Closed Everyone's a Critic [Kaden]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Everyone's a Critic [Kaden]

Postby Spirit Frostfawn on November 28th, 2013, 1:34 pm

Fall 73rd, 513 AV
Continued from Just Be

Spirit nearly panicked when Kaden started to strip. ”No-“ she started, but abandoned that and hustled him out of the stables before anyone else noticed him… and he didn’t shift in front of the horses. When the man pulled off his breeches, she sighed and turned, staring blankly at the stable wall. She would explain this to him after he shifted… though Morwen knew why he wanted to do that? Another ride? Really not needed. The stables were right next to the Frostfawn Arvinta, after all.

Only when he’d shifted and was lying down, did she turn around and speak to the Kelvic. He seemed to want her to ride him… great… ”Kaden…” she began, feeling a little guilty about not telling him before he’d bothered to strip and shift. ”My cousin’s over there. In the Frostfawn arvinta. Most of the moving we’ll be doing is inside…” To prove her point, she pointed a finger in the direction of another, larger, and much closer building. Her room was actually quite close to the exit, and her cousin’s was nearby hers… though he might be with one of his friends, or her uncle.

Once the shifting and dressing was dealt with, she led Kaden to one of the nearby entrances. She slipped through the door and into the Arvinta, holding it open so her bondmate and the three dogs could come through as well. The area was well lit with stormgems, which also provided well-needed warmth. She shivered once, but pulled off her jacket and slung it over her arm. After a moment of walking through one of the smaller halls, she paused, realizing that the Kelvic was probably wondering where they were.

”This is the Frostfawn Arvinta” she explained, turning around to face the big cat, with her arms spread wide. ”All the Frostfawns live here. It’s basically one big building, with a lot of rooms in it, coupled with common rooms where people sit, talk, and tell stories. It means that we can all have company, even when stuck inside during a snowstorm!” She smiled, remembering that something similar had happened right before she’d met Kaden for a second time. Their first meeting hadn’t really been a full out meeting, however, and she really thought of the start of their time together as starting on the 70th.

With a small wave of her hand, she turned, and continued for only a few more moments before reaching her Arvinta. She opened the door, and was immediately forced back as the three outside rushed to greet those inside… then the ones inside ran up to greet Spirit herself. It was a big mess of fur tails, and wagging, until the other puppy – the male one – darted forward at Kaden with a playful growl. Hopefully, her bondmate would recognize the wish to play during his time with Ticker… and not think that it was an actual challenge. Nor mind the chewing… as the furry creature had come up and was nibbling on one of the Kelvic’s boots.

The Frostfawn grinned widely and pulled the puppy back, before shooing the six dogs back into her Arvinta. ”I’ll come back” she reassured the small pack, before explaining to Kaden ”This is my room – we’ll leave Ticker here with the rest of the dogs, so he can have company… and not get in the way.” Through the door, it would be easy to see that said puppy was having a marvelous time scrabbling and rolling with his brother, and even trying to drag Fog into it too… who was busy (attempting) to sniff the new arrival.

”Cmon” she waved, before shutting the door on the scuffling dogs. She began down the hallway again, before quickly turning to another door. Both entrances had been around the same common room: a space full of seats, pillows, and… another cat. This one remarkably had a similar pelt to the Kelvic, tabby orange, though the faint stripes were white rather than black. It had long hair as well, and a grouchy expression as it watched the newcomers from it’s perch on a sofa. Spirit frowned at the creature for a moment, wondering if that was what Kaden was like when he was grumpy… then let it go and knocked on the door.

Within moments, it was pulled open by her cousin, who exclaimed loudly ”Spirit!” and wrapped her in a big hug. She’d seen him the day before, so he was mostly overreacting. The Vantha glanced up and showed a massive grin to Kaden. ”You! Her Kelvic friend – that tiger. Spirit’s talked about you a lot. Nice to see you back together, you make a nice pair. Whatcha doing here?” He was joking, but launched a playful punch at the younger girl’s shoulder. She scowled at the man, playfully, before realizing… she had to explain things.

