Closed Sis! Leave that to Me!! (Bronze Woods)

Kreig and his sister in the Bronze woods, on patrol with two lovely knights.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Sis! Leave that to Me!! (Bronze Woods)

Postby Kreig Messer on December 2nd, 2013, 5:33 am

Winter 513 A.V. 10th day 10th bell 19th chime

Kreig had the mind to strangle Lhex....truly it was an odd situation to be in. He also wanted to strangle his father if fate ever decided they hould cross paths. On this day they were in the bronze woods, he, his Sera Natasha, Ser Titus....and his sister, Rachel. Yes it was an odd turn of events that brought these three together. The reason Rachel accompanied them is because....quite frankly she asked to come whenever the oppertunity arose. Sera Natasha was most interested in the lass herself, seeing as the revelation that Kreig had a long lost sister (and also a cousin but Rachel didn't know that as far as Kreig knew).

'Why did things turn out like this?' The weather was cold, no doubt about that. It wasn't raining which, or snowing, unlike the previous season which was quite miserable 'Fallon left....without telling me' Yes that was quite a painful thing, but now was not the time to think about it. They were patrolling the Bronze words for any sign of trouble...anything ranging from the rare bandit to the ever numerous Yukmen 'might run into a balicani' He chuckled silently.

As one can guess, they were all riding horses. Set Titus on his giant warhorse, smiling like the giant scary goof he is 'Must be hoping to run into Ama' Sera Druva kept looking at Rachel, wanting to open a conversation with the girl, but quite frankly didn't know how.

Rachel, well, Kreig didn't quote know what she would be feeling about all this ' No doubt nervous and ecstatic' He still couldn't wrap his head around the fact that he had a sister 'A SISTER' And they were in the same city for years, never meeting each other only to meet in Syliras of all places!! 'This city is dragging me deeper and deeper' What was most annoying....is that he was quite worried about her, oh she had skill with the sword, no bloody doubt about that, but that pesky thing called a protective instinct certainly wanted to make itself known 'Where wer eyou when I first met her?' He asked the concept, but finding no reply, simply stared at the tree's and bushes, hand resting on his sword 'Maybe there is something I can kill...'

x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

"You gents best be careful, I'm feelin' mighty rabid right now... and your the only ones around to bite"
Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Words: 883597
Joined roleplay: January 22nd, 2012, 7:55 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Rachel Messer on December 2nd, 2013, 6:30 am

This was strange times indeed, not five days ago, Rachel found out she had a half-brother from another mother and same father living in the same city as hers. His name was 'Kreig Messer' and he was a squire to boot. Being the bright woman she was, she was literally shining with excitement when he met her, her gnosis flaring with comforting yellow light. Her half-brother was an excitable person and rather reckless as well. She rubbed her right palm, smiling as she watched the group travelling with her. Priskil, how I'm happy to tell you that I have a blood-related sibling! I always thought I'm alone in this world! Thank you thank you! You are always watching over me!

She giggled, watching the giant knight, Ser Titus he was called, whistling a song far too loud for the quiet woods. There was also a female knight named 'Natasha Druva', apparently her brother's patron. She looked eager to talk to her. "Sera Natasha, is it? What do you want to talk about?" She smiled gently, her bright green eyes held no amount of hostility whatsoever. In her eyes, the knights were the perfect example of the guardians of justice, never wavering, never faltering in the face of evil. She came to Syliras from Sunberth specifically to live in the Fortress City, under the protection of the Knights, and now, she could participate in one of their patrols thanks to her brother.

"So, brother, where are we patrolling today?" She decided to open a conversation, Titus' whistling was getting boring. "I... didn't think I had a brother you know, I was always alone in Sunberth, well until Priskil came to me." As she said her goddess' name, a yellow light could be seen shining through her leather gauntlet on her right palm. "Hope indeed stayed strong, look at us now, we are reunited! You can see how happy I am to see finally know you." Her cheerful aura literally shone from her as her gnosis flared. She rubbed it to dim down the light, clearing her throat as she waited for Kreig and Natasha's reply.

OOCI'll let you control Natasha since she's your patron. :) Also, feel free to throw something at them!

"Common" | Thoughts

Note: Radiant here, Syliras have an AS, so I'm getting her back up. ;)
Rachel Messer
Light of Hope

Words: 141244
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2013, 2:46 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Kreig Messer on December 3rd, 2013, 5:55 pm

'By the gods is she ever cheerful' Kreig thought as he looked at his sister, he couldn't help but feel happy and Priskil's light emanating from her guantlet was definitely warm, filling all around her with confidence and easing their nerves 'She's something special...definitely' Kreig sighed as his patron began to speak to his sister "Ah yes, forgive me, it's just I never knew Kreig had a brother....quite frankly I was surprised to even imagine the fact he'd have a polite young lady such as you as his sister" She said the words with no malice, though that didn't stop Kreig from groaning, in fact earlier than that she found out he had relatives in Syliras and that his father was a Syliran was shocking enough...but to have a sister who was from Sunberth and blessed by Priskil herself?! Well that took the cake.

