.

"What brings you to the lands of the Isur? For one so pale I would think to find you in a cave rather then out in the open here."

The color of her hair being his next question Bolivar looked curiously at the odd pigment of color Ruby's hair took. It was exactly opposite of what he knew and Bolivar did not quite know what he felt about it. Feeling his withdrawn persona largely in control it would look like he would leave Ruby with the introductions.

"I do not know what to make of you. Ruby was it? Why are you helping me?"
Bold is Speech
Italics is Thought

Bolivar
Just go with it

Character sheet
Plotnotes

[Bolivar] Axe Man

Postby Ruby Majalenka on December 17th, 2013, 1:10 pm

[OOC : Congrats ! The dog didn't eat your NaNo medal, I see ! :D)

She gave an imperceptible smile at Bolivar's recoil. It was always amusing to observe other's response to a display of magic.

"A cave ? May I suggest that you're hinting I'm more a beast than a sentient being ?"

She stopped and leaned back. Her healing palm closed, she calmly stared at Bolivar with lifeless eyes. This gesture she knew well would make other uncomfortable, but it's also served her well in catalysing reactions that could hint at their mental conditions. The healing could wait, and she figured that at the moment pain was one of the things that kept something inside this Isur from breaking. A subtle self-punishment.

"Why...? I couldn't live up to my mother's name, but it's one of the things that comes when you aren't looking for it." Her voice trailed off. " Each of us find one thing we're good at; something we love. Others will take notice. Then gradually we'll strive for more. For perfection. Until things got out of control and we're left with nothing... except the thing we love in the first place."

She realized that an explanation was needed to board her train of thoughts.

"My mother was a revered scholar and seer... she gave hope to many and enacted justice on others. I'm doing for myself. Because saving the world could be as simple as an act of kindness towards a random stranger." she said, smiling elusively.
Ruby Majalenka
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

[Bolivar] Axe Man

Postby Bolivar on January 2nd, 2014, 2:01 am

A passing question turned into a sudden reveal about the young konti's origins. The mixed blood was quick to give a depreciative look. Was her intent to overwhelm him with so much as to make him pity and eventually trust her? By Izurdin that would not work at all.

"Help? Help comes you say? I don't quite follow."

In his own way basically he did not quite buy into Ruby's... let's call it her reasoning. There was plenty of times when Bolivar could have used help but the times were too far and infrequent from one another. Why would he trust a mere outsider he had just met? The likelihood of it all just struck at the squire the wrong way.

"Nor do I agree with anything you just said."

His mouth set in a straight line Bolivar completed the skeptical look with an air of disdain for the Konti. He still had enough pride not to seek solace, nay! pity from an outside. They can beat him down, break him up inside that city of his all they wanted. Bolivar was Isur like the rest of them no matter how much they deny it through their constant disregard of the mixed blood.

"This is real. I don't expect much out anyone but myself and my clan. What little there is to gain I will take through my hand alone."

Though his movements were more then sluggish this afternoon Bolivar still inisted on being stubborn. Only casting his great axe aside out of the goodness of his heart Bolivar let that suffice as his show of good faith before continuing to press the issue further.

"So must you alleged healer and discontent daughter. Prove to me your intentions. Fight me however you see fit. If you really are a healer I present you a task you are sworn to uphold. I ask for healing on one condition. You must defeat a man like me that is weary and fatigued beyond recompse. Only then will you have your way with me fair haired Ruby."
Bold is Speech
Italics is Thought

Bolivar
Just go with it

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Next