Solo Contemplation and Magic

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is Falyndar at its finest. Danger lurks everywhere - in the ground, in the trees, in the bush. Only the strongest survive...

Moderator: Gossamer

Contemplation and Magic

Postby Evalin on November 23rd, 2013, 9:25 pm

78th of Fall, 513 AV

The girl slept, curled beneath the sun in slumbering silence which Eva found herself grateful for. Shifting her weight brought to bare the situation at hand. Her writs where bound by earthen vices, trapped and a constant reminder of the position now found herself. Clucking her tongue in irritation Evalin cast a glare at her jailer, silently wishing to kill her where she slumbered.

Patience be of the greatest importance dear Goddess of Hate. Let not the passions of the moment grip and bind you to a course of action one might later regret. A cold voice echoed within Eva's weary mind, breaking through the irritation and calming her heart somewhat. Evalin looked down at the pendent that hung about her neck, bringing her trapped hands up to gently caress its surface, Yes Tsenrika... Your words ring true to this cold heart of mine. Though wish I were that this wretched course would be swiftly altered.

Be it not swift, but surely as the river bends so shall the path chosen alter to suit thine desires. Be it time that is on thine side, if not the current path.

With a sigh Evalin rested her head back against the tree she now sat against, where she was placed rather by the Mistress. Closing her eyes the girl let her mind wander, falling through the folds of reality that collected in her thoughts and consciousness, idly searching through memory and images of the past. Such was the norm for an Immortal, who cared little for the future, the present passed far to fast, and the past was truly all that was left to think and ponder upon. For some odd reason Evalin's mind fell to Wrenmae, to boy who would change the world, or so he said...

Wonder I what has become of him... Evalin thought absently, Perhaps he be well, or worse off than I?

A Child such as he shall not be lead astray so easily. Wonder not of his path, for it shall circle once more to my Master's side... As it was always meant to.

This made Evalin smile, and she raised her hands before her eyes, Indeed... He was an odd one, but a useful tool none the less. He did offer quite the delightful skill. She paused in her thinking, eyes racking over her hands and the cuffs which held them, Indeed very delightful indeed.

Of what does my Master ponder?

Searching over the cuffs, Evalin replied slowly, Perhaps this which binds us is not so limiting at all... A gift from the child who would change the world might offer the key to the freedom we seek.

Closing her eyes, Evalin let her mind fall blank. Thus was the first step of morphing, to separate the mind from the body, a simple feat for one who held no true attachment to the body in the first place. Thus she brought her mind to stillness, letting herself slip into that deep meditative trance that would aid her. Within her mind she brought forth an image of her own hands, though they glowed bright with the power of her djed, shimmering in the minds eye, a subconscious construction to act as the catalyst to her change.

Her brow furrowed in concentration as her mental hands reached, feeling their way down the strands of djed that made up the life that was Evalin. She pressed and felt, the magic sending tingles up and down her skin where the mental fingers gently brushed. It was a slow, arduous process, but Evalin held her mind steady and kept her concentration focused on the task at hand. At last she found it, that strand of djed which caused an inching sensation at her wrists when she lightly brushed it. Evalin smiled, and plucked at this strand, pulling it to her full attention as she mentally surveyed its design.

It felt odd to hold once's life essence within one's grasp, strange and somehow so empowering. Gently caressing this single strand of her being Evalin took note of each and every change she experienced. IF she pinched the skin of her wrists and hands would spike with sensation like needles were being driven into it. If she pulled she could feel her muscles and bones aching as they stretched. It was odd, but somehow amusing at the same time. Finally Evalin brought her focus to the task at hand, and she carefully turned over that strand in her mind as she sought for something in particular. Then it was reviled, and those mental fingers reached forward, taking the djed full in hand and compressing, pushing and altering. Evalin's skin beneath the cuffs itched, tingling with each test of alteration to the life code. She continued on, pressing harder and harder on this physical essence, this substance which made up who the Immortal truly was. The feeling of the rock on her bare skin began to lessen some what as she did this, the tingling increasing and a feeling like a vice was clamping down hard in place of the manacles. It was uncomfortable, but Evalin pressed on until she finally opened her eyes.