"I simply wished to know how you find Syliras so far, it took your brother here quite some time to adjust really... I'm afraid your brother has a bit of a wild soul" Kreig groaned again as he heard those words, Ser Titus simply guffawed loudly enough to wake a bear from hibernation.

"Anyyyywaaaay" Kreig decided now was the best time to change subjects "To answer your question sister, we're patrolling the Bronze Woods in search of any threats. Last time I joined the Knight's on patrol, we ended up fighting a horde of Yukman" He grinned wildly at the memory, though his Patron did roll her eyes and Ser Titus remembered the battle fondly as well.

"AH, now that was a good day....though I'm glad I didn't get a lick on me, you ended up tearing holes in my napkin when the herbalist applied his alcohol to your wound my boy" Ser Titus smiled widely as he saw Kreig cringe at that part, then burst spontaneously into laughter.

"Yes well, the threats we're seeking off could be anything... Bandits, pack of wolves and worst of all, Rhysol's minions" Kreig recounted the threats to his sister and Sera Natasha approved of his explanation "So really, we should really just keep an eye out for such, another thing is we help anyone on the road who happens to be in need, ranging from travelers, lost citizens or anything along those lines..." Suddenly the horses came to a stop as they stopped in front of a turned carriage, its contents strewn about and the earth stained with blood.... but no bodies to be seen, not even that of the horses.

"BY THE GODS! WHAT COULD LEAVE ABOUT A MESS SUCH AS THIS!? AND NO BODIES!!" Ser Titus's magnificent voice boomed as he looked at the scene while Sera Natasha dismounted from horse to explore further.

"Pipe down Titus, lest you drive whatever did this away...or worse, bring it back here on." She moved about the carriage, eyes scanning everything it could lays its eyes on. Kreig felt nervous, not from the creature being about but that his sister could be in danger and they agreed to bring her along.

'There goes all hope of it being a boring one' Thought the brawler, from the looks of it, the carriage seemed to be that of a supply wagon, perhaps it was coming back from, or more accurately heading to, one of the outposts the knights own.

"The blood here is quite fresh, no doubt about that...they haven't taken any of the supplies though, which is a cause of concern as they took the bodies"
Spoke Sera Natasha

"Perhaps it is some Nuit looking for bodies?" Chimed in Ser Titus

"It would have to be a group of them, they also took the horses....and judging by the amount of blood...not alive"

"Well this is getting more ominous by the minute...." Thought Kreig as he turned his head about, looking at the trees and the path behind them....' it sounds so much like that day'...and by sound, he meant there was none, which it being winter time was not all surprising, however it was simply an eerie feeling, like a chill to the spine or a rotten smell.

It was then that an arrow whizzed by Rachel's head, narrowly missing her by mere inches as it stuck into a tree "Rachel!!" Kreig called out as he pulled his sword from its sheath as he turned his horse to her, all the while emerging from the trees were a group of masked warriors, clad in heavy winter clothing and clear seen beneath their coats were chainmail armor.

"Well, isn't this a lovely surprise....I was wondering what could be loud enough to bug us from our meal" Said a jovial voice that emerged from the shadows on a painted horse. Scale plating was clearly stitched into his coat, a round steel shield strapped to his left arm while a broadsword hanged from his waist. He had ice blue eyes, as frozen as the heart beneath his flesh and his hair long and dirty, with parts of it braided. In his hand was a chunk of...

'Brain?! Was this man eating BRAINS' Thought Kreig as he felt his stomach churn, the man seemed to take notice of this as he smiled widely, showing his blood stained teeth before finishing off his meal.

"Are you the one who caused this?!"
Asked Sera Natasha in a demanding tone, whipping out her sword as quick as lightning.

"That I did lady knight"
He said ever so cheerfully "Why? Something wrong with a bunch of people procuring their meals?"

"From what I can see....its the kind of meals your procuring that seems to be the problem"
At this he gave a mock frown, feigning pain as he dramatically gestured for his men to raise their weapons.

"Such a shame, and I thought there would no trouble in procuring a light snack as we made our way to Kenash....at the very least we could..." He then shrugged rather lazily, rolling his eyes before giving the cruelest of smiles "...Gather some extra provisions" Kreig cursed, they were planning to eat them...they were planning to eat HIS SISTER. What's more there were a number of them, perhaps around 8.

'Hmmm....2 archers....rest either held swords or axes....big boss had a broad sword and shield' They were well armored too....this band of marauders likely did some merc work to be this equipped.

