Solo Preparations and Contemplations

Thoughts on the way things are, and actions to make the way things are better.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The unassuming den of the Constrictor Dhani, it is truly a pit of snakes. Travelers should take care, because the Dhani are always hungry... [Lore]

Preparations and Contemplations

Postby Evalin on December 1st, 2013, 1:53 am

83rd of Fall, 513 AV

Madness was the word for it. Consuming, infuriating, encroaching madness of the worst, most diabolical kind. It slithered upon the ground to slip into the mind of those unsuspecting, twisted thoughts and gagged all creativity, sapped the strength of imagination, freeing the mind to ponder and think of horrid and wretched things. Such a state was that which Evalin was now in as she lay flat upon her back, arms and legs spread as she gazed unblinking upward at the ceiling of her prison, searching for any sign, or indication that this was not all that there was.

Is this what my world has become...? Trapped and caged, bound by chains and irons of the soul, imprisoned by thought and inclination to play upon the whims of others? Is such the life I chose, and if so for what purpose was it chosen?

Upon her chest rested that icy gem, the pendent that hid the form of her dearest companion, the Irylid Familiar Tsenrika. Now his voice crept into her mind, biting chill shocking away the fringes of madness with his chilly logical tone, The purpose is to be seen in time, as patience now is called for. Still the mind of aggravated thoughts, pacify all wondering that might plague you. This is all as it should be. The purpose is, as it always was, to find that reason for living which you now claimed. Now you do search for the power by which to bring to light the greatest desire my master holds dear to heart.

Groaning Evalin closed her eyes and rolled to her side, resting her head on her arms as replied, But must it be obtained in this manner, in this way? Surely there be a better solution that sitting so idly now, awaiting for that time which the Mistress would return to play with her doll. Evalin shuttered, pulling her knees up as before her closed eyes she saw flashes and visions of what 'play' entailed, Though if that be called play then I would never wish to see the torture she might lay claim to.

Be you not so harsh. Many claim that such acts as you do for her are pleasurable.

Evalin sighed and rolled her eyes, gently caressing the gem at her neck, Pleasure you say my dear Tsenrika? Know I not this word or sensation for it is far beyond me now to experience. Such is the life that this one lives. I am but a toy for pleasure, not to be pleasured myself and thus these acts do not amuse me in the least.

Matter it not that they amuse you, but rather that they amuse her. As always his tone annoyed the girl, who rolled to her hands and knees, pushing with her hands to sit upon her ankles, As always your amusement is beyond my understanding.

Evalin looked through the bars of her cage, once more observing the empty prison beside her own. Rarely did she see the other prisoner, for she was often about, free to move as she pleased while Evalin was forced to wear these cuffs of silver to designate her the property, the doll, the plaything of this girl who wished to be a woman. Oh how Evalin's pride stung at the thought, reduced to a mere child's plaything when she was so so much more...

Forget you not that free reign still be yours in time. The perfect doll soon comes to stand a constant by her masters side.

Would i rather to flee this place and forever put it at my back. Evalin returned, looking down at her hands as she did so. Furrowing her brow in concentration Evalin pulled that power within her to build, to press against the skin of her palms to spill forth as res, collecting like water in her cupped fingers. Raising it before her face Evalin whispered softly to it, pulling upon it with her will to spin and surge over her skin, a slippery liquid that distorted the air like heat waves. Taking in a deep breath Evailn blew gently upon it, pushing the res out of her palm in the form of a gas which, when it had gone just a short distance transformed into a sudden puff of flame that quickly died just as soon as it was created.

Sighing Evalin pulled her feet from under her body, standing slowly to her feet and stretching her arms over head, her hands brushing the very top of the cage as she did so, My flames grow dimmer in this prison Tsenrika. Would I prefer to let them burn wild and free if such were an option.

Then bide your time you must, and let free this anxiety of what is to come. Like ice you must be, cold and indifferent, such as my Master should.

Shaking her head Evalin moved to grip the bars, cold to the touch, with hands equally cold, Yes... yes I know this Tsenrika, yet somehow I find myself wishing, wanting, Willing to do so much more when now I find myself unable.

Such is not unusual. One often wishes to do when one cannot.