Her jaw locked, wondering how she could go around this without getting stuff out the wrong way. ”Well… um…” she mumbled, trying to figure out how to put this. Her cousin frowned, confused at the lack of a response. ”Yessss…?” he asked, trying to prod his relative into speaking. ”Weeell… y’know Icewatch bears, and their bonding, right?” He nodded, lips still curled into a frown. ”It happens with all Kelvics, and, uh…” She stumbled on her words, but luckily her cousin got the message. ”Amazing!” He beamed up at Kaden too, before refocusing on the shorter person. ”But there’s another point here…?”

Spirit nodded. ”See, he sleeps outside – in the wastes. And that’s not good, of course, even being a tiger. He wanted to stay with me, so….” She twidled her fingers for a moment, before just getting to the point. ”He’sgoingtosleepinmyroomsoweneedhelpgettinganotherbed…there’snothingwrong…” she blurted, practically running out of breath during the sentence. She let out a huge sigh, and glanced up at the man with an apologetic expression.

Just like she’d expected… his grin simply widened. ”Really? Nothing…”
“No.”
“Sure?”
“Yes.”
The man sighed with mock disappointment, before slipping out of his own room and shut the door. ”When father hears this…” he grinned, but the younger Frostfawn shook her head. ”We’ll explain that later. He’ll understand. Honestly… it’s nothing. Please… I don’t want people joking about it… “ she sighed quietly, rubbing her forehead.

OOCMerp. Long post. I’m leaving it here before I get too overboard >.>

x
x

Spirit Frostfawn
Whistle with the Birds

Words: 302388
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2013, 11:53 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Kaden Swift on November 29th, 2013, 8:57 pm

ooc :
Sorry mine is nowhere as good as yours. Its just reacting, not really doing much to contribute. Really not feeling good but I hope it isn't to bad.

He huffed unhappily as he was pushed out. He continued to tug away his clothes regardless but as he shifted and lay he turned his ears back as she told him he needed to change back since it wasn’t needed. Inside, he didn’t like going inside these building. One smelled of dust one smelled of burning things, maybe this one would be better but he doubted it. Still he changed back and pulled his clothes back on before he followed her.

Semi familiar things gave way to the strange as they moved. He had never entered the holds, he had never wanted to. He didn’t belong to any of them and he didn’t want to tempt any of them to take too much notice of him. He understood Spirit was a Frostfawn and he knew she took it for a name as did others. At one point he mistook them to all be related but seeing two of them with a cub he realized they were not. So he took to ignoring the names and just watched for scents.

He looked where she pointed and didn’t get it. It all looked and smelled the same to him. He gave a small motion to Ticker and the puppy raced to his side and wagged his tail. Seems he was having fun with more dogs. The familiar was gone and all Kaden saw now was new things and places. The hair on the back of his neck stood as he felt like he was walking into the den of a threat. “I am not a Frostfawn,” he said after a little bit of her explaining to him where they were. He didn’t know if he was going to be allowed here. He had never thought about what might happen if he stayed with Spirit, would they get angry at her?

He still followed, his eyes flicking to one thing then another warily. He would have felt safer if he could shift but Spirit wanted him dressed and talking. Then there were dogs everywhere and Kaden’s eyes widened. Hearing the growl he looked down to see a small puppy. It must have been Tickers littermate. As it bit at his boots the Kelvic leaned down and batted the puppy to force it on its side. Keeping in mind its soft bones he stroked its fur then gave it a good push. “You really like dogs.” He straightened out to watch Ticker joyfully plow through the pack of dogs barking biting and playing.

Then Spirit took over and they went inside. Kaden felt relief wash over him. “Okay, he has never been inside much.” Kaden hoped he didn’t destroy anything. The Kelvic treated Ticker like a cat rather than a dog, he gave the puppy free range to do as he liked and go where he wanted so long as the puppy game back. Ticker always did but Kaden had never left him in a room before. He followed her as she set off again; already Kaden had firmly marked where Spirits room was so that he could remember. After all he had to protect it now, his bonded trusted easily to have a den where any could find it.

Her perked up when he spotted the cat. He loved the animals immensely and had a good time with a large tom that had showed him a few things in town to note. Chuffing Kaden greeted his fellow feline with a slow blink which he watched was returned. It was clear to the Kelvic that the cat was putting on airs but he didn’t mind. It was amusing and he knew the other cat thought he was amusing to follow a human around. He could see it in the tabby’s fanned and twitching whiskers. He pulled back his lips to show his teeth but the other cat only flicked his tail. It was a broken talking, Kaden couldn’t reply fully not without whiskers ears and his tail.