"We're in for quite a fight!"

x
Last edited by Kreig Messer on December 9th, 2013, 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

"You gents best be careful, I'm feelin' mighty rabid right now... and your the only ones around to bite"
Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Rachel Messer on December 4th, 2013, 1:45 pm

"Well, Sera Druva, me neither, I didn't know I have a brother until a few days ago, haha!" The woman giggled, putting her left hand near her mouth to stifle it. Truly, she looked like a teenage girl in the presence of Kreig. Him being a squire, a far more experienced combatant, and an older figure made Rachel looked up to him by a great deal. "I grew up in an orphanage in Sunberth... I never knew my mother nor my father, the caretaker said a woman left me on the porch." She sighed, her tone audibly said as she remembered her parentless childhood, but it was quickly replaced by a wide grin. "But I have brother now and I live in this city filled with wonderful people like you!" 'you' as in the whole Syliran Knight Order. Being called polite, the woman smiled in appreciation. "Thank you, Sera." One should be polite in the presence of the Knights, they were the protectors and defenders, without them, Syliras wouldn't even be there in the first place.

"W-woah!" Rachel's emotions caused her to lose concentration and she briefly lost control of her borrowed horse. The girl had little to no experience in riding these majestic beasts, the only thing keeping her from spooking the animal was her companions' guidance.

"Easy there, lass! Hold the rein gently and relax your footing, don't want to startle the horse." Ser Titus explained in his casual voice which was considered loud by common people's standards.

"Al... alright, here... like this?" Rachel tried her best, she relaxed her feet on the stirrup, then she firmly grasped the reins. The horse was moving in a steady trot. Rachel had trouble maintaining the horse in this slow pace, she didn't dare to try galloping it, she would fall off the animal, hurting herself and looking silly in front of her brother and the Knights. "Phew, okay... Thank you." Rachel rubbed her chest with her left hand, sighing in relief.

"No problem, Miss!" Ser Titus replied in his bellowing voice. The patrol group then continued, chattering among themselves to keep each other company.

"Oh... Yukman, dirt naked people?" Rachel mused, stifling a giggle. Yukmen were a constant threat, those landspawns were infamous for plaguing the forest, attacking caravans, and disturbing hunters. Rachel never faced one of them before, but from the stories she heard, they were... amusing. Witnesses always said Yukmen were humanoid, had dirt sticking to their bodies, and... naked. "Aha... ahahaha." For some odd reasons, Rachel found the image of those dirt people running naked, their booty shaking, to be hilarious. Not many knew of this, but the instructor had a weird sense of humor. "*Cough* Ehem... I'm sorry." She calmed herself down, it wouldn't do for her to keep giggling like an idiot when speaking about serious threats such as Yukmen.

"Oh, ahaha, silly brother." She playfully jabbed his shoulder with her left hand, almost losing control with her horse again. She imagined Kreig screaming with a high-pitched wail like a little girl, again, the instructor found it funny. "Pfft..." She held back another giggle. A devout of Priskil and a kind person overall, but a twisted sense of humor. Some said it was due her upbringing in Sunberth, the scum-filled city wasn't exactly a good place for a girl to grow up for the first seventeen years in her life. She listened to Kreig's explanation about various threats in the Woods, one of them being Rhysol's minions. Rachel's heart skipped a beat and her gnosis shone with yellow light, the God of Evil was Priskil's sworn enemy. If she ever encountered any of those abominations, she would smite them all in the name of Priskil. She calmed down soon after, huffing in tension.

"!?" Her green eyes widened, along with all her companions, as the sight of a collapsed carriage complete with splotches of blood on the ground, something obviously happened there. "What happened?" Her expression turned serious, losing her bubbly cheerfulness, Rachel dismounted her horse and brandished her steel longsword, her real sharp longsword, not the blunt one she used for instructing students. She kept a lookout as Kreig and the two knights examined the carriage. Though in her mind, she wondered if Titus' voice alone could flush out anything hiding behind the trees and bushes. She listened to Natasha's explanation, Rachel formed her own conclusion based on it. "Bandits? Or... Yukmen?" Those two were the most plausible explanations unless... this was caused by Rhysol's minions. Nevertheless, Rachel would help the knights see through this, knight or no, every able-bodied citizens should help the Order in any way they can.

"Hi?!" Her body froze as a sharp projectile sang through the air, barely missing her cheek by inches. "Company!" She shouted out of instinct, holding her longsword directly in front of her in combat position. It was then a group of eight suspicious men emerged from bushes. Bandits... Armored, armed, and masked, bandits or highwaymen for sure. The swordswoman visibly winced when she saw a literal chunk of brain being held by the bandits' leader. He looked cold and cruel, befitting the part of a scum. People like these were the ones that drive this petched up world to an even more petched up state. There was no time for pleasantries, these scum must be smitten in Priskil's glory!

Tch... Excited as she was for upholding justice, she needed to plan her moves carefully. The party was surrounded by the bandits. Two of them were notching their bows... while the rest wielded swords or axes, with the brain-eating leader wielding a broad sword and shield.

