Location The Icewall Gates

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

[Location] The Icewall Gates

Postby Vespirus on November 19th, 2011, 9:08 pm

Another beutiful morning, a young Vantha girl walked out of her hut and strided down the markets, making her way toward a stand selling fish. Her eyes were a deep blue, and a smile hung on her face. A small pounch was strung over her shoulder, and swayed at her side as she found her way through the bustling city.

On her way she noticed several Kelvics standing somewhat near the gates. Curiouse why so many of the same race had made there way to Avanthal, she stood from a distance and watched the strangers with curiosity.
I'll be nice to you, if your nice to me.
Vespirus
My voice will be heard soon enough

Words: 7142
Joined roleplay: November 19th, 2011, 6:28 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Postby Olek on November 20th, 2011, 5:46 am

78th Day of Fall, 511 A.V.

Amid the bundled citizens of Avanthal and the pearly white bear sentinels Olek felt slightly out of place. But Avanthal was a pleasant place of community oriented people, from what he could see. They showed their teeth in pleasant smiles as they passed each other and traded daily gossip. Their eyes charged like the winter lights as they crunched through the frost on their way out the gates or towards the market for their daily foray.

He picked a spot with moderate foot traffic, though not the most popular spot. There was a limit to his bravery when faced with crowds of humans. He let the fox and rabbit pelts slip off his shoulder and plop on the ground. He nudged them apart with his foot so that each individual was visible. That done he squatted behind his meager wares and stared expectantly around himself. After a few moments with no potential customers he began wondering if he was doing it wrong. Perhaps all these people were adequately supplies with furs. He decided to wait it out.
Last edited by Olek on November 21st, 2011, 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Olek
Hunter, Lonely Soul

Words: 6986
Joined roleplay: November 17th, 2011, 2:26 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Vespirus on November 20th, 2011, 4:27 pm

The Vantha girl, working up her courage to confront one of the shape-shifters, slowly trotted over to the boy awkwardly sitting between his furs. Her hair swayed with the icy wind as she walked, her eyes resting within a yellow and a blue like color. "Hello!" She said grinning ear to ear. Her perfect teeth glistened from the sun's reflection in the snow. "Your pelts look beautiful, are they for sale?"
Vespirus

Character sheet

Postby Spencer on November 20th, 2011, 6:02 pm

Spencer walked softly on the snow covered ground, looking around at all the humans talking to one another and trading goods. He tried not to make any eye contact with anyone, though it was tough since everyone was crowded around him. He was getting really agitated with all the noise around him, his heightend senses made it impossible to get some quiet anywhere.
Someday everything will
make perfect sense.
So for now
laugh at the confusion,
smile through the Tears,
and keep reminding yourself
everything happens for a reason.
Spencer
Player

Words: 5988
Joined roleplay: October 19th, 2011, 1:22 am
Character sheet

Postby Olek on November 21st, 2011, 2:59 am

When the young Vantha girl approached Olek stood. He smiled down at her hesitantly. He found himself staring at her eyes and instead looked down at his pelts. The young Kelvic had been fascinated by the changeable beauty of Morwen's children since finding Avanthal. He nodded and held up the bigger fox pelt. "Yes, they are for sale. You are interested?"

He blinked at her vibrantly colored eyes, blessed with the light of the Aurora Borealis, with his greys so like a winter storm. "For you I'll sell it cheap." His grin made the thin scars on his face stretch and shine.
Olek
Hunter, Lonely Soul

Character sheet

Postby Vespirus on November 21st, 2011, 3:45 am

"Really!?" The girl's smile grew even larger, her eyes changed to a violet blue. "Thank you so much! My name is Vespirus, but my friends call me Ves." She shuffled her feat and her voice flowed through the air, more like a calm stream of water, than actual words. She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "Oh I almost forgot, how much is the pelt?"
Vespirus

Character sheet

Postby Olek on November 21st, 2011, 10:40 am

"My name is Vespirus, but my friends call me Ves." the Vantha girl told him happily, her smile growing. Olek said her name, tasting it on his tongue. Somehow her smile made him feel more comfortable. Vespirus was a total contrast to the Hunter, who had almost never smiled. Olek hadn't even known what a smile was until the day he ran away.

"I am called Olek. No friends have ever called me different." He said, imitating her light and happy tone. He neglected to inform her that he could not remember ever having any friends, save perhaps his mother before her death. He glanced down at the pelt, suddenly realizing he had no idea what it would be worth in mizas. He scratched the side of his head and laughed nervously. The girl was looking at him expectantly, waiting for his answer. "Hmm. What do you think the fox pelt is worth, Vespirus?" He said her name again, it sounded nice rolling off his tongue.
Olek
Hunter, Lonely Soul

Character sheet

Postby Vespirus on November 21st, 2011, 2:07 pm

"Well, Olek" She said. She looked up, contemplating on the logic behind her guess. "Since fox pelts aren't very uncommon in Avanthal, you shouldn't expect most villagers to pay for more than to five gold mizas, but no less than one." She held the pelt, and felt it against her smooth flawless face. She looked back up to Olek, and stared dreamily into his grey stormy eyes, while her own changed to a lavender purple.
Vespirus

Character sheet

Postby Olek on November 22nd, 2011, 11:35 am

Olek smiled a bit uncomfortably. He shifted his cat-like eyes from the pelt to her own, but couldn't look at her for long for some reason. "Well I already have a bunch of the gold ones, I was hoping to get some of the silver or copper ones, since I don't have any of those yet." Olek said, shrugging one cloaked shoulder. "So if you have any of those ill take them." He tried not to watch Vespirus rubbing the fur across her face, but at the same time found nothing else that he wanted to watch.
Olek
Hunter, Lonely Soul

Character sheet

Postby Vespirus on November 22nd, 2011, 1:28 pm

Vespirus caught herself staring at the traveler and blushed. "Oh, i'm so sorry! I didn't mean to stare or anything. I just kinda... got lost in you're eyes." She looked down and her eyes quickly shifted to a silver color. She fished out 600 Silver Mizas, then put them in Olek's palm. "So um, I take it that you don't have a house nearby. If you wanted, you could stay with me for a little while." The girl nervously shifted her feet. "It gets really lonely, My dad died a while back, and my mother travels the world, so I always have room for another person in my house."
A chilling breeze made her hair sway with the wind, she didn't even remember that she gave the boy more money than the pelt was worth. She didn't care either, her first chance at making friends with someone who she hadn't known her whole life, and she might have blown it. If her last resort was presented too soon, her new acquaintance might feel awkward and run, or he might stay and make it worse. If he agreed she wouldn't even know what to do next. She looked down, and waited for a response. She picked her knife out of her satchel, closed the carrier, and stared at it. The knife was made of pure silver, and the handle curved up into a circle. A polar bear's head was etched into the blade.
Vespirus

Character sheet

PreviousNext