Marking that he would talk to it later he looked up on high alert at the male voice. Seeing Spirit hugged Kaden flicked his fingers but didn’t do anything knowing it wasn’t a threatening motion and Spirit didn’t react as if it were. Then he was spoken to and he took a good look at the new human. He recognized him as the hunter from before, the one that threw the tiny thin sticks. Seeing the male punch Spirit, Kaden growled warningly. He knew it hadn’t been hard but he wasn’t about to let that small fact change that Spirit had still been hit. It was only his knowledge that this male belonged to Spirit that stopped him from returning the motion a lot harder.

He let Spirit explain, frowning ever so slightly as he wondered why she seemed unhappy to tell the other human. She had seemed happy with the bonding before. He looked to the male as he beamed him a smile but Kaden only barred his teeth, not yet forgiving the male. Still Spirit spoke more prompted by the little hunters question and the Kelvic couldn’t help the slow uncomprehending blink as her words rushed together. Then they seemed to ping words between them and Kaden grew dizzy turning from one to the other. He could see it was stressing Spirit.

He didn’t know what to do so he brushed Spirits side with a bump before glaring at the male. “Move and I bite, Spirits litter mate.” He barred his teeth, his features softened as he looked down at Spirit herself. “Want me to kill him,” he offered it as if it was no different than offering to move a rock.

Kaden Swift
What the night dragged in

Words: 122423
Joined roleplay: September 20th, 2013, 12:32 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Spirit Frostfawn on November 30th, 2013, 2:18 am

Fall 73rd, 513 AV

OOCHeh, no problem!

...I kept the date because I thought it looked quite nice that way XD

Again, I ended it a little ways on, so it didn't get excessively long >.>

Both Spirit and Maroah (her cousin) looked horrified at Kaden's statement. The former, however, couldn't help but twitch her lips into a tiny grin. Trust her bonded to try and protect her from her own cousin... though he was a little overprotective, it was really quite sweet. "Woah, woah, WHAT?" her cousin blurted, confusion and fright in his eyes. He raised both hands up in surrender, backing up from the read-head as far as he could go, stopping at his own door. "Wait, kill me? Really?" he glanced around, trying to catch his relative's eyes for help.

However, the Frostfawn wasn't being much help. She'd planted a hand over her mouth, in an attempt to hide the growing smile.. but her eyes showed it all. Soon enough she began giggling, a sound that just increased with Maroah's glare. "Oi. This isn't funny" he grumbled, mouth turning into a slight pout. The young groom simply sighed and shook her head, still unable to contain the occasional chuckle or two. Her cousin's expression had been... amazing.

"Kaden" she turned, addressing the Kelvic in a stern but vaguely motherly tone. "Please don't offer to kill people... it's slightly... disturbing. Especially on their behalf." This brought another giggle and grin that were quickly stifled... she had to keep up appearances, no? "I'll tell you if I need anyone... killed, don't worry." She finished with a small pat of Kaden's hand, trying to contain her humor. Maroah still looked a little indignant, the blue streak in his hair clashing badly with his oddly shaded green eyes. However, those faded to a calmer navy blue, coupled with a quiet sigh.

"Well... if I'm not going to be disemboweled any time soon, lets go, shall we? I think I remember a small Iceglaze store that sells furniture... and we can pick up a blanket along the way." Without another word, Spirit's cousin turned on his heel and marched down another hall, body showing every inch of his wounded pride. However, she knew the man would take it well... his sense of humor was ever lasting, though his attempted jokes were terrible. There had been that one good one... but it was an exception.

They walked for a number of chimes, out of the Arvinta and into the snow, slowly but surely making their way to the main city area. Technically, all the holds collectively made the city, but the center held Morwen's palace, along with a few other businesses. That was apparently where Maroah was headed... but they did make a stop along the way. They passed by the market places, with the smallest member of the group keeping an eye out for a blanket seller...

Soon enough, she spotted a middle-aged man leaning on a simple stall, surrounded by piles and piles of various colored blankets. He seemed to brighten up at her approach, straightening, while his eyes changed from a bland grey to a bright orange. "Hello!" he exclaimed, obviously glad to have customers. "How may I help you today? Looking for a blanket?" He glanced around, as if wondering for which of their party the blanket was for.