Ser Titus, being the most largest person in the group, whispered to the party, he actually whispered this time.. "I'm going to shout... Natasha, you can shoot one of the archers with your bow, Kreig, take care of that bastard leader, me and Miss Messer will face the rest." They didn't have more time, it was now or never. Titus heaved up his breath then shouted with all his might. "SYYYYYYYLIR!! SMIIIIIITE!!! YOUUUUUUU!!" Then they were off, Rachel charged together with Titus, facing the bandits.

"For Priskil!" The swordswoman held her sword with both of her hands, her gnosis flaring once more, reinforcing the party with courage. five bandits charged at the duo, Titus used his large presence to attract the attention of three bandits, leaving one bandit to face Rachel. "..." The blond narrowed her eyes, her disciplined form walking sideways as her eyes locked themselves to the male bandit wielding a shortsword and small shield. They stared off for a couple of ticks... and with a breeze of cold wind, they both charged.

"Haaaaa!" Rachel's boots thumped on the grassy ground as she closed the distance with her opponent. Using her superiority in weapon reach, Rachel brought her longsword's tip forward, charging to gore the bandit. Her opponent anticipated her move and blocked her attack with his small shield, shuddering at the impact. "Kih! Ha!" The heavier weapon staggered the bandit, gritting her teeth as she felt the vibrations flowing through her arms, Rachel continued by swinging her sword upwards for an overhead strike, then she brought it down, aiming to cleave the bandit's skull. Her opponent used the lag in her movement to roll out of the way, he was an agile sort. "Tch!" Rachel had very little time to recover as the bandit quickly countered by slashing diagonally upwards with his short sword. The swordswoman's eyes widened, her body instinctively moved backwards to dodge, the sword very narrowly missed her ear, cutting a few strands of her blond hair. The bandit grinned at her with foul yellow teeth, this annoyed her.

"..." Gripping hard her longsword, her right palm emitting the yellow glow, Rachel inhaled, feeling her djed flowing through her body. Priskil guide me! May my strikes be true! She felt the muscles on her shoulders and arms strengthened with magical vigor, the power of flux. With a yell, she quickly counter-attacked by swinging her sword sideways, her speed slightly enhanced by her flux. Her opponent miscalculated her strike due to the sudden increase in speed, it might not be much, but in a combat situation, even half a tick tethered on life and death.

The bandit widened his eyes as he felt pain wrecking through his body, he fell down, his eyes looking down to find his left hip slashed by Rachel's longsword, the wound was deep and blood started pouring. Rachel used the moment to continue her attack, stomping at his stomach with her right foot then stabbed her sword to his prone neck. The bandit gurgled for a moment before he went limp, smitten. "Ha... ha... ugh." Rachel felt her arm muscles ache, flux was a powerful yet dangerous combat art. She needed to mind her use lest she destroyed her own body. She got no luxury to ponder, the battle was still raging. Rachel looked to her right, Ser Titus was fighting against four bandits, the master warhammer wielder was slightly troubled facing against those criminals, they might be small fires compared to Titus, but there were four of them. Rachel would obviously offer her assistance. Gripping her blood-stained steel longsword, she charged once more into the fray.

As for the archers and bandit leader... hopefully Kreig and Natasha could handle them.
Last edited by Rachel Messer on December 6th, 2013, 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Common" | Thoughts

Rachel Messer
Light of Hope

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Kreig Messer on December 6th, 2013, 4:20 pm

" So I handle the big boss himself?.....more than fine with that" Kreig thought as he jumped down from his horse, swinging his sword with his lead arm to 'loosen' up a bit as he growled at the bastard in front of him, who for whatever reason decided to be courteous and fight on foot as well '...Smug bastard' As he held his sword before him, taking his basic stance and pointing the tip of the blade at the cannibalistic leader.

Sera Natasha was busy with her own thing, in the meantime. Ser Titus having entrusted her to take care of the archers as she leaped from her horse and taking cover in the trees, short bow in hand and an arrow ready to be notched "Kreig, take care... I know you've fought many a foe but this one seems to be a cut above the rest!" Warned Natasha, before moving out of the trees...only to take cover once again as an enemy arrow flew past, then jumped out to return fire with hers.

"Ah, thanks for the warning Sera" Kreig grinned wildly as flexed his left fist, moving about his gauntlet covered fingers, a feeling of hatred for the person before and the primal joy he felt so deep in his soul. He resumed gripping his sword properly "...I'm no stranger to fighting bastards like this...not by a long shot"

It was the bastard's turn to smile widely "That accent, lad. You're a Sunberth bastard, aint ya?" The man pointed his broad sword at the brawler "And you obviously look and act like one, so you're one of the idiots who think they can play knight too?"

Kreig simply raised a brow and grinned " I'm not trying to play nice ya connoisseur of bad taste, I'm just trying to focus my destructive urges into destroying evil things like you"

"Oh? So the Knighthood is willing to keep a dog like you? Must have lowered its standards" The Bastard thought as he lunged forward, swinging his blade in a cleaving motion. Quickly, Kreig brought up his own sword, the flat of it blocking the broad sword 'Gah...well well, he indeed does have bite for that bark' Thought the brawler, the Cannibal's arm strength was nothing to scoff at 'Now ho-' Suddenly the earth came up behind Kreig as the Cannibal's shield slammed itself into his form 'Ah bloody bastard' Kreig definitely knew what was coming next as he rolled to the side, avoiding the bastard's sword stab.

