It's a Beautiful Day for a Test!

[Ignotus Everto]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Edreina on November 29th, 2013, 11:51 pm

Ignotus's description of how he had crushed the rebellion brought back to night her conversation with a beautiful man named Justus nights before. Now, she understood why he had been spoken of so cautiously. Despite his teachings and what he had already shown her, there was obviously more to him than she could fathom. He was dangerous and enigmatic. If the redhead had any sense, she would have been more cautious as well. But, he had already gained her trust and one's past did not so easily shatter it or cause it to fray once given by the Svefra.

The young Svefra's answer was instant, and instinctual. Whether that was a good thing or a bad thing depended upon how one interpreted it. On one hand it could speak of her naivety and just how young and inexperienced she was when it came to the world. On the other, it also could prove that a woman in the prime of youth had been gifted with the innate wisdom of any Lia. "As far as I must. I may care for others, but when it comes right down to it, the lives of those for whom I care matter more than anyone else's. It's selfish, I know, but it's the truth." She nodded, almost to herself. She hated to admit how selfish she really could be at times, but she knew that Ignotus wanted, and deserved, a straight answer. "If what I feel to be right is put in danger, it's only right that I fight for that as well. If I don't who will?" She snorted once through her nose, shaking her head. "I'm sure the rebels would say the same thing, hm? But it also falls to application. If someone can prove that my way is wrong instead of simply going against it and backing me into a corner, I'll listen. One cannot grow without controversy. By fighting for what I believe in, for what matters to me, and by having myself be proven wrong and shown another alternative, I'll grow." Blushing lightly, she shrugged and turned her eyes to the sea, waiting for Ignotus to add his input on her answer, hoping it was sufficient. For an instant, she worried that she should have thought it through more fully but, that would not have been in her nature.

(c) Wanda Endust
Edreina
Unbound

Words: 1079180
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2013, 1:40 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Lore Author (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ignotus Everto on November 30th, 2013, 12:56 am

The wizard's eyebrow twitched upward. "I'll admit, you didn't strike me as the ruthless type."
It would explain why she chose to learn Hypnotism of all things, for one. It also boded well for him.

Edreina would feel freezing hands fall onto her shoulders, then. "Some may say selfish," said he, "But I say it shows willpower. Those that think you should let your enemies walk all over you either have no enemies, or are them."

As Ignotus spoke, the Svefra felt her spirits buoyed by the rightness of it all, along with the slightest hint of gratitude. For what, however, would be a matter her mind would resolve.

"Magic will give you power to exercise your will... If that is what you wish. Is it?"
It was not, perhaps, entirely characteristic of him to ask such things, but the fact of the matter was that he could hardly do to have someone with cold feet. He had made his choice long ago, and though Edreina also seemed to have, he needed to be positive.

A thousand thanks to Phoenix for the gorgeous blue frame, and a thousand more to Edreina for her beautiful magic-themed one!

Correspondence Thread
Ignotus Everto
Only Mostly Mad

Words: 292905
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 5:57 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Edreina on November 30th, 2013, 1:26 am

The flood of emotion in Edreina's system made her grin. She knew it was Ignotus's skill in hypnotism (twas too strong a feeling to be anything else) coming into play, but he was only logically making sure that his words were received as he felt that they should be. Her worries were pushed aside and her outlook acceptably raised and supported. And for that, she was oddly grateful.

His question struck her as unusual, but not uncalled for or out of line. "I don't want..." she hesitated, thoughts falling in to line a tick after she had started to speak. "I do not want to impose my will upon others needlessly. It is why I would not help the man earlier. I will not be a puppet to the will of others just like I will not reveal my abilities without cause." High cheeks grew rosy at the memory that she had revealed herself to Ignotus only a short while after knowing him, but she had felt safe with him being another mage. And, now, she was glad that she had. "But, when I must, I have no reason not to use my abilities to make things happen as I believe that they should. That's... why you used yours to stop the coup: you knew that it had to be ended." It was an assumption, but she felt it to be an accurate one.

(c) Wanda Endust
Edreina
Unbound

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Ignotus Everto on November 30th, 2013, 2:29 am

Ignotus' lips curled upwards, then. "Spoken like a true wizard." Of course, he stopped the coup because he knew it had to end with him in power instead, but that didn't make her words any less accurate, now did it?

It also didn't make the dark line on the horizon vanish. "... One that won't be outside rerouting a storm, too." he said with a resigned chuckle, "I envy you that."
Reimancy might have made him rich, but it also, quite often, made him very, very wet.

A thousand thanks to Phoenix for the gorgeous blue frame, and a thousand more to Edreina for her beautiful magic-themed one!