The Frostfawn nodded, fingering some of the few mizas she'd brought with her. It should be enough to pay for the two items she planned on purchasing on that outing, as long as she kept to simple things. She knew Kaden probably wouldn't use the bed that often, preferring to sleep in his cat form. Still, it was good to have something in reserve, in case the Kelvic decided to take on his smaller form for the night. Who knew... cats changed their minds, right?

"Just a simple winter blanket, please" she instructed, pointing to one that looked suitable. The shopkeeper nodded, picking up the item and passing it to the girl. "Five silver mizas, please? Anything else?" After a shake of her head, Spirit passed over the coin and made her way away from the market, heavy blanket in arms. It was a plain grey color, smooth, but warm... even with Morwen's mark, you didn't want to freeze in the middle of the night.

Once that first purchase was done, Maroah led the pair to a small building, seamless with the rest. A sign out front labeled it as a furniture store, and all three made their way inside. There, was a young-looking Iceglaze with a bright, perky face, and a green shine to his hair. Like the first shopkeeper, his expression lightened at their approach, though he greeted the groom's cousin directly. "Maroah! Nice to see you here! What do you need? And who are these extra fellows?" The man motioned to the other two, Spirit and Kaden.

"Spirit, my cousin, and... uh..." the Frostfawn frowned, attempting to remember Kaden's name. "Kaden" she interjected, a small smile growing on her face. Maroah nodded, before continuing. "Right. We're looking for a bed... mattress included. As you can see, we already have a blanket. Any in stock?" The Iceglaze nodded his head once, face turning to a musing expression. "Yea... I think so. And in the Frostfawn style, actually. Your little doggies can sleep underneath. Do you need help transporting, or can you do it yourself? I'm pretty sure most of the snow has been cleared up for today, so the walk shouldn't be too hard."

After a few more, short discussions, money was paid, taking another ten gold mizas out of Spirit's pockets. However, they were supplied with a bed, which she allowed the two men of the group to take. Maroah took the back end, so he'd have to be walking backwards, before motioning for the Kelvic to join him with the other end. It wasn't that heavy, made from some of the rare wood in Avanthal, but would probably take both their strength to lift.

ST NOTE10gm and 5sm deducted from ledger

x
x

Spirit Frostfawn
Whistle with the Birds

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Kaden Swift on December 1st, 2013, 6:34 pm

ooc :
I think the date looks neat as well. Maybe you should start saving some of Spirits most favorable quotes and use those to?

Kaden pulled his lips back and growled. A surprisingly deep and menacing sound coming from something that looks human. “No hitting.” Kaden didn’t move but to shift and stretch ever so slightly to suggest that at any time he could jump the human male and pound into him. Kaden wouldn’t worry about his clothes if it came to a run, he would shift and take him down like a deer. The Kelvic tore his gaze from the human threat as Spirit called him.

He wanted to tear the male to pieces for daring to touch his bonded. He gave a small grunt as she started to scold him. “He hit you,” Kaden mumbled it but looked chastened. So he bowed his head and let his eyes go down, a trick he learned from Ticker. His fingers flexed as his hand was petted but otherwise he was still and waiting. When no blows came and everyone headed off he followed. So, he was now allowed to threaten to disembowel someone when they were there.

This was a new rule, the slavers liked when he killed people they would throw in his cage. Grumbling to himself he raised a hand to rub his eyes but flinched as he spread dirt on himself. He really wanted to sit and groom his fur. Coldly he looked at the other male and flashed his teeth without saying anything. For now; he was a cat and he could wait. His patience was endless; he wouldn’t let anyone get away with hitting his bonded even if she didn’t mind it. Feeling better Kaden relaxed internally and took to watching the streets as they walked.

He yawned and let his jaws crack. There would be no sleeping tonight. Looking up at the new voice he realized they had stopped. Surprised Kaden looked at the new place and saw piles of things of all different colors. His attention snapped at the word Mizas and he watched as Spirit handed them over. They were different then the gold ones he knew. Quickly he had to follow her but he looked to his bag that he casually held to his side. He had a lot of them. Seeing Spirit holding the large thing he frowned. He didn’t say anything however since Spirit had already scolded him once.