Quickly he came to his knees, with his right hand gripping his sword and he swung it upwards, but the bastard was no slouch with the shield either as he blocked the sword with the shield's rim and pushed the blade down, trapping it beneath. He then swung his broad sword.... But Kreig was no slouch in blocking things either as he raised his left arm quickly, blocking the sword with his armlet 'Gah... bloody strong, you...'

Kreig pushed the blade away and let go of his sword, his right hand darting for the shield's upper rim as he pulled himself and simultaneously tried to pull the shield away. He then pulled himself closer to the bastard, bringing himself up close as he used the added force to butt heads with him.

The impact was truly impressive as it felt like every bone in each others' body was shaking. For a moment both were silent, but then...slowly... both broke out into laughing fits. Like wild hyenas the two beasts laughed as each stepped away from the other, blood dripping down their foreheads and entering their mouths while some drip beneath their chins.

"YOU REALLY ARE A DOG" Said the Cannibal

"AHAHAHAHA, YOU REALLY TOOK THAT....A BLOODY SHYKE LIKE YOU!!" Said the Beast, Ser Druva couldn't help but look as she the two men laughed, thinking they have gone mad...well, perhaps more than usual. She didn't quite know if the rest were as distracted as her, but she soon shook herself as she remembered the two archers she should be focusing on.

"Oh by Dira, I really should kill you...otherwise you'll be leaving leftovers everywhere" Kreig announced as he looked at the man with a bloodthirsty smile, which was returned by the Cannibal.

"Can't believe an animal like you is part of the Knights....Are you sure you don't eat the flesh of your enemies after you kill them? There is no petching way you can be that thirsty for blood" He raised his blade, motioning for Kreig to come and get him. Kreig could only oblige as he darted forward, armored fists raised and ready ground the meat in front of him.

....It was going to be good fun indeed.

x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Rachel Messer on December 8th, 2013, 4:34 am

"Ah! Glad you are helping, Lass!!" Ser Titus' booming voice caused his four opponents to wince, it was all he need to pound a bandit directly in the gut with the head of his warhammer, sending him buckling down in pain. Rachel arrived with a nod, her arms gripping her longsword hard, she approached from Titus' left side and immediately picked a target, a female bandit wielding an axe. The female bandit noticed the swordswoman, cursed under her breath, and broke off from Titus. The large knight was now facing with three bandits, with one sprawled on the ground, so technically two bandits.

"Haaaa!" Rachel raised her longsword high and brought it down to cleave the female bandit, her opponent quickly dodged out of the way and tried to trip Rachel by sticking out her left foot, Rachel caught off guard and her balance failed her as her right foot lost its footing. She fell to the ground, her longsword flung away from her hand. Priskil bless me! Her green eyes widened as she watched her precious weapon landed on the ground some distances from her prone position. Her survival instinct flared as she felt a presence behind her, Rachel rolled her body to find the bandit's axe already raised high, ready to come crashing down to cleave her head into pieces of brainy flesh. "Hi?!" The instructor yelped in surprise, her head moved to her left and, the axe came down and...

*THUD!!*

"Ha... ha..." For a tick, the world seemed to slow down as all manner of sounds echoed within her eardrums. Her green eyes facing against the bandit's dark ones, the axe's blade just mere inches from her right ear. The bandit missed, but barely. Rachel wouldn't get another chance, if she stayed, she was as good as dead. With the axe stuck on the ground, Rachel heaved herself up and hugged the bandit's waist, then she used her weight to push the female bandit. Her opponent lost balance and they both tumbled down to the ground, locked in a wrestle. "Get off me, bitch!" The foul words from the bandit made Rachel wince, such vulgarity. The instructor didn't reply, she worked on releasing herself away from the bandit, she must get her sword back. "Oh no, you don't!" The criminal wouldn't let her, she wrapped her arms around Rachel's torso and flipped their position, now the bandit was on top of the instructor.

"Ki?!" Rachel gritted her teeth as her opponent pinned her wrists above her head with one hand and held her neck with the other hand, the grip almost choking her. "You know..." The bandit smirked sadistically and leaned down, her dark eyes staring into Rachel's green. "I'm going to enjoy eating you... alive!" The cannibalistic threat planted seeds of fear in Rachel, cold sweat trickling down her forehead, her lips trembled. No... no! I don't, I don't want this! Then light shone from her right palm, her gnosis feeding courage into her. Rachel found herself to be in a state of blissful trance as the whole word shut down around her, except for the foul woman on top of her and... her sword, the key to victory. "Get..." She gritted her teeth, her eyes narrowing in anger. "Hmmm, what is it, bitch?" The bandit taunted her, her face just inches from Rachel's.