Be that ever so Tsenrika... be that ever so...

Pulling back from the sides of her cage Evalin moved to stand once more in the center, spreading her legs for balance as she raised her hands before her eyes. Tilting her head Evalin called on that magic that was still so very new to her, so strange yet ever so delightful in its possibilities. Within her mind she summoned forth the image of mental fingers, silver lights that bore within them the markings of her will to press upon the djed of her body. Where the fingers touched tingles and such spread, and closing her eyes Evailn let herself slip and fade back from that existence that claimed that her mind and body were as one. Standing in the darkness of her meditative state Evalin pulled forth an image of herself, or the body in which she rested, and gazed upon it like one might an unfinished sculpture. What was to be done here, what could she do in fact? For a moment Evalin was not certain, and then she shrugged and decided upon something. Opening her eyes Evalin took a single lock of her long, light brown hair. Stroking her fingers down its length Evalin probed her djed for that sequence, that code which called that hair to be what it was, and when she found it she plucked at it, sending a strange numbing from the root to the tip. With a smile Evalin continued to stroke the strands of hair, pulling upon them with fingers of mental will as she did so. Thoughts swirled in her mind as she stared intently at the strands, pressing upon them an idea of that which she wanted. Dark as night, the color of tar, raven wings and the blackness of her soul. Evalin pressed upon this djed with this idea, to change the color to be what she willed it, and in a chime, perhaps two, her eyes widened as she watched in fascination as, from the tips of where her true physical fingers pressed a strange patchy blackness began to arise. It soon began to spread, moving up the strands until it reached the roots of them, and then when first she held hair of light brown how she carefully caressed strands of the darkest black, unnaturally so, but still it brought a large smile of amusement to the undeads lips.

Perhaps my Master is yet a woman, so fond of accessories as she is. His remark broke Evalin's concentration and as she looked down at the pendent her djed responded in kind, snapping back to its original form as spreading brown overcame that black that she had placed upon it. Looking back at the strands in disappointment Evalin spoke softly, Such is what I am entitled to, but be careful that you are not soon replaced with a trinket that is far quieter.

ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Evalin on December 1st, 2013, 2:51 am

Much can be done with this my dear Tsenrika, the limits are beyond my vision as of yet. Evalin's voice was filled with eagerness as she continued to stroke the hair that she only just manipulated. It now was an object of great interest for her, a token of her success, an indication of what could and would be possible in the future.

So it seems. Tsenrika responded in his usual emotionless tone.

Releasing the lock and shaking out her hair Evalin stretched her arms out, smiling wide as she stretched, a sort of joy filling her as she gazed upon the endless possibilities that would come from this ability. So much to do, so many things she could accomplish. It was a thrill in a way, a rush of joy the likes of which Evalin had not experienced in some time. A rejuvenation, a feeling that nothing was impossible, not any longer.

Spinning once in a circle Evalin came to a stop, mind coasting over other possibilities, things that might be, things she could do, could practice, could BE. What was to stop her from being whatever she wished to be, besides practice and patience? Nothing. The limits came only with her imagination, and now like never before she felt her imagination pouring forth, some repressed part of her that no longer wished to be pushed to the wayside. It was like she was a child again, gazing at a blank sheet of parchment, seeing not what wasn't there, but what could be there!

Extending her hands out before her Evalin narrowed her eyes in concentration, gazing upon them as she would a blank canvas. Once more she let her mind settle in some place beyond her physical self, beyond a concept of body, of physical self awareness. Her mind was blank as the void, yet within it there flickered a light of the magic, of her will given mental form as she brought to bare that djed which made up her entire form. She let the djed construct itself into the form of her body, overlaying it with her own so that when she looked upon the physical, the mental path reflected it in kind. She began first with the tips of her fingers, upon the nails themselves. Smiling softly Evalin reached forward with her mental hands, embodiment of her will and power, to gently caress the tips, sending sensations down her fingers to alert her that the magic was truly at work. Closing one eye and tilting her head Evalin then plucked at the djed that made up those nails, called them to be as they were, and where they said be color a nail should be Evailn decided upon something more interesting. Searching the back of her mind she called forth an image she had seen, inky black and pointed, the claws of that spidery race known as Symenestra. Plucking the djed of her physical self Evalin pressed this idea upon them, willing them to shape even as she molded with mental fingers each nail, causing them to lengthen to sharp points just a fraction of an inch longer. From the roots of the nails there spilled the inky substance that quickly covered them, spreading fast though not evenly. Wherever her eyes wandered is where the brunt of her concentration fell, and in those places the act of morphing was quickly. Thus it was that it took a full three chimes before each nail was the solid black, pointed nails of a creature so unlike herself.