Then they came to another area and for the first time in a while Kaden smelled wood. Perking up he looked at yet one more new human. He saw Spirit pass more of the coins, this time the gold ones he knew. Then he was being directed to pick up part of the purchased thing. He growled at Maroah but took up the bed and heaved it up. He was too tall and Maroah too short to make it easy to hold it as he wanted to. Setting it back down Kaden looked the bed over. “Let go.” He wasn’t about to be in a position where he had to accept help from another male much less one he wasn’t allowed to hurt.

He watched until the Maroah moved away before Kaden looked the bed over again. It wasn’t that heavy but it was big and that was the problem. Tilting his head he tried thinking of what to do. In the end he took the blanket from Spirit gently, but thrust it at Maroah to hold. “No making Spirit a horse.” Finally he picked it up by the side of the bed and pulled it flushed against him to keep the mattress safe from falling; then he lifted it high till one of the sides struck then hung off his shoulder. Happy he looked at Spirit and waited for her to tell him where to go. He wanted her to be happy and prove to her he was with the bond link.

The bedframe and mattress were heavy but as they hung from one of his shoulders he was able to hold it alone. His nails had sunk into the wood to keep it steady. It hurt his pride to allow a human to help him with something like this. His bonded wanted something moved then he would do it, not some stranger. Rolling his shoulders caused the bed to move but he gave no sign that it bothered him despite the jolt of pain he suddenly felt. He had forgotten about his wounds and the bed fell on the one at his shoulder. He showed nothing on his face or his stance but inside he was angry at himself.

Agitated he was weak from wounds, pissed that another male thought he was weak enough to need help. He was felt something else, a new emotion he wasn’t sure what. He was embarrassed. If it had been just a day earlier he would have been forced to accept the other males help; and Kaden wasn’t use to this emotion and so it turned to more agitation snarling and snipping inside him. Nothing of him showed it, his face and stance were loose and easy and he calmly waited for Spirit to start to move.

“What is this for?” He asked softly, remembering suddenly Spirit could feel some of what he was feeling. He didn't want her to think he was upset at her.

Kaden Swift

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Spirit Frostfawn on December 2nd, 2013, 6:15 pm

Fall 73rd, 513 AV

Spirit frowned at first when Kaden began picking up the bed... then put it down again. She opened her mouth to ask what the problem was... his shoulder? She didn't want to strain that. However, the Kelvic was apparently already in action, when he plucked the blanket from her arms, and deposited it in Maroah's, mentioning something about her not being a horse. She stared at her bondmate in confusion, and emotion so strong it would certainly radiate across their still-growing bond.

"Ehh?" she muttered, bewlidered, her expression mirrored on her cousin's face. However, she was quickly broken out of this when Kaden picked up the bed and mattress on his own, heafting them onto his shoulders... For a moment, the Frostfawn was simply amazed he could do something like that. Her mind wondered how he'd get out of the door, as well... it was too thin to fit through width wise. She was then irritated that he'd denied Maroah's help... what was going through his mind then?

She could feel his agitation. He didn't look it, standing calmly and easily, but he was agitated anyways. And his wound probably hurt... though that knowledge was more her medical 'expertise' (it wasn't much) than their bond. She didn't know what he was irritated with, but instead stood in blatant shock... until she remembered his injury... again. "Your stitches!" she squeaked, alarmed.

"Your stitches! You'll break the stitches!" She began rubbing her hands together, beginning to panic - though for the Kelvic's health, rather than her own. Getting those re-stitched would be annoying... very annoying... Kaden wouldn't like it at all. While musing on this, she realized that her bondmate wasn't going to put the mattress down... he needed to accept Maroah's help, and she didn't care about... his pride, or whatever stupid thing men had that made them want to prove themselves against each other.

Straightening, she stared straight into the big cat's eyes, not letting her lack of height affect her authority. "Put that down" she said sternly, as if talking to one of her dogs. She added a down motion to the statement, as a visual to the command. "You will break your stitches, and re-open your shoulder. Put that down and let Maroah help you." She glared at them full on, a finger still pointing stiffly at the floor. She heard a muffled chuckle from the Iceglaze at the back, but ignored it. Her cousin was glancing between the two in a mixture of amazement and shock.