"GET OFF ME!!" With a defiant cry, Rachel headbutted the bandit, clashing their skulls together. The bandit didn't expect the sudden strike, staggered, and her hold on Rachel's wrist and neck faltered. The instructor used the chance to roughly push the bandit off her and stood up. My sword, my sword! Where's my sword? Rachel's eyes searched around before she noticed a metallic glint on the ground. There! She immediately assumed it was her sword, she couldn't afford to waste more time. The bandit was getting up and screaming vulgarities at her, Rachel ignored it as her feet ran to the glint. She arrived and it was indeed her sword, Rachel thanked Priskil then picked it up. She turned around, just in time to see the bandit charging at her, axe raised high. "Criminal scum!!" Rachel stood her ground, pointed the tip of her longsword forward, and charged.

"Haaaaaa!!"

"Haaaa!!"

The two women charged to each other, the sword and the axe. Rachel's gnosis flared, feeding courage. Her djed glowed to her arms and shoulders, enchancing her speed and strength with the power of flux. She gave her all in this one thrust. Then...

"Ha... ha..." Red, silver, and more red. The sight of cold hard metal puncturing flesh. The instructor's tunnel vision receded to find both of her hands still gripping her sword... which was lodged deep into the bandit's stomach. The sound of a heavy object thudding the ground echoed in her eardrums combined with the gurgling voice of the impaled bandit. She did it, she won. The bandit smirked one last time before spitting on Rachel's face then closed her eyes. "Tough bitch..." Then she returned to Dira. "Forgive me." Rachel worked on removing her sword from the bandit then let her body fell to the ground. Splotches of blood marred her leather armor, Rachel looked back to Ser Titus, he was crushing a bandit's head, leaving him with only two bandits left. They were intimidated by the giant's skill, but stood their ground, brave indeed.

Shaking her head to clear her thoughts, Rachel gripped hard her longsword, running back to finish off those two together with Ser Titus.

"Common" | Thoughts

Rachel Messer
Light of Hope

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Kreig Messer on December 9th, 2013, 4:46 pm

Kreig threw a straight hook punch forward as he approached the bastard, but he easily knocked it away with his shield 'Petch ye , ye bastard' Kreig thought as he used to momentum to turn and raise his right foot back in a kicking motion, striking him in the stomach. However much of the blows power was negated by the bastards scale plated coat, still the impact was enough to push him back and cause him to grunt. Knowing the man was about to retaliate, Kreig jumped back while the cannibal moved forward and swung his blade forward from right to left. Kreig managed to knock the blade away as he swung the back of his left of arm and the same time darted his right hand forward with his aim being to grab the petcher by the face and squeeze that big head of his...unfortunately, just as fast as Kreig's right hand darted forward, the petcher raised his shield upward and intercepeted it 'OHhhhhh petc' He had quickly knocked Kreig's hand upward and using the pommel of his sword to strike the brawler in his left shoulder.

"PETCH" Kreig yelped as he jumped back before the cannibalistic bastard followed up with any other attack. Kreig grinned at him, the cannibal returning a blood thirsty grin 'Peeetch, can't move me bloody arm' Kreig thought, his left shoulder being very much dislocated from his dear arm "Well well...it seems I'm at quite a disadvantage..."

"Indeed....I'll enjoy ripping off that arm and take a delicious bite off it" He announced as he moved forward/ Kreig couldn't help but chuckle as the man went on the offensive, swinging his bloody blade down in a cleaving motion. Kreig turned his body to the right and stepped back, letting the attack narowly miss him while his right hand darted forward behind the Cannibal's head, grabbing that braid of hair of his and violently pulled back.

"DON'T THINK I CAN"T PETCHING TAKE A SHYKE LIKE YOU ON WITH ONE ARM" Kreig announced as the man fell on his back, unable to regain his footing thanks to his own attack. Oh, but it wasn't stopping there as Kreig dropped himself, his right elbow primed and ready to CRACK that man's head open. Such a shame it missed as the lovely cannibal rolled out of the way and was on his knees, ready to skewer Kreig with his broadsword....only to have his face blanketed with snow as the brawler quickly threw some with his right hand.

" Mmmmf?!" Quickly the brawler attempted to follow through with his intention to grab his foe by the face, his right hand darting forward and successfully grabbing him...then quickly has hand moved to the top of the bastard's skull, pushed it back while he brought his own in the opposite direction and finally slammed both his and the bastards heads together.... a blood thirsty grin on his face all the way. Oh, but it didn't stop there as the brawler slammed his head into the cannibal's again...and again...and again....

The cannibal quickly tried to break free and retaliate with his own blade in what he thought was a moment of respite, but Kreig left him no such thing as he BIT the bastard on the nose and with a violent jerk pulled away....ripping it off his skull as he left the cannibal leader whimpering in pain. Kreig rather felt disgusted at biting the nose so immediately spitted out....oh but he did so enjoyed the taste of blood entering his mouth. Looking about the ground he saw his lovely longsword, casually he picked it up with his good hand and returned to the cannibal who weakly whimpered as his hands covered his face " Mah nose....mah nose" Those were his last words as Kreig stabbed his blade into into the cannibals head, ending his flesh eating existance.

