Solo [Soothing Waters] Isn't This Lovely

Wanda has a pleasantly odd encounter with a customer at work.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Soothing Waters] Isn't This Lovely

Postby Wanda Endust on November 21st, 2013, 1:09 am

Soothing Waters Bath And Massage
20 Fall, 513 AV
17th Bell

A sickly-sweet scent permeated the air, and the humidity rolling off of the nearby baths was not making the situation any better. Wanda coughed once, glaring at the offending bottle of burning incense and candles and inwardly chastising herself for being so masochistic as to think burning vanilla-scented candles alongside crisp lemon incense was a swell idea.

Another cough wheezed out of her. Wanda stood waving her hands in front of her face enthusiastically as if she could sever the too-strong sweetness from the rest of her air supply before regaining her wits. With a few quick, determined strides, the teen rushed to her chamber's entrance and flung the door open. The couple of passing laundry workers flailed to catch the towels that Wanda'd startled from their hands.

As for Wanda, she was just as startled to find herself unexpectedly face to face with another person (or people) after being cooped up in her assigned masseuse's room for an extended period of time. Caught mid breathe-of-fresh-air, Wanda paused for a tick. Then, all at once, a sunny yet apologetic smile broke across her features.
"Oh! Heya!" she chirped, perhaps too cheerily.

If the workers felt her enthusiasm was overdone, they didn't show it -- most of the girl's co-workers were likely used to her near-constant energetic buzz. In fact, the vast majority of the bath's employees had likeky seen her excited about something or other. For the most part, she only grew bored while alone in the confines of her personal work space -- leading to incidents like the one just moments ago, when she'd decided the room could use a little livening up and olfactory torture seemed like the right way to go.

The laundry folks nodded their own rushed greeting, readjusting each of their cloth stacks hurriedly before padding off and away down the hall. They weren't necessarily trying to seem unfriendly, Wanda knew. They simply must have been in a hurry to provide a towel or return clothes to some prestigious knight or another.

Wanda watched them depart with their flustered steps, calling out a sheepish
"Sorry for holding you up, by the way!" after them. She sighed. The girl had far too much free time on her hands, seeing as there wasn't particularly a shortage of employees in the bath house.

She would've liked to help out in another area every once in a while, if it weren't for the fact that the other employees would view the action as an intrusion -- her trying to get in on some extra mizas by elbowing them out of a job. And considering the fact that the steam caused her hair -- normally only slightly waved -- to evolve into nearly full-blown undulating curls in their own right, it seemed to be far too humid for her to store away any books to be read during her breaks. (Thinking of which, she makes a mental note to remind herself to pick up some more manuals at the Great Bazaar later).

Anyhow, she leaned her head lazily against the door frame for a chime. Her hazel gaze peered down the hallway, hoping that perhaps other less-preoccupied co-workers would come her way.

Unfortunately, it was Fall. As such, with the storms and whatnot brewing along outside the confines of the Citadel, citizens had been advised not to venture outside more than necessary. Very few customers would be dropping by today. Even so, she knew that she should probably clean up the airborne mess she'd made before a customer was sent her way.

Last edited by Wanda Endust on November 24th, 2013, 1:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Wanda Endust
Searching for purpose.

Words: 178647
Joined roleplay: May 18th, 2013, 6:10 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Artist (1)

[Soothing Waters] Isn't This Lovely.

Postby Wanda Endust on November 21st, 2013, 1:34 am

A delicate hand stroked through Wanda's hair as she pivoted back into her room. The door was left open, common sense advising her that it would most definitely be counter productive to shut it and leave the fragrance trapped once more. Already the smell of it had lessened and Wanda was able to breathe without gagging.

Honestly, the actual scent combination wasn't too shabby. It was the smothering rigor with which they permeated the closed-in area that had left Wanda gasping for fresh air. Now that it'd had the chance to diffuse itself over a larger area, the fragrance left behind was surprisingly pleasant.
I knew it was a genius idea. If she had feathers, they'd be puffed up in pride. Never mind the fact that she'd been royally ticked off at herself just moments ago.

Now pleased, the blonde assessed her work space. Was the massage table all set up an ready? Yep. Towels were neatly folded and rolled into various entertaining animal shapes (she'd have to get the staff to teach her how to do that herself sometime -- it seemed like a nice little hobby) and gingerly arranged on her counter top. Massage oils likewise placed at the ready. And, of course, the incense was burning just fine now.

She was all set to go and ready for a client. Good thing too, because just as she was smoothing out her laced white dress, a gentle tapping emitted itself from the doorway. Wanda spun in place her bare feet sliding a smidgen on the warm stone floor, nearly flinging herself off-balance before having to stick an arm out to stabilize herself with a hand on the counter. While she might've been prepared for a customer, she definitely hadn't been expecting one quite yet! The teen scrambled to compose herself, hastily removing her hand from the tabletop and propelling herself forward in greeting.