"Now" she stressed, finalizing the order. After a few more moments of stiff stance, she retrieved the folded blanket from her cousin. "You, help" she told him in the same tone, though it was slightly softer. She would explain her other reasoning to Kaden once they got back to the Arvinta, as well as figure out his own reasoning. Though it was probably his Kelvic nature that made his actions so extreme... there was still all that male blood in him. Must be strong, must be manly. Considering she lived with two men, she sort of understood them... more like, she recognized their habits, and didn't understand their reasoning... she vaguely knew what Kaden was doing. And didn't like it.

x
x

Spirit Frostfawn
Whistle with the Birds

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Kaden Swift on December 3rd, 2013, 4:02 pm

Kaden stood waiting, a muscle now and then flicking or twitching as his body demanded he move or put the bed down. His wound throbbed warningly with heat. There was not yet the smell of his own blood so he didn’t care. He was confused at how spirit and Maroah were looking at him however; he didn’t do anything that warranted their shocked expression. “Go?” Kaden jerked his head trying to get them to start walking. While he could carry the bed if they didn’t start moving he would drop it as the bone and wound in his shoulder grew more painful.

He was close to growling when Spirit suddenly spoke up like a sudden bark. He flinched in surprise but looked at her with no facial changes even as she repeated it. He didn’t want the humans to know he was hurt. Growling now, Kaden grew taunt and stiff. He wanted to hide the pain, keep it a secret; then no one would dare attack or test him. Now they would know he was injured he couldn’t fight all of them. His agitation grew, colored sharply with stress. Weakness wasn’t allowed but his own bonded just told every living thing around them.

He looked at her then and saw her staring at him. He didn’t blink as their eyes locked but had he been in his feline form his hackles would have raised. She repeated his wounds and even the place. Kaden snapped his teeth and hissed at her wanting to make her stop, but that would mean hitting his bonded and he couldn’t do that. Furious he growled but the sound of laughter made him shiver and his pupils grow. He shivered again, hating wanting to rip all of them to bits and run. He knew he could do it, easily. They were weak; they were soft and breakable things.

He was shivering and shaking as Spirit snapped him out of their death images. His eyes focused again he finally set the bed down. Still he shook with the need for blood on his hands but he didn’t move just stood silently as waves of hate rolled through him. Then abruptly his body stilled and loosened but inside he was filled with a chaotic storm. “Hurry up human male.” He snapped it out with clicking teeth. He wanted to shift and until he did what his bonded wanted he couldn’t. Shifting and run, too much energy he had nearly wanted to hurt his bonded.

With that shame flooded him and Kaden looked down submissively. He never wanted to hurt her, but h wasn’t a dog and she told everyone he was hurt. Humans poked at wounds; they jabbed and hit at them. Shivering once, he picked up his end of the bed and just kept silent. Hurt that his bonded didn’t understand; ashamed he had nearly hurt her; and now his anger was simply fear. He didn’t want them to know.

Kaden Swift

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Spirit Frostfawn on December 3rd, 2013, 6:29 pm

Fall 73rd, 513 AV

Spirit was immensely relieved when Kaden complied, and set the bed down. However... he had not been happy about it. She'd felt the agitation, the anger, and even heard it in his growls. Her lips turned into a concerned frown, and she wanted to hug him again, to comfort the Kelvic... but this wasn't the time. Still, when the anger turned to fear, she became even more worried... but she didn't know what else to say. Instead, she watched her bondmate with eyes full of worry and concern, and a little bit of pity.

Maroah, despite his endless humor, was a little put off by the actions, but picked up the back half of the bed when it was put down. Without speaking to Kaden, he lifted his end and began waddling awkwardly towards the door. The younger Frostfawn slipped outside to hold it open, letting the two men carry the weight out of the building. When her friend and bonded made his way out, she let the door slip closed, giving the Kelvic a small pat on the hand at the same time, as well as a smile.

She slowly but surely led them back to the Frostfawn Arvinta, directing the pair of men through areas with as little snow on the ground as possible. A few people greeted them on their way, asking about the bed, but Spirit simply ignored them. She wanted to get back home soon. After another few chimes, they'd managed to force the bed into her room, through the group of dogs, and into an empty spot on the furthest wall from her own bed. She'd deposited the blanket on that, before shooing her cousin out.

Now that everything was done, Spirit let out a huge breath and sat on the floor, hard. Her brain was a little tired, but she still cuddled Wind when he approached. Orange, Icicle, and Ticker (the three puppies) were playfully attacking Kaden, leaving her with the other three dogs. There was going to be eight living in this one room... Morwen help her, it would be crazy. Still, the thought of living with everyone she loved made her smile, and she patted Wind on the head before focusing on Fog.