"Thanks for the fine meal...."

Sera Druva meanwhile had successfully took out one of the archers, unfortunately the battle with the duo of archers had exhuasted her of her arrows and she had no doubt the last of them had access to his late partners. Her gaze turned to Kreig, who seemed to by quite relaxed after he dispatched there leader, bathing in the feeling of victory " Kreig!! If you have time to look like a silly twit, come over here!"

'Well, that was harsh....' thought the brawler as he complied, suddenly feeling a tad bit dizzy from too many headbutts, but none the worse as his patron's plans didn't quite involve him moving much.

"Listen, I need you to take my place here while I sneak up upon this archer...just be sure to pop up slightly and duck back in, alright?" Kreig nodded as he took his patron's position, only now feeling the pain of having his left arm being dislocated from its shoulder socket and the worse headache

"hooo boy, I'm going to be stuck in bed again...aren't it?"

x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Rachel Messer on December 21st, 2013, 4:03 am

Rachel charged in, her feet trudging to aid Ser Titus. The giant of a knight didn't look like he needed her help much, but this was a real combat situation, Rachel didn't want to take any risks. With her adrenaline dampening her fatigue and her gnosis filling her with courage, the instructor frowned her brows in determination. She had vanquished two minions of evil, she wouldn't rest until every single of these scums be smitten by her blade. She arrived and took her position beside Ser Titus, the large knight gave her a nod, thankful for the aid. "LET'S CRUSH THEM! HAMMER TIME!!" With a bellowing voice, he stunned the remaining two bandits with fear and with the addition of Rachel, they began to contemplate retreating.

However, they were stubborn as petch, one of the bandits, wielding two short swords, faced her, while the other one took his stance against Titus. "..." Rachel's green eyes narrowed as she regarded her new opponent. He was an average-build bandit who wielded two weapons, a shortsword in each hands. This was going to be a tough fight, Rachel prepared herself as she waited for the man to charge, she opted to go on the defensive. As expected of an aggressive fellow, the bandit charged, his swords dancing in the air as he tried to intimidate her. Surely two weapons were better than one.

"Not good..." Rachel muttered under her breath. This man looked skilled, better than the previous bandits. The instructor wasn't sure she could be the victor in this particular battle, but she had no choice. Running was out of the option, she would not let this bastards terrorize people as they pleased. As the bandit got closer, Rachel made use of her longsword's superior length to strike by lifting her sword upwards and brought it down to slam it at the man's head. However, her opponent also lifted his swords in an x-shape and captured Rachel's blade by pinning her longsword like a scissor.

"!?" Rachel's eyes widened as the bandit redirected swiftly parried her strike by directing her sword to the side, she staggered. He's strong! Not only that, but he was swift as well. The bandit made use of her stunned state to charge in and aim a slash at her neck. Rachel only got a tick to react, she lifted her longsword, blocking a strike from one sword, then another sword came to her from the left. No! In the spur of the moment, she forgot he was a dual-wielder. Rachel ducked to avoid the strike, the blade narrowly missed her as it cut her hair ribbons, shoulder-length blond hair freed from their bindings. "Tch!" The bandit jumped back as he skilfully twirled his swords.

"Damn..." She needed back-up. Her ribbon was the first, her neck might be next. Rachel held her longsword in a firm grip as prepared for another defense. The bandit's feet began trudging forward before he suddenly jumped back as the body of his comrade came flying towards him, the flying bandit fell unceremoniously to the ground, twitching and dying. The bandit looked to his side to find the giant hammer-wielding knight standing proudly, it was clear that the previous flinging bandit was Titus' doing. The knight bellowed as he raised his hammer high and charged. Rachel got the message, she charged as well, the dual-wielder bandit was surrounded on two sides by the swordswoman and the... hammerman.

"FOR SYLIIIIR!"

Titus shouted with enough voice to unease the bandit, Rachel just kept calm as her gnosis flared again, feeding her courage. The giant knight came first, he swung down his hammer, the bandit didn't bother to block, he would be crushed, he jumped back instead. However, his dodge was stopped as Rachel charged at him from behind, her sword's tip aiming to pierce his heart. The bandit quickly turned around to parry a strike from Rachel with both of his swords, the lack of preparation caused him to stagger, Titus made use of this and his large right hand grabbed the bandit's neck from behind, crushing the flesh with his grip. The bandit thrashed around as pain shot throughout his body. "Miss! Now!" With a nod, Rachel charged forward and...