Opening the eye she had just closed Evailn inspected her work, already the djed fought to return to its original form, but with a stubborn willpower Evalin held it in place, and with that she let her mind move to another aspect, to test the limits of her ability. Pulling her hands closer to her eyes for inspection, Evalin looked now at the backs of each. Frowning slightly she summoned forth the magic once more, pressing beneath the skin to create several raised ridges along the back of each hand and over each knuckle. Biting her lip Evalin whispered softly to herself, calling on the will of iron that drove forth an immortal soul through the centuries to work now on this project. Those raised ridges Evalin pressed upon with her mind's fingers, compacting, hardening and flatting them slightly until they formed the semblance of plates, small though they were, and irregular in intervals. The ridges that broke upon each of her knuckles the nuit enlarged, molding it as clay so that they built up, and then flowed slightly backwards over the back of her hands in almost hook fashion. Absently Evalin played with the structure, the pliability, the strange textures until she got them into a unique formation that she found amusing. During it all the press of her djed upon her mind, fighting each and ever change, grew with each passing tick, protesting every action caused by the mental fingers of djed that called the form to change as it was. The more she fought the harder and harder it pressed back, yet Evalin would not be dissuaded, not so easily. Those protrusions, the plates, all of these things as well as the nails which she had perfected Evalin willed them to grow harder, to compact, to become immovable, and before her eyes the ridges became white as flesh was replaced by bony plates, hard yet somehow Evalin knew they would still be fragile. Of the nails Evalin was curious to note that, the more she pressed this will to harden the more and more luster they lost as inky black was tinted gray in calcification. Raising an eyebrow Evalin would be sure to take not of this later.

Finally the conflict with her djeds form became too much, and with a sudden release of breath Evalin allowed her mental hands to forgo their hold on her current shape, and what she had so carefully crafted quickly disappeared to be replaced by the mundane as it was before. Suddenly the nuit felt weary, and stumbling back Evalin let herself slide down to the ground, back resting against the bars as her head swam, a throbbing begining to build in her head. Pressing two fingers against her temple Evalin closed her eyes, and shook her head, Perhaps... My limits are still far too abundant for the time being.

Within her mind Evalin felt the presence of Tsenrika stirring, even before his voice spoke through her, Perhaps... yet my Master is never to be held down by limitations, for surely she shall surpass them all in time.

Evalin smiled despite her sudden weariness, Think you that be true my dear Tsenrika? Such kind words you speak to me that I find myself surprised despite myself.

Speak I only that which I know to be true.

Pulling her knees up Evalin rested her head upon them, closing her eyes for the moment to enjoy the peace. Silently she felt grateful to have the Familiar as a companion. Though he might be cold, and unfeeling at the best of times, he was a creature that did not flee from her. He did not hide behind false masks and illusions, did not pretend to be more, or less, than he actually was. He was simply Tsenrika, the Irylid, her companion, her...

Do you think it possible for one such as I to understand the concept of... friendship? The question was sudden, rather tentative, and though Evalin thought it without a shred of emotion, there was some form of nervousness that came in the unexpected answer. For his part the Irylid did not betray any feelings of condemnation that might be expected for such a question to come from a creature as Evalin, someone who should never concern herself with friendship in the least, Perhaps... My Master understands that which is called Friendship, and she accepts the harshest truth of it, that a concept such as friends are merely nooses that will bring about the destruction of my Master's dreams.

Evalin nodded slowly, not looking up, Yes... yes I do know this to be true, though still I wonder if it is not something worth having... She fell silent, thinking of quiet thoughts that buzzed softly at the rear of her mind, But if I have Tsenrika, then need I not the companionship of any others. Need I not friends when you I have, for no truer ally could I wish for than what I have about my neck this moment.