"So..." she began, wondering what to say. She wanted to ask why her bondmate had tried to pick up the bed on his own, but didn't feel like it was the right time. "I hope you don't mind all the dogs... they generally sleep under the beds. You can sleep in your cat form on the floor, or on the bed as a human... I don't think you'll fit under." She frowned, trying to remember how tall the Kelvic was as a cat, and lying down. The beds were built with long legs to allow animals so sleep underneath, but probably weren't constructed for giant cats, of all things.

Finally, she couldn't hold back the question anymore. "Kaden, why did you try to take the bed on your own? Even when it hurt?" Her voice was full of the concern she'd felt earlier, and she watched her bondmate carefully, watching his expressions and feelings. She wanted to make his as comfortable as possible, and avoid any misunderstandings that might bring disaster.

x
x

Spirit Frostfawn
Whistle with the Birds

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Kaden Swift on December 3rd, 2013, 7:18 pm

ooc :
Hmm, if you give me a bit I can do a Flashback so you can see the time he's talking about on the ship. It's so not pretty.

Kaden took care not to lift it higher than the human did. He was too tall to be doing this and it hurt his back as they walked and he forced himself to hunch down. It was neither a natural position to be in nor a comfortable one. Worse, it was a position that opened him up to lots of attacks and pains. He didn’t say a word however, even as he was petted on his head. Frowning he looked up at Spirit then just let his gaze slid away and back to his feet. This was humiliating.

As they walked Kaden tensed and flinched when people got to close. He couldn’t let the bed go and drop it would break and anyway Spirit kept walking and so did the male. He was however, glad when they came back to the denning place and he was directed inside and to put the bed down. He did so then sat down where he was. Unhappy and agitated until he was distracted by the puppies. At the ground they climbed all over biting licking and pouncing.

It took only a few seconds before Kaden was knocking them over and running his fingers over their stomach only to move to another puppy that tackles him next. He had to be careful of Spirits dogs’ but with Ticker he was far rougher but the puppy was rough in turn. Growling, snapping and biting Kaden with a lot more force than should have been allowed. The Kelvic made no move to stop it and swatted at the puppy with force to knock Ticker away from him a few feet which let the puppy charge him again. Ticker knew Kaden wouldn’t let him play with anyone else this tough but the puppy had drawn blood and Kaden didn’t even bat an eye as his wrist bled.

He was so busy playing that he didn’t notice when Spirit’s own attention left the dogs and went to him till she spoke. He froze like a guilty child before brushing the puppies back and growling which made Ticker stop and lay down panting heavily. He took his time to look under the bed. “I could, but not well.” It wouldn’t be comfortable to do so. “I have flexible bones, but they still break.” They would if he tried to stay under the bed for too long. Pressure was fine for a while but after a while they would bend then break. He hadn’t looked up, just continued to pet Ticker.

He knew that wasn’t all she was going to talk about and when she finally did he froze again. Kaden’s fingers twitched and still he didn’t look up or answer. He didn’t want to, not even to her; but she asked still. “I am not weak. I might be hurt but that doesn’t mean I can’t do anything you wanted me to, still you asked the human for help.” He sounded sullen and angry but his face didn’t change. He didn’t know how to lie, but he knew how to hide from years of pain and growing up to it. If he didn’t show anything on the outside they wouldn’t try hurting anything on the inside.

“It’s only pain, I can ignore pain it heals it goes away. I can’t fight everyone and can’t hide it always.” He hesitated to find the words and explain it. “So I wanted to show, I am stronger than the humans I didn’t need that ones help. Hurt or not I can do what they couldn’t, but you told.” He shivered. “If you are weak you will die, they will find out and kill you no matter how hard you fight they are more of them.” The slavers had more Kelvic then him on the ship; some were animals Kaden had never before seen. Yet they all shared what he did, wounds. In the dark and filthy conditions, never enough food or rest; the wounds festered.

“If they find it, you die no matter what you are. You are torn to bits with fingers, teeth and claws. Eaten and laughing.” He flinched as fear rolled off him. Ticker whimpered and seemed torn from moving closer to Kaden or moving away. “You told, now they know and so many humans. Can’t fight forever.” He was scared, hurt and angry. Why had she told?

