[Verified by Siren] Bolivar DynamicGear

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Bolivar DynamicGear

Postby Bolivar on March 26th, 2011, 2:10 am

BOLIVAR
DynamicGear Coglias

"...Look past the obvious and just go with it..."

Race: Mixed Blood
Birthday: Winter 5th, AV 469
Birthplace: Sultros

Profession: Former: Coglias recruit. Now: Squire
Current Housing: Syliras

Fluent: Isurian
Basic: Common

Appearance

Bolivar stands 5' 4 and weighs 213 pounds. A well conditioned body with a soft face Bolivar looks like your everyday Syliran even with his isur blood running through his veins. Medium length hair parted to the side Bolivar's hair color matches his jet black eyes. Bolivar's complexion does not match his otherwise fair face with a slight tint of emerald that runs the length of his left arm. Normally dressed in his culture's soldier outfit Bolivar shows off his heritage proudly. His arms are a noticeable trademark of the mixed blood as his constant glare. Usually seen carrying his greataxe on his back Bolivar's rigid stance is a consistent trait when speaking to him.

Personality

Proud, Rigid, and Astute.
Reflecting his father's Coglias family name Bolivar is an experienced guardian of Sultros. Even outside of its vast walls and strong foundtaions will Bolivar walk the path of a proud Isur.

Methodical, Analytical and Understanding.
Inheriting his mother's fascination of the physical world around him has made Bolivar see the bigger picture in what he does. Creating unique glyphs and shaping meticulous designs has given the half-blood patience and the understanding to think things through.

Gifted, Cursed, and Mythic.
The path he chose himself and made his own. Knowing is half the battle and the other half is based on pure will alone. Come what may from the other side this Isur will find his truth out in Mizahar.

Many paths were set for this Isurian Half-Blood but he has chosen to undertake these three over the rest. If he will favor one path it is up to fate to decide. Decisions will be made between the three and though time and trial a diamond borne. To be a Paragon between both the Human and Isurian races is his goal. To unite the continent and invoke a golden age is his impossible task.

The way of a steadfast Isurian : Formidable and displayed. Already set before him are the trials to prove he is a true Isur.

The way of an intricate Shaper : Somewhat known. Somewhat unknown. Understanding how everything is interconnected is key.

The way of a manipulating Magus : Mysterious and obscure. The path is different for every student of the land's magics.

History

The joining of an Isur and a human is uncommon. From Bolivar's experience growing up this arrangement of circumstance separates you from your kind. Compassion was not learned where discrimination thrived. The people of Sultros if anything were harder on the mixed blood growing up. Challenging him at each turn and expecting little was a common occurrence in his early years. This constant agenda of test and trial forged a unique citizen of Sultros.

If he could not hit harder then them Bolivar would outwit them.

If he could not outwit them then Bolivar would defeat them with magic.

If he could not win with magic then Bolivar would hit harder then them.

If that was not enough he would use them in unison. A perfect combination is second to none.

Realizing that there is always another way caused an eventual awakening in the mixed blood. There were always new ways to do things differently. Keeping himself in top form to keep up with his ever evolving style, Bolivar eventually gained the confidence to call himself a citizen of Sultros.

At the eve of his golden age Bolivar made plans to set out to the outside world. Sultros had molded Bolivar into the man he was today and it was time to test himself outside the world he knew. New forms of ingenuity awaited the half-isurian. New cultures to learn and take note of. Isolation was never for Bolivar Dynamicgear Coglias and one day Sultros too will follow his lead to take on the outside world.