The familiar did not speak for a long moment, but at length he did return, As always, the pleasure is mine to serve my Master...

I love you Tsenrika. Evalin said this without hiding a bit of her true emotion, for surely this was love, for surely this companion, this one that shared her life and her djed, could surely share a feeling of love with her as well.

Then your love is returned in equal my Lady. Evalin smiled despite herself, some part of her feeling lighter, more relieved, but for what reason she knew not. She simply let the silence claim the night, filling the void between them as the feelings she felt warmed her from within. Surely this was love... It felt too good to be anything else.

ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Evalin on December 1st, 2013, 6:06 am

Sitting as she was Evalin was acutely aware of her surroundings, every whisper of air that passed by, every rustle of gravel or the slither of a large serpentine body, all of this Evalin heard, could feel. It rocked her, thrummed through her self as she tried to block it all out. She tried to embrace the silence, but once more she was reminded that there truly was no silence at all. She rocked slowly back and forth, arms wrapped around her shins to keep her knees pulled closed to her chest. Her eyes remained closed as her mind explored the darkness of half thoughts and contemplations, a world neither here nor there, a place of simple musings, where concrete facts hold no power.

Despite all that I might wish for, perhaps this is as it should be. She thought to herself, opening one eye to look out through the bars of her prison, In this place a beast such as I surely belongs... is that not so?

Stirring within her Tsenrika was slow to reply, A caged beast? An animal? My master is neither, for such bars as these may not hold her unless she would wish it. A power within her perhaps grows, yet she does yet control it.

Evalin closed her eye once more, But can I really? Is this power truly mine? She fell silent, as did the Irylid, and with another deep sigh she tilted her head back to rest against the bars, Is the price for power worth it... Truly? Fear not my dear Tsenrika for I have not lost sight of that which I seek, but still can you not blame one for carrying doubts that have bubbled and flourished through the centuries. Such things I begin to wonder often. Am I truly in control now, or am I but a puppet on strings? Have I truly been freed from that cursed creature known as Fate?

A chime passed, and then two. By the third Evalin opened her eyes, lifting the pendent from her chest to gaze at it curiously, No answer have you to give?

Not one my Master would wish to hear... The Familiar's voice was solemn, cold and without a trace of empathy. A frown crossed Evalin's features as she carefully took the gem in her hands, stroking its surface with her thumb, Speak you then Tsenrika. I would hear your words.

Still the Familiar seemed to hesitate, and it was a full chime more before his words began to leak through the barrier of her mind, It matters not whether the strings of Fate bind you still, for whatever the case may be the goal set by my master will be achieved...

Evalin's thoughts paused what they were wondering, a sudden furry boiling within her, but was quickly extinguished by the cold tones in which the words were spoken. Releasing the Familiar in her grip Evalin once more rested her head on her knees, speaking softly, "Perhaps you are right... But I do not wish that to be so..."

Silence reigned once more, but Evalin did not let it be so as she rested her head back against the bars once more, What must I do Tsenrika to be free of this... To finally be set free of this cursed thing known as Fate...

To truly be free my Lady must sever all ties with this world, or rather ties with the one that pulls such strings... Thus, my Master, that which you do now prepares you to do what you so dream of. Though you may, or may not, be still bound up in the tricks of one called Fate, soon you shall free yourself and hence be free.

Evalin nodded slowly, opening her eyes, Yes... Soon Tsenrika. Soon all that is said shall come to be, and no longer will I be forced to bear such terrible musings. But first... first we must gain the power needed.

Thus we are here...

Indeed, so we are.

ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Soliloquy on December 29th, 2013, 7:45 am

Evalin

Experience:

• Morphing +2
  • Familiarity +1
  • Observation +2

Lore:

• Doubts about one's future
  • Tsenrika: The other half to complete the whole
  • Morphing: A killer of boredom

Additonal Notes :
Your style of writing has definitely grown on me. Makes me want to create a Dhani just so I can RP with Evalin haha. Good job yet again!

If one has any questions or concerns associated with their grade, send me a PM and we can work out the details.

c
Soliloquy
To be or not to be..

Words: 27835
Joined roleplay: October 31st, 2013, 7:25 pm
Race: Staff account
Office