The customer, meanwhile, appeared incredibly amused by the flustered display. Raising a teasing eyebrow, she offered her hand as Wanda approached, a crooked smile playing itself on the woman's lips.

The very first thing Wanda noticed about the woman (besides her playful expression, of course) was her height. She couldn't have been any less then a foot taller than Wanda herself. That fact alone threw Wanda off guard -- even the female knights of the city weren't so much taller than Wanda. It was intriguing to the girl. Therefore, as she shook the lady's hand in the standard show of camaraderie, she may have perhaps been a bit too enthusiastic with the motion.
"Hiya hello!" burst forth her greeting, returning the woman's wry smile with a wide smile of her own. "You're here for a massage of course, yeah?"

Wanda Endust
Searching for purpose.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1)

Postby Wanda Endust on November 22nd, 2013, 1:07 am

"Seems like that's the case. Otherwise, I must be very lost," the woman threw back jauntily. "Though I did run into a nice couple of attendants who gave me instructions to find you. Told me to simply follow my nose." She gestured with her free hand at the perfumed air surrounding them in the doorway.

Wanda snorted, wrinkling her nose in amusement.
"It's our backup plan in case someone does get lost. We can't have customers wandering willy-nilly up and down this hallway, y'know?"

"True, true. But if they never found their way out, you could just put them to work."

"What, and be nosed out of a job by a stranger that can't find their way around a simple bath house?" She chuckled. "Maybe not the smartest decision I could make for myself!"

Standing aside, she ushered the woman into the room with a flourish of her arm. The door slowly fell closed behind them, letting out a soft whoosh as if it had been holding its breath. With her own steady and quiet exhale, Wanda readied herself to get to work and fluttered back over to her counter top. "Ah, I'm Wanda, by the way! I'm going to assume you've already noticed that I'll be your masseuse for today," she chortled as she breezed past her client. The woman already seemed to have made herself comfortable and was lounging almost lazily against the massage table already.

The teen hunted for towel, her back now facing the woman when she replied. "Ah then. You mean you're not the chef? I thought I was paying for a gourmet meal..." Though Wanda couldn't see her, she could hear the sound of mock disappointment in the woman's tone. "But you know what happens when you assume?"

Wanda cocked an eyebrow, suddenly snatching a crane-folded towel from her selection and whirling to face her jovial client with a bantering tone of her own.
"I sure do," she countered, leaning back against the marble edge of the tabletop in the most challenging pose she could muster without breaking her quasi-poker-face.

"You make an --"

"Butterfly burp!" The blonde interjected spiritedly, bursting into a wry grin. Yes, she was familiar with the common saying. Might as well throw something less overplayed into the mix!

The woman laughed lightly. "Sounds about right -- you make butterflies burp." She reached out a confident finger towards the towel Wanda was clutching. "That for me?"

Wanda glanced down at the cloth she had draped across her forearm, having momentarily forgotten her task amid the distraction of conversation.
"Hm? Oh, yep!" She whipped back to attention, fair curls flouncing as she shot up from her lax position and skittered over to her client's side. "By the way..." Wanda held out the towel in offering and the lady in turn gracefully accepted it, her easy carefree motions letting on that she wasn't at all new to the experience of a massage. "Are you looking for a back massage or a foot massage or what?"

"A back massage, if you will," the lady answered as Wanda backed up, returning to her counter to fetch whatever oils may be necessary for the job.

"Well then, I can show you to a nice little changing area to get ready if you'd like..." her voice trailed off as, out of the corner of her eye, she glimpsed that the woman was already moving to get undressed. For a moment -- strictly out of curiosity -- Wanda followed the woman with her gaze and finally took real note of the lady's actual appearance.

As she'd noticed before, the lady was tall, though not in the hulking, powerful sort of way. Rather, it lent her a kind of elegance that seemed to naturally embed itself into her movements. She was quite slender as well -- not just at her hips, but even her shoulders and knees seemed delicately thin. Not exactly emaciated, simply lean. Generic brown hair flowed down the woman's tanned back and, before her extended glance began to near the limit of "too long", Wanda turned back to her current quest for a suitable massage oil.

Wanda Endust
Searching for purpose.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1)

Postby Wanda Endust on November 23rd, 2013, 11:03 pm

Now, Wanda was been a perfectly competent masseuse. Her touch could battle fatigue and facilitate circulation. Unfortunately, despite her skills, she'd never made it any particular mission to learn all that much about the different massage oils.

Before her were spread some number of small vials, each a different oil. They'd been provided by the Soothing Waters for her use, though most had remained untouched due to her lack of experience. As her searching gaze meandered across the row, she finally settled on her default -- almond oil.