Beliefs

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Knowledge

Combat
Skill Experience Total Rank
Axe 16 Exp, 20 SP 36 Competent
Brawling 5 Exp 5 Novice
Tactics 8 Exp 8 Novice

Physical
Riding 8 Exp 8 Novice
Endurance 2 Exp 2 Novice
Running 1 Exp 1 Novice
Acrobatics 2 Exp 2 Novice
Wilderness Survival 1 Exp 1 Novice

Mental
Observation 18 Exp 18 Novice
Philosophy 13 Exp 13 Novice
Meditation 2 Exp 2 Novice

Social
Rhetoric 21 Exp 21 Novice
Socializing 14 Exp 14 Novice
Intimidation 9 Exp 9 Novice
Interrogation 3 Exp 3 Novice
Teaching 2 Exp 2 Novice
Seduction 2 Exp 2 Novice
Negotiation 1 Exp 1 Novice

Magic
Reimancy (Wind, Ice, Water) 19 Exp, 20 SP 39 Competent
Glyphing 6 Exp, 10 SP, 10 RB 26 Competent

Lores
Coglias family basics of military training (Using a two handed weapon)
Geography of Sultros
The Wonders of Ravok
Using Meditation to Stay Calm
The Basics of Auristics
The Basics of Reimancy Manipulation
The Feeling of Arguing with a Brick Wall.
A Heated Battle
Tactic: Guiding a Weapon With Wind
Power is Power
Changing Paths
Complimenting Reimancy with Glyphing
Curious Eyes
Knowing a finisher
Fighting 2 v 1, (shadows)
How a spears works
Musings on Magic
Uses of a Bad Glyph
Differences Between Fire and Wind Reimancy
Catching the Thief
Sultros Blades
Fighting the Knights
Knightly Interference
Getting Your Ass Kicked By Sylirian Knights
Cut Me
Respect the shield
Being Mean
For Syliras or for Pride
Returning to Syliras
Finding A Place to Rest
Hadyn: Weaponsmith
Murderous Mountains…otherwise known as horses.
An Absolutely Terrible Endeavor
The Horse With A Mind Of Its Own: Barrel
Fallon: A Fellow Squire
Fallon: A Mage?
Riding Technique: Tightening the saddle.
Becoming An Arsenal Mage (For the betterment of all.)
Horseback Riding: A Form of Torture
So, how about them bears?
Learning About Zeltiva: City of Knowledge
Reimancy Technique: Condensed Ball of Water
A Game of Numbers
Keep Still, Sparker!
Sulkwater Or Shulkwater Lake?
A Blonde Woman In The Woods
Izurdin-Marked Katana
Watch Where You Swing That Blade, Lady!
Kyra: Acquaintance
Party Trick Using Reimancy
Kissing Kyra
A Prospective Student
It's a Date: A Fight With Kise
Kise is a Loudmouth
Gambit: Injury for Victory
Kise's Prefight (or Midfight) Ritual
Using Past Events to Insult and Taunt

• | Overgiving- Loss of Focus
• | On occasion Bolivar is subject to daydreaming about Reimancy and its practical applications. This condition is minor at best and can be alleviated through continual meditation or being treated by a Mark 1 healer of Rak’Keli.

Possessions

Equipment
Great Axe
Weapon Harness
Scabbard
One Backpack containing
-Personal sharpening stone
-Comb (Wood)
-Brush (Wood)
-Soap
-Razor
-Balanced Rations (1 Week's worth)
-1 Eating knife
-Flint & Steel
-1 Waterskin

Clothing
Simple Shirt
Simple Pants
Simple Undergarments
Simple Coat
Simple Boots
Pocket robe
Soldier's outfit (Sultros)

Loan
Soldier's outfit (Syliras)

Heirloom
Silver Dice

A curious thing to have on one's person. It was just a pair of dice Bolivar can't seem to forget about. Toss the dice and a number will appear. A completely random item.

