Solo Caravans Aren't Always Democracy

Regardless of what's right, there's a price for questioning authority.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

Caravans Aren't Always Democracy

Postby Kaie on December 1st, 2013, 1:13 am

30th of Fall, 513 AV
21st Bell

Camp was always a last minute set up. When the horses had reached their limits and the men groaned with hunger pains and lack of sleep, Trent would finally make the call. The order was usually met by silent sighs of relief from both breeds. No stellar rider herself, Kaie was certainly feeling the pain of a day's travel when he finally did. It didn't take too long for everyone to dismount. Horses were tied, fires were started, and supplied were secured in several minutes. Unlike a few other riders, Kaie had no tent to set up. She preferred to sleep under the stars. Often times she would offer to take first watch. It was one of the few times she ever truly felt alone. As the season began to really turn, she was finding that's exactly what she wanted.

Goddess Queen, you daughter will find her way home soon. Just help me get to Ravok safely. As soon as I earn the coin, I'll start my journey. I will not be hindered as I was again.

"The Myrian is first watch again? Why am I not surprised?" Trent's voice growled quietly in the from her left. At least it didn't seem like an accusation for once.

"Didn't you know protecting the group was my biggest priority?" It probably came out a little more bitter and sarcastic than she had wished. Maybe if he stopped prying at her and questioning her motives every damn second, it wouldn't still seem appropriate.

"Yes, always looking out for the men. How brave of you. No shadows you want to alert me about yet?"

"Well there's a suspicious one right there."

"That's mine."

"I know."

Trent merely shook his head, amused in her small battles for defiance over him. He took a seat beside her on the log, staring out into Akajia's realm for a bit. Kaie could see the clogs turning in his head. No man forfeits sleep for small talk. Not men like Trent.

"We should talk, you and I."

"Aren't we already?"

"Smartass...Yes, but I want to talk about before. Several nights ago when we raided that bigger camp. The one of merchants headed toward Syliras. You remember."

"I remember. What of it?"

Kaie
Player

Words: 1635197
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2013, 3:13 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)