Solo A Cage of Thought

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The unassuming den of the Constrictor Dhani, it is truly a pit of snakes. Travelers should take care, because the Dhani are always hungry... [Lore]

A Cage of Thought

Postby Evalin on November 28th, 2013, 5:42 pm

81st of Fall, 513 AV

Cold iron bars and the stillness of an empty cavern. Such was like bliss for Evalin as she gently shifted in her bonds upon the floor of her cage. Cuff's of silver and collar to match, like some porcelain doll she was, put upon display for all the world to see. Naked and bare to reveal all that she was to the world...

Raising her head the nuit would gaze out through the bars of her prison, self inflicted or not, grasping upon the cold metal with equally cold hands as she pressed her forehead against them. The rattle chains greeted each motion she made, an odd sensation for Evalin would never have thought that she would be the one wearing the bindings herself.

It is odd how such things occurs is it not my dear Tsenrika?

Her fingers gently brushed the icy gem that hung freely from her neck, and from it came a voice cold that echoed through her mind to fill her every fiber, Curious indeed, but such is the path one walks to traverse the fields of immortality. Never can one truly know what is to come.

This brought a smile to Evalin's lip as she lifted her head from its resting place, Indeed you are right. Thus it is up to those who walk the path to care the trail as one wishes it to be. Thus that is what shall be done this day. Releasing her grip upon the bars the Immortal Witch stood, straight in her prison, eyes gazing up at the top of the cage that would keep her imprisoned. Trailing down the bars and through the gaps Evalin would survey the room, and of course it was empty. Evalin rarely saw others come when the Mistress was away. Even her slave did not see fit to remain in her cage for long... To Evalin this was a ridiculous notion, to allow a slave such free reign. In some ways the flaming mage was strong and deadly, and others she was quite foolish. Such would have to change...

Looking down at those hands that flexed slowly against the effects of stiffening death, her mind fell back to contemplations, But what my dear Tsenrika might we do? How shall we proceed forward? Shall I not stay long as a child's play thing...

Preparations need be made...

The rattle of chains brought Evalin's attention back to the cuffs, and her eyes flickered with sudden inspiration, Yes... Preparations must be made...
[/color]
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

A Cage of Thought

Postby Evalin on November 29th, 2013, 7:24 pm

Settling upon the floor, her legs crossed, Evalin brought her hands before her eyes, resting her elbows on her knees. Turning each pale appendage over to be examined in the pale light, Morphing... That is what it was called. That magic which may bend and shape the djed as one pleases. The boy that showed this to us, Wrenmae I believe he was, the things he could do were truly inspiring. Thus I would wonder of what an Immortal might do with such power. She was thinking to herself, and of course her Familiar knew this and chose to remain silent. Flexing each individual finger Evalin let her mind fall to stillness, becoming quiet as she let her concentration seek out a peaceful state of being. Her lids half closed as she pulled her mind's eye to the forefront of her thoughts, letting it slowly open to paint a picture of what was and what would be. Evalin could see it then, a depiction of herself etched into the fabric of her mind. Shimmering green as if it were lit from within, a pure mental construct of what she knew to be her djed. Moving her mental self forward Evalin would search up and down this morphing tool, a doll of the mind which would act as the catalyst for the coming changes.

Floating in the space of her mind Evalin's eyes took in the abstract concept of shelf that she held. A slight frown cut her lips and turned the corners down as she felt sudden musing of the darkest nature, To separate mind from body, such is the first step of this magic, or as I have been told... Perhaps it is a blessing that I hold no true connection to the mortal seeming I now claim as a vessel, but it is strange that as I look upon it, I can imagine not the face I once knew to be my own. She pondered this for but a moment longer before she gave herself a mental shake, and set her mind to the task at hand.

Within the space of the unconscious mind Evalin summoned forth the tools by which the changes could be shaped. Before her minds eyes appeared mental fingers belonging to hands glowing silver with the power of her will. Those fingers she stretched forth, running them down the mental construct that represented her physical self, and where they lingered upon the glowing double, subtle tingles would arise on the physical plane that matched. Prickles and slight tingles coursed down Evalin's right arm as those silver fingers made their way to the wrist of the doll, and once there she grasped firmly with both hands. Evalin winched slightly as she felt a building pressure upon her wrist in the physical world, the pressure increasing the harder she pressed upon the djed creation. Opening her eyes slightly Evalin grasped the cuff with her left hand, her mental fingers still pressing harder and harder upon her wrist. Experimentally Evalin tried to turn her wrist, and unlike before it shifted just the smallest fraction.

A triumphant smile cut across the Nuit's expression, and she closed her eyes to bring full concentration to the act once more. Those fingers of silver now massaged the djed, easing her discomfort even as she began to pull and stretch, thinning out the appendage while she continued to compress it. Her left hand absently worked on the cuff, and now she found she could fully twist it around her wrist. Evalin did not dare open her eyes to observer her work for fear of breaking the concentration that held the magic in place. Even now she could feel it, her djed fighting to be restored to how it was. It resisted the change, even as Evalin forced it occur.