Ledger

Season 513AV
Name Credit Debit Total
Spring 513 43gm N/A 43gm
Summer 513 N/A N/A N/A
Fall 513 43gm N/A 43gm

Creation
Name Credit Debit Total
Starter Package 100gm 0 100gm
Great Axe 100gm 30gm 70gm
Personal Sharpening Stone 70gm 10gm 60gm
Pocket Robe 60gm 7gm 53gm
Weapon Harness 53gm 5gm 48gm
Soldier's Outfit 48gm 5gm 43gm
Scrolls (parchment) x 10 43gm 2sm each, 2gm in all 41gm

Threads

Year 511AV
3rd of Spring, 511 AVChoices, Choices...
8th of Spring, 511 AV Playing in the Garden
61st of Spring, 511 AV Winds of Madness

Year 513 AV
1st of Spring, 513 AV Stick in the mud
34th of Spring, 513 AV We are just getting started
42th of Spring, 513 AV Fighting harder of fighting smarter? Or was it...
43nd of Spring, 513 AVMagic Compendium Volume XIII Section VIII68th of Spring, 512 AVMy Pride, Your Practice!!!
74th of Spring, 513 AVMyths and Legends
5th of Fall, 513 AV The Practical Application. Crystal Elephants
10th of Fall, 513 AVInvestigations and Tribulations (Fall 10)

Pre-Creation
No threads made

Dream
No threads made
Last edited by Bolivar on December 17th, 2013, 7:34 pm, edited 102 times in total.
Bold is Speech
Italics is Thought

Got some Christmas plans. So going to be busy until around after the holidays.
Bolivar
Just go with it

Words: 299487
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2011, 2:06 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Bolivar DynamicGear

Postby Bolivar on March 30th, 2011, 5:07 pm

Q and A

General Information :
1. What is your Name? Bolivar DynamicGear Coglias
   2. Do you go by a nickname or pet name? Perci is my alias
   3. How old are you? Nearing my 44th year this upcoming winter
   4. What is your height? 5,4
   5. What is your weight?

Aesthetics :
1. Describe yourself as you see yourself. Fair face, conditioned body, and years of experience decorating me.
   2. Describe yourself as others typically see you. Certain foolhardy people only see my height. The people with any sense just see your typical guardian of the realm.
   3. What is your favorite body feature? I admittedly have a minor infatuation with my hair.
   4. How physically fit are you? As fit as one who is always testing his battle aptitude.
   5. How do you typically dress and what is your style? The layman clothes while out and about. Robes when in a ponderous mood. Fully armed and equipped in the clothes of my profession.

Family :
1. Who are your parents and what are they like? My father is a proud and self righteous Isur. My mother was a mystic crafter that delved deep into her study.
   2. Do you have any brothers or sisters? I have an older brother.
   3. What is your extended family like? Isurs at their core. Coglias clan members are usually old or bold. Old and bold is the highest status in my family.
   4. Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family? Family is those that you trust with your life. My brothers and sisters are the soldiers of the city. Defenders of the realm.
   5. Do you treat animals like family? No. They are part of the family but only as an extension.

2. Where do you live now? Syliras
   3. If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be? With a wife and child in the land of social progress.
   4. Do you have a favorite place to vacation or spend leisure time? I do like the still of night outside the city streets.
   5. Where do you fear to be? A bulletin board marked as a traitor. I have seen it happen to others.

Traits :
1. Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?) Besides my height and fleshy self?
   2. Are you right handed or left handed? Right
   3. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent? I speak Isur and some common. I sound like an angry veteran. Not to my knowledge.
   4. Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics? I have an itch on my palm when thinking about reinmancy. I usually headbutt anything that tries to size me up. A slightly green arm that slightly looks like a natural gemstone.
   5. Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them)?Never. I am defined by what I carry inside.

Occupations :
1. What is your occupation? Soldier first and always. A magus melded in.
   2. Do you like/dislike your work? Why? It is what I know and I have yet to deny it.
   3. If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be? A baker.
   4. What occupation do you admire the most? Why? Farmers. They work the land for the benefit of all.
   5. What occupation do you lest like? Why? A politician. Spending so much time trying to convince others to like you is a waste of time.