A lock of her blonde hair fell over into her face, and she flicked it away with a huff of her breath before turned to face her client once again. The brunette woman seemed to have settled herself in nicely while she waited. She'd shed her light trousers and blouse and had swathed herself in the provided towel as she returned to lounging atop the massage table. Her neck was arched as she fiddled with some mark on her shoulder, but swiftly lifted her eyes at the teen's approach. "All good to go?"

"Good to go," Wanda affirmed, lifting the bottle of oil between her fingers. The woman grinned warmly and shifted her weight. Before Wanda could give instruction, the woman had already settled onto her stomach, undoing the towel to lower it and leave her back exposed.

Wanda cocked a querying eyebrow.
"Seems like you've done this before," she stated lightly, rolling up the long sleeves of her chemise as she got busy sweeping the woman's brown mane off of her shoulders.

"I have," she replied simply, pausing to close her eyes in relaxation before elaborating. "I'm a dancer."

"Ah," Wanda breathed. She uncorked the oil, spreading in sparing across her palm. "So your career kinda depends on staying loose." She laid her hands on the woman's back, one between the shoulder blades and the other finding its place finding the dimples of the lower back.

"Right." The lady let out a soft exhalation at the blonde's therapeutic touch."And I figured today was as good a day as any, what with the storm brewing outside and all. Might as well waste a bell inside here before having to head back out to the inn."

"The inn? You don't live here?" Wanda's hands glided over the stranger's silk skin. She could feel the muscles underneath her fingers, but didn't apply much pressure yet. Best to seek out where to begin first. She should have known by the woman's appearance alone that she likely wasn't a native to the city; tans as deep as hers were rare in the roofed citadel. Now this woman was particularly intriguing -- most of the clients Wanda saw were knights or nobles with the mizas to spare.

Wanda Endust
Searching for purpose.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1)

Postby Wanda Endust on November 25th, 2013, 10:00 pm

"Heh. Nope, I came in with a caravan, hitched a ride from Zeltiva."

"Zeltiva?" piped Wanda. Her hands ceased their meanderings for a split tick before continuing. "My father was from Zeltiva."

The woman cracked a querying eye, crossing her hands beneath her head. "Scholar or sailor?"

"Scholar." Wanda grinned to herself. Her fingers wove their way across the woman's back, probing the individual muscles. By now her actions were second nature. She wasn't outstanding as a masseuse yet, but she was good enough to hold an easy conversation.

"Ah," the woman considered, closing her eyes once more. "What made him want to come to Syliras? Not much learning to be had here."

Wanda snorted, only partially offended by the woman's implications.
"There's plenty learning to be had here. Just gotta know where to look." She bit her lip contemplatively, reminiscing about her father and her own childhood. Of course, she knew the reason for his travels. "He fell in love with my mother."

She felt her clients muscles gradually ease, slowly releasing whatever tension had been built up over the trip across the region. "Now that explains it." The brunette chuckled, her abdomen rising and falling beneath the masseuse's palms, interrupting her work. "Sit still!" Her playful fingers flattened on the woman's back, lightly pinning her.

"Oi! There's always a woman to keep these men in line, isn't there?" The woman resumed, elbowing her practitioner's side good-naturedly. "We'll rule all of Mizahar one day, I swear it!"

Now Wanda giggled, teasing,
"So that's your reason for comin' to Syliras, huh? World domination?"

"Sounds like I better get gone before you report me to the authorities!" the other woman played, then grew quietly content for a moment, a pensive look adorning her face. "I really ought to get along my merry way though -- I only payed for half a bell."

Wanda exhaled, a small, wry grin still perched on her lips.
"Ah, alrightly then." She ran her hands over the woman's back once more, fingers gliding down her spine as she gave the finishing touch.
Wanda Endust
Searching for purpose.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1)

Postby Wanda Endust on November 26th, 2013, 1:53 am

Wanda's work was finished. The almond oil she'd applied to the woman's skin hand been massaged into her client's back, lending a healthy glow to the skin. A smile of satisfaction found its way onto her face.

Suddenly, in a flurry of brown hair and skin, the woman heaved herself into a sitting position and snatched at Wanda's wrist. The towel covering her lower body fluttered silently to the floor. The blonde froze in a startled panic, muscles tensing.
"Uh."

The other woman, seeing the teen's shocked expression, hastily (and sheepishly) recoiled her grabbing hand. "Sorry about that," she began. "I just needed to let you know that I, uh. I don't have any money to tip you with..."

There was a brief pause as Wanda collected herself from the initial shock. A pale hand extended itself, shooing the woman's words away dismissively.
"That's no problem. No problem at all!" An uneven grin emerged. "I wouldn't assume that everyone's able to give tips!

"Really though, don't worry about it."