Evalin looked at her hands, still bound as they were in their cuffs, but now a mentle finger kept hold of djed that struggled to snap back into place. Keeping her focus was nearly twice as difficult when her eyes were open, but still Evalin had to see her work. So she looked at her hands, and limbs taht had a few chimes before been unable to move at all. She watched as, before her eyes, she was able to completely turn her hand around in the cuff, the item of imprisonment suddenly loose upon her thinned wrists. Evalin smiled, but the act of holding the transformation was growing too much thus she returned her hands to how they were and released her hold on the magic. She winced as her wrists suddenly returned to their natural size, rock biting into them, yet still despite the pain Evalin felt Triumph.

Setting back Evalin closed her eyes, speaking softly to no one in particular, That which binds me is merely an obstacle... one that soon I shall surpass.

The child was of use after all it seems... Tsenrika observed. To this Evalin simply nodded, More so than even he realized.

ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Contemplation and Magic

Postby Evalin on November 23rd, 2013, 10:19 pm

Casting a glance to her captor, and seeing that still the creature had not stirred, Evalin looked back to her hand. A smile tinted her lips as she glossed over the appendage, a new look of interest crossing her dead eyes, The gates of possibility are flung wide with this, the key to endless potential...

Perhaps... but within limitations one is best kept. Needlessly venturing forth without thought is true folly.

Evalin rolled her eyes, Forever shall you be a bore, unwilling to take the risk when opportunity presents itself. Tis good that your Master does not shy from the unknown.

Perhaps the Familiar was hurt by the comment, or irritated, or some other emotion that Eva could not put to words, but he did not speak any more. Falling silent, letting their link be ruled only by their own locked thoughts. it mattered little to Evalin, for her mind was already wondering of the possibilities.

She closed her eyes once more, letting the silence drift through her, separating that essence of mind from the constroct of body once more. The stillness would aid her, giving her time to concentrate to bring forth the glowing hands of mental energy once more to feel along the paths of djed to their objects of interest. A flash of memory came to Evalin. A picture of the beast with black and orange stripes. it was a creature of power, of natural ferocity... Evalin found herself somewhat envious of its natural abilities, but no longer. Her mind worked over the image, searching for that which she admired most, for now whatever power was held by the beast could soon become hers... If given proper time and preparation. In time Evalin decided to choose the simplest of alterations, focusing on the powerful claws of the beast that allowed it to climb easily after her in the tree, and to rip the clothing upon her back.

Her mental hands moved down the strands of djed that made up who she was, what she was. Tingles traced up and down her spine, over each shoulder and down her arms. Goosebumps arose as she lingered over her djed in places, feeling the odd sensations and attempting to memorize what she saw. For now the process was so slow, sluggishly in fact that Evalin feared she would never be able to use this if the time to act came too suddenly. Still, she would lock away this thought for later pondering. It would do little good to be caught up in musings of what may or may not be, not while there was work still to be done.

Evailn's hands began to tingle, like hundreds of pin pricks pressed into her exposed flesh. She brought to the forefront of her mind that image of the djed which formed her hands, plucking at the strings of life within her to become a shape she could recognize. Thus she pictured that djed taking shape, glowing green in the darkness of consciousness in the shape of a disembodied hand. With her mental fingers Evalin began to gently run up and down each and every finger, feeling how the act reacted and what sensations were brought to light by the actions. Tingles, pricks, and goosebumps all abounded, and once satisfied that she could distinguish one strand from another Evalin set her sights to the task at hands. She began with the tips of her index finger, pressing upon the nail there and pulling slightly. Stretching, elongating the nail out to nearly an inch. Focusing Evalin pulled more djed from her black subconscious, pressing it into the lengthening nail and willing the djed to alter, to become the djed for thickness to harden and strengthen the elongated appendage. This act Evalin repeated thrice more, upon each finger until it was completed. Then she focused, attention upon the djed that held the newly form claws in place, willing them to rearange, focusing on a single thought, Harder... Hard as bone, strong as stone. Pierce the flesh and through the body. Rip and tear, bend but never break. Strength and power... Evalin fed her djed with this idea, a chant within her that sung the dream to reality, and then finally Evalin opened her eyes to observe her work.

Her right hand now held four elongated claw like nails. They glistened white, not like a nail but more like bone. Reaching forward Evalin scrapped her index finger through the dirt, easily gouging a line there. The will to hold the claws in place was less than it took to compress her entire wrist, and so it was but a mild annoyance mixed in the thoughts of her Triumph. Smiling Evalin reached up and dragged the nails down the tree, gouging out four claw marks through the bark that bit into the flesh of the tree itself. chuckling Evalin raised her work before her eyes, looking it over with the eye of an artist observing her work for flaws. There were certainly some be be had. The nails were not perfectly smooth, rather jagged and covered in small bumps and ridges. The tips were far too rounded, not the sharp edges Evalin had expected. It would require work, but the Nuit felt confident it could be done.