Childhood :
1. What sort of child were you? Ever changing and always adventurous
   2. What is your favorite memory from childhood? Finding a crevice in the earth where the water was clear and lighting good.
   3. What is your worst memory from childhood? Losing in every bout of strength
   4. What sort of relationship did you have with your parents? I adored them. They taught me well.
   5. Who was your most influential rolemodel? The common guardians of the city.

Education :
1. What sort of education do you have? Basic math for coin and measurements. Writing and reading in Isur. Reading for the common tongue. The rest my life will teach me.
   2. Do you like/dislike learning? One is always learning
   3. Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities? Watching
   4. How do you learn best? Again watching
   5. What are your educational goals for the future? Understanding the lesson of life to guide others.

Relationships :
1. Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not? I do. Life is too short to close oneself off.
   2. Do you trust people easily? If not, why not? Never. I am a judge of character and action.
   3. Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else? Are you even listening to yourself?
   4. Have you ever been kissed? If so, describe the first time. Of course. I... got... held down.
   5. Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time.Yes. Horrible. Awkward. Was not worth the rising tension. Though the second time I feel is always better.

Drugs and Alcohol :
1. Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time. Sure. I noticed it and felt it appropriate to live a little.
   2. Do you like to drink on a regular basis? Social drinker
   3. What sort of alcohol do you prefer? Cold and mixed.
   4. Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them? No.
   5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific. There are moments when the temptation to escape from the situation is strong. I do not condemn others for weakness but I will not acknowledge them any longer if they become dependent.

Likes and Dislikes :
1. What are your hobbies? Writing and... singing.
   2. Do you like to read? Not in particular. Other then glyphing or tactics? I can't imagine.
   3. What annoys you more than anything else? Young upstarts that think everything is to go their way.
   4. What do you find the most relaxing activity to do? Oddly enough reimancy. OF course it is overgiving but others see feel what I feel when I let a part of me go.
   5. What kinds of things embarrass you? Why? Misreading the situation. Assuming makes one look like a fool afterall.

Favorites :
1. What is your favorite color or colors? Red blue and yellow
   2. What is your favorite time of day? Twilight
   3. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen? The Syliran Fields
   4. What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat? Typical Isurian cuisine. That fatty Sym string.
   5. What is your favorite type of weather? Does any kind scare you? When the sun hits your face and you feel just enough of it's warmth. I am right to be cautious around Zulrav's storms.

Outlook :
1. Are you optimistic or pessimistic? Optimistic
   2. What are your religious views? Gods walk among us. Testing yourselves against them is a warrior's fate.
   3. Would you be able to kill? Done
   4. What are your views on sex? 2nd time is always the best.
   5. What, in your opinion, makes a successful life? Fulfillment

Actions :
1. What is the worst and best thing you’ve ever done? Worst? I have headbutted a kid out of instinct. Best? I worked earnestly to earn that kid's trust and forgiveness.
   2. What is your greatest regret? None.
   3. What is your best/worst memory? Best memory was sharing that underground river with my brother. Worst was getting stomped into the ground by a female isur.
   4. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why? Also learning how to sing well.
   5. What are you the most proud of doing in your life? Joining the ranks of the city's respective cities. Syliras and Sultros both.

Emotions :
1. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others? I am blunt and hold nothing back.
   2. Do you have any biases or prejudices? I am not in love with the Inarta. Too many of them use bows.
   3. What makes you happy? A rather festive song that I can learn to sing along.
   4. Who or what, if anything, would you die for? I would die to live.
   5. What makes you angry?Putting your personal wants before your promised duty.

Relationships :
1. In general, how do you treat others? Skeptic and critical until I can understand them.
   2. Who is the most important person in your life, and why? The one leading the band of bruisers I am in. Up to him or her how we live.
   3. Who is the person you respect the most, and why? I saw an old and bold Coglias who retired as a farmer.
   4. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover. Understanding, able to read one's emotions. The better part of you that you cannot convey.
   5. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why The guy or gal whose shoulder I am watching. I shall protect them and hopefully they will do the same.