"No! I just feel awful, coming unprepared and all." The woman threw her hand up before Wanda could interject. "So how's about this? There's still a bit of time to spare. Would you want a quick dancing lesson?"

Wanda cocked an eyebrow of amusement. She understood where the woman was coming from -- she wasn't exactly raking in mizas herself. And if the woman walked away from this feeling disappointed, Wanda herself would feel just as guilty. They did have a couple chimes to spare...

"Er. You may want to get your clothes back on first."

The woman glanced down at her bare self, seeming surprised and taken aback. She hopped down from the bed and snatched her clothes from where they lay neatly folded on the floor, scrambling to pull them on. Wanda couldn't tell if the lady was embarrassed or simply in a hurry, but she scurried out of the way nonetheless.

Now, if it was embarrassment it would be awfully ironic, considering how eagerly the woman had undressed in front of Wanda earlier.

Either way, the woman's nakedness was soon hidden once more and she spun, arms akimbo, a happily determined look set upon her features. "You ready for a crash course?"
Wanda Endust
Searching for purpose.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1)

Postby Wanda Endust on November 26th, 2013, 1:59 am

Though Wanda was sure she was about to make a fool of herself, she gave a definitive nod and grin, sticking her tongue out beneath her teeth. "Like I said," she chirped. "There's plenty learning to be had here!"

Some sound of amusement escaped from the woman, and her features relaxed once again. This was not to be a serious affair, that was for certain. The lady closed the gap between the two of them, waggling her eyebrows in mock lechery. "I'll be the dashing young man," she decided, taking one of Wanda's hands in her own and placing a hand on the younger woman's waist.

"Oookay. You're the one wearing the pants here anyway," Wanda cracked. The lady was wearing trousers -- it was true.

Admittedly, Wanda had never ever danced before (especially not with another person). And only on rare occasions had she seen others dance. Thus, it was purely by luck that she happened to lay her free hand in the correct position on her teacher's shoulder.

The woman nodded in encouragement. "Good. Now, just step in the same direction I do." She paced to the side a ways, and Wanda followed along. Her eyes were cast down to their feet as her bare toes scuffled along the stone.

They continued like that for a moment, Wanda's movements obviously entirely foreign to her. "Eh," remarked the older lady. "Try swaying your hips. Like so." She moved her hands to either side of the teen, guiding Wanda's hips side to side. Wanda, in turn drew her own hands toward her body, unconsciously attempting to find her center of gravity. Unfortunately, the motion threw herself off balance and she wobbled.

The lady lunged forward, gripping the teen's shoulders securely to steady her. Giggles arose from the pair.

"Not bad, for a total beginner," winked Wanda's client before stepping away. "But I really better get going."

"Ah, alrighty. Thanks for the... lesson." Could she really call it a lesson? It'd been so fleeting. Well, she thought, I can sway my hips... Not without falling, I guess, but still!

Wanda escorted the client the four or so steps to the door and opened it for her, beckoning her out with a reluctant shrug. The woman returned the shrug jovially. "And thank you for the lovely company! Have a good day!" She was about to turn down the hallway when she whipped back around, stopping the door with her boot before Wanda could close it.

"And one more thing." The woman's brow furrowed. "You may want to give Zeltiva a gander for yourself -- it's a lovely place. And considering your father grew up there... Well, just figured you might want to check it out."

Wanda nibbled at the inside of her cheek.
"I'll consider it," she mused, then let out a breathy chuckle. "It better be as nice as you think it is, though!"

The woman disappeared down the hallway with a laugh. "Oh, trust me, it is!" And then she was gone, returning to whatever business she had to attend to.

Truth be told, Wanda wouldn't be able to travel any time soon. She couldn't just up and abandon her ailing mother, after all...

Thunder rolled gently overhead. With a sigh, Wanda made her way back through the room to prepare for another customer, though the rest of her day brightened by the pleasant brief encounter.
Wanda Endust
Searching for purpose.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1)

Postby Perplexity on November 30th, 2013, 5:09 pm

Riddled with Rewards!

Wanda
Socialization +3 XP
Organization +1 XP
Rhetoric +2 XP
Massage +3 XP
Dancing +1 XP

Lores :
  • The Dangers of Perfumed Incense
  • Social Nuance: Bubbly, Happy, Cheerful Greeting
  • Organization: Keeping A Tidy Workspace
  • Rhetoric: Playful Banter
  • Massage: The Benefits of Almond Oil
  • Dancing: It’s All In The Hips

Notes :
Very, very amusing. Wanda is a delightfully refreshing character. PM me with comments, questions or concerns.

Perplexity's Office Status

Perplexity
DS of Zeltiva, Mod Privileges in Wildlands

Words: 440795
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2013, 11:59 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Featured Contributor (1)