Settling back Evalin released her hold upon the magic and watched with interest as the nails receded, becoming short and rounded once more as her djed snapped back into place. She nodded slowly and closed her eyes, It is but one step, but one step must come before the journey to the greatest of life's end goals...

ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Contemplation and Magic

Postby Evalin on November 23rd, 2013, 11:14 pm

Sighing, Evalin opened her eyes, looking up at the blue sky above. Her body ached from the use of this new, and unfamiliar magic. For now she would allow her body to rest, to simply become still and allow time to pass idly by. This was how it was often when Evalin was forced to ignore the passage of time to await an appropriate hour to march once more. In the silence she would often meditate, or think on the past of present. It could be called dull, but still Evalin found she enjoyed this time more than anything else. She could allow all of the world to drift on while she remained still, perfectly still in the tide of every changing events.

Tsenrika... Have you ever thought of what we have done. Have you ever regretted the path I have forced you to walk? Evalin asked absently, not fully expecting an answer, yet somehow hoping one would come. She felt the old self falling to the wayside once more as the uncertainty of Evangeline sprang forth once more.

When he spoke his reply was slow to come, It matters little the thoughts of a Familiar, thus say you when offered they were some time ago. Of what purpose is there in asking such things now when thine path has been set?

Evalin shrugged, I would know your answer this once my Dear Tsenrika. Only you may know mine heart as well as I, and now I feel as though mine own heart betrays me with images and remembrances that I would wish not for.

Then think of them not. Do not be distracted by a heart that should long since be cold as ice. His reply was curt and made Evalin wince slightly, But what of my passion? Should I not hate and feel, or is it best to feel nothing at all?

To this Tsenrika gave some thought before answering in his mono toned voice that rank within silence, You ask of an opinion from one who may only have one view. Were you to be of my kind forever might I say that to suppress all emotion it was best. Idle thoughts and feelings cloud one's sight and observation with what one wishes to see and observe. Such is not meant for an Irylid. He fell silent, but before Evalin could interject he would continue, But my Master is not an Irylid, and so what standards I might hold cannot be pressed upon her. Perhaps it is best to feel when time and need do call... but the time for regret of past actions has long since past.

Raising an eyebrow Evalin inquired hesitantly, Of what do you speak?

Past now is the time where one's regret should have taken hold. Deeds done now cannot be undone, and forever the burden of your actions shall press upon your shoulders. Redemption comes not to those who have done what we have done, so matter it little if we regret or not.

Falling silent Evailn turned her head to the side, not wishing to look at herself within or without. She knew it was true. What she had done through the centuries were unspeakable acts, things which would condemn even a saint to the harshest of punishments after life had ended. she might not wish to believe, yet she knew it to be true...

My hands are painted red... Evalin thought softly.

This is the price one must pay to obtain the greatest power in this world. Blood runs free, and from it strength arises. Would you change any act now if chance were given?

The nuit chewed on this question for a chime, not quite certain in her answer. Finally though she replied, No... For this is the path I would choose. The greatest cruelty in this world must be righted, and the fools of this world freed from the servitude they know not entraps them.

Then let aside such doubts upon yourself. They matter not, and shall only hinder you along the path you walk.

Evalin glanced back up to the sky, her voice not quite as certain as her Familiars, Perhaps my dear Tsenrika... Perhaps you are right...

ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Contemplation and Magic

Postby Traverse on December 21st, 2013, 1:44 pm

Evalin

Skill XP Earned
Endurance 1 XP
Familiary 2 XP
Mediation 3 XP
Morphing 4 XP
Observation2 XP
Philosophy 1 XP

Lores Earned
The Feeling of Altering Your Djed
Tsenrika: A Bore
Drawing Morphing Models From Memory
Mimicking Tiger Claws
The Mind of an Irylid is Different from a Nuit

Additional Notes :
A wonderful read! I really enjoyed Evalin's discovery of morphing here and gave you 2 extra points since both of your descriptions were very nicely laid out and written, I am really enjoying Tsen and Eva's conversations as well, so deep!

Yes, I Bite.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, please send me a PM and we can figure it out. :)
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)