Correspondence Thread
Ignotus Everto
Only Mostly Mad

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Edreina on November 30th, 2013, 5:20 am

Blue eyes fell on the dark gray horizon thoughtfully as Ignotus spoke and, not for the first time, her mind fell to the night they had first met when Ignotus had somehow been able to gift her with clean air. He spoke of the storm as if... could he really somehow affect its course? "The magic you do with wind... What is that?" Curiosity was so evident in her voice that she needed no Hypnotism to coax him into telling her, hopefully.

If he did tell her, she would go on to ask how he had learned it. If not, she would shuffle and move on to another subject.

(c) Wanda Endust
Edreina
Unbound

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Ignotus Everto on November 30th, 2013, 6:11 am

"Reimancy, my dear." he said for what he thought was the third time. Perhaps it just blew her mind harder than he thought. Or she was just awful at remembering things. When she asked him how he learned it, however, he grinned.

"It came to me." was the wizard's vague answer. The story of how was a long one, and one he had little interest in telling.

Correspondence Thread
Ignotus Everto
Only Mostly Mad

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Edreina on November 30th, 2013, 7:04 am

"Reimancy..." she repeated, wondering why the seemingly familiar word refused to stick in her mind. "Since it came to you... could it come to me one day to?" Her head cocked to the side so that her hair, so high in its pony tail swung merrily, betraying her curiosity. It was a playful statement, meant to perhaps urge another word or two on the subject from him. On instinct, she brought a little Djed to her eyes, fueling the impression that it was okay to tell her these things, that he wanted her to know more about how he had come to know the magic, if only to shut up her constant curiosity. Manipulating Djed without talking was still difficult for the Svefra, sometimes leading to her face emptying as she focused on getting her Djed to perform as she pleased. But, this suggestion was so simple and small that she was able to keep the smile bright and shining on her face.

This one was, notably more so. She had seen him extinguish an entire house on fire with a well placed gust of wind. The possibilities of this were endless in her mind. If ever there were a day that Hypnotism failed her and she found herself embedded in a skirmish, some sort of defensive magic would be incredibly useful. She could see it now: Herself and Razkar engaged in some fierce scuffle, ending with her creating an enormous gust of wind that blows away their enemies, giving them the time to run away. It was a silly woman's day dream, but there were dozens of more plausible applications for such an art, she was sure. A certain Otani' antic of propelling her ship very quickly with a gust of wind came to mind.

(c) Wanda Endust
Edreina
Unbound

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Ignotus Everto on November 30th, 2013, 8:58 am

The Nuit chuckled, in a sort of good natured, aren't-you-precious way. "Such a thing has only happened to a handful of people, and normally at a young age. Most have to be initiated."

It was a source of pride for him that he could count himself alongside Sagallius and other legendary figures as one who could create Res without being primed. Not least of which because of the fact that the event went on to change his life and catapult him onto the path that led him to his current, opulent lot in life.

Correspondence Thread
Ignotus Everto
Only Mostly Mad

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Edreina on November 30th, 2013, 9:31 am

"Well..." for an instant she hesitated, chewing on her lower lip. But, it was only for an instant. "Would you be able to initiate me?" If he had to give her anything, it was that she was bold. Or, that she could not hold any thought that crossed her mind in her brain and that each one seemed to spout from her lips as easily as a zealot's gospel truth. Whatever she said was something she believed in, something she felt deep in her soul.

"I mean... I know that it would probably be hard, would be dangerous but..." Ignotus was not a foolish young man she could persuade with her wits and her womanly wiles. He needed true logic, a plan and outlook in terms of the future, not just a petty whim. "If one day my hypnotism fails me, I would rather fall back on another sort of magic than a clumsy blade. I feel that with Reimancy, I will be better able to defend myself and my..." Her lips quirked and she thought back to their earlier conversation, "...interests."

(c) Wanda Endust
Edreina
Unbound

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Ignotus Everto on November 30th, 2013, 9:55 am

Ignotus made little effort to hide his opinion on the matter. His lips pursed, valleys formed between his brows, and he said, without hesitation or give, "No."

"Reimancy is nothing like Hypnotism." said the wizard, his words like vinegar, "Hypnotism alters. Reimancy out-and-out discards. Hypnotism will cause bleeding when overdone. Reimancy will cloud your mind and convince you to cast more."

He turned the girl around to face him then, his expression severe, "Without proper supervision, which you, leaving the country, will not have, the only thing you will accomplish with Reimancy is killing everyone around you before collapsing into dust- and I don't say that figuratively."

In his mind, that was the end of the matter. He himself had more than a few brushes with death just in the past year, and he was an experienced wizard with a proper education. Edreina, for all her wit and willpower, had neither experience or education. If he were to initiate her, he would, for all intents and purposes, be arming a time bomb.

Correspondence Thread
Ignotus Everto
Only Mostly Mad

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

PreviousNext