Kaden Swift

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Spirit Frostfawn on December 3rd, 2013, 8:28 pm

Kaden's answer to her question was... odd. He didn't seem to want to show... weakness. He also didn't like Maroah helping, either. His explanation of the pain was... annoying at first. You didn't ignore pain, that wasn't the point. The point of pain was to tell you that something was wrong. However, as he continued... it became disturbing. Very disturbing. A look of horror worked it's way into her expression, and the slow petting of Fog's ears stopped.

Kaden seemed to assume that telling of his injury meant that people would come after him and hurt him. And he was scared... it was obvious, even through their new bond. For a few moments, she stared at the Kelvic in complete shock. What could have happened to create that opinion? It must have been horrible... so horrible. She worked her jaw for a moment, trying to decide what to say, while ignoring Fog's pawing. The dog wanted more cuddles, she knew that... but it wasn't important at the moment.

"Kaden..." she began, the single word holding her confused and mixed emotions. "Well... if you're hurt, it doesn't mean you're weak. I'm amazed you weren't hurt more by that cat. And... people don't hurt you if you're hurt, or weak. Think about the medical center. The whole building is made to help those who have been hurt. No one will..." she hesitated on the word, but decided to say it anyways. She actually felt a little close to tears. How did her bondmate get this in his mind? She knew some men liked to hide their pain because they didn't want to show weakness, sure, but... this was extreme.

"Kill you. No one. That's... well, Morwen doesn't like that, and neither does the Icewatch. Both are here to help us, keep us safe. If you're in pain, tell someone, so they can help you. Don't... don't..." She didn't know what to tell him not to do. Don't think that? It was an odd thing to say. Instead, she gave Kaden a slightly helpless look, before shoving her face into Fog's long grey fur. The dog wagged her tail slightly, thumping it on the floor, and one of the puppies - probably Icicle - started pulling at her hair she shook off the dog and straightened, feeling a little... calmer. She took a few deep breaths, rolled back her shoulders, and returned to addressing the Kelvic.

"Ok? You don't need to be scared of things like that. No one here wants to hurt you, even if you're weak..." She grinned widely, but still felt a little sad...

x
x

Spirit Frostfawn
Whistle with the Birds

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Kaden Swift on December 4th, 2013, 11:30 am

He looked at her as she said his name. Miserable and wary. Would she not want him, would he have to go? He couldn’t feel her emotions through the bond but he watched her face, her muscles. She was upset, he hadn’t wanted to make her upset she had asked. He wanted her to be happy. He listened to her, but none of that filtered through to him. “That is a human place,” he said it slowly and grudgingly. He didn’t want to give her more reason to be upset about all of this.

He knew Spirit was different; she was kind and smart; special. She trusted humans too much, even if they were Morwen’s children they were still humans. He heard her hesitate, knew why. No one would hurt him, or kill him. That was what she would tell him, but it was a lie. He didn’t understand the need for humans to lie. Why say something that wasn’t true like that? What was the point of talking if you say something that wasn’t true? Kaden stroked Tickers red fur slowly. Morwen, she was a god, the first he had ever seen. He knew the difference now, more than he ever had before.

“I don’t need help.” He glared at the ground, he didn’t need help he could do it and keep going. “Pain only hurts for a while.” He didn’t mind pain, it was something in him that wondered if the pain stopped did it mean he lay down and didn’t open his eyes anymore? Pain just was, he always had it and he understood and accepted that it would always be there. He couldn’t understand why Spirit seemed to dislike it so much. He watched her hollowly, not reacting much as she continued to pet her own dog.

Even if he was weak, Kaden bristled. “Not weak, I am strong and fast. I can do anything you want me to; I don’t need help from a human.” He didn’t need a human there to test him, to poke at him and see if he was weak as they were. He would get up and he would fight some more. “I don’t understand.” He said it slowly as if he had to drag the words from himself. He didn’t have enough knowledge about it to truly explain to Spirit. “There is always pain and it fades then new pain.” He didn’t think Spirit would hurt him if he fell, or if he slept. He did before; twice.

Still the steady thrum of fear beat at him. “Do not be sad, I have the sun and its okay.” He did, any time he wanted he could see the sun; or at least the sky. He wanted to forget, but she made him remember.

Kaden Swift

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next