*STAB!*

"Ha... ha..." They did it, with steel lodged deep into his chest, the dual-wielder bandit twitched, blood pouring from his mouth. His eyes rolled back and his head went limp, dead. Rachel pulled back her sword, removing it from the bandit's chest and Titus released his hold, letting the body dropped to the ground. The longsword's blade was glistening with fresh crimson blood, but it was no time to rest, not yet. The instructor and knight then ran back to Kreig and Natasha's location, hopefully they fared well and both of them were still breathing.

"Common" | Thoughts

Rachel Messer
Light of Hope

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Kreig Messer on December 23rd, 2013, 10:05 am

"Kreig used the tree as support to rest his weary self "Too many headbutts...." He mumbled to himself as he rested his right on his dislocated shoulder, he frequently had to move himself out of cover slightly just to keep the last archer's sight on him while Sera Natasha busied herself by trying to sneak up on the lout "Probably going to spend tomorrow in bed, might get a lecture fro vulgar m Sea..." He continued to mumble, out of the corner of his eye he saw Ser Titus and Rachel approaching at their quickest "Oh, they must be done with their fights...how nice..." Then his eyes shot up as he realised from which direction they were coming from " Awwwww Shyke" Kreig suddenly said with renewed vigoras he jumped out of the tree in front of the duo, his body intercepting the arrow as its head was lodged into his other shoulder.

The enemy archer cheered in triumph, it was the last cheer he ever let out as Sera Natasha lopped off his head from its shoulders. Kreig layed there on the ground, coming up with words for the pain he felt now as both of his shoulders were now out of action. Sera Natasha came running as she approached her square with a worried look "Petch , can I for once not go out on one of these outings and NOT get a hills in me for once?"

His Patron couldn't help but let out a chuckle " I'm afraid that's up to you Kreig, this is happening so often now I'm afraid any sympathy I show you has become nothing more than 'Aww,did Kreigy get a booboo?' " The brawler simply grumbled at the comment before being gently carried by Ser Titus like a baby.... he wondered if he had any comments to share..."
x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Rachel Messer on January 28th, 2014, 4:27 pm

Rachel and Titus sprinted with battle-fuelled vigor, determined to reach their comrades and hoping it all went well. Titus was rather confident though, Natasha and Kreig were experienced combatants, some scrawny bandits should pose them no harm, but these particular scums outnumbered both of them... he had his worries, but for some reason, he felt his heart being filled with courage... and this came from the blond-haired woman beside her. Rachel herself was quite distraught, she didn't want any of them to be harmed, despite perfectly knowing that these kind of occupation wasn't exactly 'safe' to begin with. Her job as an instructor felt so much tamer compared to these knights.

"Kreig! Sera Natasha!" With Rachel's shout, the duo almost arrived. Titus suddenly felt his gut instinct warning him of an impending danger, then from the corner of his eye, he saw an archer aiming his arrow at Rachel. "WATCH OU-" He was too late, the archer had released the arrow and there was not enough time to push Rachel out of the way. Rachel didn't notice the arrow at all, but her eyes went wide when she saw the body of her brother suddenly jumping out from a tree, her mouth went agape as an arrow pierced Kreig's shoulder in mid-air. "K-kreig!!" The instructor quickly gripped her longsword in battle position, her green eyes searching for their assailant. In the distance, she saw Sera Natasha decapitating someone, most likely the archer. Rachel sighed in relief, but not for long, her brother was laying on the ground, wounded.

"Oh no!" The half-sister sheathed her sword then crouched beside her brother, in a loss on what to do. She had no medical experience, but thankfully, they were not alone. Natasha's and Titus' joking remarks about her brother's condition seemed to show that he was going to be fine, since they were far more experienced and she respected them, Rachel trusted their judgements, but still... "Is he going to be fine?" She couldn't help to ask.

"HA! This little brawler here can take so much more! Don't worry, lass!" Titus' booming voice eased her, he was carrying the supposed mighty brawler like a newborn baby. "Awwww~ Don't worry, Kreigy, Madame Sil will fix your boobooo~" Thanks to the abundance of healers and the presence of a Rak'keli Priestess, Knights and citizens could recover from almost all wounds, save those from mortally wounded and died on the spot. The instructor couldn't help to chuckle a little, she knew Kreig disliked to be seen as weak, especially in the presence of his sister, "It's okay, Kreig, I know you'll be fine in no time," She almost patted his shoulder before realizing that was exactly the arrow pierced him.

"Alright, we should get back and report this," Titus' tone went serious, he abhorred criminals and Kreig's condition shouldn't be taken lightly, they should return to Syliras as soon as possible. Rachel couldn't agree more, she nodded silently and helped Titus to mount Kreig on his horse. The instructor then approached her own rented horse, fumbling for a bit to mount it, before settling herself. She really needed to train in the art of horsemanship if she didn't want to embarrass herself further. The instructor would follow the Knights back to Syliras.

Priskil... I pray to you, may this hand of mine someday vanquish all that is evil and wrong.

OOCAlright! This should be my last post for the thread, Kreig. See you in our next one! :D

"Common" | Thoughts

Rachel Messer
Light of Hope

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Next