Group Situations :
1. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict? I say my part and let them speak theirs.
   2. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations? Not typically. There is usually much more experienced around.
   3. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not? Of course I do. They are just people.
   4. Do you care what others think of you? As long as it isn't a lie I am fine with it.
   5. What do you think of others, in general? We all have our critical moments where we try to find ourselves. I see every other person as another individual looking for their own respective truth of the world.

Self Image :
1. What is your greatest strength as a person? Compassion
   2. What is your greatest weakness? Anger
   3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? My facial hair. I want it to be stylish.
   4. Are you generally introverted or extroverted? Introverted.
   5. Are you generally organized or messy? Organized to a fault

Beliefs :
1. What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any? Appealing? I remembering thinking Morwen was pretty. If you are talking about beliefs
   2. Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any? Ivak and any other tier two god with explosive temperment.
   3. Do you have any Gnosis Marks? If so, how did you receive them? No
   4. What lengths would you go to to please your deity? Anything expected of a soldier, a citizen and a man.
   5. Where do you draw the line at pleasing your deity? What is too much?Killing innocents for no reason.

Life & Death :
1. What do you absolutely live for? Discovery
   2. What is the best part of life? Living it.
   3. What is the best part of death? Looking back and being content with what you have done.
   4. If you could choose, how would you want to die? Loaded question. Having said my goodbyes and without the process of lingering.
   5. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death? My pride.
Last edited by Bolivar on October 9th, 2013, 3:16 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Bold is Speech
Italics is Thought

Bolivar
Just go with it

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Bolivar DynamicGear

Postby Bolivar on September 22nd, 2013, 1:30 pm

Quick code

Code: Select all
[style=width:600px; padding:10px; padding-bottom:30px; margin:auto; color: #dad8d5; height: auto][img]http://www.mizahar.com/forums/gallery/pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=28759[/img]

[/style]

[style=max-width:650px; padding:20px; border:2px solid #5483e9; background-color: black; margin:auto;][center][img]http://www.mizahar.com/forums/gallery/pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=27165[/img][/center][color=#5483e9][googlefont=Oxygen][indent]

[/indent][/color][/googlefont][/style]

[style=width:650px; padding:0px; border: 2px ridge #FFFFFF; border-radius: 3px 3px 3px 3px; margin:auto; background-color: black; color: #FFFFFF; height: auto][url=http://www.mizahar.com/forums/gallery/viewpic.php?pic_id=28726][img]http://www.mizahar.com/forums/gallery/pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=28726[/img][/url]

[indent]

[/indent][/style]

[style=width:600px; padding:0px; border:0px solid #fffffff; background-color: #ffffff; margin:auto; color:#bf0000][img]http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z150/EuthanasiaNephilim/bolivartemplatetop1_zps9c70945e.jpg[/img]

[/style]

Text

x[/style]

Words in Yellow

[img]http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z150/EuthanasiaNephilim/avi1_zps61d3294d.jpg
[/img]

Last edited by Bolivar on November 19th, 2013, 3:53 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Bold is Speech
Italics is Thought

Bolivar
Just go with it

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Bolivar DynamicGear

Postby Bolivar on October 9th, 2013, 2:53 pm

September 22 - Touched up the Character sheet. Revised story and made a more concise description and background.

Added a quick signature from a dragon's dogma poster.

September 28- Got a CS upgrade from Fallon! Thanks you Fallon.

Also received a banner/siggy

October 9th- Finally noticed Gossy filled out my boxcode request ten days ago :P. Super woman making her little miracles everyday. At the very least everyone on site should respect Gossy for she really gives her all when it comes to Miza.

November 10 - Chat partner (Assilsa) helped with a reimancy posting template

November 11 - Fallon gave me helped out again and made me my general posting template.
Bold is Speech
Italics is Thought

Bolivar
Just go with it

Character sheet
Plotnotes