Twisting her right hand, and pulling the cuff with her left, Evalin found that her wrist would relatively easily move and sift in its bounds, but when she tried to completely separate from the silver bonds she found that the would not come free. Frowning Evalin was confused as to the reason, until she realized that it was not her wrist, but her hand that did not allow for it to come free. Letting her eyes reflect upon the shimmering green hand that sought to deny her freedom. One silver hand remained where it was, holding the strings of her djed in place so that they did not shift back to their original form, while the moved to press upon those hands. Frowning slightly in concentration Evalin pressed upon the hands as one might when molding clay, pushing skin up and smoothing it out to thin it, make it smoother, more easily slid through the cuffs that sought to imprison her. It was difficult as there were bones and cartilage there with which did not want to be so easily changed, but these Evalin merely stretched, letting them become longer, and thinner because of it until, finally, when Evalin used her left hand to tug upon the cuff her hand slid within the brace, and with a sudden tug her hand and arm came completely free.

Opening her eyes Evalin could see a deformed, stretched and thinned arm before her, fingers almost molded together and stretched so that they were little more than yearling twigs. Blinking, Evalin released her hold on the magic and her djed happily lept back to its rightful place. Her wrist and hand shrunk, filling out even as her fingers became separate once more. After a few ticks and the transformation was complete Evalin wiggled her fingers, turning the newly freed hand over before her eyes to examine it for any flaws or errors. She smiled slowly, Well then, the beginning of preparations is now completely. Let us move on with what comes next...

ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

A Cage of Thought

Postby Evalin on November 29th, 2013, 10:09 pm

Evalin wiggled her free fingers before her eyes, triumph filling her as she clenched her hand into a fist, There now... Freedom is but a morph away. Evalin chuckled to herself, a feeling of both relief and pride making her heart and mind light, This skill is most useful now, far more so than I ever thought possible when first it was learned, wouldn't you say so my dear Tsenrika?

Indeed... A useful token was granted us, and best put to use. Preparations to be made.

Evalin nodded slowly, still admiring her hand that was freed from its imprisonment. Looking up at the top of her cage Evalin began to wonder, to think, to ponder on the possibilities. Such as she was Evalin found herself at a disadvantage. She had no weapons, few allies, and thus she would require a means for escape... but how? She continued to roll the possibilities in her mind, but what options she came up with all required a weapon of some sort, something she could use in a moments notice. Something that could be changed, versatile. Something... Her eyes looked back at her hand, raising an eyebrow as she began to wonder...

Her mind settled back to silence once more as she called the energies within her to swirl, to form and compress to bring forth that image of her mental self within the domain of her mind. This time, however, Evalin did not bring forth the silver fingers of her minds will. Instead she simply called the image of her hand to come to bear right before her closed eyes, filling her vision as she looked it over. Within her she called forth images, thoughts and inclinations of objects she had encountered. She imagined a heavy feeling, dense and compact. Hard stones, compact bones, unbreakable gems, and these mental ideas she pressed to the image in front of her, called to the djed that made up her hand to recognize these new commands. Harden... Become dense, stronger.

There was a spreading numbness through Evalin's hand, and she could almost feel the weight increasing as her flesh became harder, losing its flexibility. She kept these thoughts in mind as she tried to bend a finger, and found that she could not. Frowning Evalin opened her eyes, surprise filling her as she looked at the stiffened appendage. Her hand look normal as it always hand, however, when her left hand ran across the flesh it did not give, or bend. It still looked like flesh, but no longer was it mailable. Tilting her head Evalin chose a certain image, the white of bone, to call forth and overlay over her mental image of her hand in her mind. As she watched her skin shifted, the top layer becoming paler, thicker in patches over her hand. With a frown Evalin tried to connect these random pieces of bone which had formed in place of skin, but with a sigh of frustration she found she could not summon the mental image to be just what she wished it to be. She held not the control she required for this level of complexity... not yet. Thus she simply stared at the hardened, sparsely bone clad, hand before her, a finger of her left hand running over the skins surface, rough though it was.

Much is left to do... If this is all that I may accomplish.

The voice of her familiar came to wash over the frustrated nerves, Such things as cities are not created in a single night. Progress comes over spans of time, and time is something my Master has in abundance.

Evalin chuckled and released her hold on the magic, her hand returning to how it was meant to be, flexible and pliable, Indeed my Dear Tsenrika... Time is yet on our side.

ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

A Cage of Thought

Postby Soliloquy on December 29th, 2013, 6:06 am

Evalin

Experience:

• Morphing +3
  • Familiarity +1

Lore:

• Morphing is proving to be more useful than previous thought
  • Immortality AKA plenty of time to plan an escape
  • Stage One Complete: Preparations

Additonal Notes :
Once again beautiful descriptions of magic this time in the form of morphing. Cant wait to see what happens next!

If one has any questions or concerns associated with their grade, send me a PM and we can work out the details.

c
Soliloquy
To be or not to be..

Words: 27835
Joined roleplay: October 31st, 2013, 7:25 pm
Race: Staff account
Office